#1 Edited by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -

What is the one thing that makes the area you live in cool?

Ex: 
Local celebrities, unusual things, tourist attractions, etc. 

The coolest thing about where I live is that Fiest (a famous Canadian singer) wrote a song about the area. The song is called Mushaboom. 

#2 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@ParanoidFreak:

I can only think of a few things.

Ellen Page
Sidney Crosby
And the largest man made explosion at the time.(Not really cool though, kinda sad.) It's also still the worlds largest accidental explosion i believe.
#3 Posted by dantheman1515 (297 posts) -

Fresno. Was named the Drunkest City in America. Is also called the armpit of California. And is the meth capitol of the world basically. So glad I'm moving to Santa Barbara for school in a few weeks. :)

#4 Posted by ColinRyan (295 posts) -

I can see Bono's house from mine. That's kinda cool. Also it's the 3rd largest town in Ireland. No we've got nothing.

#5 Posted by Aronman789 (2682 posts) -

we have an okay mall 
my high school is an open one so you get light and fresh air, sadly when it rains the school floods 
can't think of anything else...my town is boring

#6 Posted by CaptainMax (218 posts) -

I live in Vancouver Canada. Id say the two best things about were I live are the beautiful nature and the cheap high quality marijuana.

#7 Edited by Andorski (5341 posts) -

Long Beach.  The LBC.  Snoop Dogg put this place on the fuckin' map.

@dantheman1515 said:

" Fresno. Was named the Drunkest City in America. Is also called the armpit of California. And is the meth capitol of the world basically. So glad I'm moving to Santa Barbara for school in a few weeks. :) "

UCSB?  Enjoy Halloween man.  Tits everywhere.
#8 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

Optimus Prime is my next door neighbor.

#9 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3487 posts) -

A cinema :I

#10 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I live really close to the National United States Air Force Museum.

#11 Posted by Skytylz (4033 posts) -

A cruise night where there is a like a 5 block party by the college.  I went last year, before my junior year of high school for awhile.  I avoided it this year, because I had just bought a new vehicle with my parents help and didn't want to get mip'ed or something.

#12 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@mylifeforAiur said:
"

A cinema :I

"
NICE! You got me beat.
#13 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

we have a walmart

#14 Posted by EpicSteve (6490 posts) -

In southern Ohio, we got some of them best amusement parks in the country, our National Guard has the best military records, three major cities, the great lakes, and we have Skyline Chili.

#15 Posted by chw (101 posts) -
@ParanoidFreak said:

What is the one thing that makes the area you live in cool?

Me.
#16 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3487 posts) -

@CL60: Seriously? I live in a rural town, so the cinema is the only "fun" place in town. It's a damn mighty fine cinema though ;)

#17 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@mylifeforAiur said:
"

@CL60: Seriously? I live in a rural town, so the cinema is the only "fun" place in town. It's a damn mighty fine cinema though ;)

"
Yeah, only things note worthy in my area are, Ellen Page, Sidney Crosby, and the largest accidental man-made explosion in history.
#18 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5276 posts) -

Mall of America is all I can think of. Most of us Minnesotans think its a joke anyway, and it's there mostly for the tourists. Still it's fun to be overwhelmed with capitalism at its finest from time to time.

#19 Posted by chstupid (806 posts) -

NASA and a Super Target thats right Super Target. It has pizza hut and a starbucks inside.
#20 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@chstupid said:
"
NASA and a Super Target thats right Super Target. It has pizza hut and a starbucks inside. "
Super Target sounds amazing.
#21 Posted by Three0neFive (2297 posts) -

BioWare.

#22 Edited by papercut (3502 posts) -

San Francisco. Giant Bomb offices. 

#23 Edited by xxizzypop (577 posts) -
@dantheman1515: Apache Junction, Arizona would like to have a word with you about meth capitols. 

Here in my little town in Maine, there's a tavern and a small bowling alley with an Area 51 machine that's a quarter a life. That's about it. 

@chstupid: Now hold the fucking phone. Pizza Hut. AND A STARBUCKS? God damn.
#24 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -
@papercut:
Sweet! You should definitely go stalk some dudes from the site.
#25 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

I hadn't really thought about it but theres nothing really cool about where i live

#26 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -
@CL60:
Haha, I saw Ellen Page with her boyfriend at a restaurant a couple months back. It was the closest I've ever been to a big celebrity, and I didn't even realize it was her until she was gone.
#27 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1666 posts) -

I live near the cantaloupe capital of the world.

#28 Posted by Andorski (5341 posts) -
@chstupid said:
"
NASA and a Super Target thats right Super Target. It has pizza hut and a starbucks inside. "
Pfft.  My Target has both too, and it's just the regular version.
#29 Edited by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

All convenient stores/discount supermarkets within ten minute range from my home. 
And we've got a few nice musea scattered around the town. 
Other then that, it's rather dull, and that's the very reason why I like living here so much!
#30 Edited by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

I live near a golf course and if you look at it from a bird eye's point of view it looks like a massive, flaccid penis. It's more depressing then cool really but that's the only thing of remote interest. I mean there's a few celebrities but they're all the annoying ones.

#31 Posted by thai_jedi (81 posts) -

I live in Thailand. Need I say more? :)

#32 Posted by Vrikk (910 posts) -

Uhm. Nothing. It's the second richest county in MD.

#33 Posted by DillonWerner (1528 posts) -

The Jefferson National Expansion Memorial (Gateway Arch or just Arch)

#34 Posted by Jolt92 (1558 posts) -

We have a really good floorball team here.

#35 Posted by Hamst3r (4516 posts) -

Los Angeles. Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles.

Also, the best god-damned burgers and chili cheese durgers anywhere.

#36 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -
@Jolt92:
I've never heard of floorball before.
#37 Posted by RaccoonusDoodus (324 posts) -

I live in LA, there's a lot of cool stuff here.
But the coolest thing? Hookers.

#38 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Kurt Cobain wrote most of the Nermind album while living here...We also have a cool black metal band called Wolves in the Throne Room.  That is about it, my town sucks and is full of hippies and junkies.
#39 Posted by Grilledcheez (3952 posts) -

Steeler nation

#40 Posted by Tireyo (6445 posts) -

It's quiet.............

#41 Posted by Jolt92 (1558 posts) -
@ParanoidFreak:

That's how cool my city is.

No but seriously, it's mostly played in Scandinavia. It's like indoors hockey, with a ball (i.e. hockey but for pussies).

#42 Posted by Heylook (235 posts) -
@CaptainMax said:
" I live in Vancouver Canada. Id say the two best things about were I live are the beautiful nature and the cheap high quality marijuana. "
Sameness.
#43 Posted by Scrawnto (2455 posts) -

Let's see. I'm a ten-minute walk from the beach. I sometimes hear sea lions from my house in the morning. There's the Santa Cruz Boardwalk, which is pretty neat. Also The Lost Boys was filmed here.

#44 Posted by EternalInfinity0 (163 posts) -

It's motherfucking Manhattan. That's the coolest thing.

#45 Posted by Jolt92 (1558 posts) -
@Scrawnto:

That's awesome, are they loud or what? I don't think I've ever heard one before when visiting a zoo.

#46 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

Shenandoah National Park.

#47 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

its Washington. take your pick

#48 Posted by luchadeer797 (294 posts) -

we have two highways running through the middle of are town, its quite exciting..... oh god my town sucks.

#49 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -
@Ryax:
The state or the city?
#50 Posted by m2thek (42 posts) -

The (horse) race track in Saratoga Springs