• 101 results
NotTheBees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By NotTheBees

Poll What do you think of Louis Ck? (478 votes)

Love him! He's hilarious! 55%
He's funny, not my favourite comedian though. 32%
Never watched him. 5%
Don't like his style of comedy. 5%
He's a big stupid ginger. 3%

Interested to know what the GB community thinks of his comedy.

Just finished watching the first season of 'Louie'. It's a clever show and has some funny moments for sure - the robbery scene - although it didn't have me laughing often. Some of the content - notably Louie's one night stand - was just plain weird.

I've seen a lot of his stand up though and I think that stuff is hilarious.

• 
wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By wjb

Speaking of weird, you'll come to realize (if you haven't already) that Louie has little continuity with its stories/characters. The show is so hilarious, though, it didn't even bother me.

Fourth season isn't for another year. It's killing me!

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like him a lot. He's a really hard-working guy with a unique perspective on things. I think his show deserves all the praise it gets, and his stand-up is among the best out there right now.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watched the first two seasons of Louie over at Netflix, great stuff, though not so much that I'd need to get them on a dvd instead of just waiting. Also enjoyed his apperances in Conan before watching the series.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Pie

I watched one of his stand ups and didn't think much of it. Might give his show a watch though

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I don't get the hype

Thompson820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love his stand-up, love his show but I find the fact that he's regularly on Opie & Anthony really disturbing.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

He's been funny on occasion. I don't mind the guy but I don't necessarily agree with all the hype.

NotTheBees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NotTheBees

@wjb: I saw somewhere that the show gets a lot funnier in season two, would you say thats true?

EDIT: And I love the lack of continuity, makes the show so unique

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

He's fucking funny.

But the show Louie isn't really about being funny. It's just a bunch of vignettes, often entirely unrelated to one another, that Louis decides to make. It's a pretty great show though.

CallMeTetris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a necessarily a huge fan of his stand-up material, though I do find it pretty enjoyable overall and really funny at times. Louie is incredible though, one of my absolute favorite shows.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I like his stand up a fair bit but didn't really like what I saw of Louie. I found it excruciatingly cringe worthy.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CaLe

I like him because he seems to have a similar outlook on the world as me. Not a fan of his sex related material though, that stuff is just perverse.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cmblasko

@pyromagnestir said:

He's fucking funny.

But the show Louie isn't really about being funny. It's just a bunch of vignettes, often entirely unrelated to one another, that Louis decides to make. It's a pretty great show though.

Yeah, I think most people go into Louie with the misconception that it is 100% a comedy show. That's what I thought when I started watching it.

@thompson820 said:

I love his stand-up, love his show but I find the fact that he's regularly on Opie & Anthony really disturbing.

Lots of comedians are regulars on O&A, what's wrong with that?

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably one of the only comedians that manages to make me laugh each time I watch him. I don't love any comedians, but I really like his jokes.

amlabella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I'm a big Louis C.K. fan. I love how his TV show toes the line between drama and comedy - it's just great in general. His standup, on the other hand, is hilarious. Saw him in person a few months back with a friend and had a fantastic time.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

He's my favorite comedian. Love his show too.

NotTheBees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale said:

I like him because he seems to have a similar outlook on the world as me. Not a fan of his sex related material though, that stuff is just perverse.

Yeah I get uncomfortable watching that stuff when there are others in the room..

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not very much into standup in general, but his show is easily one of the most creative and human things ever to be on TV. It's not really a comedy, there is dark humor, but there are many episodes where you might only laugh once or twice and the show wasn't aiming for more than that.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notthebees: It's hard to remember, but I think out of the three, the second season was the best (so far).

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Love his stand-up, but wasn't crazy about the couple episodes of Louie I've seen.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By glots

@cale said:

Yeah I get uncomfortable watching that stuff when there are others in the room..

Had a fantastic introduction to that show, when we were visiting our parents over the last winter and watched telly late at night. Then that "Dentist" episode came on...

Oh and another mention-worthy point of the show is definetly that catchy theme, at least for me. Forms a big smile on my face.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

He's hilarious!

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By D_Bones

I went into the show with high expectations and honestly didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. It wasn't bad by any means just not hilarious.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

That last option is fucking discriminatory.

Dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dot

Yeah lol, what's with the last option?

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#26  Edited By winsord

@banefirelord said:

I like his stand up a fair bit but didn't really like what I saw of Louie. I found it excruciatingly cringe worthy.

In which sense? As in, you found it just plain bad and "cringe worthy" as a result, or the Curb Your Enthusiasm style of dark and awkward humour (assuming you've seen it). I know sometimes people really have a hard time with the latter, but typically there's at least an appreciation that comes with it, one that's not present when people think it's just flat-out bad. I keep meaning to watch Louie and the Louis C.K. specials since I like his contemporaries quite a bit, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Louis' my favorite working stand-up today. He unashamedly takes risks, which is missing from so much modern comedy. Pushes people's and his own buttons to blur the line between what is funny and challenge the audiences preconceived notions. And at the same time, he's painfully honest about himself, and he seems like a generally nice guy who even with all of his continued success has never believed his own hype. He's worked ridiculously hard to be where he is, and he still had good material every year. I love tons of other working stand-ups, but I can't say all of that about any of them.

Okay, now I'm just gushing, but the dude's really great.

Also, the episode GOD from the season one of Louie is one of the most intense and poignant episodes of any show I've seen, dramas included. Simple, powerful, and all from a comedy show that's written, directed, and edited by Louis himself. Amazing stuff.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

dont like anything he's ever done

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By D0tti

I love Louis CK, loved him since his 2005 or 2006 HBO Stand Up show, his hilarious.

Edit: He is also the first comedian I ever saw live, this year in march or april here in Norway.

@thompson820 said:

Why is that disturbing ? When comedians come on O&A it's usually the funniest and best shows(I listen to it on a regular basis).

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To me he's alot funnier in Louie the show than stand up, not to say I don't think his stand up is funny. It's just something about watching the ridiculous things he talks about come to life that I enjoy alot.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I have a kid and my friends all have kids so I'm pretty big fan of all the terrible (aka: honest) shit he says about kids.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

He's a pretty funny standup Comedian, but I'm not a fan of how his out of context quotes have become a beacon for bigots and uncaring jerks around the internet to flock under.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34  Edited By williamhenry

I think he is funny, but I wish I liked his stand up more.

Dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NotTheBees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshwent: Yeah that episode was brilliantly written and directed. It felt like a short film and the message delivered was great. It was also notable for the fact that it featured very little of Louis himself.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like him; if I had to pick though I'd pick Bill Burr over him because of how much he just doesn't give a fuck. That and he did an entire stand up bit that involved him basically cursing out the city of Philadelphia in Philadelphia. And they fucking loved him doing it lol

Loading Video...

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I've listened to all of his stand up, and seen every episode of Louie, which is one of my favorite shows. He's great.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly think he's hilarious. I've seen the entirety of both his shows (Lucky Louie and Louie), and most of his videos on youtube, he's just real and sincere, he has great realistic opinions and he knows how to deliver them in a fashion that brings out laughter.

Best 5 bucks I ever spent was on his Beacon Theater show, I don't think anything made me laugh harder than that show.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Mrsignerman44

I don't wanna sound like a hipster but people are building him up to be the next George Carlin. While that might happen, I don't like how hyped up he gets because it leads to a lot of "He wasn't that great". He's definitely in my top 5 comics of all time though, and I've loved every special he's put out.

I like him; if I had to pick though I'd pick Bill Burr over him because of how much he just doesn't give a fuck. That and he did an entire stand up bit that involved him basically cursing out the city of Philadelphia in Philadelphia. And they fucking loved him doing it lol

Burr is definitely in my top 5 too, can't get enough of this ginger cunt and his podcast!

colorbrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By colorbrandon

@mrsignerman44: He'll be the next George Carlin if he lives long enough to become a salty old man.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love his stand up and think Louie is one of the best shows on TV.

Thompson820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Thompson820

@d0tti: @cmblasko: I won't deny that O&A has its moments (the story where a child wasn't allowed to use a toilet at a chocolate store and had diarrhea had me crying) but I find it hard to listen to at times when they essentially harass people on the phone. Even if the people are 100% acting or don't actually care the 'comedy' of those calls is simply mean spirited and gross; one example would be the woman they call whose husband committed suicide and they constantly make crass jokes and also simply abuse the woman. Again, even if this is all acting it's just not funny, as somebody who has first hand experience with suicide I can't find that in any way funny or clever. And yes, these are calls that have been made while Louis was present in the studio and he took part in the abuse.

helios1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Where is the option for "He was very funny before his divorce and Lucky Louie was amazing but now he is just depressing and his new show is terrible."?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I love Louie. The show's fantastic, and I've always gotten great laughs out of his stand up.

Earned a lot of respect from me on this Talking Funny thing:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@insane_shadowblade85: I immediately went back and watched that after you posted that everybody needs to see it.

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@connerthekewlkid: Yeah Bill Burr is pretty great as well, I think he is atm higher then Louis on my list of funniest comedians.

@d0tti: @cmblasko: I won't deny that O&A has its moments (the story where a child wasn't allowed to use a toilet at a chocolate store and had diarrhea had me crying) but I find it hard to listen to at times when they essentially harass people on the phone. Even if the people are 100% acting or don't actually care the 'comedy' of those calls is simply mean spirited and gross; one example would be the woman they call whose husband committed suicide and they constantly make crass jokes and also simply abuse the woman. Again, even if this is all acting it's just not funny, as somebody who has first hand experience with suicide I can't find that in any way funny or clever. And yes, these are calls that have been made while Louis was present in the studio and he took part in the abuse.

Those bits are pretty old if i'm not mistaken, but to be honest it's their harshness and crass jokes etc. that make me love them(mostly Anthony and Jim Norton).

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to think he was the funniest comedian alive. But he's fallen off big time. He was far funnier when he was in a bad marriage that he didn't give a fuck about. Now he just seems to be coasting by on his meme and internet appeal. But since that wasn't an option, I picked the final choice because it's the only truthful objective statement.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

He's an amazingly hilarious guy, undoubtedly one of the best in the business.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I was extremely underwhelmed when I first saw one of his standups after hearing so much.