What cell phone plan do you have?

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DriveupLife

I was walking through best buy yesterday when I saw a Virgin Mobile iPhone 4S plan for 30 bucks a month. I was like "WTF I'm paying 110 at Verizon" for the iPhone 5 I got this christmas. I quickly returned my phone, backed out of the contract early and signed up with Virgin Mobile. I'm pretty happy with the decision and coverage looks good in my most frequented areas of the US but I'm traveling on business so i haven't seen how it is at home yet.

What phone plan are you all using? Do you have a contract? Is it almost up and are you upgrading your phone soon?

bruno0091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 23

#2  Edited By bruno0091

I have an iPhone 4 from work and a Nokia Lumia 920 as my personal phone. Do you guys really have to pay those kind of prices in America? My personal phone is on contract for £31 p/m, which is about $50 and is 600 minutes, 1.5GB of data and unlimited texts... what kind of deal do you get for $110?!

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DriveupLife

Haha not much of a deal, if you want the most current version of the iphone you have to go with a big carrier, and with Verizon, for an iPhone 5 individual plan, you pay 300 for the phone, 40 for unlimited talk and text, and 50 for 1gig of data, 60 for 2 gigs etc, plus 10 dollars a month for insurance on the phone which covers accidental damage, and lost or stolen

This new Virgin Mobile plan is 1200 minutes a month, Unlimited text and Unlimited Data for 40 bucks a month if you sign up for autopay, 45 if you dont.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Bell_End

i have an iphone 4 that i bought second hand and have a O2 pay as you go tarrif where i pay £15 a month and get 100mins of calls, unlimited test and unlimited data.

Talis12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Talis12

I switched to Vodafone couple months back.. Samsung Galaxy S3, 10GB web, unlimited texts, 140mins for €35,- a month. I dont call much..

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By dichemstys

I have a Tracfone that I use every once in a while.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By zaccheus

I paid 696€ for a 32GB iPhone 5. I have a 9,90/month plan with 100 minutes, 25 text, 1GB data with a two year contract. This is in Finland.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kerned

What kind of data limit do you have for $30/month?

My wife and I have a pair of Galaxy S3s on Verizon with unlimited talk & text, sharing 6GB of data. Switched from T-Mobile a few months ago, and have been very happy so far. LTE is incredibly fast.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ben_H

$73 for unlimited texting (which I never used to use but now use probably 100 times a day or more), unlimited data, unlimited local calls, unlimited national calls to other people on the same network, unlimited picture messaging, caller ID (A big one for me) and $8 insurance for my iPhone 5 I got a month ago. That is around the average plan you can get here if you have a smart phone. 

I used to have a cheaper plan but now that I work during the school year I can afford a better one. I also use my iPhone significantly more than I used my old Nexus phone.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sanity

I just have a tracphone as fuck paying a monthly bill, i spend like 40 bucks every 3 months on it and talk and text as much as i want. I dont need internet on my phone.

BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BombKareshi

Blackberry 8520.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SaFt

I have an iPhone 3GS. I won't be getting a new one anytime soon since i hardly use this one as it is.

Not even sure why i got one in the first place, i like new stuff i guess.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By louiedog

I'm mostly on wifi and signed up with Ting. I never stream video or download large files on data, so while things like 5 GB caps and unlimited sounded nice, I never came close to needing it. Ting is flexible and I pay for what I use. If I'm traveling and relying on my data connection more they bill me for the next tier up. If I'm out of the country and not using data at all they credit me for the difference between my plan and the lower pricing tier. My bill has been as low as $14/mo after taxes and I'm not under contract. It's not a good deal for large data users, but for me it's been great. 

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kerned

@dudy80 said:

I dont need internet on my phone.

It's funny, because I feel the same way about voice. For example, I only used 100 minutes in December.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By subject2change

Galaxy S3 on an AT&T Family Plan with my sister, its 6GB shared Data (may drop it to 4GB), unlimited text and messaging for like 80 each a month. Those $30 plans are nice and all, but I use at least 2GB of data at 4GB speeds a month and they usually only include 250MB max at full speed.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AlexW00d

@DriveupLife said:

Haha not much of a deal, if you want the most current version of the iphone you have to go with a big carrier, and with Verizon, for an iPhone 5 individual plan, you pay 300 for the phone, 40 for unlimited talk and text, and 50 for 1gig of data, 60 for 2 gigs etc, plus 10 dollars a month for insurance on the phone which covers accidental damage, and lost or stolen

This new Virgin Mobile plan is 1200 minutes a month, Unlimited text and Unlimited Data for 40 bucks a month if you sign up for autopay, 45 if you dont.

$50 for a gig of data? I think you can get a gig of data here for like £5, and you won't be paying for you phone either. Admittedly it doesn't make much difference compared to all the thousands of other things that are twice the price here, but damn I'm not jealous of US mobile phone or internet prices.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S3 but I've got a thing with my parents so I only pay for data, which is $30 a month unlimited.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pazy

Ngage! Fuck you all!

Seriously, my current active phone is an Ngage ive been using since ~2005 when I got it for £50 with a couple games. Its solid and reliable, gets reception more places that most phones ive seen and can take damage like a champ.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By mesoian

@DriveupLife said:

I was walking through best buy yesterday when I saw a Virgin Mobile iPhone 4S plan for 30 bucks a month. I was like "WTF I'm paying 110 at Verizon" for the iPhone 5 I got this christmas. I quickly returned my phone, backed out of the contract early and signed up with Virgin Mobile. I'm pretty happy with the decision and coverage looks good in my most frequented areas of the US but I'm traveling on business so i haven't seen how it is at home yet.

What phone plan are you all using? Do you have a contract? Is it almost up and are you upgrading your phone soon?

Grandfathered Verizon family plan which my dad as bundled with his cable and tv. The mobile portion, which I pay for the family, is 70 a month for 300 talk minutes, 200 texts and unlimited data. The moment that data stops being unlimited is the moment I get out of verizon's house.

@AlexW00d said:

@DriveupLife said:

$50 for a gig of data? I think you can get a gig of data here for like £5, and you won't be paying for you phone either. Admittedly it doesn't make much difference compared to all the thousands of other things that are twice the price here, but damn I'm not jealous of US mobile phone or internet prices.

US Mobile carriers are fucking thieves.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By Deranged

I have a Rogers plan on my iPhone 4- About $55 a month, 2500 texts, 350 minutes (unlimited after 7 PM and on weekends), and 6 GB of data.

IIGrayFoxII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By IIGrayFoxII

I am currently using a Droid 2, with a 300 minute, 200 text (unlimited to Verizon users) and have grandfathered unlimited data. Runs me $80 (US) dollars a month (I get a discount because the company I work for has a Verizon contract).

My contract expired last October and I have no idea what or who I want to upgrade / renew with.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By RobotHamster

Normal plan, I just have a regular phone because I'm fine with just calling and texting. Don't use social sites, watching videos, internet and everything else on smart phones don't really interest me enough to pay for data plans and all of that.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MikkaQ

My plan costs like 70 bucks usually. I get 6 gigs of data for 30$ a month and unlimited local incoming calls, which is nice because I never call out anyway.

joejaen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By joejaen

I have an iPhone 5 with AT&T in NYC and I currently pay $160. I have the 6GB shared data plan (unlimited Text, MMS, Calls), which is shared with my iPad 2 that I barely if ever use on 3G. I however, use a massive amount of data on my iPhone (last month alone was 5.98GB) on LTE (which is, believe it or not, actually faster than my home cable internet). It sucks, but it is what it is. I would happily pay $200/month and have unlimited everything.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Vexxan

~$30 1GB plan including Spotify Premium for my iPhone. I barely make any calls or send SMS anymore so the cost for that is very low, often $2-3 only.

nutta27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By nutta27

I bought an iPhone 5 on release. The phone cost £74 which at a guess is about $90 and £34 a month which again will be about $50

Seems pretty cheap for the latest iPhone to me. The contract is on 24 months 700 minutes, Unlimited text and data.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jdh5153

iPhone 4 on ATT @ $85/mo (after 15% military discount).

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DriveupLife
@Pazy I don't believe you. I need a picture as evidence
Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Meltac

I pay just about 17$ for unlimited texts, 120 minutes and 1 gig of data. With my usage, I don't really need more.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Spoonman671

I'm part of a family plan and my portion of the bill (line access, 2GB of 4G LTE, and 1000 messages) is about $45. I've got Verizon.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

I got into Sprints Friends and Family deal just one month before they restructured the whole thing. I get 500 daytime minutes with unlimited text, web and night calls (starts at 7pm) for $30 a month.

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By living4theday258

I need to take a trip to best buy. I have no idea what model of phone I have.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Teoball

I have a Sony Xperia Play as my personal phone. 500 text messages, 500 minutes and 500 MB which I should cancel,

I don't use it at all though since I have an IPhone 4s as my work phone which has 1000 minutes, 1000 text messages and 8GB of data a month.

I just use the work phone though, since I don't have to pay for it!.