#1 Posted by GiantAlston (93 posts) -

Right now, i'm in my college class. My teacher is explaining things that could probably be on the next test. But, due to my low attention span, I am on giant bomb reading video game related content. So my question is, what do you do when your suppose to be doing something else?

#2 Edited by Sbaitso (535 posts) -

GO BACK TO CLASS.

#3 Posted by laserbolts (5322 posts) -

Play videogames or drink.

#4 Edited by Deathdealer108 (291 posts) -

@Sbaitso said:

GO BACK TO CLASS.

THIS x 1,000,000. I can't stand people who PAY to attend classes and don't pay attention. I've seen this way too much. I saw someone browsing Reddit, a dude Playing Starcraft II, and the worst, 2 people competing in League of Legends for a 3 hour lecture clicking like crazy. Its pretty fucking obvious what you are doing. I really wish professors said something about it when it is so blatantly rude to them.

#5 Posted by betterboulder (190 posts) -

Domyou.

#6 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

Don't wanna sound like a lamer, but you should really focus on class, friend. To answer your question, I just go on the internet to goof off, pretty standard stuff.

#7 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

i do what i allways do.fuck around on the internet. fucking internet even stops me from doing shit i wanna do. i really wanna get off here and finish resident evil 4,but i keep telling myself ill just check out one more website or ill just stop by the fourums real quick. two hours later im still here.

#8 Posted by MB (12429 posts) -

"Your" in college?

#9 Posted by Sbaitso (535 posts) -

@MB: Hopefully he isn't in an English class right now.

#10 Posted by Scrawnto (2450 posts) -

Doodle or read the forums on Giant Bomb, depending on whether I'm in front of my computer.

#11 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

I am actually at work right this second.

#12 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

I am actually at work right this second.

Same. The trick is to jam as much Giant Bomb as possible into the cracks in your workload without looking like too much of a slacker.

#13 Posted by Bigandtasty (3203 posts) -

Browse internet a lot; hoping to get that more in the direction of actually getting gaming goals done (if I'm going to procrastinate might as well knock something off the backlog) or sleep, exercise, etc.

#14 Posted by RPGee (759 posts) -

I hate seeing people doing random shit in a lecture or class, even though it really shouldn't. I'll admit to procrastinating outside of class, say when I should be doing work at home, but if you're going to a lecture just to fuck around, then wouldn't it be better to fuck around outside of the lecture? That's why I don't bring my laptop or phone out in classes.

Otherwise, in procrastination mode, I'll look around tvtropes.org, watch incessant amounts of GB videos, or play something mindless like Terraria while listening to a podcast. They all waste amazing amounts of time.

#15 Posted by believer258 (11915 posts) -

Take a nap. Play video games. Dick around on the 'net.

If I'm supposed to be doing something and I'm not doing it, do you really think I would do anything even close to "work"? No!

#16 Posted by ShaggE (6457 posts) -

All of the things. If there were a nation of procrastination, I'd be the president.

But like others have said: Duder, you're in college, not high school. Wouldn't it benefit you to be listening? At least record the lecture and go over it later.

#17 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -

According to your "mini bio" you're studying to become a video game developer, so you're not completely off-topic there I guess.

#18 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

You're. A combination of you and are.

Supposed. Not suppose.

You should probably pay more attention in class.

#19 Posted by j0lter (236 posts) -

It's a video game website. What do you think?

#20 Posted by kgb0515 (411 posts) -

I have a LOT of downtime at work, so I spend a lot of it here. It's the only game site that our firewall doesn't fully block, and that's how I found GB. We fell in love shortly after.

#21 Posted by GiantAlston (93 posts) -

Holy cow I forgot to check this one :P I had my homework completed for the class and I already read the chapter. Currently my lowest grade in college is a "B" and no I am not worried about spelling and grammar when I am typing using a cellphone.

~thanks :P

#22 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@PrivateIronTFU said:

You should probably pay more attention in class.

#23 Posted by InsidiousBliss (38 posts) -

The past few days I have been reading the GB forums and replying to issues of little importance. Ah, regrets :)