• 152 results
#51 Posted by KME93 (206 posts) -

The fact that everything is 5 min away driving distance from my apartment. And when I say everything I mean the following: Mall, Movie Theater, CHIPOTLE!, Walmart, Super Target ( I get the best of both worlds with a super target and a walmart that are both in walking distance), an assload of 7-11's, Best Buy with Ipads to play with, a lot of variety in resturants, some of the best places for wings, both of my best friends live in my neighborhood, my gf lives in the neighborhood down the street, and my school is also 5 min. away whoo that was a lot 

#52 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6398 posts) -

At one point during the late nineties, we held the record (according to NPR) for most amount of bars per capita.  That's not saying much when you only have about a thousand people, but it's one of the few notable things about this place.  

Oh, and the original Face from A-Team (and the original Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica) is originally from this area and went to school with my grandmother.  Met him once - very nice guy.

#53 Posted by Yummylee (22572 posts) -

There's literally nothing of note on my estate where I live. My overall area of Wirral, though, in Chester is least the birthplace of Daniel Craig..

#54 Posted by toots (478 posts) -

brooklyn. its interesting

#55 Posted by President_Barackbar (3474 posts) -
@Hamst3r said:
".  Also, the best god-damned burgers and chili cheese durgers anywhere. "
Hells yeah, you have the original Pink's AND Tommy's. Score.
#56 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -
@KME93:
I had never heard of "Super Target" before this thread, seeing as how a couple of people have mentioned it I must be missing out.
#57 Posted by Romination (2777 posts) -

Gene Roddenberry was born there.

All there is named for him is a shitty planetarium. Fuck my city.

#58 Posted by AgentofChaos (1565 posts) -

I live in the largest city in Northern California. Its not San Fran. But its awesome!

#59 Posted by slyspider (1371 posts) -

well, i live in texas so i like people who come here looking for the wild west.... funnest thing ever

#60 Edited by M_33 (527 posts) -

Some french-canadian band made a song about a highschool I don't go to in a place I live in... That's pretty cool... right? 

#61 Posted by one_2nd (2333 posts) -

Literally nothing. Have you seen Jersey Shore? It's like that, without the beaches. (Staten Island, NY)

#62 Posted by supermike6 (3645 posts) -

Chicago Blackhawk defenseman (and Olympic gold medalist) Brent Seabrook grew up in my town. Also, we have a beach. 

#63 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -

If you're from Australia and like basketball you probably know this guy. He taught me how to play basketball :3. Also this guy is from my town. He had the record for most games played until Lou Gehrig broke it. Dick.

#64 Edited by McSmunions (582 posts) -
The Bread and Roses strike of 1912.    kind of a bummer outcome, but still one of the most famous things in the city.

oh and i'm sure the North East isn't alone in this but i'll say it anyways...four seasons bitches.

@one_2nd:  dude if anything, Wu-Tang is pretty fucking cool coming out of Staten Island. i think all of New York can boast of their awesome Hip-Hop scene.
#65 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -
@one_2nd said:
" Literally nothing. Have you seen Jersey Shore? It's like that, without the beaches. (Staten Island, NY) "
does that mean your a Guido ? 

sonic just opened up. it opened up in like june or july. i still haven't gone there yet.
#66 Posted by one_2nd (2333 posts) -
@iam3green: No, I am not a guido. 
#67 Posted by ajamafalous (12161 posts) -

Austin, Texas.

It's like the one non-shitty place in Texas.

#68 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -
@one_2nd said:
" @iam3green: No, I am not a guido.  "
nice, nice, do you get that a lot?
#69 Posted by d_breeze (226 posts) -

meh... Phoenix is boring. But I do like that no matter which direction you look in you can see mountains... assuming you're in an open area since I live in the valley. I also like that it doesn't get cold and it's not humid.        
#70 Posted by Ghostfish (234 posts) -

We've got the house that was the inspiration for Nightmare on Elm Street.

#71 Posted by one_2nd (2333 posts) -
@iam3green said:
" @one_2nd said:
" @iam3green: No, I am not a guido.  "
nice, nice, do you get that a lot? "
On the internet, yes, yes i do. Here's a picture of me. You can clearly see I'm not a guido. 
#72 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -
@Andorski said:
" @chstupid said:
"
NASA and a Super Target thats right Super Target. It has pizza hut and a starbucks inside. "
Pfft.  My Target has both too, and it's just the regular version. "
Yeh, I think all Targets have them.
#73 Posted by Dolph_Zigler (11 posts) -
@Andorski: 
Hi, I'm Dolph Zigler.
#74 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Dolph_Zigler said:
" @Andorski:  Hi, I'm Dolph Zigler. "
Kofi Kingston is better then you.
#75 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

The manager of Dunfermline Athletic football (soccer w/e) club used to live a few doors down from me.

Also Kevin Mckidd's children used to go to the local primary school, my mum used to speak to him in the mornings. Some of you may know him from the TV series Rome or Greys Anatomy.

#76 Edited by xyzygy (10078 posts) -
@ParanoidFreak said:

"
What is the one thing that makes the area you live in cool?

Ex: 
Local celebrities, unusual things, tourist attractions, etc. 

The coolest thing about where I live is that Fiest (a famous Canadian singer) wrote a song about the area. The song is called Mushaboom. 

"
OMG, what the hell. You live near Mushaboom? My family is from Sheet Harbour. 

Weird. 

On topic - well I live by the water so there are some really beautiful cliffs and beaches that no one knows about. It's just a very serene and peaceful area.
#77 Posted by animateria (3265 posts) -

As someone who lived in the Orange County and Los Angeles County... 

Do I really need to mention anything?

If cool shit happens it happens around here.

#78 Posted by DieRunning (49 posts) -

I can use my hand as a map.

#79 Edited by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

The Liberty Bell! 
lol not really 

have to go with the sports teams, i love me some philliesflyerseaglesunion etc

#80 Posted by zero2000 (70 posts) -

I got nothin...unless any of you think Tractor Pulls are reallllyyyy cool?

#81 Posted by audiosnag (1582 posts) -

Dis

And dis 

And lots of dees
#82 Posted by Dalai (7071 posts) -

Yep, that's a pretty cool thing.
#83 Posted by twhalen (126 posts) -

I live within half an hour of id software and within an hour of Gearbox software. It's also where Quakecon takes place each year. 
Those are the coolest things for me.

#84 Posted by RankRabbit (394 posts) -

Winter, because Greensboro sucks

#85 Posted by afrofools (1335 posts) -

I live near a river, a powerstation, a word-heritage rainforest, a sugarcane field, a caravan park, many suburbs, waterfalls, mountain trains, and a tropical city with luxury yachts and hotels going along the esplanade (the only pretty face on the small city). I think the cool thing would have to be the deadly rapids on the river that you can go rafting on; not the ski park/ bungee tower / motorbike courses. Somebody other than me should start a thread about what are the most dangerous animals living near your house; because I have got Taipans & Salt Water Crocodiles (that go upstream into fresh water - the bastards!).

#86 Posted by Zurgfrog (155 posts) -

I live about 5 min from the edmonton branch of Bioware

#87 Posted by m1k3 (1338 posts) -

the ONLY coolest thing where i live is that Magic Mountain is about 5 mins. away. but even that really isn't cool lol.

#88 Posted by iBePeRFeCT (396 posts) -

Panama City, FL.  Easily the best thing is Spring Break.  Drunk women everywhere for about a whole month.  Last few here have been amazing to say the least.

#89 Posted by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @ParanoidFreak:  I can only think of a few things.  Ellen Page Sidney Crosby And the largest man made explosion at the time.(Not really cool though, kinda sad.) It's also still the worlds largest accidental explosion i believe. "
halifax?
#90 Posted by JJOR64 (19070 posts) -
#91 Posted by TooWalrus (13257 posts) -

We've got a giant, fully functional nuclear reactor that we're not allowed to turn on, because of hippies.

#92 Posted by LaszloKovacs (1214 posts) -

If you count my folks' place, it's near two major universities and one of the dudes from Bad Religion has a house there.

If you're talking about where my apartment is, I guess our Chipotle is the best thing about it. Henrietta sucks real bad.

#93 Posted by RandomHero666 (3184 posts) -

All these here Murals, and more. They are everywhere here and are pretty kewl.
+ Giants Causeway + A giant Wall with cannons

Only other kewl thing is Me!!
#94 Edited by GoodKn1ght (491 posts) -
@dantheman1515 said:

" Fresno. Was named the Drunkest City in America. Is also called the armpit of California. And is the meth capitol of the world basically. So glad I'm moving to Santa Barbara for school in a few weeks. :) "

I'm about an hour away from fresno and this man speaks the truth. Just the middle of california is know for meth. Just the merced county in general is terrible... 
So yes I'm saying the coolest thing about where i live is that there is a shit load of meth. Also our cops are actually pretty chill, they generally leave you alone no matter how late or what your doing. And lets not forget, we get alot of northern humbult (sp) weed.... 
i live in a shit hole with nothing to do but drugs...
#95 Posted by ryoma122 (699 posts) -

i live just a cross a road from what will be a 24 hour store

#96 Posted by SilentCommando (579 posts) -

Manhattan

#97 Posted by Philedius (204 posts) -

The Phallological Museum, I guess.

#98 Edited by ptys (1992 posts) -

#99 Posted by dudeglove (8299 posts) -

Moscow has the best fucking Metro system in the world. Seriously, fuck the Kremliln and all those other bullshit tourist traps - take a trip around any of the various stations (about 180 of them and counting), because they're full of chandeliers, mosaics, statues, and a host of other crap. Some pics

Plus you'll see complete psychopaths as well riding the trains, which is always fun.

#100 Posted by dutch42 (533 posts) -

Honestly the best thing about my town is that my office is 2 minutes away from my flat. Also cool, there is a decent pub located on that 2 minute walk.