• 70 results
#1 Edited by Sanity (1890 posts) -

So, its Christmas and all is well but sometimes theirs something missing, either you didn't get a gift you wanted or world peace failed to come come for the 10 billionth year you can bitch about it here.

What didn't i get you ask? Well i'v posted about it on here before and im still pissy cus i got a Penguins coat & hat for Christmas, but theirs still no fucking hockey on TV!

Come back goddammit NHL!

Whats missing from your life this fine day?

#2 Posted by theguy (796 posts) -

Wow. Way to be a major downer man.

#3 Edited by SMTDante89 (2540 posts) -

Well I basically got everything I wanted (cash, gift cards) and something I needed (socks)

About the only thing missing is the PlayStation Store isn't working right and it's making purchasing From Ashes for ME3 impossible. I don't need it right now (still getting through ME1, then ME2 after that) but I'd like to go ahead and have it (and Leviathan) downloaded and ready to go once I get to ME3. Not that big a deal, really.

#4 Posted by Sanity (1890 posts) -

@theguy said:

Wow. Way to be a major downer man.

Oh i got all i wanted except this which is out of my control. Just a bummer theirs no winter classic or anything this year. Im happy, but i miss Hockey.

#5 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1526 posts) -

Love

#6 Posted by awesomeusername (4152 posts) -

Nothing. I didn't want anything so yeah.

#7 Posted by medacris (634 posts) -

World peace would be nice eventually. So would everyone being happy, no stress, no anger, no insecurity. I don't know if it's possible, but I can dream.

With tangible things, there was a lot, but I've had a gift card for awhile for Amazon that I might just finally use. I actually looked over my wishlist a bit and narrowed it down by a lot, I got rid of a lot of things that I really don't need or want that badly, and those that I do, I don't need to get immediately. Even if I end up purchasing them two years from now, I don't mind.

#8 Edited by PenguinDust (12436 posts) -

Whenever I hear that question I think of this collection of Facebook responses.

bratty kids

As for me, I'm at the time in my life where any item I want, I can buy for myself sooner or later. I would be embarrassed to receive something really expensive, and would feel obligated to reciprocate at a later date. So, I prefer simple gifts like clothes and gift cards. Whenever someone tries to buy me a video game, I usually have to return it for reasons we're all familiar with. Just because the box art has an iconic character on the cover or the guy at Wal-Mart said "we sell a lot of these" doesn't make it a game worth playing. Maybe that sounds a bit ungrateful, too but realistically, if I am going to invest 10 to 20 hours in something, it should be something I enjoy. Otherwise, it's "work" and I'm not even getting paid for the aggravation.

I didn't get an Iphone either this year. Or a Camero, come to think of it.

#9 Posted by DeadPan (313 posts) -

Decent presents

#10 Posted by Sanity (1890 posts) -

@PenguinDust: Yea, that Facebook page is horrible, my god people are bitchy. Im the same way as far as gifts go, i dont like anything real expensive or flashy because money is tight now days and its hard to accept that type of thing. I tend to buy my own stuff as its just better that way.

#11 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5796 posts) -

I got everything I wanted, can't complain.

#12 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3095 posts) -

Those are some terrible kids.

#13 Edited by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

My chocolate log because my dog knocked it off the table and it was ruined, and it was too late to buy another >_>

#14 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

@PenguinDust said:

bratty kids

As for me, I'm at the time in my life where any item I want, I can buy for myself sooner or later. I would be embarrassed to receive something really expensive, and would feel obligated to reciprocate at a later date. So, I prefer simple gifts like clothes and gift cards. Whenever someone tries to buy me a video game, I usually have to return it for reasons we're all familiar with. Just because the box art has an iconic character on the cover or the guy at Wal-Mart said "we sell a lot of these" doesn't make it a game worth playing. Maybe that sounds a bit ungrateful, too but realistically, if I am going to invest 10 to 20 hours in something, it should be something I enjoy. Otherwise, it's "work" and I'm not even getting paid for the aggravation.

Those kids fucking suck, those are the people who I would love to splash them in my car as I drive by, then reverse and do it again. I hate people who complain about gifts, remember your not entitled to anything, people seem to think that they HAVE to get things they ask for at Christmas. I may be in the minority here, but I think Christmas should not be about gifts, but should be about getting together with your family and eating a big dinner. Gifts ruin Christmas, my sister got a game for christmas and it doesn't work, so she has been a right bitch all day going on and on about it. My parents are being way to soft and telling her they will go out first thing tomorrow and buy another one and a second one to make up for it. Where as they should just give her a good old slap and tell her that some children didn't even get a single present.

#15 Posted by HatKing (5765 posts) -

My mom spent way too much money and got me some insane camera. I definitely didn't ask for it, but no complaints here - I'm already planning the different angles that I can shoot some HD sex tapes in.

#16 Posted by EpicSteve (6470 posts) -

Dignity

#17 Posted by Grillbar (1792 posts) -

i got nothing to complain about got what i wanted, socks some bath towels, a winter hat, and some sheets for my bed.

i would rather buy the expensive stuff myself since i think it to much to ask for.

but to me honest im never exited about the gifts the best part of Christmas this year was watching my 2 y.o nephew open up presents of tractors, cars and what not and having a blast with it.

#18 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

I just want a hug.

#19 Posted by Sanity (1890 posts) -

@jorbear said:

I just want a hug.

*hugs jorbear*

#20 Posted by NiKva (128 posts) -

Every comic in existence, but I guess Santa runs a tight schedule.

At least I got a PS Vita :D

#21 Posted by byterunner (296 posts) -

I wasn't really feeling it on what I wanted this year. So I wasn't really disappointed in what I got. In fact, it was awesome. i got a pretty nice small TV for my dorm. Didn't get a Wii U, but hey, wasn't expecting it anyways. Awesome christmas with the family.

#22 Posted by yoshisaur (2606 posts) -

No...not really. I think my lifestyle is comfortable enough that I get my wife and I things throughout the year that are typically held for Birthdays/Christmas. When it came around to be Christmas I really couldn't think of much so I threw the WiiU out there, or even a computer. However, my wife knew me better and got me a great Turkey Frier and Emson Smoker. I love making fried foods and jerkies (+others) so I'd say that I got even more than what I wanted for Christmas.

#23 Posted by Marz (5641 posts) -

i didn't get the billion dollars i wanted this year.

#24 Posted by Galiant (2175 posts) -

I am not a child.

#25 Posted by JJWeatherman (14553 posts) -

I got last year's model Benz instead of the new one with the leather seats I asked for. Fuck my parents.

#26 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4902 posts) -

@PenguinDust said:

bratty kids

Wow! Fuck these people, seriously. Just take them to the Murder Slingshot. My favorite is probably this:

Was i the only person who didn't get an ipad? i mean i got a car but thats a different story all together :/

Oh wait, this is my new favorite one:

My parents are the worst mother Fucking parents in the world fuck you mom and dad for not getting me a Iphone. FUCK YOU. FML.

#27 Posted by SSully (4117 posts) -

@PenguinDust: That's twitter but holy shit is that horrible. I think one christmas I didn't get what I wanted. I was dissapointed at first, but didn't even think the shit these kids said about their parents. damn.

#28 Posted by tunaburn (1879 posts) -

I didnt get anything. Christmas blows as an adult.

#29 Posted by MikkaQ (10261 posts) -

My parents didn't get me any fucking underwear and now I hate them forever. Ugh. Assholes. All the other kids are getting rad undergarments.

#30 Posted by HerbieBug (4189 posts) -

pony.

#31 Posted by pyromagnestir (4194 posts) -

A stripper. Just like every Christmas.

#32 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

I got everything I wanted for Christmas - nothing. Also, If someone can gather some images of self entitled teens bitching on facebook, that'd be awesome.

#33 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -
#34 Edited by HerbieBug (4189 posts) -

No pony. Why no pony!? I am PISSED about the lack of pony in this year and all previous years. All I have ever wanted is a triple crown winning thoroughbred filly. Is that so hard? God! D:

@Rattle618: you should. game is bestest evers. EVERS!

#35 Posted by Subjugation (4714 posts) -

Just be grateful for what you get. I mean, gifts aren't even the point of the holiday anyway.

Some people ...

#36 Edited by Sanity (1890 posts) -

@Subjugation said:

Just be grateful for what you get. I mean, gifts aren't even the point of the holiday anyway.

Some people ...

Yep, agreed, i mainly made this post to bitch about there still being no hockey season.

#37 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1796 posts) -

@PenguinDust said:

bratty kids

i hate people

#38 Posted by Fistoh (119 posts) -

Fucking parents didn't get me a map of Maryland. I HATE YOU MOM. 
But seriously, I got a Vita with the P4 Remake, without realizing that the fucking wi-fi model didn't come with a memory card, which I find to be total bullshit, by the way, but watevah, I got a card coming in the mail now, so it's all gud :D. 

#39 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i wanted these cups that i had. my mom got rid of these good cups that i got. i wanted the cups again but i didn't get them.

we have these small glasses for some reason. they're so small that a can of soda doesn't fit in with ice in it.

#40 Posted by Trainer_Red (314 posts) -

@NiKva said:

Every comic in existence, but I guess Santa runs a tight schedule.

At least I got a PS Vita :D

Have you seen the ear bud on these things? They are AMAZING.

I also received a PS Vita for Christmas, but I gave it to my little brother because I don't really need it or plan on using it however the ear phones they came with are amazing. Better than my $200 pair and they are only $19.

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE. Invest in Vita Ear Buds. They will change your life.

#41 Posted by MorkaiTheWolf (185 posts) -

Didn't get the video card I ordered. (Being older means nobody gets me gifts anymore so I mostly get cash/tend to buy my own gifts) I did get to surprise my parents though with a new 50" LCD TV. =D

#42 Posted by Skyfire543 (648 posts) -

Got that arcade stick I wanted and Persona 4 Arena. Gonna be a fun holiday.

#43 Posted by Mercer (202 posts) -

My two front teeth, my two front teeth, geez if i could only have my two front teeth then I could wish you Merry Christmas

#44 Posted by JackSukeru (5897 posts) -

The person I got a present for seemed to like it so I got everything I wanted.

I also got 2 pretty nice shirts.

#45 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2283 posts) -

... Diden't?

#46 Posted by CaptainCody (1505 posts) -

I had to give my mom 100 bucks to help pay the mortgage. So yeah, Merry Christmas.

#47 Posted by Sanity (1890 posts) -

@Turtlebird95 said:

... Diden't?

Because grammar matters on the internet.

#48 Posted by Toxin066 (3250 posts) -

A girlfriend.

#49 Posted by Turambar (6634 posts) -

My family haven't done the whole Christmas gift giving thing in a long time.

#50 Posted by Turambar (6634 posts) -

@dudy80 said:

@Turtlebird95 said:

... Diden't?

Because grammar matters on the internet.

Spelling isn't grammar. Just sayin'.