• 66 results
#1 Posted by AzHP (156 posts) -

I'm extremely bored at work today, so I figured I'd ask you guys what your desk at work (or home, if you don't have a desk job) looks like. Here's mine. I've collected monitors as my coworkers leave and snatched up their monitors before IT comes to take them away.

#2 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

I would take a picture, but it's mostly just drawings everywhere. Jealous of the four monitors. We've been trying to get my firm to upgrade ours, yet they've refused. Hopefully the library job we just got will give some more money for that.

#3 Posted by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -

Yo dawg, I heard you like threads...

#4 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

My desk is buried under layers of crap. Looking into getting a second monitor too.

#5 Posted by RaikohBlade (593 posts) -

At home, I've got my 17" laptop right in front of me with a 26" HDTV to the right of it. I've got a bookshelf attached to the desk, and its behind the computer and the tv. At my college dorm, I use a similar setup minus the bookshelf. I use my tv for my game consoles and sometimes I use it as an alternate computer monitor when watching videos online. 

#6 Edited by CharlesAlanRatliff (5371 posts) -

... so I put a thread in your thread...
#7 Posted by Hamst3r (4435 posts) -

There used to be a third monitor up there, but I didn't like how much space it took up.

#8 Posted by AzHP (156 posts) -

@CaLe: I think my back would die if I used a computer at that height all the time...do you live in Japan? For some reason that room has a very Japanese feel to it.

#9 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i don't have a job, but my home computer looks like cups every where, a keyboard and mouse, and remote for the tv.

#10 Edited by DuskVamp (681 posts) -

Always be snacking.
#11 Posted by Tophat666 (229 posts) -

I wish I had a better digital camera but this my set up.

(From left to right) My current generation video game rack(all the PS2, GC, DS, 3DS, PSP games won't fit so they're on another shelf). 32" LCD LG 1080p HDTV (For games), & you can't really see it but underneath it is the hub for my 5.1 sound system. In between the 2 screens is my Turtle Beach X41 7.1 Surround Sound Headset. 19" LCD Samsung HDTV (What I use to use for gaming until I bought the 32" on Black Friday, now it's my Computer monitor), & the computer is a 2008 Mac Mini underneath it as well. Finally, my console stand with my Wii, PS3, PS2(fat, I have 2 slims in other places in the apt), & 360. Also yes, that is a Persona 3 poster (Ebay $10, but the frame i bought for it was $20), as well as a Scott Pilgrim poster from the boxset (Also in a frame but for $10).

(Things out of frame) My Rock Band Drum Kit under my desk, along with 10 or so GH/RB guitars(PS2, & 360 combine) , RB mic w/stand, RB keyboard, & one of my DJ Hero controllers. Under the main consoles is my Gamecube, N64, my 3DS charge stand, & one of the Slim PS2's.

#12 Posted by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -
It looks similar to this but there's a 360 to the left of the monitor there. This picture is like a year old, but still very similar and cleaner.
#13 Posted by JCTango (1358 posts) -
@AzHP said:

@CaLe: I think my back would die if I used a computer at that height all the time...do you live in Japan? For some reason that room has a very Japanese feel to it.

I totally said that out loud when I saw CaLe's picture before I even read your reply!

@AzHP
No fair!  Your desk totally rocks! Lucky lucky!
#14 Posted by Ricerx (63 posts) -
A GG Button is the sign of class  
#15 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3095 posts) -

Currently it looks awful because I've got a bunch of shit on it since I'm moving. I might upload when I move. 

#16 Posted by crusader8463 (14411 posts) -

Don't have a recent photo, but it's pretty barren and nothing to look at. I sadly don't have a computer chair to sit in when at my desk so I have my monitor sitting on the corner and I sit on my bed and play stuff from there. I have the computer tower- a silver Dell XPS 720 case-, my broken PS3, my router, a couple USB cables, my MP3 player and the black lock box from the GTA 4 collectors edition that has a bunch of important files in it like my student loan papers and payment slips from work.

#17 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5137 posts) -

Only thing on mine is my computer, nice and clean.

#18 Posted by Fobwashed (1886 posts) -

Purple dust sponge!!

#19 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

My desk is nice and clean, lets me be more productive

#20 Posted by YoThatLimp (1877 posts) -

I work from home all the time. Messy at the moment, sorry!

From Left to Right: Xbox w/ 24" monitor, personal 17" laptop, my work laptop with router, modem and wireless RAP on top (Dell 6410) and then my two Dell 23" monitors plugged into my work laptop.

#21 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

That monitor sitting on the Xbox makes me anxious. I realize that it's probably totally fine, but it just feels risky somehow.

#22 Posted by YoThatLimp (1877 posts) -

@Slaker117 said:

That monitor sitting on the Xbox makes me anxious. I realize that it's probably totally fine, but it just feels risky somehow.

Hah, it is sturdier than you would think!

#23 Posted by HistoryInRust (6267 posts) -

I like how clean your guys' desks are. Wish I could keep my workspace looking like that.

#24 Posted by rmanthorp (3851 posts) -

@Slaker117 said:

Yeah I would freak out.

#25 Posted by amir90 (2153 posts) -

At the moment, quite messy, probably will clean it up when Uni starts again.

#26 Posted by James_ex_machina (905 posts) -

A newer MacPro and 2 24" monitors. Behind my computer against the cubicle wall is my wall of pop tart boxes I'm building. 10 boxes sofar!

#27 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Only half the desk but it's pretty much clean aside from one very sleepy kitty.

#28 Posted by Fattony12000 (6954 posts) -
Stream that E3 2011
#29 Posted by DuskVamp (681 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay: Awwwww sooo fluffyyyy
#30 Posted by AzHP (156 posts) -

@DuskVamp: Holy hell that is a baller setup.

So I came in to work today to find that I no longer have space on my desk to put my laptop. (I know, first world problems).

#31 Posted by AlexW00d (6167 posts) -
Not as classy as some, but it gets the job done.
#32 Posted by tineyoghurt (358 posts) -

@AzHP: For what kind of job do you need three computers? That's like monitor overload.

#33 Posted by Rawrnosaurous (768 posts) -
#34 Edited by AzHP (156 posts) -

@tineyoghurt said:

@AzHP: For what kind of job do you need three computers? That's like monitor overload.

Main computer: Development. Left monitor is for email, center left monitor is for writing code, center right is for chat rooms and instant messaging, right monitor is for my web browser.

Laptop: Working from home, need it out sometimes to synchronize files on my desktop. Also, I watch the Persona 4 endurance run on it during breaks.

Mac: Since we have to support different operating systems and game consoles, I sometimes have to download and compile the code I write on a different operating system. That Mac just happened to be not in use as of today because my old boss is quitting today.

#35 Edited by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

@DuskVamp said:

@PhatSeeJay: Awwwww sooo fluffyyyy

She's so fluffy I could die! :D

#36 Posted by DuskVamp (681 posts) -

Everyone's dual monitors are making me feel inferior. I should have brought the laptop in here for that picture.

#37 Posted by mrangryface (774 posts) -

An altar to the Razer product line; doubles as a night-light.

#38 Posted by Pandasaurus (115 posts) -
 Emma Watson hanging out on my wall- no big thang
 l2r: 24' LG, XboxSlim (standing up because i am fearless), 2x 19' Dell UltraSharps and my Medion laptop running it all
#39 Posted by DuskVamp (681 posts) -
Screw it, I had to bring in the laptop... and the ladder. 
#40 Posted by supermike6 (3530 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay said:

Only half the desk but it's pretty much clean aside from one very sleepy kitty.

DUDE I HAVE THE SAME MUG. IT'S LIKE WE ARE COUSINS OR SOMETHING.
#41 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -
 Spicy.
#42 Edited by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Yes, there are plants growing out of my computer.
Well, that's not really true... But I wish it was!
#43 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@Hamst3r: What is that electric guitar? It looks baller.

My plan for tonight is to clean my room. expect after photos.

#44 Posted by Hamst3r (4435 posts) -

@nintendoeats: It's an Ibanez something something. I forgot the exact model, but it went out of production not long after I bought it.

#45 Posted by DuskVamp (681 posts) -
@Jasta: High five for having the same mouse pad and mouse as me.
#46 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

Kinda like Berlin did right after World War 2.

#47 Posted by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -
Updated my desk picture. Don't mind the Kinect, I don't know where to put it when it's not in use.
#48 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -
@CaLe said:
Why do you have a camera in that position? Did a sexy foreign exchange student ever stay in your room? 
#49 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -
@DuskVamp said:
@Jasta: High five for having the same mouse pad and mouse as me.

So I do. Sadly it doesn't compare to my old mouse, which is broken and I can't find a replacement for. D=

Goodnight, Sweet Prince.
#50 Posted by Malphye (413 posts) -

Recently brought a new desk from staples. So glad I did, my equipment deserved better.