What Does a Star Wars Episode VII Do To Existing Canon?

• 106 results
Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

@dagbiker said:

He is given way too much credit for creating Star Wars then he actually deserves. He mostly just bought the rights.

Who created and wrote it? I've never heard and can't find anything to back up your claim.

Lucas wrote Star Wars, but the other two films were not written by him, nor directed by him.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#102  Edited By ProfessorEss

@dagbiker said:
@professoress said:

@dagbiker said:

He is given way too much credit for creating Star Wars then he actually deserves. He mostly just bought the rights.

Who created and wrote it? I've never heard and can't find anything to back up your claim.

Lucas wrote Star Wars, but the other two films were not written by him, nor directed by him.

But he's still the creator and honestly when it comes to Star Wars, I think the one who has to take all the heat (Lucas) deserves more credit than anyone :P

(I so picture him muttering "fuck this shit" or "I'm too old for this shit" as he signed that fat Disney contract.)

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Let's just admit it, the Expanded Universe stuff is fucking stupid. And why is that? Because if you take it as canon, then it makes what happens in the movies less special.

You get Jedi being trained in no time. You have Jedi having kids all the fucking time now. And the Skywalker family is still destined to fall to the darkside? Seriously, another Darth Krayt or whatver. For a period of 3 movies, ok, they are the focus o the story. But you see why the Knights of the old Republic stuff works, because it shows there is more to the universe than these people.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

lol Star Wars lol

Avatar image for pressurepoint14
pressurepoint14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@thehbk: Luke was trained in only a few months. Meanwhile his niece took ten years to becom an apprentice. And I agree the sharing of the awsomeness does make the old republic great. That is what makes the new books so good, there are whole story arcs where the big three make little more than a cameo appearance. And in the most recent book they retire for good.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I think anybody who believes this will follow extended universe stuff is dreaming. It will probably directly contradict all of it. Personally I think that's for the best, because I wouldn't want the movies to be beholden to other stories, even if those stories are good. Even if they are wiped from canon, canon is irrelevant. Those stories will always still exist to be enjoyed, and I don't think the existence of the movies will make them any less interesting.