What do like more? The excitemeant before an expected package arrives or the satisfaction after you have said package at hand.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mordukai

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mordukai

So the parts I ordered for my gaming pc rig are on their way and I am extremely excited for it. Everyday when I check the tracker and I see them the packages getting closer and closer the butterflies feelings in my stomach gets bigger and bigger. Well that got me thinking (surprise I know) that I enjoy the feeling of excitement more then the feeling you get after I get the packages.

I do enjoy the satisfaction getting the packages and opening them and having the awesome feel of having said items at hand.

where do you stand?

Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I like both, but I love the thrill of waiting for something to arrive in the post. It's turned into a bad habit though, where I end up buying loads of stuff just so I can eagerly wait.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MikeGosot

Satisfaction. I'll never forget the day i got Catherine - Love Is Over Edition.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Option C: Using said package. Strangely, a lot of people tend to forego that option.

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By crazyleaves

Since I've had a couple of deliveries be late by 2-6 weeks it's satisfaction all the way. It's not worth the anxiety.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Grillbar

i hate waiting for a package, i work the night shift which means that i sleep during the day. the package comes at some point during the day if i have to work that day im not getting it right away if im not ill have to stay awake untill it finaly comes. if im not home to take it i have to stay awake untill the post office is open walk the 4km (2.5 miles) wait in line to finaly get my package and then walk all the way back and go to sleep. so its all a big bother.

but i will say when i ordered all the parts for my diy gaming rig i was so gitty right up to the day i got it all and even more when i was unpacking everything and putting it all together

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By crusader8463

It always feels best when I have my package in my hands.

Seriously though, it's all about getting it open and using whatever is in side. I hate the wait. Though in the case of when I just recently bought the Wii and all those games neither of them were really a factor because I only bought them because they were cheap and I had the money at that time. I knew I wouldn't get around to actually using them for some time. Though even in that situation it was when they had arrived because I knew that they had finally come and that they didn't get lost in the mail or destroyed.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Dagbiker

I like it the few seconds the two intersect, the twilight between running to the mail box and checking to opening the package in a furry of rampant excitement.

jelekeloy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By jelekeloy

I get too caught up in the excitement and am usually disappointed by the outcome. I should work on that.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@Dagbiker said:

I like it the few seconds the two intersect, the twilight between running to the mail box and checking to opening the package in a furry of rampant excitement.

Yes. The climax.

eugenesaxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By eugenesaxe

"It's not the kill

It's the thrill of the chase."

-Deep Purple, though I highly doubt it's an original quote.

It's also bullsh!t. Until the package is in your hands, it doesn't exist. And it's pretty tough getting excited over something that doesn't exist.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dany

I only get excited when I am satisfied.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By N7

That minute before and after you realize Amazon just shipped a package to the wrong location.

The heartbreak when you realize you are a failure. The realization that suicide is the only way out.

And most importantly, the eternal blackness that death brings.

Which happens every time I buy something online. Every goddamn time they send it somewhere else.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dany

@N7: I had that going for like a month from Amazon, it was UPS problem but AAARGGHHH, seeing a packaged was delivered and it was not on my doorstep is the worst feeling

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BraveToaster

The wait can be torture.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Jeust

@MikeGosot said:

Satisfaction. I'll never forget the day i got Catherine - Love Is Over Edition.

I hope i find it in two months... :P

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By N7
@Dany said:

@N7: I had that going for like a month from Amazon, it was UPS problem but AAARGGHHH, seeing a packaged was delivered and it was not on my doorstep is the worst feeling

Yep. UPS. Every time.

Amazon, thankfully, has excellent customer service. Pretty sure one lady was hitting on me, but they were all very nice.

They were even nice enough to correct the issue with Mass Effect 3, Mass Effectively changing the receiving date like five days after release. After a fit of world-destructive rage, I canceled the pre-order and re-ordered it, with release-date guarantee!
MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MikeGosot
@BraveToaster said:

The wait can be torture.

Well, some people are into that kind of thing.
probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By probablytuna

I like the satisfaction because there's always a certain doubt that the delivery may never arrive. I hate that feeling.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ShaggE

I think I may actually be addicted to the excitement. I've got a mouse and two pairs of headphones coming from Amazon, as well as a game from GameFly, and I *love* knowing that stuff is coming, even though I get really impatient.

But nothing beats opening the door/mailbox and seeing that orange-bordered envelope or brown box.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By BoG

Seeing that package in the mailbox or on the door step is the most satisfying thing in the world.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By PixelPrinny

I wouldn't call it excitement so much as anxiety... The parcel deliverers around here can be really lazy sometimes and won't even ring the doorbell before leaving a note to tell us to come pick it up at their depot on the other side of town the next day after noon. So I'm constantly looking outside to make sure I catch them before they just leave the note and run.

So yeah, having the actual package >>> the wait.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

Satisfaction. I've had at least half a dozen packages go missing over the years, including Guitar Hero peripherals and Bioshock Collector's Edition.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By McGhee

I hate waiting for packages and I hate my obsession with checking the Amazon tracking three times a day.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By Dalai

I demand satisfaction! For example, I pre-ordered Xenoblade Chronicles a while back and I'm not at all excited about waiting until April.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Masha2932

The excitement. This is because I already know what I'm buying and getting it is not a surprise. On the other hand if it is an unexpected gift then I prefer the satisfaction of opening it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#28  Edited By musubi

I don't have excitement with packages I have absolute dread. I'm a pessimist by nature so of course I jump to every worst conclusion that the package was lost.....damaged or stolen by jet pack wearing ninjas. Finally getting a package is like sweet relief for my OCD.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cstrang

I fucking HATE waiting.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By _Zombie_

Satisfaction. Waiting on the delivery is frustrating as hell(especially with E-Bay).

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By monetarydread

@eugenesaxe said:

"It's not the kill

It's also bullsh!t. Until the package is in your hands, it doesn't exist. And it's pretty tough getting excited over something that doesn't exist.

That is exactly how I feel on the subject. I just recently purchased a PC online and everything showed up the next day, except for my motherboard. That was shipped from California for some reason (I live in northern British Columbia), and I had to wait an extra five days to use the pile of parts that was just sitting there.

Waiting sucks.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32  Edited By crusader8463

@MonetaryDread said:

@eugenesaxe said:

"It's not the kill

That is exactly how I feel on the subject. I just recently purchased a PC online and everything showed up the next day, except for my motherboard. That was shipped from California for some reason (I live in northern British Columbia), and I had to wait an extra five days to use the pile of parts that was just sitting there.

Waiting sucks.

Some day in the near future, maybe, possibly, if I'm lucky, I will be in a position to buy and build my first PC from the ground up and that exact situation is what I'm dreading. Would drive me insane knowing I had all the parts but one crucial part missing.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By beforet

All I'm going to say is that, whenever I receive a package, I secretly hope it's filled with toys. I am always disappointed when it's clothes, even when I'm the one who ordered them.

Papa_XIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Papa_XIV

I like both but i would have to say excitement

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#35  Edited By TheHT

Satisfaction! Waiting for delivery can be stressful, what with all the potential for muck-ups.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MikkaQ

Nope, it's after that for me. When the package is opened, and I'm poring over it's contents and starting to use it, that's when I get the most excited.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By BaneFireLord

The exact moment when you're unwrapping/cutting open a box. Best combination of both.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ghostiet

Having the package. I hate waiting, especially since a lot of the packages I was waiting for got delayed or something.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By Brendan

I love it when I see the package on my kitchen table, knowing what is inside. Whiskey Media t-shirts, games, books, whatever. It's party time!