What can I do with spiced rum?

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By matoya

It was my birthday last week, and the guy I work with bought me a big old bottle of Cap Morgans Spiced Rum.

What should I drink it with? I know coke is the obvious answer, but I asked a buddy of mine and he suggested fresh pineapple juice, which I am eagerly going to buy on Monday.

Any other suggestions as to good drinks I can make with it? Cheers!

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Besides your basic soda mixes, rum is used to make mojito's, mai tai's and cuba Libre's. Search for a mojito recipe that uses spiced rum (there are other rums like white rum that require their own recipe so be careful) and learn how to make that.

Ladies love mojitos.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By ArtisanBreads

If you like white russians, you can make that drink and variations on it using rum instead of vodka. I enjoy the drink and like it with rum too.

triviaman09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Put some lime in it, ice, done. Seriously. Suggestions above are also good if that's too alcohol-y.

jszyarto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

It's usually used as a mixer so with cola's. I like it with pineapple juice and a splash of lime juice myself.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I like to drink Captain Morgans straight. I also enjoy it with cola. Haven't had it with much else to be honest. That pineapple sure does sound good though.

azulot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By azulot

Usually I like a darker rum but you can easily make a painkiller! Pineapple Juice, Orange Juice, Cream of Coconut and a bit of Nutmeg. It's my husbands favorite.

Now, another thing that goes great with spiced rum is that cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper. It's delightful.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By MezZa

Good with Coke or Dr. Pepper. You can also make a drink out of rum, Kahlua, and milk that tastes pretty close to either coffee or chocolate milk depending on your ratio. Personally I don't drink captain morgan though so I can't recommend too much.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Honestly stick to coke. Spiced rum is low quality rum that is already crammed full of sugars and such, and doesn't work in any of the conventional "rum" cocktails. Would hate for you to try a wonderful cocktail using the wrong rum and think it to be gross! Don't take this as pretentious either, I drink plenty of captain and coke, but your standard white rum is far more versatile with mixing.

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@driveuplife: correction! Everyone loves mojitos! Don't descriminate against that delicious beverage or else! You got me so flustered I need to go make one right now and relax. Look what you've done!

It's weird I actually prefer spiced rum to white rum like Bacardi. Not sure why but the smell of it reminds me of cheap vodka that comes in plastic bottles. I've actually gotten into gin lately

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@driveuplife: correction! Everyone loves mojitos! Don't descriminate against that delicious beverage or else! You got me so flustered I need to go make one right now and relax. Look what you've done!

It's weird I actually prefer spiced rum to white rum like Bacardi. Not sure why but the smell of it reminds me of cheap vodka that comes in plastic bottles. I've actually gotten into gin lately

My grandad and I brew our own gins. We've had great success with damson berry, strawberry and rasberry. It gets you leathered so fast though, because you drink it like juice

mjbrune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mjbrune

Spiced rum is good for blackbeard's revenge(rum, root beer and tennessee honey whiskey). I wouldn't recommend a mojito with spiced rum though, you want clear rum for that.

Sysyphus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know someone who mixes rum and spiced rum with bitters and a slice of lime, she really enjoys it.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either drink spiced rum with lemon and ice or hot water (or even try it in tea). Spiced rum doesn't really need a mixer and it's better as is in my opinion. Mixers do work but most of the time when people do that I've seen them get nauseous from all the sugar way before they get nauseous from being drunk.

@matoya: Damson berry gin is so good. It's such a joy whenever you get to taste that. I once got to try damson berry gin with elderberry tonic and that was one of the coolest taste sensations I've had.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Can't believe no one has mentioned having it with dry (ginger ale) and lime.

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get a eye patch and drink like a pirate! Yarrrr!

DrFat32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simple. Pepsi Max and ice in a big glass. If you don't want it pass it my way and I will give you back the empty tomorrow.

Arrg.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18  Edited By Zevvion

Nothing. Rum is one of the few high alcohol drinks that doesn't taste like garbage.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bang some Fanta Fruit Twist in that motherfucker.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Rum Cake II

This makes a tube pan cake that is moist and delicious. It's the rum glaze that soaks in after baking that makes it fabulous!"

Ingredients

• 1 cup butter
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 teaspoon rum flavored extract
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup rum

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 or 10 inch tube pan.
  2. Cream 1 cup of the butter and 2 cups of the white sugar together. Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each one.
  3. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together and add alternately with the buttermilk to the egg mixture. Stir in the vanilla and rum extracts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour. Remove cake from oven and pour all of the Rum Butter glaze over cake while still warm. Leave cake in pan for 2 hours before removing to serving dish.
  5. To Make Butter Rum Glaze: Melt the remaining 1 cup of the butter and 1 cup of white sugar over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in rum. Use immediately to glaze cake.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2017 Allrecipes.com

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always been a big rum and coke fan but in the middle of university I went on a pretty big Sprite/7up and spiced rum kick.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One right answer here: Mai Tai all day errrdayyy.