What do you think about the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer?

• 76 results
Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I've never heard of the GotG, but this looks like it could be fun. I like Chris Pratt, so sign me up.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By wjb

The only thing I really didn't care for was the delivery on the "A-holes" line.

Yeah... I didn't care for "a-holes" because no one says that. "Schmucks" could have been a better, less explicit alternative.

It could be "assholes" in the actual movie, but since this is a green band trailer...

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By joshwent

@damodar said:

I do find it curious that you used video game credits to identify the actors, considering that there are some pretty big hollywood names involved.

Zoe Saldana (Star Trek). Who? Wha?

Zoe Saldana (Star Trek: The Video Game) Ooooooh, her.

Anyway, I think this looks painfully boring and rote, but I hope I'm wrong. Though even if it is I'm sure it'll do well and people will love it. I guess the mindless expensive looking expected adventure (like The Avengers) just isn't for me.

RockyRaccoon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@joshwent said:

Anyway, I think this looks painfully boring and rote, but I hope I'm wrong. Though even if it is I'm sure it'll do well and people will love it. I guess the mindless expensive looking expected adventure (like The Avengers) just isn't for me.

100% with you.

This pretty much looks like every other Marvel movie to date. Puckish rogue white dude will likely come into his own, realize his potential and save the world (galaxy?). With great power comes great zzzzzzzzzzz

And John C. Reilly seems way miscast to me and frankly pretty bored in the trailer.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Side note: A "Doctor Strange" movie would fit in extremely well into the current Marvel Movie Universe with the way it blends "neo-future with a touch of magic".

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That looks terrible. What a corny ass film. Do we need another origin story? Clearly this is not made for me, im beginning to think marvel films arent for me. If your going to put a middle finger in the trailer then dont edit it.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Was kinda into it until Batista was on screen, then I got back into it again until the "A-holes" line. I'll wait for the next movie to come off the Marvel production line. Or not.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By abendlaender

Eh. Looks like it'll be a decent enough movie.

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not familiar at all with the Comics, but it looks and feel like the 5th element. So I'm digging it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I'm at this point kind of sick of the spring/summer super hero movie trend that has been happening for the last 6-7 years. I think Rocket Raccoon is cool but I don't need to see him in a movie.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

@laserguy said:

That looks terrible. What a corny ass film. Do we need another origin story? Clearly this is not made for me, im beginning to think marvel films arent for me. If your going to put a middle finger in the trailer then dont edit it.

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthorange: This really dumb, its as bad as fifty cent thinking he can put out another album and it will sell.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aetheldod: I don't think that'll be the case going by what Gunn has said in interviews. He's talked about wanting to get him right because Rockets the heart of the movie. Hopefully that means lots of screen time.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I'll be watching this on a hot Summer night after a day at the lake. Looks like good fun.

Will take some time getting used to Chris Pratt being less daft than his Andy Dwyer role on Parks and Recreation though. By the way, how was he in Zero Dark Thirty? Can't fathom it.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#65  Edited By monkeyking1969

I have to say right off I'm sort of proud of Chris Pratt for loosing all that weight. Is he really that ripped now or was the CG? If he got ripped too...well, I'm super impressed. The preview looked okay, its hard to know what to think since I don't know the comic that well - but, I'd give it a chance.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Looks funny and cool - I'm down.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I feel increasingly done with mainstream costumed superhero movies at this point... which is why I'm pretty excited for this.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's anything like Avengers, which I think is horribly overrated, then I probably won't go see it. Otherwise, it looks alright, this is the first I've ever heard or seen of these characters, I'm not familiar with them at all.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Looks pretty dope though I've been fooled before with superhero trailers, for example Man of Steel and Watchmen. I trust James Gunn vision so I'm already assuming it will be alright.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never heard of GotG before, but this seems like something I'd go and watch in cinemas. This trailer also makes for a nice change of pace from recent Marvel trailers, such as Iron Man 3 and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. The original trailer for Iron Man 3 was a bit weird, because Marvel is clearly winning the whole movie comics thing (not saying the DC films are bad, please don't hate), but felt as though it had to copy The Dark Knight Returns in the trailer. Here, Marvel seems way more comfortable about some light-heartedness.

On a side note, I always find it difficult to take super-serious trailers such as the Winter Soldier and Iron Man 3 trailers seriously. They try to up the stakes to a ridiculous degree, but at the end of the day, it's a super-hero film, what do you think is going to happen?

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pretty much hate everything that Gunn has put out, but this does look really good. Somewhere between The Fifth Element and Hellboy. Love the visuals, the cast is fucking great, and it looks like Gunn is actually learning to show some restraint. We'll see, marketing is often deceptive.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By hatking

@seppli said:

I'll be watching this on a hot Summer night after a day at the lake. Looks like good fun.

Will take some time getting used to Chris Pratt being less daft than his Andy Dwyer role on Parks and Recreation though. By the way, how was he in Zero Dark Thirty? Can't fathom it.

He was kind of barely in it, actually. He was totally fine in the role, but he couldn't have had more than ten actual lines, other than military jargon.

Avatar image for deactivated-62a216db3532b
deactivated-62a216db3532b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was kinda done with comic book movies but this one looks kinda good.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like a very fun movie... those don't seem to come by often. Well... Lego movie also looks like a lot of fun.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw the trailer on Dark Horizons, and I actually laughed a few times. This looks like it will be a really fun movie to watch.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I enjoy more than even this excellent, excellent trailer is seeing all of the emotionally stunted man children freaking out because comic book movies are supposed to be dark and self serious. Seriously, the WORST parts of the Nolan movies were when they took themselves too seriously and kept away from embracing the more fun comic book aspects of the story. It's like Nolan wanted to make a crime thriller and he was forced to include Batman stuff, and it embarrassed him. Look at the completely absurd Man Of Steel for further proof of this. The self serious comic book phase of the 80's and 90's fucking sucked, was lame and pathetic, and I hope it dies in a car fire.