• 70 results
#1 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3071 posts) -
#2 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3071 posts) -

So, there's already a favorite songs topic, but we need to (or at least, I want to) elect an all-time best. Democratically. And because we're in a democracy, popular = best :-). Totally voting for... jeezus... I love many of the above, so I have to flip a eight-sided coin.

#3 Posted by Dimsey (955 posts) -

I haven't listened to too many of them yet but I do like Future Robinhood.

#4 Posted by NickM (1077 posts) -

Is it still cool to like Jack White? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3071 posts) -

So, why do people like "Go! Go! Vietnam" so much? I respect it, but I don't find it as catchy as other tracks. I guess it's down to personal taste.

#6 Posted by TheTerrifyer (163 posts) -

still I'm A God

#7 Posted by NickM (1077 posts) -
@ZanzibarBreeze said:
" So, why do people like "Go! Go! Vietnam" so much? I respect it, but I don't find it as catchy as other tracks. I guess it's down to personal taste. "
I think its catchy as hell
#8 Posted by ahriman22 (2746 posts) -

FFF

I love that song.
#9 Edited by lordofultima (6252 posts) -
I'm A God is not listed, and that's obviously the best Midnight Brown song in existence. "Why'd you throw a rock at the postman today? A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+" Runner-up to Nique, Kiss One More Time, Puddle of U, In panama, and Cat Belt Buckle.
#10 Posted by Zell (34 posts) -

From that list it has to be hey piper. The bass solo is awesome and is thus my ringtone. I once forgot to put my phone on vibrate and in the middle of a presentation my phone pipes up "BASS!! dum dumdumdum.... " Not a great way to start your first board metting.
Seriously how did nique, nasty with two s's and filthy clasic not make the cut?

#11 Posted by FlipperDesert (2090 posts) -

2084, obviously. Though Dial V for Viking comes a close second for it's title.

#12 Edited by MatthewMeadows (588 posts) -

FFF or too hot

EDIT: Filthy Classic is also awesome.

EDIT 2: How did I forget Kiss One more Time and In Panama! :(
#13 Posted by MattyFTM (14395 posts) -

Cat Belt Buckle for me.

#14 Posted by Drebin_893 (2918 posts) -

I like all of them so, so much.

#15 Posted by HazBazz (1901 posts) -

Space Trucker, followed closeley by Loadest Kids and 2084

#16 Posted by Matt_ (337 posts) -

Is there a check all option?

#17 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Where can I listen to their music?  Can't find anything on Youtube.

#18 Posted by Dr_Feelgood38 (1550 posts) -

I don't see JPop XTC Nightmare on there. That song is fucking intense.

#19 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3071 posts) -
@zell said:
" From that list it has to be hey piper. The bass solo is awesome and is thus my ringtone. I once forgot to put my phone on vibrate and in the middle of a presentation my phone pipes up "BASS!! dum dumdumdum.... " Not a great way to start your first board metting.Seriously how did nique, nasty with two s's and filthy clasic not make the cut? "
Unfortunately, there are too many good songs. I do regret not putting Nique on, but I was basing it on the list from the other Midnight Brown post. Frankly, I don't think I'm a God makes the cut. And even though I voted for Baristacratic, probably the song that's entertained me the most, the best song up there is, in fact, Let's Do It (Undercover). I guess which song you like the best relies on what relates the most to your experiences; I can relate to Baristacratic the most - I know a barista with a dolphin tattoo on line with her right hip, above the center of her leg. So many things about that song are accurate, as soon as I heard it and read the lyrics, it made an instant impression. "She laughs at the thought of Sunday night, she's at The Mission on Tuesdays to party right". Word.
#20 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3071 posts) -

You know what I really want? Listening to it again, I want an instrumental version of Let's Do It (Undercover). That beat and rhythm is so amazing. Real honest, and pretty; outstanding. AN INSTRUMENTAL VERSION PLEASE. I wonder if Jeff is reading this...

#21 Posted by Matthew (1912 posts) -

I chose "2084", but I was torn from "Robot Vampires".  Where is 'I Broke The Stool'?!

#22 Edited by Zell (34 posts) -
@ZanzibarBreeze said:

Unfortunately, there are too many good songs. I do regret not putting Nique on, but I was basing it on the list from the other Midnight Brown post. Frankly, I don't think I'm a God makes the cut. And even though I voted for Baristacratic, probably the song that's entertained me the most, the best song up there is, in fact, Let's Do It (Undercover). I guess which song you like the best relies on what relates the most to your experiences; I can relate to Baristacratic the most - I know a barista with a dolphin tattoo on line with her right hip, above the center of her leg. So many things about that song are accurate, as soon as I heard it and read the lyrics, it made an instant impression. "She laughs at the thought of Sunday night, she's at The Mission on Tuesdays to party right". Word. "

Same here man, my roommate was a barista she didn't have a dolphin tattoo (she has a panda & a mandalorian crest). That was the song I used to get her into midnightbrown.
#23 Posted by Willin (1280 posts) -

You know whats the best part of Midnight Brown?

All of it.

#24 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3071 posts) -

Just trying to get some of the lyrics down on the new Midnight Brown hub. Blog is still heavily in construction. I'm using the Giant Bomb lyrics page as a guide, but in some cases it's wrong - trying to iron it out here. Any help?

#25 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

Robot Vampires.
It's awesomesauce.

How can you kill a man without a heart?

#26 Posted by Zajtalan (1163 posts) -

why does nobody like In Panama, its awesome

#27 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -

Cat Belt Buckle's awesome, but I constantly find myself singing Too Hot to myself.

#28 Posted by Satune (477 posts) -

FFF hands down!
But if I have to choose from that list, Cat Belt Buckle is tops.

#29 Posted by NintenDood (366 posts) -

Tooo hot to jaaywalkk! Is my fav :)

#30 Posted by Civraz (392 posts) -

I'm a big fan of The Compound...
The green light's on, it's time to JUNGLE BOOGEY!!

#31 Posted by SleepyDoughnut (1216 posts) -

Seriously am I the only one that's baffled that Teencity is not of that list? What the Hell. Also. what is Submarine Club from?

#32 Posted by T0mF5 (929 posts) -

Where do you get these songs?

#33 Posted by Bruce (5264 posts) -

Didn't they do the instrumental stuff that would play on the Hotspot and On the Spot? Those were catchy.

#34 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

Gravy Robbers is the absolute best.

#35 Edited by Callumz (26 posts) -

It makes the Ladies cry. 'Nuff said.

#36 Posted by iAmJohn (6122 posts) -

There's only one true answer.  And it's Jpop XTC Nightmare.

#37 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

I never realised but Midnight Brown are pretty fricken awesome.
And not just by default, but Robot Vampires and Go go Vietnam, are awsome.
And bump for the justice.
'Case anyone cares, I'm waiting for the matrix live feed to get audio, and during that time, GO GO GO VIETNAM.

#38 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -

I really like Too Hot. I chuckle every time I listen to it.

#39 Posted by Fezz (442 posts) -

A Filthy Classic

#40 Posted by NarcolepticBat (410 posts) -

wheres 28 hours a day!?!?!?

#41 Posted by notdrew (86 posts) -

A Filthy Classic is my favorite.  That chorus is badass.  All i know is that Midnight Brown needs to perform live more often.  I've seen them once at the Gamespot After Dark event and it was awesome.

#42 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

im really not familiar with Jeff's music save for a few youtube videos i watched. 

#43 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Too Hot.

Remember hearing that o nhte hotspot and they mentioned it a few times then downloaded the album. Great song!

#44 Posted by DavieLove (12 posts) -

kiss one more time used to be my favorite but i was kinda bummed when i learned that it was pretty much just a straight cover of a jpop song.
still really like the song though.
but for a current favorite i would have to go for let's do it (undercover)

#45 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6993 posts) -

Future Robinhood and Too Hot.

#46 Posted by bjorno (1418 posts) -

FFF

#47 Edited by ExtremeJesus (72 posts) -
@xobballox, @T0mF5  : Try 
http://www.midnightbrown.com/the_download_page.html
#48 Posted by Liquid306 (40 posts) -

It would be better to ask which album is the best. Picking between songs is too hard, it's like asking pick your favorite child, too hard.

#49 Posted by Willin (1280 posts) -

Then if it's albums were choosing then '17 Brown Lies' wins, no contest.

#50 Posted by joey (984 posts) -

Black hearts, Black voices