• 79 results
#1 Posted by Tonbergum (16 posts) -

For me my friends bet me that I couldn't play WoW 100 hours in a week. It was only like $50 but I didn't have plans for my spring break so I did it. It really sucked though, because it was during the end of the LK expansion and I didn't have anything to do so I just gathered and mined pretty much the whole time!

What about you guys?

#2 Posted by Pie (7111 posts) -

Man you're right. That is super cool.

#3 Posted by CaptainObvious (3000 posts) -

That is radical.

#4 Posted by JasonR86 (9726 posts) -

I made the best sandwich I'd ever eaten in my entire life today which lead to the best shit I'd ever take in my entire life. That was pretty cool.

#5 Edited by Winternet (8053 posts) -

Replying to this thread.

#6 Edited by TehPickle (549 posts) -

@jasonr86: Whoah man, your bowels are fast!

#7 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Killed Satan Claus.

#8 Edited by JasonR86 (9726 posts) -

@jasonr86: Whoah man, your bowels are fast!

My stomach felt so fucking great afterwards!

#9 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

xX360XXnoscopeXx headshot on some noob scrub in another lobby in my call of duty all while smoking weed with my crip gang

thuggin lyfe

#10 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

No idea.
Unless it's cool to donate to a different charity every month? It's that really something "totally awesome" or "cool"?
To me it's more like a normal and nice gesture, I think. I dunno.

Also, by charity I don't mean the humble indie bundle-type of things(though those get a lot of my money as well)

I punched a Giant into space, he was headed for the Death Star and never came back down.
What? Skyrim is fun when it's modded

#11 Edited by Sterling (2701 posts) -

Procreated.

#12 Posted by Scrawnto (2466 posts) -

Dance onstage at a New Years Eve concert, maybe? That was pretty cool.

Actually, going to the Whiskey Media Block Party is still probably the coolest thing I've ever done, considering I still brag about that on a regular basis.

#13 Edited by BigJeffrey (5178 posts) -

Mile high club

#14 Edited by mosespippy (4448 posts) -

I once had 6 cheerleaders straighten my hair.

#15 Edited by Jimbo (9993 posts) -

Cool story! Felt like I was hugging an iceberg from start to finish! Would read again.

#16 Edited by RVonE (4700 posts) -

Probably giving a social theory lecture to an audience of 200 in a really beautiful church and discussing at length Nietzsche's thesis on the death of God from Die fröhliche Wissenschaft.

Either that or finding the love of my life.

#17 Edited by Arbie (1437 posts) -

@zeforgotten: You're so beautiful!

I haven't ever done anything cool. Although on Monday I did volunteer at an animal sanctuary where I got to help old sheep with arthritis outside to sit in the sunshine! That was pretty heartwarming. Oh! And I saw the new Iron Man on someday last week! Tony Stark makes everyone cool.

#18 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@arbie: I know, you tell me that every day! gawd! :P
You follow my shenanigans, you know what I "waste" money on.

#19 Posted by TheHBK (5563 posts) -

Had sex.

#20 Edited by believer258 (12189 posts) -

Today, I e-mailed a cover letter and resume to Chiquita headquarters, the banana-company, about a co-op (internship, essentially). They called back this afternoon, I'm going for an interview Tuesday. Keep in mind that I'm a small-town quiet kid, I have always pictured myself being nothing but a small-town quiet man. The potential of being in a big city, working at an international company's headquarters, sounds hard to believe for me.

So, yeah. Coolest thing to happen to me in a while is a phone call to tell me that something cool will soon happen to me, even if I don't get the job I at least got the attention of an interviewer.

#21 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5090 posts) -

I'm unable to do anything cool...

#22 Edited by Hawkerace (285 posts) -

Piss and fart out of my butt and cry after a session of a Chinese buffet/laundromat lunch-in.

#23 Posted by Abendlaender (2889 posts) -

Reading the thread title and then thinking about it for like five minutes has to be the most depressing thing this week ....thanks

#24 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4494 posts) -

Piss and fart out of my butt and cry after a session of a Chinese buffet/laundromat lunch-in.

You probably need to see a medical professional if you're pissing out of your ass.

#25 Edited by SomeJerk (3389 posts) -

I declined a big two-week filming job (realityshow) in Sri Lanka that would have earned me $4000 in favour of keeping a close friend company so that she wouldn't off herself, after she endured a weekend you wouldn't want to see written into words by her then psychopath boyfriend who happened to be the untouchable son of a top local politician.

Three years later she's got a safe life with a trusty dependable husband that even I would put my faith into, a shining future ahead of her, and a little baby girl.

$4000 was almost a third of what I earned a year at the time, the production company had to scrap the entire thing because of this so there were some harsh feelings and bad rap. That's nothing compared to keeping alive and well the woman I loved so much that I had to leave her to somebody else.

It's a matter of perspective. Before that event in my life it was probably speedrunning vanilla WoW as a new server launched and getting the first level 60 - despite going away at level 54 to party in another city the entire weekend.

#26 Edited by zFUBARz (637 posts) -

Hmm, sky diving, bungee jumping, motorcycle riding, mountain climbing, cliff diving, exploring ancient greek ruins, getting costumed up and running rampant at a ball game, literal sex on the beach, white water rafting, hanging from the tallest building in the country, spelunking. Maybe organizing charity events, saving a person's life, volunteering with a variety of organizations, sitting in with a buddhist service in a mountain top temple.

I guess by the metric of this thread I'd have to do with staying awake for 7 days straight once. That was totally cool.

#27 Posted by Osaladin (2543 posts) -

I found a cure for the common cold.

#28 Edited by Everyones_A_Critic (6311 posts) -

@somejerk said:

I declined a big two-week filming job (realityshow) in Sri Lanka that would have earned me $4000 in favour of keeping a close friend company so that she wouldn't off herself, after she endured a weekend you wouldn't want to see written into words by her then psychopath boyfriend who happened to be the untouchable son of a top local politician.

Three years later she's got a safe life with a trusty dependable husband that even I would put my faith into, a shining future ahead of her, and a little baby girl.

$4000 was almost a third of what I earned a year at the time, the production company had to scrap the entire thing because of this so there were some harsh feelings and bad rap. That's nothing compared to keeping alive and well the woman I loved so much that I had to leave her to somebody else.

It's a matter of perspective. Before that event in my life it was probably speedrunning vanilla WoW as a new server launched and getting the first level 60 - despite going away at level 54 to party in another city the entire weekend.

Wow man. You're a good dude.

Mine isn't an accomplishment or anything but last year I popped my music festival cherry at Camp Bisco in upstate New York. It was three days of all sorts of DJ's and electronic music with jam bands and rappers seamlessly woven in between for variety. There were no cops on the premises, security was handled by the Hell's Angels, and they were surprisingly really cool dudes. As long as you didn't start fights they'd let you do whatever the fuck you wanted. It sounds like hyperbole but I can honestly say it was the best weekend of my life. The sense of community I typically get from live shows was multiplied by ten while I was there. I didn't meet a single person I didn't like and the general atmosphere around the festival grounds was irreplaceable anywhere else, which is exactly why I'll be right back there this July.

#29 Posted by WickedFather (1733 posts) -

Turned away from the bowling ball as it went down the alley and walked back towards my friends whose faces all showed that it was a strike.

#30 Edited by Elwoodan (868 posts) -

Jeff nodded at me in the hallway at pax-east this year.

#31 Edited by doosmacleod (189 posts) -

Coated a late 70s-era wood-paneling TV in oil, lit it on fire, and threw it off of a farm silo.

High school was weird.

#32 Edited by RandomHero666 (3183 posts) -

Reading this thread

#33 Posted by Asrahn (555 posts) -

I once met and was allowed to pat wild wolves.

Very special moment in my life.

I also beat the last part of Ninja Gaiden while drunk.

#34 Posted by mandude (2666 posts) -

Fucking thread title typos.

#35 Edited by Sinusoidal (1806 posts) -

Probably the first or second time I ever golfed, I sunk an 80 yard chip-in with a 9-iron. Mind you I sucked so bad, it probably took me 10 strokes to get within 80 yards of the hole.

#36 Edited by jaycee13 (523 posts) -

While on a date with a girl I really liked, three skinheads who happened to be loitering by the bus stop started racially abusing me and harassing my date for fraternising with a "half-breed". Since we had to get the bus from this particular stop, I casually gave them the finger and continued chatting to her. Then came the distinct sound of the thighs of tracksuit pants flapping against each other and the leader of the three was suddenly right in my face, sticking his chest out like a peacock. He whispered something along the lines of "Who the fuck do you think you are you little cunt, your kind should be purged." I pushed him back with a little force which in his mind gave full justification for full blown violence.

He hooked me in the neck, right under my ear. I stumbled and regained composure in a couple of seconds while he stood and laughed. Adrenaline rushed through me and before I knew it I was in an all out street fight with the three of them. It was scrappy, dirty and incredibly lucky but I managed hurt them enough for them to retreat. I got hit a lot and probably sustained more damage than I caused in all honesty but regardless, I felt great. My nose and lip were bust, I had a cut on my brow which was seeping blood into my eye and there was a massive bruise on my cheek.

After all was said and done I laid down on the grass for a breather and my date sat next to me, scolding me harshly for fighting. Since we had missed our bus by this point she called her father to come pick us up. When he got there he laughed at my face, shook my hand and called me "Rocky". My date was livid at both of us since she despises violence and didn't find any amusement at all in the situation. We went to her house and her mother gave me some medical attention since she happened to be a nurse, I hugged her and told her I was sorry and that it was some sort of primitive man thing that caused me to defend my honour. Unfortunately, this kind of killed my relationship with her as she now saw me as some kind of thug.

Regardless of the love loss and the injuries, I think this is the most invigorated I've ever felt in my life and even though I'm all liberal and anti-violence, it felt so gratifying to successfully defend my honour. Not saying violence is cool but... Well, yeah violence is pretty cool.

TLDR: Won a fight alone against three skinheads

#37 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3924 posts) -

I went sky diving, I went Rocky Mountain climbing, I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named FuManChu.

#38 Edited by zFUBARz (637 posts) -

@sinusoidal said:

Probably the first or second time I ever golfed, I sunk an 80 yard chip-in with a 9-iron. Mind you I sucked so bad, it probably took me 10 strokes to get within 80 yards of the hole.

Promise I'm not trying to one up, but that reminded me when I was a teenager at some dingy little course beside a friends cottage I once got a hole in one. Cool enough right? Nope, So I did my drive, and this particular hole had a big old birch tree with one huge branch hanging halfway out over the fairway right in front of the green, Like I said it wasn't a great course, you wouldn't get something like that at a good one, but damned if my drive didn't come up a bit short, land smack dab on that branch, bounce up and onto the green, and straight in the hole.

#40 Edited by Basm321 (324 posts) -

Went to Glacier National Park and hiked the High Line trail, then hiked out to Avalanche Lake and caught some fish. Also while my dad and I were hiking to the lake a man with a prosthetic leg passed us...

Also a you Golden Eagle landed on the hood of our truck in Cave Lake State Park, but I did not do that, I just saw that. It was incredible though.

#41 Edited by Unilad (580 posts) -

Honestly, (as sad it sounds) getting my degree in Law, and then moving to live in Hong Kong. I really felt this cemented myself as an intellectual, independent individual, and no longer my father's son.

#42 Edited by TheStimpinator (105 posts) -

So mine either comes down to cliff diving like 65 feet into ~12 feet of water and not dying, or having the opportunity to enjoy an hour flight in a F-4 Phantom II fighter. That was pretty dope.

#44 Posted by JouselDelka (966 posts) -

I placed a portal on the moon

#45 Posted by 49th (2847 posts) -

Not so much something I've done but an experience I had.

On holiday in South Africa in a National Park driving around in my uncle's car, we were looking out for animals and I spotted a small elephant in the bushes near the side of the road. We watched it for a while until more elephants started appearing and proceeding to cross the road all around us. We were stuck there for about 7 minutes just looking at elephants on all sides, which, although amazing, was also quite terrifying at the time - knowing that if one of them decided to charge there would be no where for us to go and we didn't have a well protected vehicle. I also got to pet young Lions on that trip and one of them bit my jeans which was cool.

#46 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

I have done nothing of worth or note after 26 years, 7 months, and 18 days of living on this planet. Thanks for the reminder.

#47 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Discovered masturbation?

#48 Posted by Daneian (1251 posts) -

One of the most popular girls in high school handed me her phone number because she thought I was smart. That was pretty cool.

I totally whiffed it though.

#49 Posted by supamon (1334 posts) -

Discovered life.

#50 Edited by Levio (1786 posts) -

I had superpowers in a dream once. It was pretty cool.