• 52 results
#1 Edited by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

These are powerful men who have historically all been pretty old as theyve reached the twilight of their presidency. The only president I really know about that did something I noticed after his presidency was Bill Clinton. He wrote an autobiography that was pretty popular in 2004 called My Life - I didn't read it, but I digress.

Barack Obama is in his early 50s. Is he going to retire to his motherland Hawaii and never be heard from again? I doubt it, but I don't really know anything about the guy so fuck, i dunno.

I'm more interested in what other presidents have done in the past. What would you guys do?

#2 Posted by believer258 (11039 posts) -

They get something like $400,00 a year for life after retiring. I don't know about them, but you bet your ass that if I were a newly retired president, I'd also hightail it to Hawaii, change my name, and never be heard from again.

#3 Posted by PenguinDust (12414 posts) -

Usually write a book, go on paid speaking tours and open a library in their name.

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (34594 posts) -
#5 Posted by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

They all write auto-biographies. All the time. Hell, Obama got a head start on his.

jeez it was picked up by a publisher 2 years before he was elected to state senate! i had no idea he was so prolific, its kinda weirding me out

#6 Posted by McGhee (6091 posts) -

Get paid piles of money to give shitty speeches and get laid day and night.

#7 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

most of them become Ambassadors.traveling the world,talking to other countries. very few presidents just say fuck it and bail. most of the time these guys have been in politics thier whole life and they dont know what else to do but politics. except kennedy. he would have ruled the world with an iron dick!

#8 Posted by Video_Game_King (34594 posts) -

@McGhee said:

Most of them are married old guys, so I doubt how much sense your assertion makes.

#9 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

A good president will continue with what they pushed for during their presidency. IE Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton, a bad president will cash in all their dirty money checks from lobbyists IE George Bush and George Bush the sequel

#10 Posted by McGhee (6091 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@McGhee said:

Most of them are married old guys, so I doubt how much sense your assertion makes.

You're kidding, right? You think fucking Bill Clinton is going home to that old cow, Hillary, every night?

Married old rich, powerful guys with fucking personal security details to do their dirty work can get away with whatever they want, and you think they're living clean lives? Please.

#11 Posted by Jimbo (9708 posts) -

"Here's my real birth certificate LOL bye"

#12 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

A good president will continue with what they pushed for during their presidency. IE Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton, a bad president will cash in all their dirty money checks from lobbyists IE George Bush and George Bush the sequel

jimmy carter owns, he was literally too good of a person to be a president

#13 Posted by kindgineer (2484 posts) -

Generally they continue to push forward on their ideals that they supported while they were presidents. More do it than some, but most do it for a small amount of time. I think it would be interesting to really read something about the common-goal of post-presidency. I wouldn't be surprised if people honestly don't care about it since the make-shift title no longer hangs over their head.

#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (34594 posts) -

@McGhee:

And you think the first thing he did out of office was enter another sex scandal?

#15 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

Eat stuff... maybe.

#16 Posted by McGhee (6091 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@McGhee:

And you think the first thing he did out of office was enter another sex scandal?

You are incredibly naive for being the King of the Moon or whatever.

#17 Posted by Video_Game_King (34594 posts) -

@McGhee:

And you're mentally imbalanced to think somebody wants to have sex with George W. Bush.

#18 Posted by McGhee (6091 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@McGhee:

And you're mentally imbalanced to think somebody wants to have sex with George W. Bush.

Eh? "Wanting?" What does wanting have to do with it when there's a pile of cash on the table?

#19 Posted by Video_Game_King (34594 posts) -

@McGhee said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@McGhee:

Eh? "Wanting?" What does wanting have to do with it when there's a pile of cash on the table?

People are gonna ask where you got all that money, and you really want to tell them that it was by fucking George Bush?

#20 Posted by ThePickle (4149 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

And a great president goes on expeditions in Africa and South America.

#21 Posted by DarthOrange (3496 posts) -

I think it is funny how no one has even bothered to mention that Romney could sweep up the election and take Obama out of office (If hell freezes over, that is).

#22 Posted by McGhee (6091 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@McGhee said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@McGhee:

People are gonna ask where you got all that money, and you really want to tell them that it was by fucking George Bush?

You've never heard of lying? And what person would be talking? That would be a good way to end up room temperature in a park.

#23 Posted by fetchfox (1158 posts) -

@PenguinDust: Pretty much what he said.

#24 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Speaking from experience, I just chill out on Giant Bomb.

#25 Posted by Video_Game_King (34594 posts) -

@McGhee:

They'll know you're lying. You can't keep something like that secret. Didn't Clinton teach you that? Or Kennedy? Or Jefferson?

#26 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

To be fair, "George W. Bush" would be a great nickname for somebody's lady-parts.

#27 Posted by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

@DarthOrange said:

I think it is funny how no one has even bothered to mention that Romney could sweep up the election and take Obama out of office (If hell freezes over, that is).

oops. good point.

#28 Posted by Video_Game_King (34594 posts) -

@Ravenlight:

Really? George?

#29 Posted by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

@believer258 said:

They get something like $400,00 a year

40,000 or 400,000?

#30 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

Most probably do public speeches and go on their own agenda to help out poorer countries.

#31 Posted by believer258 (11039 posts) -

@thedj93 said:

@believer258 said:

They get something like $400,00 a year

40,000 or 400,000?

I missed a zero. On the end.

#32 Posted by dungbootle (2454 posts) -

Fuck bitches all day

#33 Posted by Chaser324 (5958 posts) -

Write your memoirs, get paid to make public appearances and speeches, and probably some philanthropy here and there.

#34 Posted by mandude (2667 posts) -

Probably go on a pilgrimage to Mecca, before moving back to Kenya and starting up an anti-USA terrorist cell.

#35 Posted by TyCobb (1924 posts) -

When they get older, they retire from politics completely and then stage knife fights between their secret service guards.

#36 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1583 posts) -

Garden? Build houses? I dunno.

#37 Edited by chrissedoff (2041 posts) -

They get paid $100,000 per speech by all the rich people and corporations they did favors for while in office.

#38 Posted by Vigil (230 posts) -

@mandude said:

Probably go on a pilgrimage to Mecca, before moving back to Kenya and starting up an anti-USA terrorist cell.

Only one problem with that, most Kenyan's are Christian.

#39 Posted by Noisician (76 posts) -

Bush Jr. goes to a lot of Texas Rangers games, sits next to Nolan Ryan.

#40 Posted by mandude (2667 posts) -
@Vigil

@mandude said:

I'll not let you cloud my opinions with your facts.
#41 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

@mandude said:

@Vigil

@mandude said:

I'll not let you cloud my opinions with your facts.

that's the American way

#42 Posted by FriedConsole (53 posts) -

@Noisician said:

Bush Jr. goes to a lot of Texas Rangers games, sits next to Nolan Ryan.

Came here to say that. I always get seats above and I can see GWBs growing bald spot. Nolan Ryan has a sweet TV setup on the inside infield wall. GWB always talks to Nolan and Laura talks Nolan's wife. Only two Secret Service guys that I can see and they dress like fans going to a baseball game without the logos on their shirts. One faces out and the other is watching the game behind the GWB I guess in case one of the players wants to take a shot at the ex-president?

#43 Posted by TheHumanDove (2396 posts) -

They join the illuminati

#44 Posted by pyromagnestir (3947 posts) -

@CL60 said:

I hate to break it to you Al, but you lost. GWB was president from 2000-2007. Didn't you figure it out when you didn't have to run for reelection in '04?

What I'd like to see from an ex president is an illustrious rap career, some time as the WWE (including a shot at the belt) and then retiring and moving to China.

#45 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@pyromagnestir

@CL60 said:

I hate to break it to you Al, but you lost. GWB was president from 2000-2007. Didn't you figure it out when you didn't have to run for reelection in '04?

What I'd like to see from an ex president is an illustrious rap career, some time as the WWE (including a shot at the belt) and then retiring and moving to China.

WHAT?

I thought I just did a really good job.
#46 Posted by Video_Game_King (34594 posts) -

@pyromagnestir:

I think he meant he was president of Canadia.

#47 Posted by pyromagnestir (3947 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Huh? What are you talking about? @CL60: is Al Gore. I thought this was public knowledge... I'd be worried about outing him like that, but since he lost I don't think anybody with any real power would care.

#48 Posted by Pox22 (342 posts) -

There has in the course of history been presidents who continued to have active political careers after their terms--Taft even became the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court after his presidency. He was much better judge than president.

#49 Posted by billyhoush (1186 posts) -

Obviously play video games.

#50 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (2592 posts) -

Play the board game "War"