#1 Posted by Jamer91 (132 posts) -

I'm going to buy an energy drink today and I was wondering what the best kind is? I realize that its bad for your health but i don't get them too often.

#2 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1667 posts) -

Sugar free Red Bull or a Rockstar.

#3 Edited by zityz (2360 posts) -

Depends on where you live. If you can get yourself a Canadian Beaver Buzz, do so. Those things are by far the worst ones( and by worst I mean most effective) I've ever seen.  If not some Starbucks ones are nice, and some flavors of Monster aren't too bad.

I've stopped drinking those things for about 2 years now . I just stick to coffee myself.

#4 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Monster, Rockstar and Red Bull are liquid bubblegum, I'd go for a house product, those are the best in my store.

#5 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -
@zityz said:
" If you can get yourself a Canadian Beaver Buzz, do so.  "

Quite possibly the greatest name for a drink I have ever heard.
#6 Posted by oatz (1103 posts) -

Monster Energy Ripper (the yellow one) is awesome. Regular Monster tastes like shite, though.

#7 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -

Red Bull. They have like 710 ml cans of it now, get one and get a heart murmur. 

#8 Posted by YoctoYotta (541 posts) -

Dude, you're already way ahead of the game. Don't start now, you'll just have to quit later.

#9 Posted by Jamer91 (132 posts) -
@zityz said:
" Depends on where you live. If you can get yourself a Canadian Beaver Buzz, do so. Those things are by far the worst ones( and by worst I mean most effective) I've ever seen.  If not some Starbucks ones are nice, and some flavors of Monster aren't too bad. I've stopped drinking those things for about 2 years now . I just stick to coffee myself. "
I live in Canada and I have never heard of "Canadian Beaver Buzz" lmao. I'll look around for it. Ive never tried any of the starbuck's drinks so ill pick one up. Does sugar free Red Bull taste different then regular Red Bull?
#10 Posted by Jamer91 (132 posts) -
@YoctoYotta said:
" Dude, you're already way ahead of the game. Don't start now, you'll just have to quit later. "
I can quit anytime I want! lol :P.  I wont get hooked on them, they are just good for the occasional late night essay or assignment.
#11 Posted by BeachThunder (11792 posts) -

Resist!

#12 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5253 posts) -

Rockstar Juiced. It's energy drink with fruit juice and they are actually pretty damn good.

#13 Posted by zityz (2360 posts) -
@Jamer91 said:
" @zityz said:
" Depends on where you live. If you can get yourself a Canadian Beaver Buzz, do so. Those things are by far the worst ones( and by worst I mean most effective) I've ever seen.  If not some Starbucks ones are nice, and some flavors of Monster aren't too bad. I've stopped drinking those things for about 2 years now . I just stick to coffee myself. "
I live in Canada and I have never heard of "Canadian Beaver Buzz" lmao. I'll look around for it. Ive never tried any of the starbuck's drinks so ill pick one up. Does sugar free Red Bull taste different then regular Red Bull? "
To be honest, I wouldn't know. Id say it would be like drinking something diet. Besides that, Red Bull in Canada are junk compared to the US counterpart. 
 and for everyone else.. 

Yup, that's a Beaver breaking a hockey stick in two... Amazing isn't it? 
#14 Posted by Tordah (2476 posts) -
@wolf_blitzer85 said:
" Rockstar Juiced. It's energy drink with fruit juice and they are actually pretty damn good. "
This!
#15 Posted by OneManX (1685 posts) -

Personal favs.. Full Throttle: Blue Demon and Rockstar 

I also like the Monster mixed with coffee, it's a bad combination that goes horribly right.

#16 Posted by warxsnake (2645 posts) -

guru

#17 Posted by JaredA (822 posts) -

Red Bull all the way!

#18 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

#19 Posted by _Phara0h_ (889 posts) -

I always buy the cheap stuff or rockstar because it's only 10cent more and taste a little different..

#20 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

I live in Sweden and the ones I drink are Rockstar Original, Powerking, Red Bull and Burn Energy

My all time favorite is Burn Energy

#21 Posted by JoMate (241 posts) -

get some europe Red Bull dude, those are the best by far

#22 Posted by sixpin (1287 posts) -

I like NOS. Kind of surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet. 

I never took an interest in energy drinks until Giant Bomb. All those mail bag videos and old Bombcast segments about energy drinks made me try them out. In all fairness, I have to admit that I find most energy drinks pretty disgusting.

#23 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5813 posts) -

Bawls

#24 Posted by Jamer91 (132 posts) -
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
" Monster, Rockstar and Red Bull are liquid bubblegum, I'd go for a house product, those are the best in my store. "
what is a "house product"?
#25 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

Red Bull is the only energy drink that I actually enjoy the taste of.

#26 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@Jamer91 said:

" @TaliciaDragonsong said:

" Monster, Rockstar and Red Bull are liquid bubblegum, I'd go for a house product, those are the best in my store. "
what is a "house product"? "
House brand, that's what I was talking about.

1. A proprietary brand of merchandise sold by one retailer and often bearing the name of the retailer.
2. An item of merchandise sold under a house brand, usually at a lower price than an equivalent name-brand item.
#27 Posted by Hotcakesman (40 posts) -

Rockstar Zero carb tastes the best 
but if u r going for pure power.. the Giant Triple Strength Rockstar is the way to go

#28 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -
@Lemoncookie01 said:
" Sugar free Red Bull or a Rockstar. "
auwww sugar free red bull taste nasty. 

get some monster, red monster taste good also. red bull also taste good.  

if your of age, you should put some jagermeister in it also. it taste like candy.
#29 Edited by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

House brands are also known as semi-generic products. 

I quit drinking this stuff when I turned thirty. It gave me severe heartburn. I really think all these ED's are alike and therefor cannot recommend any of them. If you do need your caffeine rush, go for a strong cup/mug of coffee instead.

Oh, this 'Rockstar' drink doesn't happen to have anything to do with the GTA developer/publisher, does it? 

#30 Posted by ajamafalous (11929 posts) -

Red Bull.

#31 Posted by dudeglove (7718 posts) -

ugh, don't drink any of that shit. Coffee and sugar is all you need.

#32 Posted by bartok (2455 posts) -

They have this powder stuff you snort. The powder doesn't have a brand name of sorts and it can be kind of pricey but damned if it doesn't work better then any energy drink out there.

#33 Posted by EpicSteve (6479 posts) -

Rockstar Recovery. It only has 20 calories and virtually no sugar. The drink also contain several vitamins, including a large dose of B12. Most energy drinks are very fattening and genrally horrible in everyway something can be horrible for your figure and health. It comes in a yellow can and is only available in Lemon, at least in my area (Cincinnati).

#34 Posted by Gamer_152 (14065 posts) -

All of them!... Or failing that you can't go wrong with Red Bull.

#35 Posted by WildFloyd (127 posts) -

out of a lot of wacky ones i've tried, regular red bull remains my favorite

#36 Posted by tumes (206 posts) -

Xenergy tastes great, has 0 calories and packs a pretty good kick (Caffeine plus decent servings of b vitamins). That or 5 hour energy.

#37 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

Monster best tasting one

#38 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

If you want something to wake you up Five Hour Energy is the best bet.

#39 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

I've stopped with energy drinks, they don't do anything to me and I've starting lifting and eating better so it's been months since I've had one.

#40 Posted by Steve_Ramirez (1257 posts) -

I'm a big fan of Monster. 

#41 Posted by AURON570 (1673 posts) -

I have a Monster occasionally, they are so damn expensive man, same with coffee. I don't really like coffee, too hot. And it sort of feels like cheating you know?

#42 Posted by Jamer91 (132 posts) -

I was at the convenience store and I decided to go with Guru. It tasted disgusting :S. I think ill stick with Rockstar Recovery from now on, I like how it tastes like lemonade and it has a bunch of added benefits. as a side topic, does anyone know any tea's that give you more energy?

#43 Edited by CharleyTony (923 posts) -

first off, don't drink that stuff !! 

secondly, red bull and (green) Monster make great drinks ( I usually use vodka) 

third: go to an asian market and get that old school red bull syrup, I really miss those... 

can somebody tell me the difference between European, American and Canadian Red Bull ?
#44 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

No Fear is my favorite, most others taste like pish 

#45 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -
@Jamer91: There used to be a tea called Rocket Fuel but it's been discontinued
I've seen Rocket Fuel Coffee but it isn't as good as the tea
#46 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

Screw the deadbeats in this thread saying it's bad for you and buy yourself the biggest can in the store.  Doesn't matter the brand; they all have the same taste.  Sugary, fruity soda.  Down it in three gulps, ignore the pain in your chest, and enjoy your evening.

#47 Posted by Jamer91 (132 posts) -

It may have tasted awful but guru certainly did the trick :S. all I remember about last night is that managed to finish all of my homework for the week, work-out, finish getting all the achievements for Oblivion, get 6 more achievements for halo reach, clean my room, scan/defragment my computer,  organize my laundry and organize my school bag. :S