#1 Posted by Sackmanjones (5187 posts) -
#2 Edited by Sackmanjones (5187 posts) -

For me, I'd have to go with the 2009 theme but man the christmas one is a very close second 

#3 Posted by Suicrat (3829 posts) -

I love the Christmas theme, that weirdly-tuned piano just kills it for me.

#4 Posted by MistaSparkle (2283 posts) -

2008, but Christmas...wow. I completely forgot. Really awesome.

#5 Posted by Ben_H (3595 posts) -

Gah, voted 2008, but mixed it up with 2009. Both are amazing but 2009 is so good compared to the rest.

#6 Edited by Trilogy (2702 posts) -

2009 was pretty awesome but I absolutely love the old giant bomb e3 into. I can't seem to find it but it's the one with the synthy robot voice saying "giant bomb...e3..." during the song. Similar to the 2008 version but a lot more mellow according to my memory. I miss that old synth voice!

Edit: I found it but the only podcast it's on is the first 2008 E3 bombcast. (7/14/08) the rest of the week they used a different song.

#7 Posted by RE_Player1 (7944 posts) -

2008. I still love it after all this time and secretly hope that when I start a new podcast it gets used again.

#8 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19816 posts) -

2009. They actually used that theme on the Bombcast before the last (where Jeff was the host) and it was a pleasant surprise. It's either that or the recent "special" Bombcast theme that can be heard in the Black Ops 2 podcast.

#9 Posted by Soapy86 (2672 posts) -

Current one. It's funky!

#10 Posted by Cramsy (1204 posts) -

Christmas is so cheery!

#11 Posted by InternetCrab (1581 posts) -

The Christmas theme is my jam.

#12 Posted by BisonHero (8311 posts) -

@Soapy86 said:

Current one. It's funky!

Technically, the current one is the ridiculous guitar solo version that started sometime late in 2011. It's the second newest theme that has all the horns and slap bass and funk.

#13 Posted by RecSpec (4563 posts) -

I love the Christmas version

#14 Edited by Blackout62 (1489 posts) -

Oh god it's like picking the best Doctor but so much more important! I chose the 2011 theme cause damn it I'm a sucker for tha 70's cop show funk, also the 9th was the best Doctor.

#15 Posted by gla55jAw (2763 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

2009. They actually used that theme on the Bombcast before the last (where Jeff was the host) and it was a pleasant surprise. It's either that or the recent "special" Bombcast theme that can be heard in the Black Ops 2 podcast.

I totally caught that.

2009 is the best. I remember the original being better, still go though. The guitar strumming is the best part of it, but overall 2009.

#16 Posted by moffattron9000 (388 posts) -

There is a noticeable lack of ska here

#17 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1264 posts) -

I voted christmas but I confused it with the TalkRadar christmas intro

I would have voted C.

#18 Posted by Sackmanjones (5187 posts) -
@Trilogy

2009 was pretty awesome but I absolutely love the old giant bomb e3 into. I can't seem to find it but it's the one with the synthy robot voice saying "giant bomb...e3..." during the song. Similar to the 2008 version but a lot more mellow according to my memory. I miss that old synth voice!

Edit: I found it but the only podcast it's on is the first 2008 E3 bombcast. (7/14/08) the rest of the week they used a different song.

Oh I totally know the one your talking about. I just wanted to keep it simple between the years. I could have added the E3 and break music but nobody wants a cluttered poll.
#19 Posted by joshthebear (2704 posts) -

Chrstmas theme is the best. There's just something haunting and creepy about it that's awesome.

#20 Posted by LassieME (244 posts) -

2009 theme really does it for me. I'm oddly nostalgic to that particular theme.

#21 Edited by bennyboy (332 posts) -

Definitely the electronic one, which I'm guessing is the 2009 version. Didn't even know or recall another version existing before that one and I've been listening since the arrow pointing down days.

#22 Posted by Nentisys (900 posts) -

2009 theme for me, definitely.

#23 Edited by onan (1332 posts) -

2009 is the most videogamey one on the list and feels the most appropriate. It's only second to the original 1up Show theme music by Jane Pinckard and Eric Haller on my list of favorite game podcast opening themes (I hate that I have a list for that.)

Loading Video...
#24 Posted by 1p (798 posts) -

@onan: 1UP Show theme was always amazing. I'm not even going to listen to it right now because i'm not prepared for the nostalgia rush.

I hope the next Bombcast theme is either dubstep or ska. Don't really like the current one.

#25 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5148 posts) -

Christmas intro, so badass.

#26 Posted by onan (1332 posts) -

@1p said:

@onan: 1UP Show theme was always amazing. I'm not even going to listen to it right now because i'm not prepared for the nostalgia rush.

I hope the next Bombcast theme is either dubstep or ska. Don't really like the current one.

Not true, they did a lot of remixes of it. I wasn't a huge fan of the Summer version, but there were others I didn't like nearly as much.

Loading Video...

The 1up Show theme in Japanese was probably the absolute worst:

Loading Video...
#27 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11944 posts) -

I like the rocking one they've been using for the last however long (aside from when Jeff hosts it).

#28 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2162 posts) -

Personally D. However I will always be a fan of this:

Loading Video...
#29 Posted by Hero_Swe (1259 posts) -

I feel like I should be having the greatest trip when listening to that break music

#30 Posted by sungahymn (1084 posts) -

I bob my head whenever I hear that Christmas one.

#31 Posted by GS_Dan (1430 posts) -

Love some of 2010's slappin' bass!

#32 Posted by zudthespud (3327 posts) -

The 2009 one is the best, those synths!

#33 Posted by ThePickle (4266 posts) -

2008. Love dat bass.

#34 Posted by TobbRobb (5029 posts) -

Christmas is the best one by a mile, but I have a fondness for the original tune.

#35 Posted by EchoEcho (840 posts) -

I have a fondness for the 2010/early 2011 theme, m'self.

#36 Posted by Daiphyer (1419 posts) -

This new special-podcast music they have.

#37 Edited by TechnoSyndrome (1069 posts) -

2008, I love the bass, the voice saying Giant Bomb, and really just everything about it and the image it evokes in my head. Never liked any of the other versions nearly as much.

#38 Posted by spacetrogg (63 posts) -

I started listening to the podcast regularly in 2010, so that has to be the one I vote for. Until now I hadn't heard the 2008 or 9 versions and while they do sound pretty sweet they're just missing the nostalgia factor for me.

#39 Posted by deadly_polo (500 posts) -

The Christmas one gives me chills, but actually my favourite is the special one used in the Black Ops II bombcast, anyone else in the UK think it sounds somewhat like the intro to The Bill?

#40 Posted by Sackmanjones (5187 posts) -
@onan Oh man I that intro was amazing
#41 Posted by Suicrat (3829 posts) -

Anyone use a podcasting app that allows you to alter the speed of the track? It doesn't matter what version is your favourite, they all sound better at 1.5x!

#42 Posted by BonOrbitz (2398 posts) -

2009 is the best version! I used to pick up my cat Plump Etta and dance with her every time I'd start a new episode.

#43 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1327 posts) -

Love that 2010 one with the brass. That absolutely kills it for me.

#44 Posted by Animasta (14820 posts) -

the ska version for PAX east 2012

#45 Posted by Ghostiet (5565 posts) -

2009, hands down.

#46 Posted by EuanDewar (5143 posts) -

2009 one, I find the current one unbearable. Completely unable to enjoy it.

#47 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4994 posts) -

Yeah I love the Bombcast but I don't know the difference.

#48 Posted by admachina (215 posts) -

NDX theme should definitely be here

#49 Posted by BlastProcessing (946 posts) -

Price is Right theme.

#50 Posted by Tilghan (23 posts) -

I really dig the 2012 Bombcast intro, save for the fact that when the second guitar comes in with the octaves, it ever so slightly out of tune. I feel like that cheapens it a bit, but it's still my favorite.