What games would you like to see made into different genres?

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By crusader8463

The title says it all. What games have you played that you thought would be better or just as much fun in a different genre? Or just games that you would like to see make the jump to a different genre and why you think they would work there.

For me i wouldn't mind seeing:   

Pokemon be made into an MMO
In many ways the game is an offline singleplayer MMO as it is, not to mention the way the games and world of Pokemon are designed fits perfectly into an MMO environment. Needing to grind all of those Pokemon to a level cap, while improving special traits for yourself as a trainer that boost your Pokemon attacks in a battle. Building a reputation as a Pokemon trainer while traveling the globe collecting badges from gym leaders. Or if your not interested in battling they could have a whole section of the game devoted to breeding and raising the best Pokemon. Then trading them with other like minded people or selling them to trainers looking for the best Pokemon to take into battle. Putting them in competitions to test you're breeding skills against others. It's the ultimate time sink of game design and it fits perfectly into a huge world famous property loved by millions. Not to mention it would be nice to finally have one place to keep and show off all of your Pokemon instead of needing to do it all over again every time a new game comes out.

Star Was Battlefront be made into a turn based strategy game like Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced

I love the Star Wars universe and how easily the franchise lends itself to basic archetypes or classes for a game. So to see characters based on those roles --Jedi, Sith, Bounty Hunter, Soldier, Smuggler etc-- be converted into the class system of a game like FF:TA's seems like an easy thing to do. The addicting quality of FF:TA's combat and class leveling system combined with the amazing worlds and characters of Star Wars with their heroic archetypes seems like it would be a perfect fit. Plus it would be nice to see a TBS(Turn Based Strategy) game set in a Sci-Fi universe for a change instead of the over saturated fantasy settings. 

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Alex_Murphy

I wouldn't mind an FPS Starcraft in the same vein of Doom / Quake. I think I'd like that more than the third person sneaking around Ghost game Blizzard was working on.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By penguindust

I'd like to see a game Pokemon styled game set in the SMT universes.  How about you play some dude (or chick) who can access persona and demons, then you go around battling all the characters from the previous games with their main character being the equivalent of a gym leader.  Make your way to Gekkoukan High and battle Junpei of Persona 3, then go to Inaba for a round against Persona 4's Chie, then off to the past to fight Raidou Kuzunoha from Devil Summoner 2 then forward again to challenge Argilla from Digital Devil Saga.  Build your library of personas and demons to forge new ones to battle higher ranked opponents and catalog the entire roster of entities.  This game is meant to be a DS or PSP game, too.  This is entirely a fan service project so any disagreement with storylines would be ignored...also the female characters would have an unlockable bikini option. ;-p

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel
@PenguinDust: There are already Pokemon-style SMT games.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By penguindust
@Hailinel:  I was thinking something along the idea of Final Fantasy: Dissidia but not a straight up fighting game, so I suggested the Pokemon format.
Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Warhammer 40k MMOFPS 
That'd be the shit

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic

i cant pick anything.... Mass Effect into a FPS i guess

Smarter_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Smarter_Martyr

Gears of War chess. Dom can be the queen.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Hailinel: 

Yea, it's sort of called Devil Survivor. Or were you thinking of something else?
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By wefwefasdf

A Pokemon MMO would be really cool and could have a lot of potential. :D

Disengage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Disengage

Madden NFL 11 should be a tower defense game.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By bed
@Disengage said:
" Madden NFL 11 should be a tower defense game. "
i approve 
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By xyzygy

I think there aready is a Pokemon MMO, it's called Pokemon World Online.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Seedofpower
@AjayRaz said:
" @Disengage said:
" Madden NFL 11 should be a tower defense game. "
i approve  "
Me too. haha

Grand theft auto Rts..... I don't know how that would work but I think it would be cool.
raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By raidingkvatch

Left 4 Dead as third person action-rpg

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By iam3green

i would want to see more games that are FPS into like a RPG element type of game. u can level up grenades to make them more powerful. yeah, things like that.

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

I dunno.....Forza motorsport into a 1D MMO game?Ahright,that just crossed the line of major bullshit.
Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

How about Grand Theft Auto entirely in seamless first person? It would be sorta like Half Life meets Morrowind.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Damian

Oddworld MMORPG.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By animateria

Fuck Pokemon MMO, I just want a Pokemon Tactics!

Also SMT pokemon? Look no further than Demikids for the GBA. It wasn't that great but I beat it anyways.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By penguindust
@Smarter_Martyr said:
" Gears of War chess. Dom can be the queen. "
Whatever happened to the Gears of War golf game?  Anyone know?  I know it was a tech demo, but there were also rumors it would be released as a downloadable for cheap fun.