• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by badwhodo (248 posts) -
#2 Posted by KarlPilkington (2731 posts) -

Pointless.

#3 Posted by Bucketdeth (8012 posts) -

Haven't really tried it out, so I'm not sure.

#4 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

Neither.

#5 Posted by rjayb89 (7722 posts) -

AN EASY WAY INTO HELL.

#6 Posted by hedfone (1751 posts) -

i like snuff so yeah

#7 Posted by Fascism (148 posts) -

Its pretty cool

#8 Posted by MisterChief (832 posts) -

Depends on the situation.

#9 Edited by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

Depends on the situation. If your just depressed over a girl dumping you than of course not but say your in the middle of war and you know your about to die because your surrounded by the enemy and you want to end it yourself than that's ok. 

#10 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5257 posts) -

#11 Posted by Yummylee (21697 posts) -
@Lifestrike said:
" Why would it be "selfless"? "
#12 Posted by badwhodo (248 posts) -
@Lifestrike said:
because the greater good would be not being a part of society anymore.
#13 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -

Those are both shitty choices.

#14 Edited by Unchained (1081 posts) -

I think it's sad. Terribly sad.  

That someone is in so much pain (emotional, mental, physical) that they no longer want to live. They must feel so alone in those last moments.  

I've been to a lot of suicides. The suicide note (almost all suicides have one) is always heartbreaking.  

edited to clarify.

#15 Posted by CornBREDX (5323 posts) -

It ruins more lives then the one taken. Always selfish.
#16 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -
@Unchained said:
" I think it's sad. Terribly sad.    That someone is in so much pain (emotional, mental, physical) that they no longer want to live. They must feel so alone in those last moments.   I've attended many suicides. The suicide note (almost all suicides have one) is always heartbreaking.  "
@CornBREDX said:
" It ruins more lives then the one taken. Always selfish. "
Trust me, when you've lost a family member to suicide, these two thoughts war with each other for the rest of your life.
#17 Posted by Unchained (1081 posts) -
@Little_Socrates said:
Trust me, when you've lost a family member to suicide, these two thoughts war with each other for the rest of your life. "  
No doubt. I'm sorry for your loss. 
#18 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

I think it's painless.     

Honestly though, I think it's sad when a person reaches the point in their life that they feel ending their life is the only option. As someone who has been suicidal his entire life I understand the mindset you need to get into in order to even consider ending your own life, and unlike the common belief that it's the cowards way out I think it's something only for the brave. Building up the state of mind to actually go through the act of ending your own life is an extraordinarily difficult process. 

Knowing that when you press the button/swallow the pill/pull the trigger/jump your life is over and that's that is a very terrifying experience and you can only know what it's like when you are face to face with the choice.
#19 Posted by Canberra (1065 posts) -

This should not have been a poll.

#20 Posted by gunslingerNZ (1904 posts) -
@badwhodo said:
" @Lifestrike said:
because the greater good would be not being a part of society anymore. "
That would always be selfish. If you truly felt your life had no worth you could dedicate it to digging wells in Africa or building shelters for the homeless or any other selfless cause. Not to mention that killing yourself will likely leave bills and expenses for others to pay unless you've provided for those.
#21 Posted by badwhodo (248 posts) -
@Lifestrike: i guess my family will find out.
#22 Posted by rubberluffy (465 posts) -
@Unchained said:
" I think it's sad. Terribly sad.    That someone is in so much pain (emotional, mental, physical) that they no longer want to live. They must feel so alone in those last moments.   I've attended many suicides. The suicide note (almost all suicides have one) is always heartbreaking.  "
My very organized and somewhat OCD father didn't see fit to leave one behind.  Bugs the hell out of me, not knowing the why.
#23 Posted by gunslingerNZ (1904 posts) -
@badwhodo: Seriously dude this is not the place you want to be raising those sorts of issues. I'm sorry if you're going through that mental anguish and really do hope you seek help but don't expect to find any here.
#24 Posted by badwhodo (248 posts) -
@Canberra: no it shouldn't have.  i guess i was looking for some sort of justification.
#25 Edited by CornBREDX (5323 posts) -
@Little_Socrates:
I have attempted suicide (when i was young, dumb, and selfish) a few times and I have known people (friends and family) who did it. 

After having the experiences I have in life up to this point, I believe nothing more than it is selfish. 
I know I shared a bit too much but just want you to understand where i'm coming from. There is never a reason to commit suicide and it only hurts everyone else you know, and does not give the attention you really want.
#27 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

One day...

#28 Posted by TehJames (199 posts) -

Its the losers way. Life can sometimes be dark and tough but if you give up you lose.

#29 Posted by badwhodo (248 posts) -
@CornBREDX: 2 tries.  i do it wrong. third time is a charm though, right?
#30 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

Weird enough im just dealing with one of someone I knew, he was a good guy, always happy. I think its very sad, but I also think its selfish because of the fact they are hurting all these people they could have used to get through with whatever they were dealing with.
#31 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4816 posts) -

Selfish or Selfless? Really? Those are my only options? 

#32 Posted by CornBREDX (5323 posts) -
@badwhodo:
I am not proud of it and it was at a low point in my life. It is not something I am suggesting any one do or try. If you're for real you need to find someone to speak with about whatever is bothering you, suicide is not the answer.
#33 Posted by Veektarius (4845 posts) -
@wolf_blitzer85 said:
"   
"
#34 Posted by badwhodo (248 posts) -
@CornBREDX: i'm done dude. I'm a fucking failure at life.  I shouldn't have even started this shit poll.
#35 Edited by Devildoll (882 posts) -

i think if a person feels that he/she has been living without purpose ( or whatever ) for a long period of time , they should be allowed to terminate , but its very mean to your loved ones if you just go and hang yourself without notifying them days ahead , so they can make their final godbyes and discuss it. 

impulse suicide is crazy though , very tough for your loved ones ....

thats my thoughts on the subject.

some people cant just go on and live for 50 years more , just cause someone would miss them if they dont you know...

i didnt feel as the two alternatives in the poll did me any good , so i didnt vote for any of em.

#36 Edited by Oldirtybearon (4816 posts) -
@badwhodo:  Oh this is one of those suicide prevention polls? Alright, I'll bite. 

You're not a coward if you kill yourself. You're just a big idiot. A git, if you will. This poll is a cry for help, and I get that. Asking for help is also hard, and I get that too. I guess what I'm saying is that if you're feeling like you can't go on, reach out to somebody. You've got thousands upon thousands of users right here on Giant Bomb. One of us is bound to listen to you.* 

*I of course say this with the hope that you'll talk to someone. If that person needs to be me, shoot me a PM and I'll gladly hear your tale of woe.
#37 Posted by Devildoll (882 posts) -
@badwhodo:  i think you should really tell your family how you feel.
#38 Posted by RubberFactory (288 posts) -

I know a lot of people that have killed themselves and I've seen it ruin a lot of lives, but you gotta do what you gotta do, so I'm kinda on the fence about it.

#39 Posted by Jambones (1696 posts) -

Someone who is suicidal is often only thinking of the overwhelming burden that feels like it is crushing them, and in that sense I'd have to say selfish.

Man, I hope no one on Giant Bomb feels that way though. Hit me up and have a chilled gaming pow-wow to vent your feelings. It especially sucks to feel alone in your desperation.

#40 Posted by ajamafalous (12004 posts) -
@Unchained said:
" I've attended many suicides. "
What?
#41 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

The poll is a false dichotomy and not really answerable. Somebody can have many different reasons for wanting to cease living, so you have to take those into account. If somebody is killing themselves because they are deep in debt, that is selfish. If they are doing it because they feel that they are a drain on society (for example, if they are Paris Hilton) than that is selfless. Or maybe it is something that is wholly unrelated to those two things.

#42 Posted by DrJota (700 posts) -

I'm not only the founder I'm also a client....?

#43 Edited by Zimbo (875 posts) -
@badwhodo:

You are not a failure at life. Everyone has a purpose. Sure, not everyone is going to be successful and have all the girls but that doesn't mean you are in any way a failure. I recommend that you sleep on your choices and think about them hard from all perspectives. I know its hard to ask for help as well but I guarantee you that talking to someone you know or even someone here on Giant Bomb can help.

#44 Posted by jkz (4030 posts) -

What? 

Neither one.

#45 Posted by supermike6 (3564 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:
" @Unchained said:
What? "
Somehow, I didn't really think about that when I first read his post, but yeah, What?
#46 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@Zimbo said:
" @badwhodo:You are not a failure at life. Everyone has a purpose. Sure, not everyone is going to be successful and have all the girls but that doesn't mean you or I are in any way a failure. I recommend that you sleep on your choices and think about them hard from all perspectives. I know its hard to ask for help as well but I guarantee you that talking to someone you know or even someone here on Giant Bomb can help.  "
Oh, I hadn't realized that shit had gotten real.
To say this in a less gay way...

There are no absolute truths, so the notion that a human being is a failure is extremely questionable. There are simply too many subtle variables to sort out. In the end the term "failure as a human being" is kind of meaningless. From this I derive that the best thing to do is to have a sub-process of self-improvement going on in the back of your mind, and to not worry about it otherwise.

Or go on anti-depressants like most of the American population. But that would be cheating.
#47 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@supermike6 said:
" @ajamafalous said:
" @Unchained said:
What? "
Somehow, I didn't really think about that when I first read his post, but yeah, What? "
I think that we are talking about scenes of suicides...
#48 Posted by awesomeusername (4187 posts) -
Committing suicide is selfish, think of all the people your hurting ending your life. I hope no one here does this.=\

@Unchained
said:
  I've attended many suicides.   
Wait? What!? You've attended suicides??! I don't get it.
#49 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

you should commit it and we will tell you how we feel about it

#50 Posted by Brutal_Bisp (146 posts) -
@rjayb89 said:
" AN EASY WAY INTO HELL. "
This shit just got biblical.