• 61 results
householddutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By householddutch

I've got sick leave till Friday when I have to drag my sad, sick self back to work. Just installed The Longest Journey off steam and an urge to play FFVI...other than that, nothing but naps and juice! So I was wondering, what do you guys do on your sick days? Watch movies, devote the time you're coherent to some gaming, or just sleep?

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By _Zombie_

Curl up on my bed, play video games and use the computer.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Bollard

I've been ill for over 2 weeks now, first with tonsillitis and then it turned into something nearly resembling whooping cough.

I didn't miss a day of Uni. As soon as I got home though I slept for like 12 hours.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By psylah

Sharpen my stabbin knife.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Justin258

On days I'm actually sick? Play video games.

I don't often take vacation time and if I do, it's for a purpose and not because I feel like it. A few weeks ago I took a day off of work to finish a boatload of homework, and the Friday before that I had to leave early to talk to a teacher. Other than that, I don't remember taking much, if any, time away from my current job.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I re-enact the entire sequences of "spider-man the musical." I actually usually just have leave Netflix on autoplay and try and catch up on shows. Video games playing while sick require to much concentration.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Roger778

If I'm feeling good, then I'll sit down in front of my television and play Video games. If not, then I'll stay in bed, and either sleep or read a book.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TyCobb

I used to do it when a game would come out that I really wanted to play or just felt like not working. I haven't been sick in like 4-5 years and I used to take sick just for the hell of it, but since I started working in places where sick days are lumped into vacation I stopped doing it.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

Puke.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By jacksukeru

I be sick.

I feel like shit and ponder how much I never appreciate not hurting wherever I'm currently hurting when I'm not sick.

Bantex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bantex

Find a tv series i havent seen yet and then watch all episodes.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12  Edited By JasonR86

It depends on how sick I am. If I'm really, really sick I usually just sleep or stare at a wall and turn my brain off. If I'm really sick I'll just watch some TV show that doesn't require any thought on my part. If I'm just sick I might play a simple, easy game or watch any old TV show. If I'm "sick" I'll just fuck around and do whatever.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By villainy

Lay on the couch and zone out to the Persona 4 ER.

xerxes8933a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xerxes8933a

If you can do anything other then sleep and use the bathroom, you shouldn't be taking a sick day.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15  Edited By crusader8463

Don't recall the last time I used a sick day because I was sick. Normally I just use them when I want an extra long weekend or need the time off but can't use vacation time. So I just treat it like any other day off and play games, watch TV shows/movies on my PC. If I'm actually sick then I do the same minus video games. I rarely get sick but when I do it's always pretty bad to the point that I don't have the brain power to play a game and need to do something that takes zero brain power like watching TV shows or movies.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By Justin258

@Xerxes8933A said:

If you can do anything other then sleep and use the bathroom, you shouldn't be taking a sick day.

You're saying that playing a dumb video games or watching a movie requires the same kind of work and concentration that, say, an actual job might?

I've never liked this idea that "if you can play games then you're not too sick to go to school/work." That used to be what my parents would say when I was sick. Sitting in a chair and mashing buttons isn't the same as walking around a school or workplace and concentrating on work.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jdh5153

Go to work....

Somadude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Somadude

Read or play video games. Then again, it depends on how sick I am... Because sometimes I just want to sleep all day.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LikeaSsur

If I'm actually sick, I wallow in my misery. I'm bedridden when I get sick (luckily it doesn't happen often).

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By Tylea002

@believer258 said:

@Xerxes8933A said:

You're saying that playing a dumb video games or watching a movie requires the same kind of work and concentration that, say, an actual job might?

I've never liked this idea that "if you can play games then you're not too sick to go to school/work." That used to be what my parents would say when I was sick. Sitting in a chair and mashing buttons isn't the same as walking around a school or workplace and concentrating on work.

I fall heavily on the side of stay at home if you're unwell. No one person is that important. People get sick, posturing and coming in when you shouldn't, then infecting everyone else, is selfish. Just stay at home and get better, the world will keep turning if you're not at work for one day - it's really not the end of the world.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By grilledcheez

I haven't had one in awhile, but I usually tried to play some video games and try to enjoy life.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By morningstar

Sleep. And then sleep some more.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23  Edited By Levio

Resting through illness is for weaklings. You need to push your body to the limit to get your immune system into action!

Try doing 50 pushups, 50 crunches, then 50 pullups. If that isn't enough, practice some martial arts at increasingly ramped up speeds until you are stronger than you were before you were sick!

Wondeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Wondeboy

Today was my first sick day in about 3 years... I spent it watching the wii u marathon in bed. I tend to find when I'm sick I don't have the energy to play video games... So I normally just rest and watch trashy movies (or quick looks)

thefaulconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thefaulconer

Assuming I'm not so sick I can barely keep it together, my ritual is to beat Beyond Oasis.

I've done it almost every time.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AlexW00d

I've never taken a day off sick so I don't honestly know. Feel like shit I guess? I never take any of my holiday either, unless I go on actual holiday, so I couldn't guess what I would do then. Probably just play video games?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By zeforgotten

Live like any other day. 
Except not going to work, I guess. 

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By butano

Usually stay in bed and turn on Netflix, and if I have enough energy, I'll wallow over to the other side of my room and play some PC games that use a 360 controller.

Trainer_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Trainer_Red

Usually on my free time when I want to be alone I just paint or draw.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BaneFireLord

Put on a bathrobe, do homework.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#32  Edited By Video_Game_King

I can only remember one time when I was really sick, and that resulted in piss poor blogs. So that, I guess?

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#33  Edited By isomeri

Watch too much bad TV.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 69

#34  Edited By bobafettjm

I've only taken maybe 3 sick days off in the past 10 years, so generally when I am home sick I do nothing but sleep and feel miserable.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jack268

I'm never ill.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#36  Edited By pyromagnestir

@Xerxes8933A said:

Yeah, be an asshole and get other people sick... Really I don't understand this mentality. Although I have heard it said you're most contagious before you know you're sick, so I guess if that's true, then fuck it.

Last time I took a legitimate sick day I watched movies all day. That was maybe three years ago, though. My previous legitimate sick day a few years before that I did the same thing. I'll take an occasional long weekend for myself when I'm not sick. After all, if they give you personal days, you might as well use 'em.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#37  Edited By Hizang

I just end up watching shit on TV, its one of the only times I actually watch TV.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#38  Edited By MildMolasses

@Tylea002 said:

@believer258 said:

@Xerxes8933A said:

I fall heavily on the side of stay at home if you're unwell. No one person is that important. People get sick, posturing and coming in when you shouldn't, then infecting everyone else, is selfish. Just stay at home and get better, the world will keep turning if you're not at work for one day - it's really not the end of the world.

As a person who has always had jobs that were staffed at exactly the number they need, I will not take a sick day unless I am on deaths door. Also, these are shitty jobs that don't have things like paid leave.

I guess what I'm saying kids is: don't stay in school. University has gotten me in exactly the same place I could be if I dropped out in the 10th grade.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Tylea002

@MildMolasses said:

@Tylea002 said:

@believer258 said:

@Xerxes8933A said:

As a person who has always had jobs that were staffed at exactly the number they need, I will not take a sick day unless I am on deaths door. Also, these are shitty jobs that don't have things like paid leave.

I guess what I'm saying kids is: don't stay in school. University has gotten me in exactly the same place I could be if I dropped out in the 10th grade.

Oh 100%, it's a culture thing, low level jobs are set up in such a way to make sick leave so unappealing, because cost cutting. It sucks we got to that place, but we did.

And I'm at university now. It's great.

That was sarcasm.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By iam3green

surf the internet, watch tv mostly.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

I usually bring up Netflix, have a movie marathon, and drink tons of juice or Sprite until I am able to get off of the couch.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ben_H

Watch Price is Right. Because everybody does that when they stay home sick. 

I never get sick, maybe once a year, but if I do it is usually really bad. So I just sleep the whole day or if I can't sleep I play something like Minecraft to pass time quickly. 
@Tylea002 said:

@believer258 said:

@Xerxes8933A said:

Indeed. At my old job they often would try to guilt trip you if you called in sick so I was scared to, but at my new job they encourage you to stay home if you aren't well. We work around food all day so if we come to work sick we get sent home anyway most of the time.
Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By Scrawnto

@MildMolasses said:

@Tylea002 said:

To offer a counter point, I've got about twelve days of vacation waiting to be used after one year as a member of the labor force, and I couldn't have gotten here without University. I'll be taking a week and a half off next month to visit friends and family in California. I also have several paid sick days that I just haven't used because I hardly ever get sick. I haven't had a cold in over a year.

So University isn't all bad, if you choose a valuable major. And if you don't, well my sister has a degree in Japanese Language, and she's working the support hotline for Sprint after a few years as a cashier.

As for what I would do on sick days, Netflix is pretty high up there. Maybe some reading, and occasionally a game that I can take at a slower pace, like an RPG, especially something familiar and comforting. I've learned not to play anything too repetitive, since that will always inevitably embed itself into my fever dreams, which is downright maddening. I remember a fever dream that was just 8 hours of Picross, but the puzzles were never solved and there was no payoff. Just 8 hours of counting and adding and subtracting, and chipping away boxes.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#44  Edited By MildMolasses

@Scrawnto said:

@MildMolasses said:

@Tylea002 said:

To offer a counter point, I've got about twelve days of vacation waiting to be used after one year as a member of the labor force, and I couldn't have gotten here without University. I'll be taking a week and a half off next month to visit friends and family in California. I also have several paid sick days that I just haven't used because I hardly ever get sick. I haven't had a cold in over a year.

So University isn't all bad, if you choose a valuable major. And if you don't, well my sister has a degree in Japanese Language, and she's working the support hotline for Sprint after a few years as a cashier.

No, it's not bad. I have a useless major, and I'm aware of that. That's why I'm back in school to learn something more practical. Then I will abuse my sick days by playing games, looking at pornhub and sleeping

Silvergun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Silvergun

Where I work, we have DTO, meaning our sick days and our vacation days all come from one big pool. Thus, if I'm staying home sick, my activities include:

-Restless fevered sleep

-Sitting doubled over on the toilet wishing I was dead

-Standing doubled over the toilet wishing I was dead

-Moaning

-Trying to summon the strength to ward off my kitty who doesn't understand I'm sick and don't want to play

-Trying to think of what I can eat that will allow me to sustain my feeble strength without making me violently ill

-Fruitlessly adding and removing blankets trying to find a combo that's not too hot and not too cold, and failing.

-Thinking about the work that's piling up in my absence

@Scrawnto said:

I've learned not to play anything too repetitive, since that will always inevitably embed itself into my fever dreams, which is downright maddening. I remember a fever dream that was just 8 hours of Picross, but the puzzles were never solved and there was no payoff. Just 8 hours of counting and adding and subtracting, and chipping away boxes.

Oh god, I made that mistake once. My game was Majesty, and to this day I feel vaguely uncomfortable playing it.

fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By fishmicmuffin

I sleep, drink a lot of water, watch TV, and occasionally will play some video games. I'll also read if I'm in the middle of a good book.

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Vanek

Furiously masturbate.

... I obviously don't really, but I would love to say I use the time to play games but I don't. I never want to do anything other than sleep when I'm sick.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#48  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Depends how ill I am. I'm either laying in bed, or sitting in front of my PC half-conscious more or less doing: Youtube, Giantbomb, Youtube, Youtube, Giantbomb, Youtube.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#49  Edited By Soap

I actually took my first sick day off work last week, felt so rough I could barely get out of bed, by about 3 in the afternoon I was starting to feel a bit better though so I used the extra time to catch up on The Walking Dead on steam. Zombies and flu aren't a good mix.

MeldingPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#50  Edited By MeldingPlague

I was recently struck with the Super Cold that has apparently infected the whole entire world and I just wallowed on the couch watching anime and Park and Recreation. Did you know that's a pretty good show? Because it is.