#101 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

There are no single things in particular I would call amazing that couldn't be found elsewhere. But it all rolls together into a nice package.

#102 Edited by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

A hotel made completely of Ice. There's also lots of snow and darkness.

#103 Posted by TomA (2531 posts) -

South Surrey,BC. It's part of the Metro Vancouver area. To name a few awesome things about it...

For some reason, they'res a massive amount of young, hot women here. And not like slutty hot, real hot.Especially this one girl at Cob's Bread....but i digress. Umm i live 5 minutes away from the US border which i took advantage of on Saturday when i went to Birch Bay. I had a Tollhouse chocalate chip cookie ice cream sandwhich and Mountain Dew Code Red and i said to myself, "god bless America":) We don't have those in Vancouver. I live close to a kick ass comic book store near White Rock beach. 

I lived in Germany for awhile and I was within walking distance of the resting place of The Berlin Wall. That was pretty neat. Germany has a ton of cool stuff btw.

#104 Posted by Labbo94 (155 posts) -

We have a lot of cool (but disappearing) French/Canadian heritage, some nice nature, and shit loads of Somali immigrants. Woohoo.

#105 Posted by NotoriousPIG (26 posts) -

I live in Camden right now so I'd have to say the restaurants and the markets.

Otherwise if I still lived in sweden it would be all the hotties in skimpy outfits.

#106 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@blacklabeldomm said:
" @CL60 said:
" @ParanoidFreak:  I can only think of a few things.  Ellen Page Sidney Crosby And the largest man made explosion at the time.(Not really cool though, kinda sad.) It's also still the worlds largest accidental explosion i believe. "
halifax? "
Yes.
#107 Posted by Herocide (440 posts) -
@CL60:  I'm from Dartmouth :D

Not much cool stuff about Dartmouth...
#108 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -
@xyzygy:
Wow, that's crazy. Did you ever live around here, or just your family?
#109 Posted by A_Wet_Shamwow (230 posts) -

I live in Vermont and every foliage i feel that i live in a pretty cool place

#110 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

It has ultra polite armed guards and policemen.

#111 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

Portland - Yo, the Blazers are here.

/thread 

:P

#112 Edited by xyzygy (9935 posts) -
@ParanoidFreak said:

" @xyzygy: Wow, that's crazy. Did you ever live around here, or just your family? "

Well I live near Guysborough now, but we visit there every so often. I really like it there, regardless of how small it is. My grandparents and mom grew up there though. And we still have lots of relatives there. One of the roads is actually named after the family's last name.
#113 Posted by FreakAche (2951 posts) -
#114 Posted by AuthenticM (3706 posts) -
#115 Posted by SBYM (1219 posts) -

I get to listen to lots of super cool and awesome gun shots and sirens and the occasional helicopter, so it's easy to stay awake thanks to all of the delightful loud noises happening. I guess that counts. <_<;

#116 Posted by bonbolapti (1611 posts) -
@TheSeductiveMoose said:
"   A hotel made completely of Ice. There's also lots of snow and darkness. "

This is amazing. I need to go! I want to go!
#117 Posted by dr_nefarious (1614 posts) -

Coolest thing about where I live? Probably the fact that there's a restaurant on basically every corner stop. Well actually I don't know if that's a good thing...But we do have NASA! :)

#118 Posted by Kratch (367 posts) -

Nebraska has amazing thunderstorms in the summer.  I love it.

#119 Posted by Thrillhouse87 (230 posts) -

The view?

took this with my webcam just now
#120 Edited by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

We were the first European settlement in the United States.  Unfortunately, a hurricane forced the people leave and come back later, therefore eliminating us from the record of oldest continuous settlement, which is held by St. Augustine.

#121 Posted by LiquidPrince (15901 posts) -
@Aronman789 said:
"  my high school is an open one so you get light and fresh air, sadly when it rains the school floods can't think of anything else...my town is boring "
Haha, what XD
#122 Posted by OutOfBounds9000 (2300 posts) -

The greatest thing about Boston is Newbury Street,period.(Newbury Street is a major shopping district). 

The worst thing is that everyone at the local bar makes fun of you when you say aboot (im canadian).Which sucks.

#123 Posted by supermonkey122 (814 posts) -

George Washington lived here.
#124 Posted by itsmadness (143 posts) -

Silicon Valley man.

Tech companies are EVERYWHERE...or at least used to :P

#125 Posted by Marcsman (3177 posts) -

A two dollar car wash.
#126 Posted by MikkaQ (10277 posts) -

Toronto... I guess we're retardedly multicultural, and lots of inter-racial marriages equal a large proportion of gorgeous ladies, of every flavor. Inbreeding is so passé. 

Also we have a good film industry here too, if you're into that. 

#127 Posted by Suicidal_SNiper (949 posts) -

We have the highest teen pregnancy ratio in Canada and I believe STD ratio as well. Yay for us?

#128 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

Toronto Film Festival and some expo of some sort. Either way, Toronto is fucking boring.

#129 Posted by momosauky1 (148 posts) -

i hate to say this but Vancouver and weed 

#130 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

i live in the middle of nowhere. that's kind of cool, right?

....right?

D:

#131 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -
@LiquidPrince:  look:
no roof in the middle, and most of the walls are made of cinder blocks, so lots of openings for water
#132 Posted by jschmoe (142 posts) -

I'm going to take your question literally - the coolest thing about where I live is the temperature.  Winters are fucking COLD.  -40 is not uncommon.

#133 Posted by JessicaBoo (404 posts) -

I will go max cheese lol, but being with my boyfriend is what makes living in Canada superb. :) Plus is a city is a lot of things around here. But when im England, the best thing about living there, is living at 20 minutes drive from the Theater of Dreams. Yes. The Manchester United stadium. I used to work there, :)
#134 Posted by JBird (489 posts) -

Robin Hood!

#135 Posted by Mrnitropb (2090 posts) -

Breweries. Off the top pf my head, there are 3 micro brew/ brew pubs, and 2 larger micro breweries, namely Troegs, within a 20 minute drive.

#136 Posted by x_XJules (303 posts) -

Space Needle! FUCK YES.

#137 Posted by jackbag (209 posts) -

Being able to get pretty much any kind of food in the world.  And have it be good.

Off the top of my head, I can name legit Mexican, Japanese, Chinese, Ethiopian, Guatemalan, Cuban, Italian, Korean, Indian, Brazilian, Vietnamese, Russian, Mediterranean, Thai, Ecuadorian, Polish and Spanish restaurants here in Chicago. BBQ, tapas, sushi, pizza, steakhouses, shabu shabu, whatever. 

#138 Posted by illmatic19 (964 posts) -

The CN tower I guess.

#139 Posted by SumDeus (1857 posts) -

....it's fucking New York.

#140 Posted by fez_soni (78 posts) -

only thing we got is Rachel McAdams. 

#141 Posted by Blueman (753 posts) -

We gave the world The Beatles.

#142 Posted by jaycee13 (523 posts) -

South Tyneside hmm... Nice beach, easy to aquire alcohol and drugs if your over nine years old, one of the highest teen pregnancy rates in England. Thats all I can think of.

#143 Posted by LiquidPrince (15901 posts) -
@Aronman789: That's hilarious. Do you guys go home whenever it rains.
#144 Edited by SJSchmidt93 (4894 posts) -

Nothing?

Lots of tornadoes, I believe my county is also notorious for methamphetamine.

#145 Posted by Gargantuan (1882 posts) -
#146 Posted by xthegames3 (16 posts) -

The home of Marlon Brando. Enough said.

#147 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -
@LiquidPrince: nah, we go on with classes since the classrooms don't have any openings that water could get through, but getting to the buses is a total bitch since i'm at the other end of the school
#148 Posted by Mikemcn (6968 posts) -

What is the coolest thing about where i live?

Beautiful Vistas

And the largest national park in the United States.
#149 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

Hmm, Scotland as a whole is pretty fucking gorgeous (where my parents live is no exception).

The specific part I'm from? Well, the West End in Glasgow is pretty chill.

#150 Posted by amandackrueger (251 posts) -
@twhalen said:
" I live within half an hour of id software and within an hour of Gearbox software. It's also where Quakecon takes place each year.  Those are the coolest things for me. "
Word.