What car would you not drive even if it was given to you free?

• 190 results
mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By mikey87144

@Barrock: That's a pretty good car actually. Handles great.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By psylah

@Zelyre said:

Any Chrysler and any Hummer. My first car was a Le Baron. What a piece of shit that was. It only had 50k miles on it, it died at 70k miles. Had an axel break. Front lights only worked half the time. Trans took an utter shit. It burned oil. It had the shitty 90s Chrysler paint job where it started to peel away. To contrast that, my Camry made it past 120k before I sold it and my Mustang that I abused to hell made it to 80 when I got tired of it.

And then Chrystler went on to parter with Daimler and make cars for Mercedes... the worst Mercedes built since their inception. What a trainwreck.

I've got a mustang, some 160k miles on it. I was waiting for it to die before I bought another, but it has become apparent that I am going to have to take the initiative.

Thompson820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Thompson820

I've driven a Prius multiple times.

Shame level: 0

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By psylah

@mikey87144 said:

@Barrock: That's a pretty good car actually. Handles great.

Those new fiestas are dope. Most of Ford's new lineup looks great, and quality has improved by leaps and bounds.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By WickedFather

AIDS car with dildo seat and razor blade steering wheel and landmines for pedals and drunk hobo in the passenger seat. Also anything American. I only drive Welsh cars.

camp7203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By camp7203

Cube, Prius, and Hummer.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By BulletproofMonk

I would drive pretty much any car if it was given to me for free.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58  Edited By Tylea002

Will Smith had an Audi TT in i, Robot. Also, the Audi TT looks awesome.

AND, what is with you people being so snobby you wouldn't drive an awesome fast car just because oh my god it doesn't look that great?

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Sploder

Nothing

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Ravenlight

@Bell_End said:

a reliant robin

clarkson will demonstrate why.

I came here to post that exact video. Good call!

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By Samaritan

A Smart Car or a P.T. Cruiser.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62  Edited By Dalai

I'd take any car that runs.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I wouldn't drive anything that makes me look poor.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By Ben_H

Hmm...  On the list of cars I definitely wouldn't drive would be: 
- Most pickup trucks (here it is a huge thing for the asshole types to buy pickup trucks that are way too big and powerful for their needs and add thousands of accessories and risers to them to be "cool". We call them penis trucks because more often than not the people who drive them seem to be compensating for something.) 
- Hummers (see trucks. Same idea.) 
- Toyota Prius (ugly as hell and now has a reputation for being driven by hipster types around here.) 
- Nissan Cube and Nissan Juke (how can you possibly think those are good purchases. They'll lose resale value so fast because they're so ugly, though the Juke is way worse than the Cube) 
- Smart Car (I don't think  I would feel safe in one) 
- The Chrysler PT Cruiser (what the hell was Chrysler thinking?) 
- The Chevy Aveo (Garbage car. My dad is a higher up for a GM dealership and even he admits they're complete crap and he never badmouths GM vehicles) 

Out of curiousity, what do the people in this thread actually drive? I personally drive a Mk 4 Volkswagen Jetta VR6. I got it on the cheap because of my dad's connections though it had a bit of work to be done on it before I could drive it. I love it, it's such a pleasant car to drive and has plenty of power for my needs. It's nice having a car with a bit of a kick to the engine though I am definitely starting to speed more as a result.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Funzzo

@Orbitz89 said:

Are you serious? If I was given a car for fucking free I wouldn't give two shits what it was or if it was neon pink with green flames smeared over the sides...

A car for free.. who the fuck am I to complain.

Ya this is what I was thinking. Plus if you cant bring yourself to drive an Audi or Porsche and someone gave it to you for free you could always sell it?

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#66  Edited By isomeri

@bigsmoke77 said:

The keys are handed to you and you are told "These are the keys to your new ______ !" You respond " No thanks, I'll stick to my _________" or "No thanks I'll stick to walking and biking" What car or cars would it be?

For me it would be the Audi TT and the Porsche Boxster. I could barely live with myself if I drove a Mazda Miata.

The TT and Boxter are both really fun cars, and a MX-5 on a sunny summer day is a sweet sweet thing. I find the concept of this thread to be quite ridiculous, but let's see.

I wouldn't drive a car with a zombie in it and I wouldn't drive a car which had speakers mounted on the outside blaring Hoobastank at pedestrians.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#67  Edited By Justin258

Take it, sell it, buy something I actually like. Or pay off whatever I was driving before.

Look, I'm driving a cream-colored 1999 Nissan Altima; there's worse but not much, and I'd still take the "worse" and sell it like I said above.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#68  Edited By galiant

Any car. I don't have a license, so I'd sell it.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By psylah

@Ben_H said:

Nissan Cube and Nissan Juke (how can you possibly think those are good purchases. They'll lose resale value so fast because they're so ugly, though the Juke is way worse than the Cube)

I am changing my list, the Juke is at the top of my will never drive list.

They developed and built that instead of a new Silvia / 200SX / 240SX for the "youth market".

What a fucking joke.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Aetheldod

Any SUV on the market

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@bigsmoke77

The keys are handed to you and you are told "These are the keys to your new ______ !" You respond " No thanks, I'll stick to my _________" or "No thanks I'll stick to walking and biking" What car or cars would it be?

For me it would be the Audi TT and the Porsche Boxster. I could barely live with myself if I drove a Mazda Miata.

I have only seen Asian women and female realtors driving this car.
I have only seen Asian women and female realtors driving this car.
The car for the middle aged man with enough money to get a Boxster over a Mazda Miata.
The car for the middle aged man with enough money to get a Boxster over a Mazda Miata.
My mom has an Audi TT. It is a very feminine car but it drives like a dream.
evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#72  Edited By evanbower

Ok guys, seriously.. lets talk cars here. #talkinshop

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By forkboy

Any of them. Because I can't drive.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Superkenon

Why would I turn down a free car? Unless it's just a complete wreck or something.

Or maybe if I can't afford the rate at which it guzzles gas. But then again I could at least sell it to some yuppie. Win/win!

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Wacomole

If you'd turned down a free car for such a silly reason, then you probably didn't deserve it in the first place.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76  Edited By s10129107

Stock Miatas are stupid but my friend had the performance package Miata and that thing was AWESOME. The way that car handled was out of control. Don't knock it until you try it. Anyway, a car is a car, and if i'm getting one for free and i don't have one, then i'm not going to let pride win over prudence. The only car I wouldn't consider is something that got less than 15 MPG.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#77  Edited By huntad

@Asurastrike said:

A car that was on fire.

Yeah, a car that would not run or was a serious risk to drive. I don't give a shit how I look in a car. I use it to get around.

duskvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By duskvamp

If it worked and wasn't dangerous I'd drive anything. If you just want to know what cars we think are ugly, I'd definitely say a Chrysler Crossfire.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By iam3green

any hybrid, they just look stupid with the shape.

i think they should of made the body look like a regular car instead of some high tech stuff.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By psylah

@evanbower said:

Ok guys, seriously.. lets talk cars here. #talkinshop

Whatchu wanna talk about?

I'm shoppin and sellin.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

A free car is a free car. Don't care what it is as long as it runs.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By SomeJerk

Thinking about it I wouldn't even give a PT Cruiser to my financially down and car-needy sister and her husband and their two kids.

I would rather give them the Smart.

Which shows that I care for them a little bit, deep down in my heart.

e: The PT Cruiser is like the one car I feel this about, I'll drive a rusty Lada as long as the brakes work yaknow, but that PT Cruiser yeuuuuurgh. And I love the Smart car, aesthetics and design and shiz

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By ShockD
@Oscar__Explosion said:

Pretty much this. I'm not prejudiced.
Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Zelyre

@psylah said:

@Zelyre said:

Any Chrysler and any Hummer. My first car was a Le Baron. What a piece of shit that was. It only had 50k miles on it, it died at 70k miles. Had an axel break. Front lights only worked half the time. Trans took an utter shit. It burned oil. It had the shitty 90s Chrysler paint job where it started to peel away. To contrast that, my Camry made it past 120k before I sold it and my Mustang that I abused to hell made it to 80 when I got tired of it.

And then Chrystler went on to parter with Daimler and make cars for Mercedes... the worst Mercedes built since their inception. What a trainwreck.

I've got a mustang, some 160k miles on it. I was waiting for it to die before I bought another, but it has become apparent that I am going to have to take the initiative.

Heh, funny you mention that. A few years back, I bought a new car; I test drove a Mercedes C300 and thought it was all right. I told the dealer I was pretty interested, but needed to sleep on it. We had agreed on a price and I was going to drop by with a check the next day.

I went home, did a little research and saw the Chrysler connection. The next day, the dealership called and asked when I'd be stopping by. I told them I wasn't going to. They cut a few grand off the price, but I didn't want it. If money was coming out of my pocket, no matter how much, I wasn't going to take it. Sorry, a sedan that's being driven on the street shouldn't need transmission repairs/replacements at 50k miles.

@Ben_H said:

Out of curiousity, what do the people in this thread actually drive?

A 2004 Infiniti G35x. Having AWD is now a requirement for me for a daily driver. It only has 55k miles on it, so I can't justify replacing it quite yet. The winters here are dark and full of terrors. Outside of brakes and tires, the only major work I've had done on it was a cleaning of the throttle body, it was heavily gunked up and made starting the car difficult.

It does struggle to turn over if it's silly below zero and it's fuel economy isn't great. (but that's my fault.) The paint does seem to chip easily. It's also a really noisy car. I had the compression rod bushings replaced at 20k, but it started squeeking again 10k miles later.

My next car is probably going to be something diesel. French fry oil is something we Americans have in abundance!

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By psylah

@Zelyre said:

@psylah said:

@Zelyre said:

Heh, funny you mention that. A few years back, I bought a new car; I test drove a Mercedes C300 and thought it was all right. I told the dealer I was pretty interested, but needed to sleep on it. We had agreed on a price and I was going to drop by with a check the next day.

I went home, did a little research and saw the Chrysler connection. The next day, the dealership called and asked when I'd be stopping by. I told them I wasn't going to. They cut a few grand off the price, but I didn't want it. If money was coming out of my pocket, no matter how much, I wasn't going to take it. Sorry, a sedan that's being driven on the street shouldn't need transmission repairs/replacements at 50k miles.

We drove the hell out of a E320, at around the 130k mile mark, it hit serious transmission problems. Before that, frequent electrical problems. Headlights that wouldn't stay on. Batteries discharging overnight. Error codes day in and out.

That Chrysler era was a dark time.

If you'll excuse my pun.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By kermoosh

well i'm not a spoiled bastard like you guys, so i'd take any car for free

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By SmilingPig
No Caption Provided
anpalcactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By anpalcactus

Well, as for me, I would take any car just to resell. I'm not a fan of autocars so would rather use a motorbike.

bigsmoke77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By bigsmoke77

@believer258: I should have stated in my original post that you can sell it and you have to drive it until the engine blows up.

@ isomeri I am sure they drive great but they are small cars with a style and culture that I dislike. I would love a MX-5, the miata has less styling and power I presume.

bigsmoke77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By bigsmoke77

@RazielCuts: " I would dislike driving a Miata because it is a small car and its known for being a affordable "fun" "cruising" car and the only people I know who own them are retired teachers. I would dislike being part of that type of car culture" IS that better, Jesus fuck you don't have to take stuff so serious, I am very disappointed in the hateful comments in this thread. I just always said to myself that I would not drive an Audi TT if it was given to me and was wondering if people had the same feelings about a car/s.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By NegativeCero

@Oscar__Explosion said:

Yep.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#93  Edited By bacongames

@TheUnsavedHero said:

Mazda Miata. Blech.

The local owner's club met on my street every once in a while. The house which hosted wouldn't shut the fuck up about those fucking cars. I hate the cars, I hate them, I hate the name.

I also concur with others that I would refuse a Prius because it looks like garbage. I totally would buy a hybrid but not one that looks like that and sends the wrong message to both camps in pro/anti evnironmentalism. Speaking of looks, I would outright refuse a giant truck like an Ford F150 or likewise bulky mass of waste. That's just mass I have to haul from point A to point B burning gas, looking like a giant twat. Unless you are caked in dust and are carrying a full bed of bricks, fuck off with your big truck. That aside, there's just something about the F150 that looks like a dude flexing to show off than just being strong when and where it counts. SUV's likewise mostly look like bulky and inefficient machines for transport of people and/or things.

A wagon style vehicle is better for people, a truck for carrying load, and a small efficient car for point A to B rides. If I want an all-in-one car I'll get a proper sports sedan or better yet a hot hatch like a Golf.

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Slay3r1583

A Smart

I would happily continue driving my shitty old Dakota over a brand new Smart car.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#95  Edited By winsord

The two main ones that come to mind are the recent Jeep Grand Cherokees (those things are terrifying on the moose test), and the PT Cruiser.

BigSmoke, even if you're not, you make yourself sound an awful lot like a 'macho' teenager with personal image issues. Passing on any cars that could be regarded as feminine, it makes you sound like someone who drives a lifted truck that's never seen a dirt road. Awfully concerned with peoples' perceptions and not about the performance of the car.

"I would love a MX-5, the miata has less styling and power I presume." The MX-5 IS the Miata; they're the same car, as is the Eunos Roadster. They're awesome little FRs that have great handling, and they're avoided by bros because they're lightweight and small.

MX-5 = EU, Miata = NA, Eunos = Japan

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#96  Edited By Hamst3r

I would accept any functioning car given to me for free.

As for driving them, I wouldn't drive any of them...I would resell them for cash.

sevenLiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By sevenLiter

Any car that has a certain cultural stigma attached to it: I'd be so embarrassed to be seen driving a Hummer or an Escalade. Also, cars that have a boy-racer image like an STI or Lancer Evo. They're both awesome cars, but the kind of attention they attract would be unbearable. I guess the same can be said for any sports car, really. I just don't like attention. However, I would drive an old, rusty, steel wheeled, Volvo wagon with a twin-turbo Corvette motor in it. See, I'm not totally lame.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#98  Edited By Ben_H
@psylah said:

@Ben_H said:

Nissan Cube and Nissan Juke (how can you possibly think those are good purchases. They'll lose resale value so fast because they're so ugly, though the Juke is way worse than the Cube)

I am changing my list, the Juke is at the top of my will never drive list.

They developed and built that instead of a new Silvia / 200SX / 240SX for the "youth market".

What a fucking joke.

And they even put a GTR engine in a couple and had the guts to call it a Juke-R

The first time I saw one of those things driving I actually did a double take just to makes sure I wasn't seeing things. I just don't understand what would make someone want to buy one. There's nothing about it that looks nice and I imagine it is just a middling car to drive just like all the other crossovers.

@BaconGames  said: 

If I want an all-in-one car I'll get a proper sports sedan or better yet a hot hatch like a Golf.

Good call. I was gonna get a Golf GTI myself but I got an offer that was too good to turn down from a VW dealership manager my dad knows on a Jetta GLS VR6 that is essentially identical to the GTI (same interior other than I have cloth seats, the dash is identical, same engine, same stereo, same everything but it has a trunk instead of a hatchback).
PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By PillClinton

Any modern muscle car from America or Australia. The short-sightedness of those vehicles is laughable, not to mention they're utterly out-maneuvered on any track with turns by cars with less than half the power.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By inkerman

Comby van, the things are fucking lethal.