• 139 results
#1 Posted by SecondPersonShooter (618 posts) -

I agree wholeheartedly with Jeff's statement on the last bombcast that energy drinks are a lifestyle choice. One for only exxtreme individuals, such as myself. The question is, what is the best energy drink?

My definitive answer is Monster: Khaos, I have attached a video below from someone far more articulate than myself to explain what is so good about this particular beverage, but I recommend it to any energy drink enthusiast or someone curious to dabble in the guaranian arts.

#2 Posted by RonGalaxy (3171 posts) -

Yup, Monster Khaos is the best. Old fashioned green monster is great too.

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (14842 posts) -

I can't drink Monster just tastes like syrup to me. I like Rockstar Sours Green Apple currently. Has a great taste to it without the energy drink aftertaste.

#4 Posted by MB (12430 posts) -

Water is the best energy drink.

#5 Edited by RonGalaxy (3171 posts) -

@mb: H20 ain't enough for my wild spirit. I need H20XXX9000.

#6 Edited by brutushayesosu (125 posts) -

Monster Ultra Blue. I have a problem walking by these at the store and not buying them. Its a disease.

#7 Edited by Kidavenger (3557 posts) -

I quit drinking energy drink awhile ago (last week) but Khaos is vile, I picked one up by mistake (I wanted Assault), one sip and I dumped it out.

Assault was my favorite, I used to really like Full Throttle Fury but I don't think they make it anymore.

#8 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4212 posts) -

I like Mountain Dew Amp. I dunno, it tastes old and classic.

#9 Posted by ShaggE (6459 posts) -

Cocaine (no, not THAT Cocaine). I loved that stuff so much that the guy at the local convenience store special-ordered it post ban just because I kept buying it. Shame that place shut down, since the guy was selling all kinds of shady shit like pirated DVDs and bongs and whatnot.

#10 Posted by Flacracker (1674 posts) -

Why is there a 14 year, who is dressed for a business job, who drinks tea in the morning, who has a speech impediment, who is sitting at a very large desk, telling me about energy drinks?

#11 Edited by Jaytow (694 posts) -

I'm certainly no pro when it comes to energy drinks but I really liked the "purple" rockstar one.

#12 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6199 posts) -

@mb: You're the best energy drink.

Wait, that doesn't work.

#13 Posted by Nadril (529 posts) -

I heard Jeff talking about the Rockstar 'punched' a few unprofessional fridays back and it might be my new favorite.

I do really like the Monster 'rehab' series though.

#14 Edited by CoinMatze (471 posts) -

Rockstar Recovery was my favorite energy drink. I would have that come out of my tap instead of water. But they axed it in Germany for whatever reason and introduced Rockstar Xdurance Blueberry and it's good. Not as good as Recovery but I like it. It's not too sweet and syrupy and I could drink like three or four cans in a row. It still gives me that teeth gnashy feeling. But I need to dial down on my energy drink consumption. It's messing with my Hashimoto's.

#15 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4212 posts) -

That video is so hard to watch.. Its like reading a textbook.. Still, I love that girl comment's name. Hoo boy!

#16 Posted by ajamafalous (12001 posts) -

Why is there a 14 year, who is dressed for a business job, who drinks tea in the morning, who has a speech impediment, who is sitting at a very large desk, telling me about energy drinks?

This kid does reviews for all kinds of shit and is hilarious. Try to find his one of a Twinkie right after they discontinued them.

#17 Posted by A_Talking_Donkey (262 posts) -

Jägerbombs

#18 Posted by Pezen (1604 posts) -

I drink a plenty of different ones. Top 5 in no particular order is probably..

• Burn Blue Refresh
  • Rockstar Recovery or Xdurance
  • Monster Rehab
  • Sugar Free Red Bull
  • The cheapest generic energy drink at any given store, because they're all the same. And some come in unhealthy sizes which is useful.

Generally though, I have yet to try one that I actually didn't like. Some work better than others taste wise, but nothing has been utterly vile just yet. But at this rate, I am sure I'll hit it at some point.

#19 Posted by UitDeToekomst (716 posts) -

i haven't had a great deal of variety in my energy drink consumption, but I quite enjoy the taste of the Red Bull Zero.

#20 Edited by MonetaryDread (2035 posts) -

I can't drink Monster just tastes like syrup to me. I like Rockstar Sours Green Apple currently. Has a great taste to it without the energy drink aftertaste.

#21 Edited by Razorlution (186 posts) -

Red Bull....and vodka

#22 Posted by CatsAkimbo (628 posts) -

I love the taste of Bawlz.

Yeah I said it.

#23 Posted by Optix12 (615 posts) -

Im really really enjoying Monster rehab green tea at the minute even though I dont really like green tea... I didnt really like khaos but used to drink rockstar purple until i looked at the sugars they have. Im mostly torn between the general rockstar and the general monster as the standard favourites

#24 Posted by Muzhik (37 posts) -

It's regular Red Bull. Every other energy drink tastes like liquified ass and sugar.

#25 Posted by crithon (3275 posts) -

i prefer coffee

#26 Posted by notdavid (839 posts) -

I'm partial to the vanilla Monster Java. I usually down one of those pretty fast and move to one of the giant cans of the regular ass green shit.

#27 Edited by hanktherapper (379 posts) -

I rarely drink energy drinks because I hate the crash, but when I must I go for a 12 oz Sugar Free Red Bull. For me the crash is less severe vs a Rockstar. I would rather drink coffee though. It doesn't cause a crash effect.

#28 Posted by Andorski (5311 posts) -

That review isn't real. He's trolling, right?!

Also, 5 Hour Energy if I actually want to stay up and be active. I also go with the generic Red Bull + Vodka when going out at night.

#29 Posted by hacksword (47 posts) -

Coffee (black, no sugar).

#30 Posted by hippocrit (240 posts) -

vanilla Red Bull

#31 Posted by falserelic (5437 posts) -

Hyphy Mud.

#32 Edited by Twisted (204 posts) -

They all are.

In my life I've had a couple of V's, one red bull, one Mother and one Monster. They all tasted the same. Therefore they are all the best.

#33 Posted by e30bmw (356 posts) -

@twisted said:

In my life I've had a couple of V's, one red bull, one Mother and one Monster. They all tasted the same. Therefore they are all the best.

Your taste buds are fucked if you think Red Bull and Monster taste the same.

And the answer is Red Bull. Everything else is inferior.

#34 Edited by fox01313 (5073 posts) -

Been quite happy here with either the Monster coffee flavored drinks or the Monster lemonade (or the plain Monster drink), tried a lot of the other energy drinks out there & found that Monster is the only one I found that doesn't taste too bad but it's up to personal preference.

#35 Posted by JJOR64 (18995 posts) -

I don't drink Energy Drinks too often, but I think my favorite one is Cherry Amp.

#36 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1423 posts) -

Right now my favorite is Venom: Black Mamba....the taste is great with that awesome energy kick, close in second is Monster Energy Low Carb...which weirdly tastes better than the normal one

Venom Black Mamba

Also does Mountain Dew MDX count.....because it would of been that if they still made it.

#37 Posted by CynicalBuzzard (240 posts) -

Monster Energy Drinks are my favorite.

#38 Edited by spraynardtatum (2977 posts) -

That kid is kind of awesome.

#39 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (533 posts) -

I like coffee, tea, or SoBe (once in a while).

#40 Posted by RonGalaxy (3171 posts) -

That kid seriously makes me think of a prepubescent woody allen

#41 Edited by Fearbeard (831 posts) -

I'm an Amp man. I want my energy drink to taste good and Amp tastes the best to me.

#42 Edited by TyCobb (1972 posts) -

I like Mountain Dew Amp. I dunno, it tastes old and classic.

This! Most energy drinks I never notice, but damn this one works great and tastes good too.

#43 Posted by chiablo (930 posts) -

Red Bull almost exclusively for me. All of the others are too sweet or have too much of a kick and give me the shakes.

#44 Posted by mrfluke (5164 posts) -

this stuff is pretty good, ingredients wise it has a LOT more kick than a monster and less of the chemical junk in it.

but taste wise monster is still better.

#45 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

I like monster Rehab the most.
Khaos and the green one, and every other energy drink that taste like redbull.. they can go die.

#46 Posted by EchoEcho (827 posts) -

Used to drink nothing but Red Bull and Sobe Adrenaline Rush. Nowadays it's pretty much just Monster. I don't care too much about the taste of an energy drink, as long as it doesn't taste like ass.

#47 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

The only one I can really stand is that new mountain dew drink.

#48 Posted by Sinusoidal (1520 posts) -

Water.

#49 Posted by Wwen (1 posts) -

Nothing gets me going like the blood of my enemies... and sometimes one here in Japan I don't know the name of.

#50 Posted by Juzie (168 posts) -

"energy drinks are a lifestyle choice. One for only exxtreme individuals, such as myself"

but u r total casul new school kid that never even heard of this!