• 85 results
#1 Posted by DriveupLife (1147 posts) -

#2 Posted by BraveToaster (12636 posts) -

It had its interesting moments, but I lost interest after a while.

#3 Posted by Animasta (14820 posts) -

better than the first two. No Will was a bummer, and there were some stinkers, but good overall.

#4 Edited by RE_Player1 (7946 posts) -

@BraveToaster said:

It had its interesting moments, but I lost interest after a while.

Same. Looking back Tested really did have some of the best segments in the Whiskey days. It just felt like another live stream but a little longer and some extra people.

#5 Posted by laserbolts (5445 posts) -

It was ok. The part with the dude drawing and getting cut off early was hilarious. Patrick spooky bit was boring. Jeff was his usual awesome self. Scrub league was ok but I didn't know any of the participants. John Drake was a douche in the snake pit but I'm guessing that is from lack of sleep. Brad stole the show with the Breaking Brad parts.

#6 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1748 posts) -

I loved it! I mean, did you see the ending?!?! #teambrad

#7 Posted by Demoskinos (16315 posts) -

I lost interest in some parts and actually full on fell asleep during the starcraft segment (no joke) BUT it was a fun event overall and the ending with Brad couldn't have ended in a better note.

#8 Posted by Video_Game_King (36566 posts) -

Not as good as last year. I don't want to call it bad (I really don't want to be that guy), but I found myself falling asleep quite a bit during the show.

#9 Posted by planetary (377 posts) -

I've never liked them, and I'm not sure why they do them. To pump up memberships? An excuse to have people over for drinks? Sure, ok. I don't think it's worth the stress it apparently gives Vinny, though.

But #teambrad at the end was spectacular. That... yes.

#10 Posted by me3639 (2004 posts) -

I only caught Patrick playing through some games and to me that was awesome.

#11 Posted by LikeaSsur (1678 posts) -

As a whole, it was splendid. The Comic Vine segments, to me, were pretty dull, but Patrick's scary games, the Scrub League Tournament, Breaking Brad (Namely the ones before the end) and even the nugget challenge were all fun. And of course, the end of the day was the greatest way to end it.

On the contrary, this was my first BLLSL, so I may be looking at it too fondly, but I had fun, it was a great way to spend a Friday.

#12 Posted by Dragon_Fire (375 posts) -

Sadly I didn't get to watch it my Horrible internet crumbles and gradualy gets worse as I watch any Live Stream (Basically, at first I can watch in 720p, then it gets choppy, then 480p etc. Until I just have to turn off the stream.)

I guess I will say once I get to watch the Archived version.

#13 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4313 posts) -

Oh Patrick played scary games?  Damn, I want to see that.  I should watch the archive soon.

#14 Edited by ShaggE (7161 posts) -

It was entertaining enough to keep me watching the whole thing (minus a break for food), but it felt slightly slapped together. Especially the Patrick feature, which took two great little horror games (both made by fellow duders, no less) that need the exposure and made them look kind of terrible. Still, the show was worth the wait, and I look forward to all of the new features.

And then Brad, ever the quiet and crafty one, waltzed up and redefined victory, singlehandedly making this my favorite BLLSL.

#15 Posted by Jams (3043 posts) -

Hey guys, remember when there would be a bloc party after the show? I missed this one almost completely which I hate. I did catch most of the last breaking brad. Where there other ones that I missed?

#16 Posted by Vampir (147 posts) -

It seems like they hyped it a lot more the past two times. I check the site more or less daily and somehow missed that Friday was when it was happening.

#17 Posted by Milkman (17900 posts) -

Best one yet by far.

#18 Posted by Patman99 (1635 posts) -

TEAM BRAD

enough said.

#19 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6805 posts) -

Best one yet in my opinion. Brad finally triumphing is up there as one of my favorite internet moments ever. I barely got up during the whole thing (which I'm kind of ashamed of, honestly) whereas I got up and took breaks from the BLLSLs of the past.

#20 Edited by PrivateIronTFU (3858 posts) -

That was today? Dukes!

#21 Posted by tyxja (297 posts) -

Saw all 9 hours of it. All in all? It was "aiight, yo."

I guess what I really want out of it is even more craziness. Just, off the cuff bullshit.

#22 Edited by Bocam (3992 posts) -

BouBou or however the fuck you spell his name was great.

#23 Posted by SargeGulp (244 posts) -

@Bocam: What a handsome man!

#24 Posted by wefwefasdf (6730 posts) -

I'm watch it right now. It is awesome so far!

#25 Edited by TruthTellah (9635 posts) -

Dave's awesome feed, Big BouBou, Vinny's video chicanery, chat, John Drake, and Alexis looking like he was going to die made it pretty good.

Then #TEAMBRAD made it amazing.

#26 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4995 posts) -

No goddamn idea as they continue to hold it on Fridays when everyone is at school and working.

#27 Posted by SargeGulp (244 posts) -

@SJSchmidt93: It's archived?

#28 Posted by Marz (5721 posts) -

To be honest I only enjoyed the Chicken Nugget segments and the Breaking Brad moment at the end.

#29 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2353 posts) -

No Will Smith

No Live Alex

No Rorie

Take that as you will

#30 Posted by BeachThunder (13146 posts) -

It was good enough.

Also, I don't think "Just OK" really warrants an exclamation mark...

#31 Posted by Animasta (14820 posts) -

@SargeGulp said:

@Bocam: What a handsome man!

so hot

#32 Posted by Milkman (17900 posts) -

@SJSchmidt93 said:

No goddamn idea as they continue to hold it on Fridays when everyone is at school and working.

As opposed to what?

#33 Posted by JackSukeru (6105 posts) -

I only saw half of it before going to bed, I'll catch the rest later.

#34 Posted by devilzrule27 (1241 posts) -

@Milkman said:

@SJSchmidt93 said:

As opposed to what?

Clearly he's suggesting they hold it on the weekend, never mind the fact that they too would probably like the weekend off.

Anywho the show itself was ok. The post show breaking brad was fantastic.

#35 Posted by jonnyboy (2867 posts) -

Best one by a long goddamned way.

#36 Posted by Omnomnivore (2940 posts) -

It was great. I kept coming back to it during the day to see what shenanigans they were up to and was pleased.

#37 Posted by SargeGulp (244 posts) -

Pretty sure any naysayers are in the minority though no? Huge amount of Subs begotten according to the Live Stream "Ticker".

It did feel remarkably small to me.. Still, bastard John Drake beating down an impossibly always upbeat Brad Muir, Alexis saying fuck off to diabetes, Dave+Kilt+Awesome Russian guy who claimed something about "Death Cargo" and "future". I also counted at least 3 attractive women maybe 4.. which is up from last year I believe. Awkward Comic Vine but this year it was awkward and low rent.. on top of all that bows and arrows. So pretty good in my opinion.

Course Brad topped it all off, what a glorious fuckin moment.

#38 Posted by DrPockets000 (2875 posts) -

How the hell did I miss this?

#39 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -

@Milkman said:

@SJSchmidt93 said:

As opposed to what?

As opposed to a day when more people would be able to watch it because no work/school to get in the way, I would presume.

By the time I got out of work, it was already more than half over. But then again, I'm kind of used to it, seeing as most of their live content is not conducive to viewing if you half a full-time job and live in the Pacific time zone.

#40 Posted by Milkman (17900 posts) -

@Hailinel: @devilzrule27: It's their job. It's obviously going to be during work hours. Most people are not going to come into work for an extra eight hours on the weekend.

#41 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1154 posts) -

It think it was great personally but I kinda miss Will making a fool of himself. Also I really did not like that dude who Sara interviewed that wrote or drew The Flash. Kinda felt sorry for her, he was such an ass.

#42 Edited by Wrighteous86 (3876 posts) -

@SargeGulp said:

Pretty sure any naysayers are in the minority though no? Huge amount of Subs begotten according to the Live Stream "Ticker".

Were there a lot of new subscribers? I thought it only went up like a hundred or two, but I may be mistaken.

@Milkman said:

@Hailinel: @devilzrule27: It's their job. It's obviously going to be during work hours. Most people are not going to come into work for an extra eight hours on the weekend.

Not that I'm complaining, but arguably if they did it on a Saturday they could take a long weekend afterwards and probably get a lot more viewers/subscribers/guests. It's not like Mondays during the summer are exactly busy for them or the game industry as a whole.

#43 Edited by ChrisHarris (267 posts) -

In my opinion...

Pros:

• The new site design is looking good.
  • The Scrub League had some surprisingly exciting matches.
  • Super Time Force seemed genuinely interesting.
  • Max Schaefer's Torchlight 2 Q&A... especially "Q: What's the difference between Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3? A: $40."
  • Patrick's Jurrasic Lark
  • the never-not-smiling Brad Muir
  • Eric Pope and his sweet mutton chops
  • all of the Giant Bomb crew, in general
  • and last, but not least, Breaking Brad leading to the greatest Giant Bomb moment in recent memory

Cons:

• the Fuse infomercial
  • the Playstation All-Stars infomercial
  • the Halo 4 infomercial
  • Patrick's scary games bit turned out to be completely uneventful.
  • pretty much everything Comic Vine related felt forced and out of place
  • John Drake... though he did provide some amusing animated GIF material

Overall, it was a little hit-and-miss... but Brad saved the day. Welcome to the Mile High Club.

#44 Posted by YetiAntics (1520 posts) -

I missed it because of work and a date.

Waiting for the upload on the site.

#45 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2139 posts) -

I thoroughly enjoyed it, but China don't care.

#47 Posted by NapTimeSleeper (342 posts) -

I thought it was as good as the previous 2. There was some fun and interesting segments as well as a few that I found to be a little boring.

#48 Edited by GunstarRed (5820 posts) -

Apart from the wonderful Brad moment near the end I found it to be kinda boring. I watched the first four hours, popping back every so often and just found it to be lacking something... Probably Tested segments. I didn't care for the scary game segments (though I think it is something that could work outside of the live show) I didn't care for any of the Comic Vine stuff which is a shame as I quite like Sara and Tony and I most definitely didn't care for the scrub league. Other than the two or so Gamespot staff who the hell were any of those people and why should I care about watching them play a match of Warlords that lasts about five minutes?

I really enjoyed seeing more of Super Time Force, but the Halo, All stars and Fuse segments were pretty uninteresting.

It needed more Brad Muir and a whole lot less Starcraft.

That teambrad part was easily one of the greatest moments this site has ever produced.

#49 Posted by envane (1188 posts) -

i was pretty disappointed by the end of things , though i could easily listen to dave talk forever , but god damn brad , made the fact i was awake over 24 hours completely worth it , way to turn a frown upside down :)

#50 Posted by Swoxx (3016 posts) -

Worst of the 3, but still pretty damn good. The lack of Tested caused some GB segments to be quite longwinded.