What do you do if you stop listening to your favourite podcast for awhile?

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Omega

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Omega

The reason I ask is that I spent the whole summer neglecting to listen to the Adam Carolla Show. I spent the last few weeks listening to around 50 episodes to get back up to speed. It occurred to me that there are likely some people who aren't insane and probably just pick up from the most recent episode on.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Aronman789

Pick up where I left, or in some cases, listen to it from the start all over again.

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#4  Edited By DonutFever

Listen to most recent, and listen to episodes where mimes came from.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By BisonHero

I listen to the most recent one, but also get all the ones I missed, and slowly listen to them when I don't have better things to listen to. So a combination of the 2 choices you gave.

efman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By efman

If this were to happen, I would certainly fill my backlog, when I'm not being filled in on what's in the moment, listening to podcasts that talk about stuff that are up to date. The days where no particular podcast of note comes out, some of which to which I subscribe, I devote to things I've missed out on.
Beanpants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Beanpants

It depends on the subject matter. If it's a podcast that deals in date sensitive material, I just pick up with the latest podcast. If it's more anecdote heavy or editorial based, I'll go through the backlog.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Vonocourt

@BisonHero said:

I listen to the most recent one, but also get all the ones I missed, and slowly listen to them when I don't have better things to listen to. So a combination of the 2 choices you gave.

This.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TomA

I usually just listen to the latest episode. Sometimes I go back to where I left off but I not very often.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By swoxx

I'll work my way up. I can get through a couple of hour plus podcasts a day so.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SlightConfuse

listin to the most recent then go through the back log when you have the time. I did not listin to most of the MBMBaM episooes this summer and catching up on them provided good backgorund noise for work

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By James_ex_machina

My weekly podcast list used to be Bombcast, CAGcast, Joystiq, IGN Beyond, GameScoop, We're Alive the Zombie podcast, ESPN Around the Horn, The Onion, Shockwaves Skullsessions, and the Rock n Roll Geek Show. My primary listening time was in the car to and from work. When my iPod would no longer play through the stereo I fell behind by months. I tried listening at work but I'm always involved in a discussion of some sort. I have recently started catching up on the Bombcast and CAGcast and a few others. Some I have dropped unitl the car stereo situation is resolved and will skip those missed episodes. Joystiq....well it sucks now so that free up time for more Bombcasts!

Simply I'll listen to the ones I missed for my favs and the others I'll skip.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By crusader8463

Start where I left off unless it's been years.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I don't listen to podcasts though!

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By sagesebas

I only listen to the bombcast and comedy bang bang I came to both late I have listened to most of the episodes for each I didn't do it in order though

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Three0neFive

Wait until I can do some nice, long, mindless gaming and marathon that shit. There's nothing better than hunkering down with a sandbox game and listening to a fuckton of Bombcast/Rebel FM/Debriefings.

bombHills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bombHills

I start with the newest, then if I have time, work backwards.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShaggE

@Three0neFive said:

Wait until I can do some nice, long, mindless gaming and marathon that shit. There's nothing better than hunkering down with a sandbox game and listening to a fuckton of Bombcast/Rebel FM/Debriefings.

YES. I'm picking out a game right now to play with tonight's Bombcast. I made the mistake of playing DoomRL this morning to the dulcet tones of MBMBAM, but due to the reading involved, I tuned out half of it.

dfsvegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dfsvegas

Sometimes I purposefully take a break from podcasts so I'll have a massive back log of them, and I go binge listen. Sucks, when I inevitably catch up.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#20  Edited By godzilla_sushi

@Omega said:

The reason I ask is that I spent the whole summer neglecting to listen to the Adam Carolla Show. I spent the last few weeks listening to around 50 episodes to get back up to speed. It occurred to me that there are likely some people who aren't insane and probably just pick up from the most recent episode on.

I listen to most of his podcasts pre June and I hadn't really check in since the radio show went off the air. When his book came out I read it and the podcast was great. Lately it seems kind of stale but I think it's because of all the material being saved for the next one. In that sense, I'm skipping most episodes unless the guest is good. What do you think of Alison?

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Omega

@Godzilla_Sushi: I think Alison is great. At first I was pretty indifferent about her because I really liked Teresa Strasser. When she first started I thought she was like a young Teresa but I've since grown to like her and find her pretty funny especially the reading of her fake pregnancy book.

I still maintain that Larry Miller is the best supporting personality on the show, but that's not to say I dislike anyone else.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I start off from where I left off so I don't miss any inside jokes. Just imagine not knowing about Ryans NARC shit. Horrible, I know.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RobotHamster

I haven't listened to the bombcast in like 2 weeks, don't think I'll go back to them unless I really get the time.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DystopiaX

Depends on how many episodes I miss. Less than 10 or so, then where I left off. More than that the current one. Subject also matters as well- if there's some part of it that stays current (games, tech, etc.) then older casts may not be as relevant.

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DougQuaid

I think it depends on the podcast and what it's focused on. Stuff that's focused around current events on a particular subject (like Behind the Screened Door) kind of make going through a backlog of particular show kind of pointless. When I recently started listening to the Nerdist, I went back and listened to almost all of the old episodes because they all still hold up.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#26  Edited By godzilla_sushi

@Omega said:

@Godzilla_Sushi: I think Alison is great. At first I was pretty indifferent about her because I really liked Teresa Strasser. When she first started I thought she was like a young Teresa but I've since grown to like her and find her pretty funny especially the reading of her fake pregnancy book.

I still maintain that Larry Miller is the best supporting personality on the show, but that's not to say I dislike anyone else.

Larry Miller is pretty dang awesome.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pezen

I start where I left off with most podcasts, though I wouldn't do that with stuff like Adam Carolla's Podcast considering his is 5 times per week. But weekly (or twice a week) ones I will do that with.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#28  Edited By Bollard

@DonutFever said:

Listen to most recent, and listen to episodes where mimes came from.
peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#29  Edited By peacebrother

I just start with the newest one. If I have time after I finish the newest one, I work my way backwards.

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By CastroCasper

I usually pick up from where I left off. Weird, I used to listen to the Adam Carolla show almost every day and haven't know for about 6 months. With a show like that, I would just go listen to the few with the guests you like. Adam usually tells the same stories over and over so I doubt you would miss anything by skipping a few.