• 80 results
efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By efrucht

It may be just me, but younger kids these days really suck. My brother is 12, and his entire peer group (as a collective, there are a few good ones here and there), is a bunch of spoiled, narcissistic brats. I bend over backwards to make this boy happy, and he acts like a jerk, lies to me left and right, and talks to me like crap. Back when I used to pick him up from his camp, the whole lot of the kids all gave off this egotistical aura. There is nothing cute about these kids, they are monsters.

Is this what happens when a cushy lifestyle becomes their self-imposed right, not a privilege? My family works hard, and being the first born I know the value of a dollar and I am a nice, kind person (that's what I'm told... I really hope it's true 9_9), but my bro is a totally different story. Selfish and narcissistic, this boy takes everything he has for granted. Despicable! I never had an older brother to buy me things! if I did I would be damn appreciative that he is spending money on me and not just on himself!
I am 17 now, and I do not remember acting this way when I was his age, in fact I don't remember any of my peers acting this way. What went wrong in those 5 years that completely changed children?

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

Its getting worse and worse everyday, 12 year old girls acting like grown up girls try to get you know what....
I m trying to reise my brother the way i ve been reised i make him listen to Audioslave, Pearl jam, nirvana,  and all the good bands from the 80's 90's so  he wont end up all emo or gothic :(

MURS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MURS

Nickelodeon stopped showing cartoons and started showing superficial garbage trash that makes all children think they are celebrities...

Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Hungry_bunny

I know a few kids in that age that are twice as well behaved as I was in their age... I think you're just unlucky.

And the youngest brother always acts like that, my little brother was the same and his friends were pretty similar too, thank god he's grown out of it... mostly.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gizmo

Gah, I can see now that I used to be everything I hated.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By atejas

I was fairly annoying until I was 11, but I like to think I've improved.

efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By efrucht
Hungry_bunny said:
"I know a few kids in that age that are twice as well behaved as I was in their age... I think you're just unlucky.

And the youngest brother always acts like that, my little brother was the same and his friends were pretty similar too, thank god he's grown out of it... mostly.
"
This has given me hope 9_9
Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Aarny91

I think they are all faggots :P

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9  Edited By OGCartman

Not all of them, alot of them are really good but if your talking about a majority. Yah there mostly fags lol

Jotun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jotun

I am trying my damnedest to keep my children from acting like that. My girlfriend's sister who is 11 thinks she is some kind of royalty. She never has to do any chores, constantly talks back to her parents, treats my kids (two of which are toddlers) as personal slaves to do her bidding, gets everything she wants as soon as she asks for it.

Sadly there are many, many more kids just like her. Are parents getting too lazy to even speak with their children to teach them that life isn't about constant pleasure and gratification?

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Black_Rose

It's part of the Hannah Montana generation, they all think they're the best thing since slice bread

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By DualReaver

It's that damn Disney channel and Anime. It's ruining today's youth.

Fucking Naruto/Montana.

Merforga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Merforga

Have you seen what role models these days are doing?  Pregnant at 16, taking half-nude pics of themselves, etc....

Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Thunder
Black_Rose said:
"It's part of the Hannah Montana generation, they all think they're the best thing since slice bread"

Amen

They see all this crap on TV and think they deserve what ever they want because its on TV
Avatar image for deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c
deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i notice this about people older than me >_> but i think its just our entire generation as a whole.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Black_Rose
DualReaver said:
"It's that damn Disney channel and Anime. It's ruining today's youth.

Fucking Naruto/Montana.
"
Anime has nothing to do with it
k_ozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By k_ozz

There is nothing so raven bout these kids..

Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vlademir
efrucht said:
"It may be just me, but younger kids these days really suck. My brother is 12, and his entire peer group (as a collective, there are a few good ones here and there), is a bunch of spoiled, narcissistic brats. I bend over backwards to make this boy happy, and he acts like a jerk, lies to me left and right, and talks to me like crap. Back when I used to pick him up from his camp, the whole lot of the kids all gave off this egotistical aura. There is nothing cute about these kids, they are monsters.

Is this what happens when a cushy lifestyle becomes their self-imposed right, not a privilege? My family works hard, and being the first born I know the value of a dollar and I am a nice, kind person (that's what I'm told... I really hope it's true 9_9), but my bro is a totally different story. Selfish and narcissistic, this boy takes everything he has for granted. Despicable! I never had an older brother to buy me things! if I did I would be damn appreciative that he is spending money on me and not just on himself!
I am 17 now, and I do not remember acting this way when I was his age, in fact I don't remember any of my peers acting this way. What went wrong in those 5 years that completely changed children?
"
Wow, that's a coincidence. I'm 17 and my 12 year old sister seems just like your brother. Takes everything for granted and thinks they are all that matters in the world.

There are a lot of older kids that act like this too though. If "The kids are our future", I don't want to know what the world will be like when I'm in my 50's.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Black_Rose
Vlademir said:
" If "The kids are our future", I don't want to know what the world will be like when I'm in my 50's.
"
Ditto
TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TimeWaffle

yeah like a year ago my friends and I were walking past what must have been a birthday party  for an 11 year girl and they started hitting on us.  we were like "what the fuck your like 10"

i hate kids

Evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Evilross

A 17 year old complaining about a 12 year old.

Kids.

/Get off my lawn.

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Oriental_Jams

You're lucky, in Britain they just stab you.

normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By normajean777

yeah this generation is bad but we can only blame ourselves stop with the talking and start beating him senseless. i think as we got into the habit of not whipping our kids they have just become worse. i remember when i was a kid i got a good number of butt wippins with my dads belt. thats all i needed to behave.

Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Monopolized
Aarny said:
"I think they are all faggots :P"
Are they really gay or do just need to get something off of your chest. i kid i kid
WhySoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By WhySoSerious
efrucht said:
"It may be just me, but younger kids these days really suck. My brother is 12, and his entire peer group (as a collective, there are a few good ones here and there), is a bunch of spoiled, narcissistic brats. I bend over backwards to make this boy happy, and he acts like a jerk, lies to me left and right, and talks to me like crap. Back when I used to pick him up from his camp, the whole lot of the kids all gave off this egotistical aura. There is nothing cute about these kids, they are monsters.

"
You know, I know EXACTLY what you mean.
mjwickstrom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By mjwickstrom1

I know what you mean. I'm 16 and I have a 14 year old sister, and neither me or her are like that, but many people in my area neighborhoods are. I live in one of the nicest housing markets in the US, central (Powell, Worthington, Dublin) Ohio, and everyone around me is always getting new stuff everytime I see them, and they always want more. I'm the same way kind of, but I don't beg to get stuff, and that's why I'm currently looking for a job. A lot of people at my school are nice, but others I can't stand for that reason.

HoldSteady828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HoldSteady828

Self obsession is common at that age.  Lies, selfishness, and insubordination are part of a child's struggle to define themselves.  Hannah Montana doesn't help matters, but preteens have always been and will always be terrible human beings.

I sure was.

Look into  your pasts, you probably were too at some point in your childhood- unless you had some early profound moment of realization. 

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

normajean777 said:
"yeah this generation is bad but we can only blame ourselves stop with the talking and start beating him senseless. i think as we got into the habit of not whipping our kids they have just become worse. i remember when i was a kid i got a good number of butt wippins with my dads belt. thats all i needed to behave.
"
Yep! My mom used to whoop me for all the bad stuff I would do. And it wasn't just her, her girlfriends would do it too if they needed to. I turned out pretty good. This generation is full of spoiled kids....

Just a few weeks ago, I was camping, and I woke up to the crows cawing at each other. I got up and went over to a bench and sat there for a few minutes. I soon heard this little brat screaming his head off. And what were the parents doing about it? Nothing. I told my friends mom, "They're probably over there saying stuff like 'calm down, it's OK'" and she agreed. Then one of her friends came out of her tent and yelled, "Are you fucking kidding me?!" and we started cracking up, she came over and told us the mom was just talking to him, telling him to calm down and stuff.

So you can't just blame the kids, it's the parents fault too. Some just can't discipline their kids. If that was me screaming my head off like a brat, my mom would have whooped me so hard....
WhySoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WhySoSerious
MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
"normajean777 said:
"yeah this generation is bad but we can only blame ourselves stop with the talking and start beating him senseless. i think as we got into the habit of not whipping our kids they have just become worse. i remember when i was a kid i got a good number of butt wippins with my dads belt. thats all i needed to behave.
"
Yep! My mom used to whoop me for all the bad stuff I would do. And it wasn't just her, her girlfriends would do it too if they needed to. I turned out pretty good. This generation is full of spoiled kids....

Just a few weeks ago, I was camping, and I woke up to the crows cawing at each other. I got up and went over to a bench and sat there for a few minutes. I soon heard this little brat screaming his head off. And what were the parents doing about it? Nothing. I told my friends mom, "They're probably over there saying stuff like 'calm down, it's OK'" and she agreed. Then one of her friends came out of her tent and yelled, "Are you fucking kidding me?!" and we started cracking up, she came over and told us the mom was just talking to him, telling him to calm down and stuff.

So you can't just blame the kids, it's the parents fault too. Some just can't discipline their kids. If that was me screaming my head off like a brat, my mom would have whooped me so hard....
"
I think you have a point, depending on the age of the child, I don't know if I'd whoop them or not.  If their under the age of like 4, then sure, because you can't exactly sit there and talk to them.  But over that age, I think talkin to them helps more than getting hit on the ass.  That's what my dad did to me most of my life, I ended up turning out fine :)

In the same respect, my aunt and my uncle never hit her kids and they're all little hellions :\  So I dunno, guess it depends on your form of "talking" to your kid.
xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30  Edited By xruntime

I agree. Another facet of the problem with our youth is gaming. I grew up in a strict house hold where video games were restricted and the only time I could play them is when my dad wasn't around.

While that's one extreme, it seems today there are kids that spend their entire day playing. That's not healthy, to say the least.

It's pretty interesting how older generations usually were restricted on the time they could go outside and play - the parents of today just wish that they could get children off the TV, ipod, and computer to get some exercise.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Blame Disney Channel, and the new Nickelodeon.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By Karmum

My younger brother is a total douche to me, most of the time I do nothing and he will freak out on me. I mean, sometimes I just goof around so he isn't just on the computer all day playing Guild Wars.

So, yeah, there is certainly something with the way the younger kids act now-a-days. Because I wasn't like that 2-3 years ago.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By serbsta

I dont know, i guess its just what they watch on TV.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c
deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xruntime said:
"I agree. Another facet of the problem with our youth is gaming. I grew up in a strict house hold where video games were restricted and the only time I could play them is when my dad wasn't around.

While that's one extreme, it seems today there are kids that spend their entire day playing. That's not healthy, to say the least.

It's pretty interesting how older generations usually were restricted on the time they could go outside and play - the parents of today just wish that they could get children off the TV, ipod, and computer to get some exercise.
"
i think some parents allow it since theyd rather their kids be "safe at home" than "on the streets". my parents are very overprotective. they discouraged me from going outside, limiting my time when i was a kid. then when i was about 7 or 9 they just locked me in home permanently. i wasnt allowed to leave for anything except for school and such. now im pretty much just a fat, awkward, child of teh internetz at 15 years old. but hey, at least im not a pothead, right?
dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#35  Edited By dethfish
efrucht said:

"

I completely agree. I have a brother who is 12 and he is actually an ok kid most of the time but all of his friends are spoiled punks. I'm 18 now and when I was 12 I remember kids being kids but not kids being assholes. The whole "innocent child" thing is gone. Kids as early as 12 are commiting crimes, doing drugs and even having sexual encounters.

I know lots of kids between the ages of 10 and 13 because I help coach little leauge teams and I have 4 brothers who all bring lots of friends to the house. Some are well behaved, respectable kids but a lot are not.

I think the key to having a good child is discipline. My mom is very strict which may seem pretty sucky when growing up but it's for the better. Another thing that helps is sports. The kids who play baseball seem to have more manners and more responabilty then most kids.
Churchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Churchy

iunno my 12 year old sis is pretty awesome.  Although I don't have a whole lot of exposure to that age range outside of my sis and her friends that are always over, so maybe they're just an exception to the rule?

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dr_nefarious

I understand completely what you mean. I too am 17 and I don't understand these young kids anymore..If you ask me they're are all just a bunch of self-imposed, shallow, conceited, superficial punks and I would never act like they do in a million years. I see it all the time and it seems to become more prevalent through generation. all I know is if one of these kids tried to be smart with me I'd make them respect.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FengShuiGod

It's not getting worse, you're just getting older.

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Colonel_Cool

I blame rock music.

infect999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By infect999
FengShuiGod said:
"It's not getting worse, you're just getting older.
"
I think it's a little bit of both
Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Batman

Blame it on video games.

infect999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By infect999
Batman said:
"Blame it on video games.
"
now, now...that kind of talk just makes people look stupid
Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mrnitropb

When children turn about 11, they turn their brains into a main holding depot, where they sit and colect dust until roughly 17, where, they may or may not get them back.

And some are just straight up dicks.

Ugh, I used to love kids, cause all my little cousins were about as equally well behaved as my sibling and I. Then I started working in restaurants, and am considering a vasectomy.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By clarke0

I don't know, I can't stand most people my age either (I'm 15). I think people in general are very greedy, self-centered, mean etc.. For every genuinely nice person there must be 100,000 assholes.

Arestice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Arestice

I blame the fake shows that claim they got the "real high schooler" story down. (Degrassi, OC etc)
Kids that watch that crap and think life is really like what they see on tv are f*ing stupid.

Oh yeah, lol at Jamie Spears's Nick show, and when she got pregnant they had to pretend it was like some break up thing? Oh I had many a laugh at the commercials for it.

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Mrnitropb

What really pisses me off is kids knowing in-depth things about sex at the age of 11, that I only recently in my 20's got the nerve to ask my long term SO about, and pulled a back muscle doing,.

And yet, they either don't know, or don't give a flying rat shit, about birth control and protection. And so they all have herpes and multiple babies from multiple partners, and no high school diplomas, cause thye're still in junior fucking high. That's the problem with kids, that they're stupid, have unprotected sex, and will breed us all to death.

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DARKIDO07

Yep. I'm 15 and some seven graders on my bus think they are king of the world and that my friends and I are losers because we play video games a lot. One them ask what would happen in you had a 100 chromosomes and I replied "Its impossible, a zygote wouldn't form." and they started making fun of me because I knew what a zygote was and because I used the word "rather". Sad isn't it. The common sense in people is coming to zero, and being smart makes you a loser to younger kids. God damn peer groups x_x.

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DARKIDO07
Xeros606 said:
"xruntime said:
"I agree. Another facet of the problem with our youth is gaming. I grew up in a strict house hold where video games were restricted and the only time I could play them is when my dad wasn't around.

"
i think some parents allow it since theyd rather their kids be "safe at home" than "on the streets". my parents are very overprotective. they discouraged me from going outside, limiting my time when i was a kid. then when i was about 7 or 9 they just locked me in home permanently. i wasnt allowed to leave for anything except for school and such. now im pretty much just a fat, awkward, child of teh internetz at 15 years old. but hey, at least im not a pothead, right?
"
:D Oh my god that is sig worthy if we had sigs.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DARKIDO07 said:
"Yep. I'm 15 and some seven graders on my bus think they are king of the world and that my friends and I are losers because we play video games a lot. One them ask what would happen in you had a 100 chromosomes and I replied "Its impossible, a zygote wouldn't form." and they started making fun of me because I knew what a zygote was and because I used the word "rather". Sad isn't it. The common sense in people is coming to zero, and being smart makes you a loser to younger kids. God damn peer groups x_x."
Dude, don't worry about those dickheads. They'll be permanently flippin' burgers at the local BK Lounge in no time.
DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DARKIDO07
MagusMaleficus said:
"DARKIDO07 said:
"Yep. I'm 15 and some seven graders on my bus think they are king of the world and that my friends and I are losers because we play video games a lot. One them ask what would happen in you had a 100 chromosomes and I replied "Its impossible, a zygote wouldn't form." and they started making fun of me because I knew what a zygote was and because I used the word "rather". Sad isn't it. The common sense in people is coming to zero, and being smart makes you a loser to younger kids. God damn peer groups x_x."
Dude, don't worry about those dickheads. They'll be permanently flippin' burgers at the local BK Lounge in no time."
Yep, and as long as where on this topic, I can't stand it when people my age act like they are "gangsters". You know the people that listen to rap, where their hats sideways and their pants on their knees. I'm seriously the worst thing to happen where we live is a bank robbery, you don't live in a ghetto, your not a gangster, and if you want to know what a real gangster is, good read a history book....Dang I sound like a 70 year old saying "kids these days." O_o