• 139 results
#1 Posted by wwfundertaker (1404 posts) -

Just curious to know what you guys think of the beautiful game.

#2 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

boring.  Actually I would kinda put all sports into that category.  Not just soccer.

#3 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

Fucking horrible. 

#4 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

boring.

#5 Posted by JazzyJeff (400 posts) -

If I wanted to watch grown men kick a ball around, I'd go to my grandma's retirement home.

I'm kidding. I don't have an opinion.

#6 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

I would rather watch football.

#7 Posted by TurboMan (7560 posts) -

I don't watch it much, but when the World Cup rolls around, I'm fucking addicted

#8 Edited by Teptom (2047 posts) -

It was fun when I played it. I tried really hard to watch it be played and enjoy it, but I just couldn't. Overall, I really do like the game most of the time.

#9 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

I like playing it and I only watch the Euro Cup and World Cup, otherwise I don't care 

Also, I'm actually swedish so I don't think I should be responding but here I am

#10 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Love soccer just as much as I do baseball and american football.  

Sounders FC Logo

Freddie Ljungberg

Emerald City Supporters
#11 Posted by MikkaQ (10294 posts) -

Fun to watch, fun to play, and probably one of the cheapest and easiest sports to organize in a pinch. There's a reason it's the most popular sport around. 

#12 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1735 posts) -

I'd understand if they're not into it, since all their players are rubbish.

#13 Posted by wwfundertaker (1404 posts) -

A lot of negative opinions here.

#14 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

Kinda boring...

=/

There are definitely plenty of Americans that are into it, though.

#15 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -
@AgentJ: Wow, i always wondered what on earth happened to Ljundberg. Never imagined he would go off and play in the MLS!
#16 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -

Most think it's too boring. I love it though, but it's hard as hell to watch good soccer here. We'll get the occasional game from champion's league. The only time I really get to watch is Euro 2008 or the World Cup.

#17 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@babblinmule said:
" @AgentJ: Wow, i always wondered what on earth happened to Ljundberg. Never imagined he would go off and play in the MLS! "
Yeah, we love him in Seattle though. He's playing in front of by far the largest soccer crowd in North America. This year they'll be averaging around 40,000 according to the MLS commissioner. 
#18 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

I think it's kind of boring because the cameras can be so far back, and most of the time it's just a lot of running down the field.  Hockey is fun to watch because it's tight and closed in, so there's a lot of fighting for the puck. 

#19 Posted by Brians (1464 posts) -

even being paid I would have no interest in it.

#20 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1789 posts) -

I love it. It sucks to be a fan in the U.S. because our teams are rubbish and we don't see much European football coverage. I end up having to watch games in Spanish or watching it over the internet.

#21 Posted by TwoLines (2813 posts) -

For me all sports are boring.

#22 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@DOUBLESHOCK said:
" I think it's kind of boring because the cameras can be so far back, and most of the time it's just a lot of running down the field.  Hockey is fun to watch because it's tight and closed in, so there's a lot of fighting for the puck.  "
I dislike Hockey because it's so chaotic, and many of the goals I've seen have come down to the goalie making a big mistake or an incidental deflection.
#23 Posted by Brians (1464 posts) -

my opinion on soccer is the same for every other sport with the exception of curling, screw the Olympics the world deserves a major curling league, like the ones for baseball, soccer, and football.

#24 Posted by AjayRaz (12431 posts) -

i love it. while i don't really follow it, it's great to watch 

#25 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

I think its boring but I'm not interested in sports so my opinion doesn't count.

#26 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3501 posts) -

Not as easy as it looks. My parents made me play when I was a kid, so now I hate it. Actually, they made me play several sports, so I hate most sports now.

#27 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -

Like all sports, it's dumb, boring, pretentious and would probably be done better by a dog.

#28 Posted by JP_Russell (1171 posts) -

I dislike sports in general, but I find it more boring to watch than most other sports. 

The only sport-esque thing I consistently have enjoyed watching when I've been in the mood is Ninja Warrior.  :P  Genuine obstacle course stuff that only the elite of the elite can get through is always fun.
#29 Posted by Bones8677 (3248 posts) -

Boring to watch, why do you think people always throw riots? For entertainment!

#30 Edited by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -

I watch it exclusively during the World Cup, but I hate how players exploit penalty shots with over-exaggerated injuries. Biggest problem with the game, that and the crowd it draws which are the most juvenile of any sport.

#31 Edited by Wolverine (4281 posts) -

I like soccer but majority of Americans think it is boring. The world cup is probably one of the best sporting events though. I just wish my country of origin made it this year!

#32 Posted by pause422 (6190 posts) -

I don't have any interest in it, but then again I don't care for any sport really. I think soccer to me more so seems like a sport for women, though.

#33 Posted by Adziboy (702 posts) -
@VilhelmNielsen said:
"I'd understand if they're not into it, since all their players are rubbish. "

Except a few keepers and Donovan. Don't think I can even name any more than that.
#34 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6301 posts) -

Not a fan, but I don't follow sports in general, since I'm a nerd and all. 

#35 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@Adziboy said:
" @VilhelmNielsen said:
"I'd understand if they're not into it, since all their players are rubbish. "
Except a few keepers and Donovan. Don't think I can even name any more than that. "
Freddie Ljungberg? Kasey Keller? Juan Pablo Angel? David Beckham? Blanco?(I hate that guy SOO much) You've heard of at least one of those.
#36 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

Boring as hell. Nothing goes on and a 0-0 game is a common thing. 

I have no idea why anyone thinks its fun to watch

#37 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -

Not a big fan of watching sports.  The only thing I will watch is the super bowl.  Although I prefer to play American Football over other sports.  Soccer is pretty fun sport to play as well.

#38 Posted by copycatzen (816 posts) -

They dont like it cause mexico always kicks their asses
#39 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -

as a Canadian...no thank you

#40 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

As a Canadian, i think it's boring as hell.

I'd rather me some good old Hockey.

#41 Posted by JohnRehill (220 posts) -

It's okay.

#42 Posted by Warfare (1635 posts) -

Love it.

#43 Posted by V (328 posts) -

once the Portland Timbers become an FC, I am most likely dropping american football for soccer

#44 Posted by Laharl (350 posts) -

Its weird, from my experiences everyone grew up playing soccer as a kid from school and from just being bored and having a ball and a field to kick it around but as we grew up the interest for it fell and everyone stopped playing. I think its mainly cause theres nowhere to really watch soccer, at least its much harder than say basketball or football which are the 2 big sports everyone seems to get into.

#45 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -

Love it. Then again, I live in Washington and we love our Sounders.

#46 Posted by animateria (3253 posts) -

I watch it BUT I'm also Korean so that skews the bar a bit.

#47 Posted by Skytylz (4033 posts) -

Boring

#48 Posted by Skytylz (4033 posts) -
@VilhelmNielsen said:
" I'd understand if they're not into it, since all their players are rubbish. "
They're "rubbish" because our best athletes, for the most part, never play soccer.
#49 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

i'm from england but i like to think that because it doesn't get coverage at the highest level, they don't get to see it at it's best. 

that's just theory of course i have no idea, it's just the criticism is always 'it's so boring', when the rest of the world follows it with so much passion and finds it to be so much more exciting than all the american sports. i watched the super bowl and it was good fun, i'd say the nfl is good, but the others are pretty boring to the rest of the world.

i've met american's who are just as passionate though, so maybe you have to catch the bug. you guys should pick a team for the world cup and follow them through it. one of the things your lot's sports miss out on is the patriotism; playing other countries. 

#50 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

its really boring.. i dont see how its this popular and heck playing it is zero fun too. now real football, hockey, and baseball is where its at.