What did you GIVE for Christmas tho

mechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 0

I'm sure we all got some tight shit (DeAndre Levy jersey), but I'm really more interested in what we all got for our friends and family? Partly because I get just as must enjoyment out of seeing my mom be excited, but mostly because it's not always easy to buy for some people, so let whip up some ideas for the future

Mom: she crams all her keurig cups into drawers and cainets, so I got one of those cup carousel things

Stepdad: Fools Rush In by Bill James. He likes the Freakanomics books and liked Moneyball sooooo I figured there's some sort of overlap here. Also they go to Buffalo Wild Wings all the time to watch UFC and I happen to know the only 3 sauces they ever get on their wings, so Bdubs does this 3-pack of their bottles of sauce for like $12, so I got that too

Dad: He likes to blast his dad rock from his stereo system, and he just got a new laptop and he's going digital with his music collection, so I got him this bluetooth thing that plugs into the stereo and streams his music from laptop to the stereo

Sister: Got her a Tile because I think it's a cool little thing and useful for anyone, but mostly she's hard as hell to buy for because she wants like, specific designer boots and jackets n shit, I dunno

Everyone seemed happy. How'd you guys n gals do this year?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

A tile? As in, a roof tile or floor tile or what?

I got my niece some Lego 'cause she's getting to the age where she can actually understand and build the stuff; kids grow up fast.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Portable Phone Charger for Mom (She NEVER charges her phone at night and complains that her phones battery is no good.)

Soundbar for Dad

Polaroid Camera for the wife

Kid got a ton of stuff. Basically everything she could have wanted. She liked the light up shoes the most. (Which were not as expensive as the other toys we got, but that's cool.)

civid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By civid

Got my sister The Wind Rises which I'm pretty excited to watch myself. Bought two weiss beers a Leffe and something else for my brother and father and also got my brother Abba's Greatest Hits. Got my mother a good Amarone wine. That was it. Always love to give people I care about presents, at this point it's one of my favorite things about Christmas after the food and getting shit faced with my family whilst playing Besserwisser. I always get the good presents on my birthday, which is in the same month, so don't really give a shit about that part to be honest.

mechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I got my sister a necklace with "I love you more" engraved on it. I hate that phrase, but she uses it. Might as well be snarky and generous at the same time.
I got my mom some old video games from her past on her Wii: Bubble Bobble and BurgerTime. She plays A LOT of Bubble Bobble.
I'm getting my dad some Magic the Gathering games on Steam, since I just helped him install it and he loves Magic.
One friend got some money towards Borderlands the Pre-Sequel (I helped him preorder it) and The Binding of Issac: Rebirth.
Other friend got Divine Cybermancy, Omerta, Deus Ex: HR and Dungeon of the Endless on Steam. He likes rogue-likes, steampunk and killing KKK.
I gave the gift of video games this year.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Corevi

I got my mum a bunch of Guardians of the Galaxy merch since she really really likes it and a Google Play giftcard for her tablet.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Dad got the Bruce Springsteen Album Collection, Volume 1. Mom got an Amazon gift card and a Washington Nationals charm for her Pandora bracelet. Low key Christmas.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got my sibling Homage to Catalonia, Machiavelli's The Prince, and The Mass Psychology of Fascism. I'm only now realizing maybe other families don't do this.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the wife an HP Stream 13. It's a pretty amazing piece of hardware for the price.

hippocrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My wife's cousin really only wanted gift cards and I was his secret Santa. I bought a super pink baby doll and taped the gift card inside the back of the dress. We all laughed at him as he spent about 10 minutes searching, thinking the hard square on the doll's back was a battery pack.

My nephew just wanted cash. I took the biggest amazon box I had, taped an envelope with cash under the bottom flap, filled the box with plastic bags, and wrapped it all pretty. We all laughed at him for like 15 minutes while he searched EVERY BAG for the cash.

Merry Christmas!

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Spoonman671

I got my father a CB radio because he's a crazy person, and a wall mount for his new TV.

I got my mother a blu-ray player to replace her broken DVD player, and a copy of The World of Ice and Fire so I would no longer have to explain things to her (fat chance).

My youngest nephew (15 months) got a Radio Flyer.

My sister finally gave the ok for me to start getting her kids (3 & 4) video games, so they got a stack of Wii games (the system she had since before they were born) and some stuffed animals. The games include two Sesame Street games, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Cars 2, Toy Story 3, and New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gave nothing... Cause I'm broke, and kinda useless. But I've been giving away chantrelles, lepiota rachodes, blewitts, and honey mushrooms for that past 2 months, so that's something

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ripelivejam

one friend - walking dead compendiums 1 and 2, went half in on a soundbar for his TV

other friend: kingdom hears 2.5 and sims 4

work white elephant: nerf gun (my worksplace is becoming a bit dangerous lately...)

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Got my fiancee a coffee maker and some comics. My siblings and I made a couple of photo albums for my mom and dad and we wrote some personalized messages in there. Made my mom cry in less than 5 seconds, which was more or less what was expected.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Kinda too much to list, but the most notable being

Mom - Ipad Mini, Keureg

Dad - Ipad Mini, Monitor

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My husband and I bought each other an XBox One on Black Friday. Or I approved his purchase and we both will use it. ;D

I got my mom and dad keurig cups for their coffee maker and gift cards to go out to dinner.

Niece - gift cards, Starry Night Socks, Cat mittens (the mitten part pulls down for texting)

Cousin - Lego set, bottle rocket kit

Brothers and Aunt - home made candy n' stuff (rocky road bark, peppermint bark, sweet + spicy mixed nuts, Hawaiian trail mix, chocolate dipped pretzels - coconut/peppermint/plain, chocolate dipped citrus biscotti, white chocolate dipped peppermint sticks) I also supplemented the food with bags of coffee, some fancy jams and fancy crackers to eat with the fancy jams, dark chocolate peanut butter cups

Brothers GF - gift card

Brothers GF daughter - Doctor Who Encyclopedia

In Laws - Expendables 1 and 2 blurays (they watched 3 without seeing 1 and 2, we wanted them to experience the rich overarching story...)

Brother in law - year of PS+ and a 32 gig card for his Vita (he just bought one)

Secret Santa for work - keurig cups (we have a machine at work) Christmas candy, Christmas mug for coffee

My husband kept saying he didn't want anything. I tried to find him a Captain Falcon Amiibo but no dice. He gave me a very pretty snowflake necklace. He still is adamant that he didn't want anything and that the Xbox was his gift, though.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Brendan

A giant bottle of maple syrup from a farm.

Tickets to Shen Yun.

Popcorn maker.

Cellphone.

Manipedi.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I gave my parents money, that's what they asked for. I got my brother a new mouse and the Mega Man Zero collection, also what he asked for.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dixavd

I also enjoy giving presents much more than receiving them. This is the first year at University, so while money is tight I budgeted to try and get gifts my close family will love. I also had a strict budget and tried to evenly spread it. Along with them I gave them a personal Christmas card each (card designs that I made).

• Mum: Two CD collections:
    Nothing Has Changed (3CD) by David Bowie - I know she likes Bowie, but I know she's missing a lot of his past work, so I got this to fill in the gaps.
    The Collection Box (6CD) by Kings of Leon - I know she likes KoL but she's never bought any of their music so I thought I'd get her started.
  • Sister: Animal Crossing New Leaf - I got my sister a 3DS last year with A Link Between Worlds and I know she liked the previous Animal Crossing DS game.
  • Dad: A Play Arts figure of Yuffie Kisaragi from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children series - My Dad collects figures of Anime characters (mostly women). Some he collects for the character from a game he likes, and some for the figure quality. He's played FFVII so he'll recognise the character (thought probably not the Advent Children design) and I thought the figure was great.
  • Sister's Boyfriend: - Maze Runner (book) - I struggled finding a present for him (haven't got used to his tastes yet) so this was one my Mum bought and let me give to him.
  • Sister and her boyfriend: - Kingdom Hearts Strap chain tiny figures: "Shadow Heartless" for her, and "Dusk Nobody" for him. - I think they make a cute pair for the two of them, and I know they both like Kingdom Hearts a lot.

I'll slot in pictures of the figures for my Dad, Sister and her Boyfriend.

"Yuffie Kisaragi" figure for my Dad
"Shadow Heartless" for my Sister
"Dusk Nobody" for my Sister's Boyfriend

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By fattony12000

For my partner:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

My family picks names so that people don't have to buy a ton of gifts. But, we all get little things for each other.

- Sister: Two LinkS 3ft 4-in-1 USB Charger Cable Designed for All iPhones, iPods, iPads, samsung Androids, will charge nearly any personal electronics. (One for her and 'one for work'. She works at a hospital where people always need to charge their phones in the emergency room). A Devil Dog (chocolate cake and cream...yeah one of those.)

- Brother-in-law: Spyder Jacket (he is the manager for contractors of other subcontractors, so when he is in the field this jacket is warm and washable.) A Home Depot gift card was also added. I gave him various stocking stuffers too with fun toys...and a Devil Dog. [His dad is real sick and he was having a very bad week...I hope I gave him a bit of joy.]

- Nephew: PSN subscription and PSNStore credit. Various little toys. And...a Devil Dog.

- Niece: A HP Chromebook 14. The most powerful nicest, lightest, and longest battery life Chromebook. A subscrioption to Glossybox (monthly box of various cosmetics), a few toys, and..a Devil Dog.

-Mother & Father: A new HP desktop computer...and a Devil Dog for each of them.

- Cousin's Son [age 16]: A CanaKit Raspberry Pi B+ Ultimate Starter Kit and a Raspberry Pi User Guide.
- Cousin's Son [age 13]: Dromida Kodo UAV Quadcopter RTF with Camera
- Cousin & Wife: each an Amazon $50 gift card
- Other Younger Cousin: an Amazon $50 gift card
- Uncle (father of cousin's above) : an Amazon $50 gift card

- Yankee Swap gift for work: One of those crazy "Franklin Mint" collectible plates with a shih tzu's face painted on it.