• 81 results
#1 Posted by Agrammon (90 posts) -

So, I've been yearning for some new music lately, and so I thought I'd see what you guys like. I personally really like older music, and by older I mean 1960s-1990s, although I like reeeeally old music like Mozart or Beethoven. This list will make me look like a person that listens to the same music constantly, but I'm not, in fact I have a very wide array of songs and bands I like to listen to, but it just so happens that some bands have better music than others. Also, to save some people's connection I beg of you to post the link to the song on YouTube instead of directly embedding it into GB. Anyway, not that I have written enough for this to not be considered YouTube spam,I'll start with 10

10.Back in the U.S.S.R.-The Beatles

9.Revolution-The Beatles

8.Bohemian Rhapsody-Queen

7.Serenata Rap-Jovanotti

6.Eight days a week-The Beatles

5.I want to break free-Queen

4. Too much love will kill you-Queen

3.Nostalgična (Read:Nostalgichnah, Serbo-Croatian for Nostalgic)-TBF

2.We Will Rock You-Queen

Aaaaand the prize goes to (drumroll please)

1.Don't Stop Me Now-Queen

#2 Posted by Digiwth (152 posts) -

You are so boring.

#3 Posted by Agrammon (90 posts) -

@Digiwth: OK?

Cute dog by the way

#4 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

Close this thread

#5 Posted by hoossy (939 posts) -
#6 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

That's a whole lot of Beatles/Queen.

#7 Posted by Agrammon (90 posts) -

@joshthebear: I'm a pretty boring person, apparently.

#8 Edited by PSNgamesun (414 posts) -

hahaha come on guys put ur music on here really want to see what the GB community listens to here are mine...for now...cause i change favs every day lol but yeah 1. Estranged(GnR)-this one always stays tho 2. Day I tried to live(soundgarden) 3. Mojo Pin(jeff buckley) 4. Round and Round(aerosmith) 5. Neon moon(Brooks & Dunn) 6. Bell Bottom Blues (eric clapton) 7. Since I dont have you(GnR version) 8. Madagascar(GnR) 9. How the Gods kill(Danzig) 10. Sistinas(Danzig) I really here all of guns n roses so I would just put them one as a whole lol but this week or today its these ten songs

#9 Posted by drGiggless (222 posts) -

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're a huge queen fan.

#10 Posted by Agrammon (90 posts) -

@drGiggless: You're right.

@PSNgamesun: Thank you! I heard maybe 2 of those songs :P

#11 Posted by Ben_H (3444 posts) -

Not sure about 10 through 2, but I simply can't think of a reason why your number one song shouldn't be there. It's such an astonishingly good song.  If you aren't smiling by the end of that song then you are not human.

#12 Posted by Agrammon (90 posts) -

@Ben_H: Precisely :)! I like it more that other songs because there is no other song, at least not that I heard of, that is so uplifting

#13 Posted by Regal (434 posts) -

@Agrammon said:

@joshthebear: I'm a pretty boring person, apparently.

Imagine someone starting a thread called "top 10 favourite planets" and people click on it expecting stuff like the planet made entirely out of diamonds or the recently discovered moon with two suns, but instead finds "my favorite planet is earth, and then mars etc."

While it well very well be your favourite songs, most people probably just look for some musical inspiration, and its just a listing of the most worn-out songs that everybody has heard and probably likes a bit.

It may be true technically that it is your favourite songs, just like an astronomers' favourite planet may be earth, but it sort of makes the whole thing pointless. Let this be a teaching moment.

#14 Posted by EVO (3942 posts) -

All I know is

1. Echoes - Pink Floyd
#15 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

So you don't like the OP's favorite songs, that's really not a good reason to get on his case. It would be lame for him to post a thread like this with 10 songs that he didn't like, but did it to avoid being ridiculed.

Anyway, it's difficult for me to pick my top 10 songs. As soon as I hear a song I like, I replay it until I'm sick of it. I will say that Dirty Diana is one of my favorite songs, though.

#16 Posted by Agrammon (90 posts) -

@BraveToaster: Dirty Diana is really good!

#17 Posted by drGiggless (222 posts) -
#18 Posted by Agrammon (90 posts) -

@drGiggless: Should have seen that one coming, I guess

#19 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

I was allowed to say something about Freddie Mercury...back when Giantbomb was fun.

Making top 10 lists is a bitch, but I'll try.

10. Tom Waits - So Long I'll See Ya

9. The Animals - House of the Rising Sun

8. ZZ Top - La Grange

7. Bajaga - Ruža Vetrova

6. SARS - Perspektiva

5. Azra - Balkan

4. The Doors - People Are Strange

3. The White Stripes - Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground

2. The Pixies - Is She Weird

1. The Doors - The End

Fuck, i needed to leave out hundreds of songs and bands that i love...please don't make a top 10 band thread.

#20 Posted by Agrammon (90 posts) -

@TheDudeOfGaming: Perspepktiva and Balkan are AWESOME. Especially Balkan. I never heard Ruža Vetrova though

#21 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

@Agrammon: Jbg brate, Johnny je car! I trebao bi više Bajage da slušaš ;)

#22 Posted by Agrammon (90 posts) -

@TheDudeOfGaming: Volim ja Bajagu :)!

#23 Posted by TobbRobb (4853 posts) -

I change music taste completely on a whim, entire genres change from bad to awesome depending on my mood... Listing a top 10 would be hard and I'll find it to be wrong tomorrow anyways. I'll try and think up a few that I don't really get tired of instead.

Under Pressure - Queen/Bowie

Parisienne Walkways - Gary Moore

Breakfast in America - Supertramp

Is This Love - Bob Marley

Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits

Civil War - Guns and Roses

Welcome Home - Metallica

Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

Counting Stars - Nujabes

For the record, I could've filled this with gaming soundtracks, but I didn't think it fit the spirit of the thread.

#24 Posted by Aegon (5852 posts) -

If I did this it'd most likely be comprised entirely of Michael Jackson songs. 

#25 Edited by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Guns n' Roses - Garden of Eden

Bullet for my Valentine - Hand of Blood

Dead by April - Mystery

Volbeat - Still Counting

Beatie Boys - Sabotage

Jeremy Soule - Dragonborn

The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

Darren Korb - Build That Wall

Axel Rudi Pell - Hallelujah

Gotye, Kimbra - Somebody That I Used To Know

There is no order, i suck at this, i can't rank these.

#26 Posted by Castro (951 posts) -

@Agrammon: I have not heard the bands on your list that are not The Beatles or Queen, but I am interested in listening to the others now because you seem to have good taste in music.

Wait a goddamn minute. You aren't in those bands, are you?

#27 Edited by Agrammon (90 posts) -

@Castro: Jovannoti, isn't a band , he is an Italian singer. As for TBF, I can only wish to be in it :(

Oh and thanks :)

#28 Posted by Castro (951 posts) -

@Agrammon: I've been out of the music loop for about five years or so, but I frequently say that Radiohead is my favorite band of all time. I am a big fan of Queen and they are a completely legitimate "best band ever." Regardless of personal opinion, The Beatles are the actual best band ever.

#29 Posted by Agrammon (90 posts) -

@Castro said:

@Agrammon: I've been out of the music loop for about five years or so, but I frequently say that Radiohead is my favorite band of all time. I am a big fan of Queen and they are a completely legitimate "best band ever." Regardless of personal opinion, The Beatles are the actual best band ever.

Agreed, except I don't listen to a lot of Radiohead

#30 Posted by Castro (951 posts) -

@Agrammon said:

@Castro said:

That's fine. I'm a big fan of Radiohead. It's all subjective, of course, but Mega Man 2 is my favorite console game of all time. My favorite PC game of all time is Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist. Neither one of those are the greatest games of all time, but they are my favorites. That's why it's great that threads like this exist. We can all be exposed to stuff that we are unfamiliar with. Stuff like Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist.

#31 Posted by Agrammon (90 posts) -

@Castro said:

@Agrammon said:

@Castro said:

That's fine. I'm a big fan of Radiohead. It's all subjective, of course, but Mega Man 2 is my favorite console game of all time. My favorite PC game of all time is Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist. Neither one of those are the greatest games of all time, but they are my favorites. That's why it's great that threads like this exist. We can all be exposed to stuff that we are unfamiliar with. Stuff like Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist.

Well, I'm glad I got introduced to Freddy Pharkas :P! And I'm also a big fan of Mega Man 2, although I like the first one better.

#32 Posted by moffattron9000 (353 posts) -

Based on my most played list on iTunes my top ten is

10.LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends

9.The Decemberists - The Bachelor And The Bride

8.Phoenix - Lisztomania

7.The Police - Next To You

6.Kanye West - Power

5.The Replacements - Left Of The Dial

4.Arcade Fire - (Antichrist Television Blues)

3.Yellow Magic Orchestra - Rydeen

2.The Police - King Of Pain

1.The Joy Formidable - Whirring

Guess I have got no problems with this list so I guess this will do

#33 Posted by D0tti (786 posts) -
@TheDudeOfGaming: Weird choices off Balkan music, weird as in I have never heard off them, but still good songs, but then again most off the Balkan music I listen too is either from my family(which 99% are old songs) or songs that my gf send me. Seeing how I moved away from Balkan at the age of 3 or 4 I didn't really grow up with "our" music, it was mostly hip-hop in my younger days.
#34 Posted by Sgtpierceface (648 posts) -
@EVO I love you.
#35 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

@D0tti: The old songs are the best, but then again there are old songs and there are older songs. Once you discover Balkan ethno music (true folk music not that turbo-folk bullshit), it's like discovering a priceless gem that anyone can have but few find.

#36 Edited by hidys (1029 posts) -
#37 Edited by D0tti (786 posts) -
@TheDudeOfGaming: I'm not sure what older songs are to you, but when I think old songs I think the songs my parents grew up with during the 60s or 70s and yes I do love Balkan ethno music the most;).
#39 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -
  1. Owner of a Lonley Heart - Yes
  2. Space Oddity - David Bowie
  3. Its All Over Now Baby Blue - Bob Dylan
  4. Video Killed the Radio Star - Buggles
  5. Song 2 - Blur
#40 Posted by CandleJakk (766 posts) -
#42 Posted by Nightriff (5367 posts) -
  1. Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd
  2. Foreplay/Long Time - Boston
  3. Hallowed Be Thy Name - Iron Maiden
  4. Master of Puppets - Metallica
  5. Paradise City - Guns N Roses
  6. Cowboys From Hell - Pantera
  7. Hey Jude - Beatles
  8. Ænema - Tool
  9. Hot Blooded - Foreigner
  10. Clinching the Fists of Dissent - Machine Head
#43 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

Have some diversity, bro.

#44 Posted by Clinkz (1118 posts) -

"We Will Rock You" is such a shit song. I believe Freddy Mercurie composed that with money bags in his eyes after realizing it was going to be the biggest sports anthem ever. In fact, I would go so far as to say Queen kind of sucks. If I hear "Bohemian Rhapsody" one more time... I still like "Don't Stop Me Now" but it is by far and away not the greatest song.

We are all entitled to opinions though.

#45 Edited by Agrammon (90 posts) -

@Clinkz:What.

@AhmadMetallic: Bro, I usually do, bro, but i just like these songs the,bro, most. Bro.

#46 Posted by 71Ranchero (2834 posts) -

I cant be bothered to make an actual list but according to Itunes "top played songs" its a bunch of songs by Avantasia.

#48 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@Agrammon said:

@AhmadMetallic: Bro, I usually do, bro, but i just like these songs the,bro, most. Bro.

Ok bro.
#49 Posted by Aetheldod (3737 posts) -

Vordven- "Eternal Storm"
Raven Dark- "Blinded by idol light"
Deftones- "Be quiet and Drive (Far Away)"
Deftones- "Knife Party"
Summoning- "Ashen Cold"
Johan Sebastion Bach- "Tocatta and Fugue in D minor"
Tool- "Aenema"
Fear Factory- "Resurrection"
Abba- "Dancing Queen"  ... yeah I know kind of weird but I like it
Burzum- " Det som en gang var"