• 111 results
#1 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -

#2 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -

I decided to group the choices by age rather than by education level or something similar for the sake of precision.

I'm just curious to see the period of peoples' lives that people enjoyed the more or found the most fulfilling.

I'm 18. I'd say that the best time of my life so far was in the 5 - 10 year old period (around the 8 - 10 mark, specifically) because hanging out with friends was a blast back then and school was something that I didn't take very seriously and didn't really have to, either.

#3 Edited by I_smell (3924 posts) -

...That's a really weird question. I dunno, cos there's good times, but there's never bin a time where I thought "Alright this is perfect, everything's awesome". There's ups and downs in every choice.

I'll say leaving highschool though, like 2006-2007. I had the most friends then, and hung out with em all the most often. Even though I was a loser nerd virgin who stayed in n played videogames all the time, I also went on drunk holidays and went to parties n met up n laughed around every week.

Oh and I'm 21.

#4 Posted by blindisaac (141 posts) -

I just turned 20 and I am in college right now. This is the best time of my life so far. So many new friends and opportunities. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -

@I_smell: If the exact period isn't there, just choose the most approximate one. I'm interested in seeing if things skew younger or older.

#6 Posted by LikeaSsur (1513 posts) -

Junior and Senior year, and then freshman year of college definitely. My version of heaven is where I just live in that age range for eternity.

#7 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

Well most people here are like around 20, so it's PROBABLY NOT gonna skew higher than that.

#8 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -

@I_smell: True, should have probably made the periods a bit smaller then, heh. Still, looking at the A, B and C option results fulfills that purpose and reading the comments is interesting.

#9 Posted by SadPatrol (500 posts) -

I'm 20 and currently having the best time of my life. This poll makes me realize that it wont last :(

#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

The 1920s-30s. I got shit done in that vague time period.

#11 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5353 posts) -

These are some weird poll options; but last two years of High School were great.

#12 Posted by foggel (2763 posts) -

College I guess. Only worries I had was the exams like twice a year.

#13 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5353 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Nice Job Hoover.

#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Fredchuckdave:

I, sir, am not a vacuum!

#15 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5353 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Dam you to hell!

#16 Posted by uniform (1835 posts) -

Early teens to late twenties. So far 35-40 has been really bland and repetitive. Work work work, sleep, more work.

#17 Posted by mlarrabee (2927 posts) -

I'm a guy, so I don't have those.

BOOM, sexist joke!

Eleven to twelve. I had a Commodore Amiga, Commander Keen, mutual flirtation with an adorable girl, no responsibilities, and all the time in the world.

#18 Posted by csl316 (8457 posts) -

Probably right now.  I'm 27, almost done paying off school, and really enjoying myself.  Good times.

#19 Posted by pyromagnestir (4299 posts) -

12 to present (I'm currently 26), or, as they shall be referred to in my autobiography, the masturbation years.

#20 Posted by ShaggE (6422 posts) -

9 to 11 was pretty good. Right now is looking up as well.

#21 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -
@pyromagnestir said:

12 to present (I'm currently 26), or, as they shall be referred to in my autobiography, the masturbation years.

My autobiography will just be CALLED the masturbation years.
#22 Posted by pyromagnestir (4299 posts) -

@I_smell said:

@pyromagnestir said:

My autobiography will just be CALLED the masturbation years.

God damn it why didn't I think of that! Aw well... I'll just stick with the name I had originally picked, Why the Fuck Are You Reading This?

#23 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

I'm 17 and I've really had my ups and downs; there hasn't been a consistently "good" time in my life. This is definitely the most exciting and high stakes time of my life though, and there are definitely potentially good times ahead of me. I guess I'll have to just wait and see at this point because life hasn't been terrific since I've turned 17 last February but it hasn't been bad necessarily either.

#24 Posted by TooWalrus (13169 posts) -

Well, when I was 7 my dad died, and when I was 13 I was ripped apart from everyone I loved to travel as a Missionaries Kid... I'm 22 now, and even though most of my time is split between a sucky job and a sucky university, I still feel like this is the best my life has ever been. Though I've got a feeling the future's going to better- by far.

#25 Posted by DystopiaX (5300 posts) -

Dude early childhood was the best.

#26 Posted by believer258 (11802 posts) -

I'm 21 and, well, I can't peg a time that was the best. Probably the last two years of high school.

I don't want to sound like I'm completely dissatisfied thus far, but I can't help but feel like the best times are yet to come. I'm only a junior but I'm ready for these classes and tests to be done so I can go get a good full time job. And a full time job I have had, with pay higher than minimum wage! And that period of time was gloriously free of worry about money or things I had to pay for or what! I remember walking into the Business office of my college like a boss and paying what I had to for the next semester. I just want to get to that point, where my worries do not deal with lack of time or money.

#27 Edited by Neurotic (632 posts) -

Hmm. Well, 17-18 I guess. The last year and a half of secondary school or so. I stopped being a douchey teenager, had a great core group of friends and school was easy enough that I could coast and enjoy myself.

Things are different now and while I greatly enjoy the independence of being at university, I'm gonna have to move home after I graduate and I'm worrying about the future which was something I didn't have to do at 17/18. Any time from now on when I'm living alone will probably take the crown off of 17/18. Man, I hate living with other people right now.

I guess I should clarify that I'm currently 20 years old.

#28 Posted by Kerned (1170 posts) -

My 30s have been great so far (36). Done with school, married, have plenty of disposable income -- life can be enjoyed more now, and with fewer distractions, believe it or not.

#29 Posted by captain_clayman (3320 posts) -

High school has actually been the best period of my life so far. definitely the most memorable.

#30 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

Only time I remember feeling happy was round the 5-10 age. It went down hill pretty quickly from there and has been bad since then.

#31 Posted by raidingkvatch (1152 posts) -

I think for me it was 15-17. I had a lot of fun in that time when I had a lot of freedom and still relatively little pressure or responsibilities. By the time I was getting closer to 18 I became depressed and developed a lot of anxiety, which has mostly become worse since then.

I have a hard time really thinking of what I was like before I was 11 as me, but I guess 8-11 were pretty good, before that I had a lot of trouble with moving and being in a new city and changing schools, and seeing my dad a lot less.

#32 Posted by smcn (926 posts) -

Every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.

#33 Posted by Kscorps (55 posts) -

All of it.

#34 Posted by SSully (4162 posts) -

@smcn said:

Every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.

Damn.

#35 Posted by Patchcoat (141 posts) -
#36 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I'm 22. I think that in the last couple months I have entered easily the best stage of my life so far. So your poll doesn't fit me very well, because I'm somewhere in between those options.

#37 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -

@nintendoeats: Yeah, thought 5 year periods would be just fine but it turns out that doesn't work for this. Still, the comments have been great to read. Kinda depressing though, seeing how I'm pretty much in the age range most people say was the best in their life and I'm absolutely hating it.

#38 Posted by SlashDance (1814 posts) -

From 25 to 27, I lived with a girl I loved very deeply, and it was without a doubt the best days of my life. I still have dreams about getting together with that girl again.

#39 Posted by JCTango (1361 posts) -

11-16 for me - so many good childhood/young teen memories. So carefree :(.

#40 Posted by hanktherapper (379 posts) -

23 to 28. Had a job I really loved doing, made good money and had low stress levels.

#41 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Hmm...just got to find your own way man. That's the only advice I can think of. Useful as it is.

#42 Posted by TooWalrus (13169 posts) -

Eeh, ya know what, life kinda sucks right now, I hate my job, my school, most of the people I'm around... Looking back, I'm glad I have that international expirence. I'm also pretty sure that once I'm done with school and can work full time, move out, be a god damn adult... I'm just going to preemptively say like, 29-34 are gonna be great.

#43 Posted by Laurentech (127 posts) -

The day I was born. I didn't yet understand what a disappointing existence this truly is.

#44 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

The past year, I turned 20 yesterday. Everything's going well for me.

#45 Posted by TobbRobb (4603 posts) -

17-22, mostly unemployed, live mooching off parents, old enough to do whatever, enough time to do whatever.

I'm terrified of growing older than this.

#46 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

The 2007-2011 were pretty special. Slept late every day, could go out partying whenever, lived with friends, played games for hours.

Now I work full-time as an accountant. Life is considerably less exciting and infinitely more stressful.

#47 Posted by SMTDante89 (2565 posts) -

17-22, though the past few months of being 23 have been amazing as well. I'm in my 5th year of college currently (hoping to finish up this year) and I've met some really good friends, before and during my time as a Resident Assistant as well, and some of them I would consider closer to me than most of my own family.

The fact that I've been going to school without paying too much out of my own pocket (and without loans) is really something as well and I can't thank the people that are helping me enough.

I actually asked a girl out on my own, which was a huge weight off my shoulders even though she said no, but we're still great friends.

The RA job has really helped me out a lot as well, because I'm really introverted and I've really come a long way in getting to be better with people since I have to deal with them on a daily basis, and it amazes me to this day that I was actually hired for the job nearly 1.5 years ago.

Arguably the biggest thing to happen to me (at least recently) was about a class I need that I "failed" last semester. By failed I mean I still have an incomplete in it, and the professor for the class came up to me about it a few weeks ago, asking me if I planned to retake the class this coming semester, which I did. She said she could extend that incomplete to the end of next semester for me, which essentially wipes out all the bad grades I got in the class and start over with a clean slate. Having something like that doesn't happen often, and some people may never get that chance so for a professor to have that kind of faith in me is something special and I hope to do much better this coming semester.

#48 Edited by Downloaded (176 posts) -

I think I have been lucky enough to have a really good life overall. There are times that stand out above all others- the last few years of high school, my year abroad, pretty much any time before I turned 13...it was all pretty awesome, but I really can't pick one period to stand out.

#49 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

First five years? I'm not really sure just yet

#50 Posted by ImHungry (377 posts) -

I'm 18 now too. I'd say it was specifically 15-17 for me, cause that was a time when school didn't need to be taken seriously for my class and I and we just screwed around. Good times. I'd say the upcoming period where I'll have finished my exams is going to be pretty good.