What do you think your opinion will be of The Dark Knight Rises?

• 89 results
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NTM

I chose C, but I don't really know. I'm in middle of B and C.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Between B and C but a little closer to B. I think it'll be great and one of the best films this year, but I don't expect it to be better than The Dark Knight. I would love to be pleasantly surprised though.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im expecting it to be better than the Dark Knight.  My expectations are way too high but I dont really care....  Itll be amazing if the movie manages to go beyond them.  

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Carryboy

Hmmm, my opinion on what my opinion will be....

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Sooperspy

Definitely a mix of B and C (though I chose C for my answer in the poll). I doubt it will be as good as the Dark Knight, but I still think it'll probably be one of the best movies of the year.

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
No Caption Provided
SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SamStrife

Judging by the trailers for the film. I think it will be a piece of garbage which lasts way too long (2 Hour 44minute run time.) And I really liked the Dark Knight.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bell_End

im not sure yet.

but it will be a VERY strong opinion that i will share on the internet often and rant and ram it down people throat at any opportunity

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#10  Edited By Jazz

@Bell_End said:

im not sure yet.

but it will be a VERY strong opinion that i will share on the internet often and rant and ram it down people throat at any opportunity

Well said 'Arry

Dexter_Morgan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dexter_Morgan_

@Carryboy said:

Hmmm, my opinion on what my opinion will be....

Carry on my Wayward son.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NTM

@xobballox said:

Between B and C but a little closer to B. I think it'll be great and one of the best films this year, but I don't expect it to be better than The Dark Knight. I would love to be pleasantly surprised though.

Yeah, exactly.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Potentially B, probably C.

Stoked, nonetheless.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It won't be as good as Green Lantern.

Kidding.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By ProfessorEss

I think it'll be a great movie but I have a hard time seeing how a Batman movie without Joker can possibly trump a Batman movie with the Joker - especially when said Joker was portrayed so excellently.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DeF

Other: I hope it will be better than The Dark Knight which I did not like very much (lacked focus, was way too long and drawn out and kinda full of itself).

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By benspyda

Not a huge fan of the Bane character and don't have super high expectations from the trailers. I enjoyed the last 2 a lot though and would happily be proven wrong.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By probablytuna

I think it'll be as good as The Dark Knight, or maybe even better. I believe in Nolan.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#19  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Nolan hasn't disappointed me yet, so I'm confident it'll be pretty incredible. Whether it'll be up to The Dark Knight standards, it's hard to say.

desolation15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By desolation15

I think it's going to be a movie that'll try to recapture the magic sauce of the last film. Only to over do it and become tedious half way through. I'm getting Batman fatigue. I can just see myself, sitting there in the dark crowed theater; watching the second vehicle chase or the third beat'em up scene with uptempo orchestra music blaring all the while I'm on my phone setting up my roster on Big Win Baseball.

Or maybe it'll be great, what the hell do I know.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By MEATBALL

The trailers have left me a bit unsure, but I have faith that it'll be a movie that I really enjoy because I've yet to see a Nolan film that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By daiphyer

I don't think it can be as good as The Dark Knight. The reason why The Dark Knight was so goddamn good was Heath Ledger.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it will be good, very good but I doubt it will top TDK. I just don't invision Nolan filming a bad film with that said tho I think it will have flaws especially the most common one; when a director wants to go epic they invest in to many characters resulting in underdeveloped new ones. Hopefully I'm wrong n the movie surprises me.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By zeforgotten

I picked "I don't know"

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By BoOzak

I've hated the trailers so far, and Bane seems like kind of a dull villian, but i'm not the biggest Batman fan. I enjoyed "The Dark Knight" but I couldnt stand "Begins". I think (for me at least) it'll be somewhere inbetween those two.

But 2 hours & 44 minutes? That's Michael Bay level of filler...

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deadmanforking

G. WIll be good, but just as overrated as the other two.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#27  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I'm expecting it to be a great film, but one that won't be able to quite live up to the quality of The Dark Knight. That's pretty speculative though.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BradBrains

I expect a good movie but a bad batman movie. It seems batman is just kinda there in all the trailers I have seen

NaDannMaGoGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NaDannMaGoGo

Well Christopher Nolan is my absolute favorite movie director and I love his work so much. Especially Memento, Inception and The Prestige. After that comes The Dark Knight, followed by The Following (no pun intended) and it closes out with Batman Begins and Insomnia, those 2 I like the least, still far from bad.

So I just can't imagine this movie not being at least "very good". Better than TDK? Who knows, everyone will find out for himself! edit: or herself!

zungerman090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By zungerman090

I think it will be pretty good. I am not really digging this whole "We are 99%" message that Catwoman seemed to be giving. Eh, after watching a behind the scene featurette, I am kind of stoked.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

How the fuck can I answer that question, what is my opinion on what my opinion will be? I think I will think it might be good, I think.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#32  Edited By Video_Game_King

If I were to tell you, my opinion that would become.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bell_End

its going to be either the best fucking film ever!!!! or the worst fucking film ever!!!!!! that just the way the internet works these days. it won't just be good or ok.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By VierasTalo

Better than Inception. That doesn't require much though. Hopefully it'll also beat TDK. It won't be better than Begins, since I hate the modern-day Chicago-look the movie has instead of the actually somewhat original Gotham in Begins. But whatever, just let it come and be what it is.

NaDannMaGoGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NaDannMaGoGo

@ VierasTalo
I suppose our taste differs by a large degree from your comment but still, let's give it a try:
Batman Begins better than TDK?
How's that? I don't even like the action in Batman Begins with all that close up camera work where you can't figure shit out. And I just don't see an aspect that's worse in TDK really.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BaneFireLord

I hope it's amazing, but I'm tempering my expectations. D.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By zaccheus

"What do you think your opinion will be"

I'm so confused about this thread. Pre-opinions? Really?

Avatar image for shadowknight508
ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By ShadowKnight508

While I do have high hopes, I just don't see Nolan capturing lighting in a bottle for a 2nd time and making this more awesome than The Dark Knight was. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that TDKR will be bad, but I just don't see it surpassing the epic movie that it follows in the franchise.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#39  Edited By MooseyMcMan

A all the way!

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By johncallahan

Really really liked Batman Begins, really really disliked The Dark Knight (I know heresy), haven't liked the stuff I've seen/heard about Dark Knight Rises. Ready to be disappointed, hoping I'm pleasantly surprised.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

I don't know yet?

Either way I'm going to avoid the internet for a week. I can already feel the giant tides of backlash and the opposing tides of fanboyism getting ready to crash and tear us all apart. Plus you have the Avengers lovers, just waiting to jump in the fray. Everything is going to be terrible and angry in a week or so, regardless of the quality of the film, I'm afraid.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I'm thinking and hoping that this film will have a lot more to do with "Batman Begins" than "The Dark Knight", thematically at least. My gut feeling tells me that "The Dark Knight Rises" will be better than TDK, but I'm not sure about topping Batman Begins. (my personal favorite is Batman Begins obviously).

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SeanFoster

I'm sure I'll like it. A part of me is glad the trilogy is over, I'd rather see a new movie from Christopher Nolan like Prestige or Inception than a 3rd Batman movie.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Gruff182

I'm nowhere near as excited for this movie, mostly because I can't see any villain beating that Joker, in anything.

The trailers are pretty good though. (except the bit at the end that ruins it for me, how the fuck is that tank supposed to have any kind of aerodynamics)

I want to love it though.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By excast

I imagine it will be good, but I can see it falling into the same sort of letdown that we had with Spider Man 3.  Namely, a let down from a really classic villain to something that fewer people care about coupled with the general problem of trying to jam way too many new stories and subplots together.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#46  Edited By Soap

I really hope this film is great, although my expectations have been so high that I will probably be disappointed no matter what, which is really dumb.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

@NaDannMaGoGo said:

@ VierasTalo I suppose our taste differs by a large degree from your comment but still, let's give it a try: Batman Begins better than TDK? How's that? I don't even like the action in Batman Begins with all that close up camera work where you can't figure shit out. And I just don't see an aspect that's worse in TDK really.

Not the guy you were replying to, but I also vastly prefer Batman Begins to TDK. Here's why: (DISCLAIMER: THESE ARE OPINIONS! WHOA!)

Batman Begins captured the brooding and moody atmosphere of Gotham and Batman perfectly. The films focus on fear was spot on for Batman, and the action scenes perfectly reflected Batman "turning fear against those who prey on the fearful." The pacing was tighter, the action though not as much of a spectacle actually made sense. Everything Batman did in BB made perfect sense, they even did a good job explaining why he had "bat ears". The films plot, while less complex, was more focused, direct, and not all over the place like TDK. And I really can't stress enough just how great the pacing was in Batman Begins. Gotham actually felt like Gotham and Batman actually felt and acted like Batman. If you watch the two films back to back it's almost startling how different they feel. In TDK, the moody dark Gotham is completely gone. Batman for some reason no longer uses stealth and fear to fight crime, in favor of just showing up (THEN YOU'RE GONNA LOVE ME). TDK was a fantastic spectacle, but when you watch it a few more times you start to really see through all that. Nearly ever action scene in TDK I queston "why did Bruce do that? That wouldn't actually work. etc.", where as in BB the action makes sense. I don't remember a single scene in TDK where Batman actually uses stealth tactics. In the penthouse party scene, he just shows up. In the nightclub scene he just shows up. The only scene in TDK that made sense for Batman not to use stealth was near the end when he was frantically searching for the Joker. That actually made sense, he didn't have time to do anything intricate.

/rant

Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Revan_NL

As long as it's as good as Batman Begins, the last good Batman movie. The Dark Knight was primarily a good Joker movie, set in Chicago masquerading as Gotham City.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Samaritan

I think I'll wait to see it before I, you know, form an opinion?

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

#50  Edited By Shaunage  Online

I think I'll watch it and then I'll know. I assume I'm really going to like it, but who knows?