• 193 results
#1 Edited by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Christmas, what are you people hoping for this year?

I asked my parents for a mattress, it may sound dull but I've had the same one since I got my bed when I was like 4. You sit on it and just sink the hell down, it also makes fun time not so fun. Oh and I think there getting me a goose feathered pillow, so super excited about that too!

#2 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

Haven't even thought about it yet. Probably ask for a game or two.

#3 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

Probably going to try and save up so I can pick up a projector for myself

#4 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

Nothing really, just to be happy and healthy, I look around and see how little some people have and it makes me so grateful that I have anything at all really.

#5 Posted by raidingkvatch (1157 posts) -

Love.

#6 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

You :)

#7 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

@zyn said:

Well that's kinda creepy in a homoerotic stalkerish way.

#8 Posted by Drazat (171 posts) -

Last christmas i could not walk this year i can i think i allready have my christmas present.

#9 Posted by Hamst3r (4553 posts) -

To not die.

#10 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -

As long as I'm alive I'll be happy. Growing up we were pretty poor so we didn't really do anything for Christmas so getting presents isn't a big deal to me. I still try to get my parents something for Christmas though. New mattress are probably the best thing ever, I just got a new after using the same one for over 10 years, and it's so great to have a bed where the springs don't poke you.

#11 Posted by Trainer_Red (314 posts) -

.... I can't even ask for anything materialistic now without sounding like a dick. Thanks a lot previous entries.

#12 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

@Trainer_Red said:

.... I can't even ask for anything materialistic now without sounding like a dick. Thanks a lot previous entries.

You're still a dick. You should feel bad now and go cry in a corner.

#13 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

@_Zombie_ said:

@zyn said:

Well that's kinda creepy in a homoerotic stalkerish way.

I was just referencing Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is... You" :)

#14 Posted by dcgc (878 posts) -

Videogame related, I want to get the pre-order for GTA V at least. As for the rest I'll just take money. Save it up, because I don't want anything in particular.

#15 Posted by Trainer_Red (314 posts) -

@_Zombie_ said:

@Trainer_Red said:

Wow... since i'm recognized as a dick, I might as well go hard.

I want an iPhone 5 with some really sweet ear phones that are expensive and classy and shit. I would also like cash instead of the annoying gift cards that i'm going to undoubtedly receive. And finally I want a goddamn car with one of those big ass ribbons that you see in dem December to Remember Lexus commercials. It doesn't have to be a Lexus or anything new or nice, but a big red ribbon is essential.

Stick that in your corner and eat a brick.

#16 Posted by NTM (7516 posts) -

Uhhh, well I feel like I'm too old for the whole present from parents thing, but if I did, I'd say the Wii U.

#17 Posted by CookieMonster (2441 posts) -

Flick knife

Various vinyls and cds

External hard drive

Mass Effect 3, Blur and Halo 4

Gang of Four tshirt and other clothes

#18 Posted by audioBusting (1638 posts) -

I wish my entire family can gather for Christmas this year. Also probably a Vita.

#19 Posted by LTSmash (646 posts) -

January 2nd.

#20 Posted by EvilKatarn (465 posts) -

I want to read a bunch of tweets about how kids' parents didn't get them the iPhone 5 of the color they wanted. 

Really, I don't care. Just some good food and booze I guess.

#21 Posted by BillyMethers (149 posts) -

As far as gift related, money. As far as life, just my health.

#22 Posted by Giefcookie (610 posts) -

Cash and maybe some candy.

#23 Posted by PandaBear (1379 posts) -

Monkeys.

#24 Posted by TwoLines (2826 posts) -

To LIVE!

...A new graphics card would be nice too.

#25 Edited by M_Shini (551 posts) -

I bought my WiiU so i guess that's me sorted even if it comes out earlier, although i tried cancelling my order to justify buying a new super PC so i could run Planetside 2 at a high quality and run it well, but i forgot i pre paid for my WiiU so i'm at least going to wait and see how it runs on my current at whatever settings and make a decisions after that so a new pc may still be in the running for me. And i totally need more jeans and hoodys cuz its getting cold and im running out of not ruined pairs.

#26 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -

A couple of books will do me fine.

Though my Dad has been asking me some questions recently that makes it seem like he's getting me some Whisk(e)y. I won't be stopping him.

#27 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (740 posts) -

A self of self-worth not derived from material possessions and an overall sense of contentment.

Oh, and a pinball machine. That'd be sweet!

#28 Posted by AlexW00d (6375 posts) -

Nothing, I buy everything I want for myself already. That and I'm not Christian and thus don't celebrate Christmas.

#29 Posted by mosespippy (4361 posts) -

I don't want anything because I fucking hate consumerism. I'm not getting anyone anything and I tell everyone to not get me anything. It's made the last few christmases a lot less stressful.

#30 Posted by Galiant (2194 posts) -

Wanting anything for christmas feels incredibly juvenile.

#31 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Glad to see a lot of you are not asking for lots of stuff. I approve of the idea of one present given and recived to/from the people you choose to give a gift too.

#32 Posted by ProfessorEss (7465 posts) -

Nothing really. I'm mainly looking forward to playing with the new Lego I bought my son for Christmas.

I'm also hoping that Assassin's Creed III goes on crazy sale on Boxing day like Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations did in previous years.

#33 Edited by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -

@Trainer_Red said:

@_Zombie_ said:

@Trainer_Red said:

Wow... since i'm recognized as a dick, I might as well go hard.

I want an iPhone 5 with some really sweet ear phones that are expensive and classy and shit. I would also like cash instead of the annoying gift cards that i'm going to undoubtedly receive. And finally I want a goddamn car with one of those big ass ribbons that you see in dem December to Remember Lexus commercials. It doesn't have to be a Lexus or anything new or nice, but a big red ribbon is essential.

Stick that in your corner and eat a brick.

Welp, I feel a lot better for asking for shit now.

I really want the Sandman Slipcase Set, and my mum's always asking for for a list despite being 23 and living with my girlfriend of 6 years. We (my siblings and I) always go home for christmas, so it's something of a tradition, and we get to be grown-up kids for a day.

Anyway, I sent my mum my Amazon wish-list, as I didn't want to seem like a dick asking for stuff, and she can choose anything from it without feeling obliged.

I would quite like Far Cry 3 and Halo 4, though...

To be honest, I always enjoy the day itself more than the actual gifts now. Family plus booze and food is always gold. Plus a game we can all play later in the day so it gets competitive as hell (Rummikub, I'm looking at you).

#34 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Cash.

#35 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1811 posts) -

@Trainer_Red: I feel like you should've leaned into it a little more on the whole car thing.

#36 Edited by Ursus_Veritas (383 posts) -

Some books, P4A volume 1 and Resident Evil 6 - which has been slashed to £20-25 most places here already, so I don't feel too bad about asking for it at that price. Should lead to some fun, dumb co-op nonsense over the holidays.  

My family are the sort of people who pester you about Christmas lists from late august onwards, and don't want to just give cash or Amazon vouchers, so every year I ask for books, DVDs and the occasional cheaper game I've held off on buying myself. I can't even remember the last time I asked for something ridiculously expensive (as in something that's £50+) for Christmas, I prefer getting smaller gifts. Oh, not really on my list but I ordered the Lego Bag End set for myself to have as a Present. So that's basically a gift from me that I'll open Christmas day!

#37 Posted by JacDG (2128 posts) -

Some clothes, pants and some shirts, as well as some skiing clothes, concert tickets and maybe some Beats By Dre headphones of some sort. Not really sure what else to put down this year, completely clueless, a few years ago I used to say "how can you NOT know what to want for Christmas?!?"... I'm getting old.

#38 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

Mustard-crusted pig butt.

#39 Posted by NegativeCero (3024 posts) -

I never ask for anything.

#40 Edited by JamesJeux007 (494 posts) -

I buy what I really need at this point, and get what is video-game realated on Steam. So when my family asks what I want, I usually go with something that is not too expensive and easy to get. So a Rubick's Cube and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy it is !

#41 Posted by hwy_61 (941 posts) -

I just want everything to be ok. No fucking surprises that are financially devastating, no crazy natural disasters, none of that shit. I just wanna sit down and relax with a piña colada and play some damn vidja games.

is that too much to ask?!

#42 Posted by FrankieSpankie (228 posts) -

A new wallet, mine's falling apart. And the BluRay for Walking Dead Season 2 along with their new book. Can't really think of anything else I want...

#43 Posted by Alpha1 (254 posts) -

No more Poll threads on the forums ;)

#44 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4845 posts) -

Could do with someone pre-ordering the HotS Collector's Edition for me, I'm too poor to get it myself.

#45 Posted by Empirepaintball (1397 posts) -

A couple of awesome pairs of socks.

#46 Posted by ShockD (2429 posts) -
@hwy_61 said:
I just want everything to be ok. No fucking surprises that are financially devastating, no crazy natural disasters, none of that shit. I just wanna sit down and relax with a piña colada and play some damn vidja games. is that too much to ask?!
Yes, actually.
#47 Posted by fisher81 (535 posts) -

Getting an electric drumkit since I live in a trailer and have to keep my real kit where my band practices.

Since this is my first Christmas having a job, I'm trying to buy decent stuff for my parents this year. For my mom I wanna get the Complete Series of Friends DVD set, since it was her favorite show when I was a kid but missed the last few seasons. No idea what to get my dad. Brother will be satisfied with MSP so he can buy his CoD Map Packs.

#48 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5853 posts) -

I plan on getting a 3DS and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.

#49 Posted by lord_python (96 posts) -

I want a new PC, next year is looking too good to not upgrade.

#50 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I'd like some new hardware to upgrade my computer. Poor little guy's showing his age recently.