• 99 results
#1 Posted by JasonR86 (9707 posts) -

#2 Posted by JasonR86 (9707 posts) -

So a long time ago, when I had my first computer I used Internet Explorer. Then, Microsoft released MSN Explorer and I used it all the time (I downloaded it again recently just to see what it looked like and God what a piece of shit it was). Recently, I used to use Firefox until I got a new laptop with Windows 7. Firefox acts weird on this computer. The fonts look terrible and the speed is poor. Now I only use Chrome.

#3 Posted by xdaknightx69 (450 posts) -

i use firefox for most of my web browsing, chrome for when i play BF3 or when firefox starts acting funny.

#4 Posted by theguy (796 posts) -

After trying the three main ones quite a bit I settled on chrome and now I cant imagine using anything else.

#5 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Been using Chrome for a few years and I can't go back to firefox. 
Even weirder is that I only use two extensions on Chrome and not a gazillion like I did with FF for some reason.  

Only two i need: 
Silverbird 
No YouTube Comments

#6 Posted by Village_Guy (2579 posts) -

After having tried out all the major browsers I ended up using Opera as that just felt better.

#7 Posted by mosespippy (4183 posts) -

I use Chrome and I hate it. Every browser I've tried since Opera 9 has been a let down. It's just a shame Opera 9 isn't supported by more sites or have HTML5 support.

#8 Edited by Hector (3364 posts) -

Chrome, baby!

#9 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Chrome!

#10 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

Recently switched to chrome. Loving it so far; I have much more free space in the upper part of the page and the apps are better as well.

#11 Posted by BonOrbitz (2193 posts) -

I use Firefox, but I am curious: What are the benefits of Chrome?

#12 Posted by Soapy86 (2621 posts) -

Chrome.

#13 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Chrome, because I thought it would freeze up less than Firefox. I was wrong.

#14 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Firefox because better extension support, and I mean by far. I can't live without Rikaisama and AdBlock+. (Chrome's version of AdBlock+ is awful and doesn't block video ads on many, many websites)

They really need to add built-in PDF reading to Firefox though, it's the only thing I miss from Chrome.

@bonorbitz said:

I use Firefox, but I am curious: What are the benefits of Chrome?

There isn't really any. Chrome launches slightly faster (but I have an SSD in both my PC and laptop, so anything launches fast) and I would say Chrome has better built-in features, but Firefox makes up for most of them via extensions.

and a lot of people seem to think Firefox is slow and/or a memory hog, when actually the differences between it and Chrome are tiny, as for memory usage then Chrome 16 uses more than Firefox 9 did, I don't know about Firefox 10.

Edit: Oh also Chrome has support for x.264 (I believe) HTML5 video which is nice, just not worth ditching the extensions I love for.

#15 Edited by mlarrabee (2962 posts) -
#16 Posted by JJOR64 (18992 posts) -

Firefox. I used Chrome before, but it just never clicked with me.

#17 Posted by predator (352 posts) -

Firefox. Chromium only exists for developing Chrome, which is a proprietary browser. Firefox is true free software by a non-profit organization.

#18 Posted by yoshisaur (2723 posts) -

There are other browsers other than Google Chrome?

#19 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@xdaknightx69 said:

i use firefox for most of my web browsing, chrome for when i play BF3 or when firefox starts acting funny.

This. However lately my main FF extension stopped working (Tab Mix Plus) and none of the updates bring functionality back, so I'm really using Chrome a lot more. Maybe FF Nightly is screwed at the moment and I need to go back to regular-ass FIrefox.
#20 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1190 posts) -

Chrome!

#21 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Chrome is the sex

#22 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (533 posts) -

Firefox. Although with each new release it seems to crash more... so I've toyed with the idea of switching to Chrome.

#23 Posted by Arkasai (701 posts) -

Pretty sure Chrome is still the leader...despite something I read recently about IE6 gaining market share and Chrome losing some. There are still millions of users incorrectly counted toward Safari's total due to unclear useragent strings. Since they're both built with WebKit there's often a lot of confusion as to which browser is being used.

#24 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

Even weirder is that I only use two extensions on Chrome and not a gazillion like I did with FF for some reason.

Only two i need:
Silverbird
No YouTube Comments

Oh wow I didn't know such useful things exist on the Chrome Web store... That Youtube extention is awesome!

#25 Posted by DukesT3 (1917 posts) -

firefox when I had windows then safari and now chrome. I flipped out whenever Safari pops up now..

#26 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@AngelN7 said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Only two i need:
Silverbird
No YouTube Comments

Oh wow I didn't know such useful things exist on the Chrome Web store... That Youtube extention is awesome!

I know, right? It makes youtube a place worth looking at more than once a day without the fear of your IQ dropping because of the comments.
#27 Posted by Deinos (89 posts) -

I use Firefox when I know I am going to be inundated with ads, etc. at a website (for example, when I logged into Giantbomb today, I accidentally used Chrome and was rewarded with some shitty ad about calling random hoes for sexy talk... can't believe GB allows that kind of ad to run...).

I use Chrome when I want a clean, speedy experience (I don't use any extensions in Chrome for that very reason). Also, use Chrome when I am doing Google specific things (gmail, google+ hangouts to collaborate on projects, docs, etc.).

#28 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I use Firefox 'cause I'm a cool guy. I only use Chrome for BattleLog because for some reason it hates my Firefox.

#29 Posted by FLStyle (4701 posts) -

Firefox just feels right, I like the add-ons I use and the layout.

I do need to swap over to Chrome for wiki-editing though, there's some weird glitches in the GB wiki-database on Firefox.

#30 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

I used to use Fire Fox, but then I took an extension to the knee. Now I use Chrome because it's good without any extra work.

Also, since I'm heavily invested in the Google ecology it just works wonders. Syncs all my data between any platform...stuff like that. Built in interconnectivity baby!

#31 Posted by SMTDante89 (2581 posts) -

I use Chrome now. Went to Firefox back in 2009 or 2010 and was really satisfied with it. But almost a year ago, it just didn't want to load up at all, so then I moved to Chrome. Occasionally I'll check out Firefox, but that's not very often anymore.

#32 Posted by eugenesaxe (199 posts) -

Firefox works just fine for me.

#33 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Using Chrome and I can't go back to Firefox, Chrome just loads soooooooooo much faster and the UI is waaaaay better. I'll never get over that shitty orange button that Firefox has.

#34 Posted by Neurotic (632 posts) -

Firefox. I don't bother with any add-ons and it has worked fine for me.

#35 Posted by damnboyadvance (4060 posts) -

I used to use Firefox a lot, mainly because of all of the great extensions that are available for it. But I've found a way to live without them, and Chrome works a lot better.

#36 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

The Foxy Fire. I hate ad's and the ad blockers on Chrome blows. So that makes using Chrome not even an option for me.

#37 Posted by Shindiggah (350 posts) -

Opera, I used to be a chrome guy, but idk something about Opera made me fall in love with it, so I switched over completely around 3 months back.

#38 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I started using Chrome last summer and I like it a lot. It took me way too long to stop using IE.

#39 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

Safari collapsed on me so I'm using Chrome now and it feels great

#40 Posted by Dread612 (167 posts) -

Firefox, every new version gets a little bit faster.

#41 Posted by Demoskinos (14835 posts) -

HEY WHERE IS NETSCAPE NAVIGATOR? THAT SHIT IS BALLER. (but for realz I use chrome but seriously netscape navigator is still a thing...who would have thought right?)

#42 Posted by Nightriff (5084 posts) -

Trick question for me really, I use safari on my mac and chrome on my pc

#43 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Chrome.

#44 Posted by Tireyo (6413 posts) -

Chrome.

#45 Posted by TheHT (11266 posts) -

Firefox. Was thinking about going to Chrome,  but the problems that prompted that are gone now.

#46 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11021 posts) -

Chrome, or "C H Rome" as I like to call it.

I don't actually call it that.

#47 Posted by Rerejo28 (135 posts) -

Firefox. Love it.

#48 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

Chrome on my laptop and Firefox on my Imac.

#49 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

Firefox, adblocker and noscript makes sure i never get a virus from anything and on mac I use safari.

#50 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Been using Safari for a long time now. Before that was Internet Explorer. Tried using Firefox, but just never clicked with me.