• 58 results
chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chemystery

I have a head cold. Nothing serious just enough to make me miserable and not want to do anything. When I'm sick I usually don't even play games or do things I enjoy. I end up drinking a lot of hot tea and laying in bed reading forums and stuff.

Anyone have some cool illness practices I can pick up? Extreme sneezing? A game of Quarters with Alka Seltzer? I don't know guys, I'm sick and miserable.

Avatar image for exiledastronaut
ExiledAstronaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

You do not want to mess with me in extreme sneezing.

Really though i've been sick for the last two weeks and just played a butt load of nba 2k14 and watched tv. It sucked :/

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catch up on TV. Drink Ginger Ale, eat soup.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I have a cold or so I basically sleep like 40 hours in 48 and I am good to go again. So Yeah sleep. A lot of sleep. Maybe take some headache pill and listen to old radio play's like Drei Fragezeichen or in English I think 3 investigators?

erhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I have a cold I go about my day as usual.

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcsman: I have no cable or netflix. Otherwise your suggestion would be grand.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eat instant ramen.

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to keep working. I had the flu a couple weeks back and couldn't get anyone to cover my shifts at work. Orange juice and soup broth are my friends during that time. I've gotten in the habit of keeping a small container of bouillon cubes in my backpack, it's especially handy if I start to feel under the weather.

Avatar image for chumley_marchbanks
chumley_marchbanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

You should go for a walk. The fresh air and exercise will help relieve your symptoms and make you feel better.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By Justin258

"Being mildly sick" = "good excuse to stay home and play video games".

I don't want to glorify getting a fever or anything at all, but it almost always means that I get a surprise day to read, watch movies, play games, and altogether be lazy. Being stick still sucks but that's something of a perk.

If I'm so sick that I can't do those things, then I have way bigger worries than those things. But that never happens. Even when I had the flu once, I just spent a week watching movies and playing games.

EDIT: Also, when I'm sick I stick to eating sparse soups and maybe crackers so I don't get terribly sick to my stomach.

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chumley_marchbanks: I do plenty of walking on campus. It helps to a point but it also just makes my nose run.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

masturbate

Butler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whiskey, tea, hot water bottle. After work cus I can't really take off.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Time is the only thing that works. I have tried taking every drug under the sun and it does not help. Just trying not to move or think until your body does its magic are the only thing that has ever worked for me.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Play Bloodrayne.

(I'm sick right now... and playing Bloodrayne.)

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By TheBluthCompany

Prayer to the Flying Spaghetti Monster and ritualistic cutting.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The last time I was sick I spent 4 days in bed except for the 20 minutes where I had to walk to a gas station to get some tea and soup.

A thing that I find myself doing is sleeping in places that I don't normally. As a kid I had bunk beds and another guest bed in my room because my room was so huge. I kind of figure that if I'm sick there is probably a load of germs in my bed so I might as well put some other bed to use. Now I have a couch in my room and I'll sleep on that. If I manage to get some energy I'll take a shower and clean my sheets. That feels pretty great.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#18  Edited By audioBusting

The last time I was sick I read the entire let's play for Danganronpa in bed. I'm not really proud of it but it pulled me through well. Cooking "sick people food" is comforting too.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I prepare a bunch of food so I can easily grab and eat it when I need it. Also drink tea and put on a bunch of thick clothes while also covered in a blanket.

Oddly, I also masturbate a lot.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cold? Nothing special, take some cold and flu stuff then go about my business. I actually find that if I feel a little something coming on a good vigorous cardio session usually flushes it out of my system before it can get too bad. I don't think I've been properly laid out by something for about 5 years, maybe longer.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Sleep and eat poorly. I'll try to harass friends on steam/skype if I'm awake. But usually nothing that requires any brainpower.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Go to bed earlier than usual and try to sleep longer than my usual 5-6 hours. I can get away with 5-6 hours for about 2 weeks before it catches up with me and I need a full 8-9.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Drink lots of fluids, eat copious amounts of chicken noodle soup and sleep.

That's about it for me. I'm fortunate that I rarely ever get sick.

I actually don't like playing games while sick, I feel like I don't enjoy them when I do and/or I'll play them poorly which I find frustrating. I usually end up watching TV instead, which is something I rarely do anymore.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cold-wise, usually nothing. Some Dayquil and hot food normally sets me straight.

As for flus, assuming I get lucky and avoid the nausea, it's R&R time. Without nausea, it's actually a little pleasant. I get a couple of days to just not worry about any damn thing except medication and putting soup in me. I've always kind of enjoyed the tingly muscle ache sensation (I know, I'm weird) and the bizarre dreams caused by drifting in and out of sleep in front of the TV.

Of course, that "ideal" flu is rare. I'm more likely to be chilled to the bone and/or broiling alive in the bathroom, never being quite sure if I should be sitting on or kneeling in front of the toilet, and cursing the world.

I was in a similar situation just last night, actually. Not the flu, but what I'm guessing was mild food poisoning given that the person I ate with had similar symptoms. Didn't get sick, but I spent the whole night getting waves of insanely painful stomach cramps and intense nausea spells. They finally subsided, but now I feel like I got gut-punched repeatedly with a meat tenderizer. I'm pretty sure I spent 30% of that time laying perfectly still on my back in hopes of quelling the stabbing pain, 60% apologizing for past misdeeds to whatever vengeful spirits may possibly be out there, and 10% yelling gibberish that vaguely resembled obscenities. Give me the flu any day over that mess.

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@shagge said:

I was in a similar situation just last night, actually. Not the flu, but what I'm guessing was mild food poisoning given that the person I ate with had similar symptoms.

My brain skipped over "with," and your story went in a totally different direction.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very sick with gastroent right now. No energy to even watch tv. Going back to bed now

dwgill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same things I always do but with more whining. If I'm sick enough to justify it I'll lay about and read all day, though I'm rarely ever sick enough to justify not being productive while still coherent enough to read.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eat lots of fruits and veggies. Drink lots of water. Sleep all you can. Stay away from medicine if you can. It's all bull shit. Natural vitamins will kick the shit out of the flu/cold in no time.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By TheHBK

I go work out, pretty much act normal except taking stuff to alleviate the symptoms. If I have a bad flu, I sleep alot to try to get better faster.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ive had other health issues but i haven't been dog sick in years.

kinda frightens me a bit tbh...

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch someone else play a videogame, on this fine website perhaps.

Usually sleep and games and terrible old films, plus lots and lots of hot water, honey, lemon and whisky.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(Nowadays since I'm working)

More recently when I was sick I went to work. I had a flu, sore throat I was all fucked up. On top of that I walked 3 miles in the cold, walking across deep snow to get to work. I'm surprised I didn't die though I did came close to passing out while walking one time. I ended up going to the hospital getting some antibiotics. I got lucky one week and had 3 days off it helped alot. I took my meds and drunk some anti-flu tea, and its probably one of the worst drinks I've had in awhile. Then, I slept and sweated like I was roasting in the 8th circle of hell

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't been sick in ages (like, stay-at-home-sick, that is) but I do remember I spent two whole days in bed dreaming about a time when I wouldn't be sick anymore. Other than that, watching stupid TV-shows or Youtube clips all day long trying to stay nourished and hydrated.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@chemystery: I usually stay in bed and feel sick and miserable, so par for the course.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By sweep  Moderator

The same thing as when I'm not sick; I go to work.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Mildly sick, I can play games...

But when I feel really bad, I can't be bothered to start playing. I just stay home and catch up on my torrents of movies or TV series. Most of the times it doesn't help me feel any better, but it helps passing the time.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I rarely get sick. Occasionally get hay fever, but the last time I was sick was about four years ago, when I got the flu from someone who had done some traveling.

I'm convinced that I have three stooges syndrome, preventing me from getting any ONE illness.

No Caption Provided

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was ill back in early Jan. Had to take a couple of days odd of work annoyingly. Thing was it probably could've been prevented if I wasn't such a sucker. Work said I could go home early and rest (I was on a 12 hour shift) but this other girl was seriously hung over and she was working 2 12 hour shifts the following 2 days and I was only in for 2 6 hour shifts so I said they should send her home instead. So I ended up felling way worse by the morning and just called in sick and spent the next 2 days in bed, taking lots of drugs and sleeping a lot.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Usually laze about and read something. If I'm really sick I just stay in bed and watch Netflix or MST3K or something along those lines.

I'm not the type of person to go to work sick. Especially considering my student part time job is being in proximity to food all day and due to the nature of our work environment, if one person is sick, then everyone else will be sick soon enough. One time one of my coworkers came in with the flu and within a few days everyone else (actually everyone else, both my bosses included) was sick. Since then, if someone appears to be sick they get sent home immediately.

I'm lucky in that my work is not stingy with sick days. My old job was horrendous when it came to people calling in sick since they always underscheduled staff (That place got MBA-ized so badly by the time I left that it was impossible to do anything. It was great when I started. By the end it was all about quotas and cutting costs/staff while expecting quality of service and sales to remain the same. Unsurprisingly sales tanked and the place got an awful reputation. That's what happens when you put numbers ahead of people). I only called in sick maybe 3 times in total and all 3 required a doctor's note, even though it was just one day. I once called in and the manager who answered flat out said I couldn't stay home sick. I just said okay and stayed home anyway. That place was such a joke.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#40  Edited By Video_Game_King

Piss off the moderators? That's generally a by-product of me being sick.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#41  Edited By nightriff

I sleep as much as I can and try to squeeze in some gaming if I can. When I was a kid my parents worked so I could do whatever I want when they weren't home, which meant tv, bad food and video games unless I was really really sick were I slept.

EDIT: Does anyone go to work when they are sick and then pretend sick so they don't have to work another day? I do that a lot and by a lot I mean like once or twice a year.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I make a giant pot of chili and make that shit as hot and spicy as it can possibly be.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#43  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Piss off the moderators? That's generally a by-product of me being sick.

We're all praying that this will finally be the year that you shake this horrible illness you've had for the past six years.

Avatar image for altered_confusion
Altered_Confusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 264

I tend to just zone out to some random tv show, fall asleep, wonder why I'm watching whatever is then on, and then go back to sleep. Oh and hydrate

Poonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Poonz

I'm actually sick right now. Been going into work and leaving early the last couple of days. When I'm not working I've been taking Nyquil to knock me out. So pretty much just sleeping.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I don't get sick very often with anything besides colds, which I mostly just endure in quiet suffering. The last time I was legitimately sick enough to miss work I just watched EVO the entire day, because that was conveniently happening.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For fevers, usually I get a nice dose of TV, video games, water, soup, and sleep. For colds, I go about my usual business. I'm coming off a cold I've been battling since last weekend and I didn't change my schedule or habits.

Jackentrote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eat soup and wait it out, it always passes

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#49 sgtsphynx  Moderator

Mostly sleep and sometimes watch movies.

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king: You have to be a 100% to take on that challenge. You must be well trained to do it while ill.