#1 Posted by Devil240Z (3406 posts) -

and second question could I use such a thing to make a custom arcade stick?

#2 Edited by ThunderSlash (1909 posts) -

I'm pretty sure he hacked one of those "Easy" buttons from Staples. Maybe some arduino wizardry was involved?

#3 Posted by Devil240Z (3406 posts) -

@thunderslash: yeah not the easy button the thing he wired it into to make it a usb device. i think he said it mimics a keyboard.

#4 Edited by Daze (68 posts) -

He wanted a button that you could press that would add to a death counter during Bradley May Cry. The yawn counter was the testing of it, with the added benefit of random sounds.

#5 Posted by TruthTellah (9428 posts) -

@devil240z: Wasn't it just the little board of a keyboard? Not sure why you'd need something special. Just get the connections of the button to run into the keyboard controller, making it act like a single key input.

#6 Posted by Devil240Z (3406 posts) -

@daze said:

He wanted a button that you could press that would add to a death counter during Bradley May Cry. The yawn counter was the testing of it, with the added benefit of random sounds.

yes but how did he make it...

#7 Edited by TruthTellah (9428 posts) -
#8 Edited by Daze (68 posts) -

@devil240z: My bad I misread your question.

@truthtellah: I think he used this one http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-Staples-Easy-Button-tm-Control-your-compu/ because they updated the inside of it.

#9 Posted by TruthTellah (9428 posts) -

@daze: Unfortunately, your link doesn't go anywhere. Though, I could believe that it was a different one.

#10 Posted by SuperSambo (2881 posts) -
#11 Posted by TruthTellah (9428 posts) -

@truthtellah: Words fine for me.

heh. He fixed the link. It was just going to http:// initially. (and that does look more like what Vinny made)

#12 Posted by CastroCasper (1304 posts) -

He used a Teensy if that is what you are asking.

#13 Posted by chiablo (987 posts) -

A Teensy is essentially a very small Arduino. They cost around $13 and is about the size of a stick of gum. Pretty much any code you find for Arduino projects can be loaded on a Teensy.

Some of the cooler things it can do that the Arduino doesn't do natively is that it can emulate a keyboard, mouse, or Joystick. This is most likely what their code is doing. When an input pin is pulled low, it types something into a web form they made.