• 95 results
#1 Posted by cer1992 (8 posts) -

The changes take place in our world. Suddenly, every female human being has super-strength that allows them to lift vehicles, bend metal steel, and pick other heavy items with little or no effort, and heal from any injury as severe as a gunshot wound in a matter of minutes. But there are no outward signs to the change. Women would physically look the same as they always have. However, due to these abilities, every female will also have better stamina, agility, durability, and slower aging. What impact do you think this will have in various societies/cultures across the world? By the way, as for future generations, when childbirth comes around, the male baby will not have superpowers, though he has a super-powered mom. And the female baby's strength and healing will increase with age.

#2 Posted by MildMolasses (3211 posts) -

Is this a sociology assignment that you are trying to get us to answer for you?

#3 Posted by wjb (1621 posts) -

I imagine the impact would be...great.

#4 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

Sounds like a comic book story.

#5 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3048 posts) -

I imagine fucking would be more interesting.

#6 Posted by CornBREDX (4754 posts) -

That'd be hot. 

#7 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

It would mean my wife would be doing a lot more of the work during sex

#8 Posted by Brendan (7666 posts) -

I'm with the sugar person, this sounds like an attempted expedition down a lazy river, of the academic variety.

#9 Posted by Nightriff (4866 posts) -

This is sexist, they should share their powers with us, discriminating against males is just wrong, we have as much a right to those powers as them

#10 Posted by big_jon (5707 posts) -

Hawt.

#11 Edited by Aegon (5377 posts) -

This fetish is so weird, it's not even tangible. Unless the image of a woman lifting something heavy or breaking you turns you on somehow.

A better female only superpower would be being extremely good looking.

#12 Posted by pyromagnestir (4195 posts) -

This is the sexiest thread I've clicked in a good while.

#13 Posted by EpicSteve (6470 posts) -

I guess when we have another draft it'll be women going to war for a change?

#14 Posted by byterunner (296 posts) -

I imagine that at least some part of the world would be dominated by women dictators and that Men would be treated like slaves.

I assume anyways

#15 Posted by fox01313 (5061 posts) -

Only one post makes me agree that this is probably just someone trying to find homework or story ideas. Tip when this happens, just don't piss them off & should be easy for the original posting person to apply imagination to find an answer.

#16 Posted by BeachThunder (11642 posts) -

It's a me super-strength a.

#17 Posted by psylah (2161 posts) -

Will the women be well toned and muscled, and look like she-hulk?

She-hulk is hot.

#18 Posted by BisonHero (6051 posts) -

@MildMolasses said:

#19 Posted by ShaggE (6292 posts) -

I'm starting to think that Giant Bomb and Yahoo Answers are slowly and inexplicably merging together.

#20 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

do transwomen get this power? is it the fact that their minds are female, or that they have vaginas? do neovaginas count?

#21 Posted by Dalai (6980 posts) -

A single cat fight can destroy the planet.

#22 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1327 posts) -

Maybe they will be able to open jars now, or win anything physical

#23 Posted by Hunter5024 (5507 posts) -

A lot of jobs that require intense physical labor would probably be taken over by women. I don't really think it would be that different. I believe society is the way it is today because of psychological reasons rather than physical ones.

#24 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5137 posts) -

They would stomp the yard.

#25 Posted by MegaLombax (384 posts) -

There'd be lots and lots of women around.

#26 Posted by Guyzea (814 posts) -

There would be no need for pepper spray.

#27 Posted by MrKlorox (11198 posts) -

Regenerating hymens? That can't be a good thing, can it?

#28 Posted by Turambar (6639 posts) -

@Animasta said:

do transwomen get this power? is it the fact that their minds are female, or that they have vaginas? do neovaginas count?

If its in the vagina, doesn't that mean science can just synthesize an artificial vagina for men that has the same power inducing quality?

#29 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -

So will they start looking like this?

cuz I'm all for it if that's the case.
#30 Posted by Turambar (6639 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

It'd put the "revirginization" surgery market out of business. No, seriously, creating new hymens from the vaginal walls to reproduce virginity is a real thing.

#31 Posted by Milkman (16482 posts) -
@Animasta said:

I don't know what a neovagina is but I want one.
#32 Posted by InfamousNose (16 posts) -

So they can open jars now?

#33 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1379 posts) -

@Turambar said:

@Animasta said:

If its in the vagina, doesn't that mean science can just synthesize an artificial vagina for men that has the same power inducing quality?

The first post made me laugh. The second one made me think. Giant Bomb: Making you think of things you never would've thought of before.

#34 Posted by Turambar (6639 posts) -

@insane_shadowblade85 said:

@Turambar said:

@Animasta said:

The first post made me laugh. The second one made me think. Giant Bomb: Making you think of things you never would've thought of before.

I'd be a pretty bad teacher if I couldn't get students to think....about vaginas.

#35 Posted by Genkkaku (732 posts) -

@Nightriff said:

This is sexist, they should share their powers with us, discriminating against males is just wrong, we have as much a right to those powers as them

@psylah said:

Will the women be well toned and muscled, and look like she-hulk?

She-hulk is hot.

#36 Posted by MrKlorox (11198 posts) -
@Turambar said:

@MrKlorox said:

It'd put the "revirginization" surgery market out of business. No, seriously, creating new hymens from the vaginal walls to reproduce virginity is a real thing.

Considering how normalized and socially accepted some of the more extreme and ultimately misleading genital surgical procedures have become, I'd say that one seems pretty conservative by comparison.

@Animasta said:

If so, then the regenerative aspect would turn the innie back into an outie, potentially negating any future effects.
#37 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5174 posts) -

Good thing they don't have super dicks, super semen is murderous; cuts through flesh like a knife through butter.

#38 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4577 posts) -

@BisonHero said:

@MildMolasses said:

It's actually an independent graphic novel he's trying write, but none of the companies think his pitch alone is any good.

#39 Posted by Hunter5024 (5507 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

@Animasta said:

If so, then the regenerative aspect would turn the innie back into an outie, potentially negating any future effects.

I tried not to visualize it, and then it happened anyways. Thank you for providing me with all new kinds of nightmares.

#40 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

@Milkman said:

@Animasta said:

I don't know what a neovagina is but I want one.

the actual correct word is just a vagina but neovagina sounds way cooler so that's what i use

also the way the word is phrased it'd probably be the mind, but I wonder if it is the presence of a vagina whether transmen would get angry/offended that they're thought of as women or be super stoked that they have super strength

(thinking way too much about this dumb ass topic)

#41 Posted by WickedFather (1730 posts) -

If you put a hand grenade into your girlfriend's vagina as foreplay would she still heal? I bet they'd still burst into tears while trying to parallel park even though they could just drag the car into place. And clearly you'd run a mile when she was on the rag and not hold her hand during childbirth.

#42 Posted by Doctorchimp (4067 posts) -

Whatever, I can still drive.

#43 Edited by Metric_Outlaw (1170 posts) -

Can women not already do that?

#44 Edited by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

Let's say this actually happened. The impact would be enormous, and would probably lead to a significant rise in inequality between the sexes. When you give that much power to one group and not the other, marginalization happens. You would see the rise of violent and radical groups on both sides. There would be groups that seek to eliminate these women, or find a way to return them to normal. There would be groups of women who try to take over, believing themselves to be superior and the next step in evolution. The turmoil that would ensue would be somewhat reminiscent of the X-Men series of comics only much, much worse. Governments would most likely try to set up peace-keeping forces with these super women, others would use them for aggressive military operations (or both). In the end, you would probably have three general factions: Radical men trying to purge the 'disease', real life Feminazi's trying to take over, and Government forces trying to maintain stability.

#45 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

@SathingtonWaltz said:

Let's say this actually happened. The impact would be enormous, and would probably lead to a significant rise in inequality between the sexes. When you give that much power to one group and not the other, marginalization happens. You would see the rise of violent and radical groups on both sides. There would be groups that seek to eliminate these women, or find a way to return them to normal. There would be groups of women who try to take over, believing themselves to be superior and the next step in evolution. The turmoil that would ensue would be somewhat reminiscent of the X-Men series of comics, only much, much worse.

the matriarchy will rise, all men to the wall (after harvesting their sperm of course)

#46 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@SathingtonWaltz said:

Let's say this actually happened. The impact would be enormous, and would probably lead to a significant rise in inequality between the sexes. When you give that much power to one group and not the other, marginalization happens. You would see the rise of violent and radical groups on both sides. There would be groups that seek to eliminate these women, or find a way to return them to normal. There would be groups of women who try to take over, believing themselves to be superior and the next step in evolution. The turmoil that would ensue would be somewhat reminiscent of the X-Men series of comics, only much, much worse.

the matriarchy will rise, all men to the wall (after harvesting their sperm of course)

This is what many of the radical Feminazi groups would be going for, though they would meet stiff resistance from both Government armies and male dominated paramilitary organizations. The wars and conflicts that would engulf the planet would devastate many nations, very little good would come from this. Whoever eventually came out on top (assuming someone does actually achieve victory) would find the world as they knew it gone forever.

#47 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

@SathingtonWaltz said:

@Animasta said:

@SathingtonWaltz said:

This is what many of the radical Feminazi groups would be going for, though they would meet stiff resistance from both Government armies and male dominated paramilitary organizations. The wars and conflicts that would engulf the planet would devastate many nations, very little good would come from this. Whoever eventually came out on top (assuming someone does actually achieve victory) would find the world as they knew it gone forever.

you are no fun :(

#48 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@SathingtonWaltz said:

@Animasta said:

@SathingtonWaltz said:

Er... what I meant to say was that this new breed of super women would unite together and lead the world into an unprecedented era of peace and prosperity. The concept of war and violence would become a thing of the past, and a glorious new age of social, technological, and cultural progress is achieved.

#49 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

@SathingtonWaltz said:

@Animasta said:

@SathingtonWaltz said:

@Animasta said:

@SathingtonWaltz said:

Er... what I meant to say was that this new breed of super women would unite together and lead the world into an unprecedented era of peace and prosperity. The concept of war and violence would become a thing of the past, and a glorious new age of social, technological, and cultural progress is achieved.

there we go!'

(though I think any one group getting that sort of super strength would be bad news, even if it was the entire human race)

#50 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

well i would think that it would change the entire culture of men and woman. the woman would do all of the work, while guys would do less work.