• 65 results
#1 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

What are moments that were happy times for you? It can be anything that you idolized in the past. For me something that brought me nostalgia just now was a game called X-Squad back the ps2.

The reason why is because this was like the 2nd or 3rd ps2 game I rented. Watching this vid reminded me of good times, not just for this game but in general. I remember how there was different places in my area that are gone now. Like the video store where I rented this game from. I also remember coming back home from school after having a bad day, and I was playing this game and it made my day even worse.

At the time it was fun but got hard and annoying later on. I just remember screaming because I couldn't pass that level with the tank. Even though I never beaten this game. I still enjoyed it and watching this vid brought back memories. Thinking about the past is kinda making me sad.

#2 Posted by impartialgecko (1685 posts) -

Everything Ratchet and Clank. Conker for some reason. Banjo and the original Pro Skater.

#3 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

Alot of older games can really make me think of the past.

#4 Edited by believer258 (12179 posts) -

THIS FUCKING SONG:

And this one:

And this:

And... I should stop now. I loved the Super NES.

#5 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

@believer258: That song brings me nostalgia too. Me and my friend played that game on his super Nintendo when we was kids.

#6 Posted by Stink_Meaner (64 posts) -

This brings me nostalgia:)

#7 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Vanilla World of Warcraft and Pokémon blue. 

Damn, I should play some Pokémon right now.

#8 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

@Stink_Meaner said:

This brings me nostalgia:)

I remember watching that movie with my older brother. Good Times.

#9 Posted by Binarynova (150 posts) -

Playing Crystalis brings back a lot of memories. Mom bought it for me when she saw it on one of those racks in a supermarket that had some of the less popular games on it. She read the back and thought I might like it. Mom nailed it. Crystalis is probably my favorite NES game.

Also Willow for the NES. I remember renting it at the time and managing to finish it. My mom was in the living room cheering me on, cheering me up when I was discouraged by a tough boss fight, or dungeon. I must have been about 9 years old. Good times.

As far as music? This one, OMG:

#10 Edited by Tryptophan (159 posts) -
#11 Edited by JamesJeux007 (500 posts) -

This reminds me of all the hours my brother and I spent playing Pokémon Red & Blue and then Gold & Silver... and also reminds me of when we played Oracle of Ages and Seasons together. Man, we really played the SHIT out of Pokémon :'D

#12 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

@Tryptophan said:

Emulators

RunUO

Dawn of Light

Jeutie's WotLK Repack

MAME

GENS

ZSNES

Are my favorites

Nostalgia until your face falls off

The ROMS are up to you

I used to use abunch of emulators when I was a kid too. Me and my friend would play lots of games for free.

#13 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -

@believer258: Yup, forget Chrono Trigger, THAT is some fucking SNES music.

For me it's gotta be Link's Awakening above almost anything else. I went back and played it reletively recently on the 3DS and was shocked by how hard it still hit me. I've got a pretty special place in my heart for Streets of Rage 2 as well.

#14 Edited by believer258 (12179 posts) -

@Elazul said:

For me it's gotta be Link's Awakening above almost anything else. I went back and played it reletively recently on the 3DS and was shocked by how hard it still hit me. I've got a pretty special place in my heart for Streets of Rage 2 as well.

I recently beat Chrono Trigger for the first time. Despite not playing it as a kid, it still made me nostalgic, and I tried to post one of its songs... but it wouldn't let me. I'm not sure why.

I'm listening to that damn DKC2 Bramble song and it's making me want to be a kid again so bad. Damn, I loved that game. So, so very much.

#15 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

Its funny how times fly by. Its always best to enjoy life to the fullest while you still can. Because once you get old it will be to late.

#16 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@Elazul said:

I recently beat Chrono Trigger for the first time. Despite not playing it as a kid, it still made me nostalgic, and I tried to post one of its songs... but it wouldn't let me. I'm not sure why.

I'm listening to that damn DKC2 Bramble song and it's making me want to be a kid again so bad. Damn, I loved that game. So, so very much.

Yeah, that and the DKC2 forest music are just amazing, probably some of my all-time favorites along with some Castlevania, Streets of Rage and Megaman stuff.

#17 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1270 posts) -

When I was a kid and would rent games for my Sega Genesis. The one I rented the most was Shining Force. I would play through and try to beat it over the course of a weekend. I think I managed it once or twice.

#18 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

Another game that brings back memories is Threads Of Fate.

Everytime I look at this game I think of the past. I remember having so much fun playing this game. I never beaten it but came close. I remember the story made me feel a sense of sadness.

#19 Posted by Binarynova (150 posts) -

A couple of non-music videos that make me all nostalgic:

The Making of Myst (from the original CDROM):

And that pre-release Nintendo Power DKC promo video (made me want to work at Nintendo SO HARD):

#20 Posted by Stink_Meaner (64 posts) -

As far as games go this game brings back so many fond memories that I'm scared to play it again because it may really,really suck

#21 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

G4 use to be fun to watch back in the day. Remember Icons, judgement day, cinematech, arena and the other shows?

For me this is a great piece of nostalgia.

#22 Posted by EVO (3940 posts) -

Interpol's album Antics. I went to Fiji with just that and another album on my iPod, every time I hear it reminds me of paradise.

#23 Posted by uniform (1838 posts) -

#24 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

The first and original GameBoy. Always.

#25 Posted by ComradeKhan (686 posts) -

The old Lucas Arts point-and-click adventure games. SCUMM engine.

#26 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

You bring me nostalgia.

#27 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

@Guided_By_Tigers said:

You bring me nostalgia.

Awe, don't make me blush....

#28 Posted by EuanDewar (5098 posts) -

Omg you're all old as shit

#29 Edited by falserelic (5407 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

Omg you're all old as shit

Call someone to kill me...but Im only 19

#30 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3243 posts) -

Arc the Lad 2, the first four Tony Hawk games.

#31 Posted by Adaurin (188 posts) -

Any non-mario game I play pre-N64/PS1 era gives me very strong nostalgia. The mario games don't because I've played them so much well past their original periods. I have mild nostalgia for anything in the mild generations.

#32 Posted by JonSmith (171 posts) -

Any song from Digimon: The Movie's soundtrack.

#33 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

@JonSmith said:

Any song from Digimon: The Movie's soundtrack.

I use to watch Digimon back in the day.

#34 Posted by MightyDuck (1524 posts) -

Anything from the NES/Genesis era always brings back nostalgia. The ps1 era does that as well.

Older movies/music/cartoons from when I was younger always bring it back too.

#35 Posted by JacDG (2130 posts) -

LAte 90's, early 2000's music, everything from Backstreet boys, Hansen, Britney Spears to Mike and The Mechanics really makes me wish I was 6-14 years old again, those were the times :(

#36 Edited by supermonkey122 (872 posts) -

Croc Legend of the Gobbos for Sega Saturn. Virtua Fighter 2, Clockwork Knight, Bug! (that game sucks...). Also Crash Bandicoot 2, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, and Ratchet and Clank. (I grew up in the PS1/PS2 era, Saturn was my 1st console.)

#37 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Not a lot, actually.

#38 Posted by CaLe (4050 posts) -

This doesn't actually. Just thought I'd post it because I remember the old Simpsons. Nothing really brings me nostalgia. Maybe certain songs but can't think of any off the top of my head.

#39 Posted by Levius (1227 posts) -

The Sega Saturn; playing Die Hard Arcade with my Dad (we couldn't find it for sale so we borrowed loads of times), Fighters Megamix, Sonic Jam, Sonic R and a weird isometric puzzle platformer with a rabbit with a top hat, I think.

Why did I sell that glorious little console.

#40 Edited by PenguinDust (12626 posts) -

Maurice Sendak's Really Rosie TV special with music by Carol King. This was unquestionably the most important soundtrack album of my childhood. I loved the books, too. The TV special was basically a series of animated music videos loosely linked together.

Video begins at 1:40 since it's off a VHS. This needs to be out on DVD. Sigh.

#41 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8605 posts) -

Snes sprites.

#42 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Any time I hear music by Frank Klepacki.

Not only does it immediately send me through a nostalgia hole of memories from several games, but it culminates with the memory of playing C&C; with my dad while FIGHT! WIN! PREVAIL! screamed through the speakers.

No! No! No! NO MERCY!

#43 Posted by crusader8463 (14428 posts) -
#44 Posted by Cyrus_Saren (540 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Snes sprites.

This. Hell, SNES in general. Also, Power Rangers. And Darkwing Duck. And Tiny Toons. And... a lot of other shit.

#45 Posted by Grand (53 posts) -

This one. God they don't make stories that grip you like they used to. Also, the knowledge that at one point and time there were Saturday morning cartoons, and after school cartoons. Anyone remember kids WB and old school Toonami? Boo-frigging-yeah.
#46 Posted by Ben_H (3427 posts) -

Age of Empires 2, Donkey Kong Country, old Mario games, old Zelda games, THPS games, 80s/90s music, Pokemon, old cartoon theme songs.

Also, Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Just started watching that again and am getting mad nostalgia. I must have watched every episode with my neighbour after school everyday.

#47 Edited by falserelic (5407 posts) -

@Grand said:

This one. God they don't make stories that grip you like they used to. Also, the knowledge that at one point and time there were Saturday morning cartoons, and after school cartoons. Anyone remember kids WB and old school Toonami? Boo-frigging-yeah.

I remember those shows. I used to watch Toonami all the time back in the day. One of my favorite shows was Tenchi Muyo.

I use to love watching this show. Until they changed stuff in the series that ruined the experience for me. GOOD TIMES!

#48 Posted by Chop (1998 posts) -

Any Nintendo 64 game. That's when gaming took over as my main hobby and basically every memory I have between the ages of 8 and 13 are tied to that system.

#49 Posted by KBD20 (1 posts) -

Pretty much this: