• 83 results
#51 Posted by TheBluthCompany (442 posts) -

@sgtsphynx: Batman's last word is saying "Gotcha" to the God of Evil. It's great.

#52 Edited by crithon (3512 posts) -

nothing tops the first Batman animated series aired on TV. It was a revolution, in the 80s there was a big arguement over Adam West camp and Frank Miller shaven gorilla monologs and Dirty Harry knock off, and even after the Burton films were released there was constant debate by fanboys "THAT'S NOT THE REAL BATMAN." Even spoken by me, at the age of 12. It was not till the Bruce Timm animated series where no one questioned who was the real Batman.

they were stealing left over paints from Tiny Toons in order to do this after hours.

Darwyn Cooke also rejected by DC comics after writing Batman Ego, and with that got hired to work on Bruce Timm's Superman and Batman series. Just to show just how messed up comics are compared to Bruce Timm's team understanding of the character.

#53 Edited by RupertTheBear (212 posts) -

In Infinite Crises Batman assembles a team he handpicked himself in order to destroy a rouge satellite he had created. When they reach the satellite he was giving specific orders to certain people based on their abilities, all except for Green Arrow who ask the question "Why'd the hell you call a guy who can only shoot trick arrows?". Batman response "Just to see if you'd show" . I liked how Batman can lighten up a bit and be a dick sometime despite him being serious most of the time

My other favorite moment is in the game Arkham City when Hugo Strange is bombarding Arkham City with missles and Batman orders Babs to shut the city down and concentrate on finding the Joker while Babs explains she cant or else people in the city will die. Then Alfred explains to Batman that even thought he wants to go after the Joker, deep down he knows Batman needs to save Gotham. Reluctantly Batman agrees and tries to stop Strange. The moment Alfred said the city needs Batman, i felt like saving the city. That was an awesome hero moment that i felt in a videogame.

#54 Edited by TrulyAlive (1091 posts) -
It's not my *favourite* moment, but I outright adore the end of Arkham City.
@jaqen_hghar said:

Every page of "Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth". Art, all of it.

As for one single scene... the final joke in "The Killing Joke". It's just so perfect.

You, sir, exemplify my opinion 100%. Fucking adore Serious House, Serious Earth so hard.

...extra points for the username. Valar Morghulis.

#55 Edited by Jaqen_HGhar (1094 posts) -

@trulyalive: Glad more people share that view! Valar dohaeris.
I tried to find something to share from Arkham Asylum, so here it is. The Joker:

#56 Posted by GunstarRed (5758 posts) -

#57 Posted by billymagnum (860 posts) -

#58 Edited by Seppli (11233 posts) -

The storyline with Batman taking on the whole Justice League for some reason. Love that.

Also, anything in which Batman gets funky with Wonder Woman.

#59 Posted by HistoryInRust (6516 posts) -

@seppli said:

The storyline with Batman taking on the whole Justice League for some reason. Love that.

Yes. The Tower of Babel arc. This is great. Batman at his most paranoid. Which, ironically, is his most vulnerable side.

#60 Edited by SaturdayNightSpecials (2521 posts) -

@butano said:

Kingdom Come Batman. Even when he's old and barely held up via an exoskeleton, he's still the world's greatest detective.

Somehow it disappoints me that Batman eats well-done steak.

#61 Edited by groin (868 posts) -

#62 Edited by Zirilius (825 posts) -

#63 Posted by Abendlaender (2975 posts) -

The time when he declared war on Rock'n'Roll cause it's the root of all evil. Can't remember where that's from though

#64 Posted by FLStyle (5317 posts) -

#65 Posted by Legion_ (1654 posts) -

I'm tempted to say one of the great moments from Adam West's tenure as the caped crusader, but that would be doing the Batman a disservice. I hold the Nolan Dark Knight trilogy in high regard, but my absolute favorite moment might be close to the end of The Dark Knight Returns. When Batman defeats Superman, and gives him that speech. Fantastic. I was hoping to see that in the new Superman/Batman movie, but with it being rebranded more of a Justice League flick, my guess is that it's a no go.

#66 Edited by HeathHuston (32 posts) -

In JLA #13 by Grant Morrison, a ravaged Justice League is sent into a dark alternate future where Darkseid has taken over. When the remnants of the Justice League reach Darkseid's fortress it's revealed that Batman survived eight years of torture and eventually defeats and replaces Desaad. Some great early Morrison Batman.

#67 Posted by CitizenKane (10677 posts) -

"You have nothing. Nothing to threaten me with. Nothing to do...with all your strength."

This is one of, if not the best single line of dialogue that encapsulates Batman and The Joker. There is nothing Batman can do to frighten the Joker. He is not only unafraid of Batman's brutal strength, genius intelligence and expert fighting skills, he actively welcomes it. He wants to drive Batman to unleash his power and, ultimately, break his own rules.

#68 Posted by Willin (1333 posts) -

#69 Edited by sarahsdad (1256 posts) -

I always liked this one from the comics. Batman doesn't suffer fools gladly.

#70 Posted by ozzdog12 (934 posts) -

Its hard to narrow it down, but this moment is up there

#71 Edited by fisk0 (4989 posts) -

Siouxsie and the Banshees' music video for the song they wrote for Batman Returns:

#72 Posted by Encephalon (1366 posts) -

Every single time Batman disappears while someone has their back turned is his greatest moment. It is never not cool.

#73 Posted by Butano (1844 posts) -

Every single time Batman disappears while someone has their back turned is his greatest moment. It is never not cool.

And then Superman returns the favor....

#74 Posted by HistoryInRust (6516 posts) -

@butano said:

@encephalon said:

And then Superman returns the favor....

Kingdom Come Superman is just the best.

#75 Edited by Soldarr (12 posts) -

My favorite Batman will always be the 1989 film. Still have the VHS, watched it over and over as a child.

#76 Posted by Little_Socrates (5834 posts) -

@trulyalive: Glad more people share that view! Valar dohaeris.

I tried to find something to share from Arkham Asylum, so here it is. The Joker:

A Serious House on Serious Earth remains my absolute favorite graphic novel. It's stunning.

#77 Edited by Bane (495 posts) -

"I made you? You made me first."

And of course the breaking of the bat, where my name comes from:

#78 Edited by Marcsman (3366 posts) -

Blowing up Maggie Gyllenhall. that dog face had it coming.

#79 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3454 posts) -

The Dark Knight Rises in general. Such a great film.

#80 Posted by StarvingGamer (8894 posts) -

Surprised no one posted this yet.

#81 Edited by crithon (3512 posts) -

welp, it turns out Bruce Timm is coming out of retirement. After finishing his adaptation of Dark Knight Returns two years ago, he said he'd leave WB animation after working for over 25 years with them. Now he's returned to adapt the first issue of Batman as a short film for DC Nation.

This will air April 9th in front of Teen Titans Go

#82 Posted by Griffinmills (225 posts) -

@butano said:

Kingdom Come Batman. Even when he's old and barely held up via an exoskeleton, he's still the world's greatest detective.

Somehow it disappoints me that Batman eats well-done steak.

Bless you man, glad to know I'm not alone in this sentiment. =)

#83 Posted by dudeglove (8956 posts) -

Batman is merely a foil for the colorful characters he goes up against.

#84 Edited by avantegardener (1205 posts) -

Loved the Morrison run.