#1 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (763 posts) -

I personally loved the film. I think it is so much better then the first one on so many accounts. I remember walking out of the theaters when Expendables finished and felt a big "meh". The cinematography felt too shaky in the first film and I couldn't really pay attention to the action. In 2 I felt I was able to appreciate every awesome moment. Every fight scene felt epic like action movies from the past. Overall I felt that they truly executed an excellent action movie. More so then they did with the first. What did you guys think of the film?

#2 Posted by Mastercheesey (220 posts) -

It was exactly as I expected, a crazy action movie even though it wasn't that crazy. I wish it had been a little bit more violent. Just shooting guns at people doesn't do it for me I would have preferred more hand to hand combat like in the beginning with Jet Li. Other than that the acting was terrible which you can't blame anybody for and there was a useless romance between Sylvester Stallone and that asian chick. So anyways it was ehhh.

#3 Posted by Dixego (386 posts) -

It had a Chuck Norris fact, I don't know what to think of it. It was fun to watch, I guess?

#4 Posted by zombie2011 (4982 posts) -

Sooo good!! Arnold is my favorite actor, so seeing him back in action just brought a smile to my face the entire movie.

#5 Posted by believer258 (11982 posts) -

I saw "The Raid: Redemption" a few days ago.

Yes, The Expendables was fun to watch, and I'll definitely see the second one, but I don't see how a bunch of old guys shooting guns could really compare to The Raid. That movie kind of spoiled me on action movies in general for a little while.

Didn't Chuck Norris make them push the rating down to PG-13?

#6 Posted by Mastercheesey (220 posts) -

@believer258 said:

Yes, The Expendables was fun to watch, and I'll definitely see the second one, but I don't see how a bunch of old guys shooting guns could really compare to The Raid. That movie kind of spoiled me on action movies in general for a little while.

Yes! Raid was the best action movie I have seen in a while.

#7 Posted by JeanLuc (3590 posts) -

I liked it. It was dumb stupid fun. I got exactly what I paid for.

#8 Posted by d_breeze (223 posts) -

I really enjoyed it, I love kill 'em up action movies so it was a winner for me. I'm a fan of Terry Crews and Jet Li so I had to see both the first and second one.

#9 Posted by Akyho (1677 posts) -

@believer258 said:

It was threatened. However It was still a bloody film.

However the movie opens with the guys in an armoured car convoy as they bust into a stronghold laying waste to everything. Heavy MGs are blasting guys left and right, body parts flying. Its like Expendables 1 and like Rambo 4. There was even heads being blasted off by an anti material sniper rifle.

However after that. It because less. I blame Chuck Norris for that.

Hundreds of guys are shot blood sprayed everywhere. However not body parts, In Expendables 1 the AA12 shotgun scene just blasting guys down the hallway was gruesome.

The AA12 is used and just a 20 holes are made in guys as they are punted away.

The violence was scaled down. However the story was ramped up...after a realy obvious and cheesy start to that story.

I enjoyed it, I enjoy it as much as watching any movies that had those actors in them.

#10 Posted by Crono11 (1650 posts) -

I liked it more then the first one, but I hated every scene with Chuck Norris...