• -1 results
#1 Posted by Peacemaker (1101 posts) -

I just finished up The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.  I ordered Tokyo Vice off amazon.   

So what are you all reading?
#2 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -

Nothing right now. Just finished Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour last week. If that counts as a book.

#3 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6287 posts) -

Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk. Pretty fucked up book so far.

#4 Posted by TenStoryMother (85 posts) -

I'm currently reading the Alan Wake adaption on my Nook.  It's a great read if you liked the game.
#5 Posted by White_Silhouette (470 posts) -

Finished the Dark Half little while ago and just picked up the newest Mass Effect book.

#6 Posted by Fezz (440 posts) -

Rise of the Ogre.

#7 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -

The Metamorphosis

#8 Posted by PS3RG (424 posts) -

Finishing up King's "The Dark Tower". Fantastic series.

#9 Edited by Kowalczyk (139 posts) -

About halfway through it and really enjoying it so far, some really interesting case studies about marriages and priming people to act a certain way,  
#10 Posted by Derios (422 posts) -

Friday Night Lights, but kinda gettin over it. Gonna try and pick up Ubik soon, heard it's pretty good.

#11 Posted by Valentin_Seleznyov (63 posts) -

I'm currently reading How To Kill, which is a collection of real life accounts of stories regarding assassination attempts, successful and otherwise. A very compelling read, and the story behind the attempt on President Truman's life in 1950 has stayed with me.  

It is said that Leslie Coffelt got up from a bullet that should have instantly killed him, to kill the man that killed him and was about to kill Truman, Griselio Torresola. 

It's a thoroughly engrossing read.
#12 Posted by RipperSU (44 posts) -

In the process of re-reading The Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs and Going Postal by Terry Pratchett.

#13 Posted by D0tti (786 posts) -

#15 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Currently I'm just reading through The Shadow Over Innsmouth again because I felt like it.  
So nothing special or long at the moment

#16 Edited by flammverit (69 posts) -

I'm Reading The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

I have stolen princesses back from sleeping barrow kings. I burned down the town of Trebon. I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life. I was expelled from the University at a younger age than most people are allowed in. I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during day. I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make the minstrels weep. 

You may have heard of me. 
 My name is Kvothe. 

Awesome book!

#17 Posted by alternate (2681 posts) -
Just finished "Shadow of the Scorpion" by Neal Asher and planning to re-read "In The Miso Soup" by The Other Murakami next.

@Everyones_A_Critic said:

" Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk. Pretty fucked up book so far. "

I have that on my shelf - reading the back blurb means I have been too chicken to start it so far :D
#18 Posted by BloodOfTheNorth (8 posts) -

Metro 2033, really helps understand a lot of the dialogue in the game as there is many nods to the book.

#19 Posted by Liono88 (368 posts) -

Invisible Man-Ralph Ellison

#20 Posted by ajamafalous (11845 posts) -

I haven't read a book since high school.

There are a few books that I want to read eventually, but any time I think about reading, I think about how much I hate it, and then I go do something else.

#21 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@one_2nd said:
" The Metamorphosis "
That is a great book, odd style for my taste but a real great one

I'm reading Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest. The ending of the second book did not bother me much but it reminded me too much of how the movie would have eneded. I loved how hte second book created so many questions about everything involving the murders and the cases and how everyone fit into it and by the end, their are clear cut explanations for why everything happened. I'm only 10 pages in the third book, good so far
#22 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

I am waiting for two books that I ordered... Path of the Warrior by Gav Thorpe and Horus Heresy: Legion by Dan Abnett.

#23 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

not anything right now, but thinking about rereading all my Asimov books, love that guy

#24 Posted by ozzdog12 (856 posts) -
#25 Posted by CitizenKane (10502 posts) -
Dante's Inferno
#26 Posted by Andrela (621 posts) -

#27 Posted by Brians (1458 posts) -

Othello

#28 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -
#29 Edited by Arjuna (886 posts) -
@PS3RG said:

" Finishing up King's "The Dark Tower". Fantastic series. "

@RipperSU said:

" In the process of re-reading The Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs and Going Postal by Terry Pratchett. "

@Everyones_A_Critic said:

" Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk. Pretty fucked up book so far. "

@CitizenKane said:
" Dante's Inferno "  
 oooh!  These are great books I've read! 

I'm reading all of Cormac McCarthy's stuff, and am currently on "All The Pretty Horses".  Speaking of Cormac McCarthy, if you're into audio books, I'd like to suggest, On The Road.  Very good book and read by a very good actor:   
#30 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

#31 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4620 posts) -

Yesterday I finished The Black Lung Captain by Chris Wooding, who is rapidly becoming one of my favourite authors for big, dumb adventure books. Oddly enough, I'm going to start Pride & Prejudice & Zombies later on tonight.

#32 Posted by iizcallum (606 posts) -

Requiem For a Dream by Hubert Selby Jr.

#33 Posted by Fishstick (156 posts) -

#34 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

Would highly recommend it to anyone who played Guild Wars, or intends to buy GW2.
Or fans of fantasy novels in general, GW has some great lore and the book is just really well written.
#35 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

Persepolis. Pretty darn good, and really sad.

#36 Posted by realfunfuneral (75 posts) -
@Andrela:  I bought the edition divided into 3 seperate books so it was easier to transport but I've only read the first book so far.

I've just finished Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman by Haruki Murakami and Chronicle of a Death Foretold by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
Next up I'm also about to start All The Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy.
#37 Posted by Andrela (621 posts) -
@realfunfuneral

I'd love to have that edition, lugging around a 1000 page book is a bit cumbersome.
#38 Posted by arkadysmile (145 posts) -

Princess of Landover. Terry Brooks is the man.
#39 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Zombie Survival Guide, but I haven't touched it in a while.

#40 Edited by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

This is what I read for enjoyment. 

This is how fucked up I am.
#41 Posted by realfunfuneral (75 posts) -
@Andrela:  Yeah but think of the increased upper body strength you're devolping.
#42 Posted by ArcLyte (879 posts) -

The Founding by Dan Abnett. a collection of the first three Gaunt's Ghosts novels in the WH40K universe.

#43 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1351 posts) -
@Everyones_A_Critic:  Haunted is a fairly flawed book but it's definitely ridiculous, disgusting fun. I just finished superfreakonomics so it's now either a short introduction to epidemiology or the Alan Wake files.
#44 Posted by mosespippy (4031 posts) -

For English class I'm in the middle of Lady Oracle, Double Hook and Fifth Business. I'm not sure I'll finish them, since the final exam is next week and I am a slow reader and don't like these books. Before I started this class I was in the middle of Barney's Version by Mordecai Richler. I was enjoying it but it does go up its own ass a lot and I haven't had time to finish it because of the 6 books I had to read for English class.

#45 Posted by RaceKickfist (218 posts) -

'feast for crows' - george r.r. martin

#46 Posted by acev (100 posts) -

#47 Posted by Lone_f (281 posts) -

Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab

#48 Posted by TheDarkPrince (158 posts) -

marvel zombies & all of the Naruto Manga

#49 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

Books? 

I've got my literature A-level. I never have to read a book again.

#50 Posted by nywt (439 posts) -

I'm currently reading Temple of the Winds, the fourth book in the Sword of Truth series.