Higurashi When they Cry since its nothing but girls getting tortured

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Nisemonogatari. It's not a good sign when the first episode sees your protagonist molesting an eight year old girl.

WasabiCurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hourou Musuko

There was so much whining from all the characters that it took every effort to finish it. Also, crossdressing.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Needless, without a doubt.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By McGhee

I am projecting indignant nerd rage so hard at you right now.

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not sure it is the worst anime ever, but Elfen Lied made me tremendously uncomfortable.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@jewunit said:

I am not sure it is the worst anime ever, but Elfen Lied made me tremendously uncomfortable.

This.

I continually heard things about how well-made it was, and when I first started watching it I thought "this could go some interesting places".

Here's a hint: Don't watch that.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mrsignerman44

@believer258 said:

@jewunit said:

This.

I continually heard things about how well-made it was, and when I first started watching it I thought "this could go some interesting places".

Eh, you really should have stuck with it.

I know that it blows it's load completely by showing you everything awesome in the first ten minutes and then slowing to a grinding halt for an episode or two, but it's pretty good by the end. It isn't perfect, since some of the characters are bad and it can be melodramatic in spots but the overall story arc was pretty great. Plus, it only has like 13 episodes if I recall correctly so it's not too long and that theme song was amazing, you've got to give it that at least.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't remember all the garbage that I've watched over the years...but I did just watch Tales from Earthsea. I'm gonna go with that.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258 said:

@jewunit said:

This.

I know that it blows it's load completely by showing you everything awesome in the first ten minutes and then slowing to a grinding halt for an episode or two, but it's pretty good by the end. It isn't perfect, since some of the characters are bad and it can be melodramatic in spots but the overall story arc was pretty great. Plus, it only has like 13 episodes if I recall correctly so it's not too long and that theme song was amazing, you've got to give it that at least.

Negative opinion incoming!

I did stick with it to the end. I don't remember the specifics, it was a few years ago, but after thinking about it a bit, it has a lot of plot holes. Worse than that, though, it tries to be dark and deep without really doing either "well". Darker than Black did dark and deep "well". Elfen Lied just went way over the top with its gore and nudity and tried to be serious about it, and that just didn't work out very well. Too often, it was a bit silly. The show had some really good ideas and some of them were decently done, but the uncomfortable amounts of what they thought might have been fanservice and most of the badly-handled themes squash most that I can say good about the show.

Except the first ten minutes. There was a ton of promise there. I actually think the fact that Lucy was nude served a purpose, to underline just how much of an animalistic force she was. Plus she twisted that girl's head until it popped off. I remember that pretty vividly.

JunkHype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Fantasy: Unlimited

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrsignerman44 said:

@believer258 said:

@jewunit said:

This.

Negative opinion incoming!

I did stick with it to the end. I don't remember the specifics, it was a few years ago, but after thinking about it a bit, it has a lot of plot holes. Worse than that, though, it tries to be dark and deep without really doing either "well". Darker than Black did dark and deep "well". Elfen Lied just went way over the top with its gore and nudity and tried to be serious about it, and that just didn't work out very well. Too often, it was a bit silly. The show had some really good ideas and some of them were decently done, but the uncomfortable amounts of what they thought might have been fanservice and most of the badly-handled themes squash most that I can say good about the show.

Except the first ten minutes. There was a ton of promise there. I actually think the fact that Lucy was nude served a purpose, to underline just how much of an animalistic force she was. Plus she twisted that girl's head until it popped off. I remember that pretty vividly.

Well, to each his own I guess. I saw it way back in 2009 I believe, so maybe I built it up more in my head. Despite that though, I really wouldn't call it the worst anime ever, I remember it having some rough patches but ultimately being great. There's a lot of really bad anime out there, way too much to be putting Elfen Lied anywhere near the crap that's out there.

Also, I totally forgot about that head twist, holy crap, that was grizzly.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EXTomar

Love Hina. You can watch the first 3 minutes of it and then predict what will happen including all of the painfully unfunny parts.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrsignerman44: It's the worst one that I, personally, have seen from beginning to end. There probably is much, much worse out there that I haven't seen. For instance, I would assume that Bible Black probably makes Elfen Lied look like the anime writer equivalent of Dante Alighieri penned it.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything that came out after 2007. I'm old and grumpy and no one makes Anime I want to watch anymore Hrumph.

smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fucking Rosario + Vampire. I hate ecchi/harem so I have no fucking clue how I started watching it let alone getting through all 26 episodes. Even still, up until the very last second I was hoping there would be something redeeming in it. Alas it was 13 hours I'll never get back.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mrsignerman44

@believer258 said:

@mrsignerman44: It's the worst one that I, personally, have seen from beginning to end. There probably is much, much worse out there that I haven't seen. For instance, I would assume that Bible Black probably makes Elfen Lied look like the anime writer equivalent of Dante Alighieri penned it.

I think it's safe to say that all hentai is excluded from this thread, since they really don't care about what they write.

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SuperWristBands

I don't tend to remember anime if it is bad so I went to my myanimelist profile and found the one I scored lowest: Air

I don't really remember exactly why I didn't like it as it's been many years since I've seen it. Though, I do remember it taking place in modern times, then for some reason it went to like, feudal Japan for a few episodes and I didn't like that, then the character I thought would have been considered a protagonist disappears from the rest of the show and I didn't like that either.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Really? My exposure to anime is somewhat limited, but even I enjoyed that series for being trippy as hell.

As for me, personally, I only tend to watch an anime if there is a broad consensus that It's good or that I'd be into it. That being said... I watched like 50 episodes of Ranma 1/2, because that show is stupid and predictable in a way I can get behind.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Justin258
ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've watched my fair share of anime that I thought wasn't good...well, I haven't really watched a whole lot of anime that I consider bad because I usually give up after the first ep.

But one that I watched all the way through was School Days....it went completely "wtf" towards the end.

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smcn: From what I had seen of that anime (12 episodes I think?) I really liked the Tsukune and Moka only scenes, especially when they just stare at each other for far too long (cause it was pretty funny) but I didn't really care for any of the other characters. They just got in the way.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By soldierg654342

I fucking hated Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. RIN Daughters of Mnemosyne wasn't so great either.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Most of the stuff nowadays. It's really sad, because there's probably a few okay ones out there, but I'll never find them because of all the shit to wade through.

I'll say for the first half of Death Note it was pretty interesting, but it really lost me in the second half. I don't think it's outright bad, but I was pretty disappointed.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By EXTomar

FLCL is very much one of those "a product of its time" where I do not fault anyone who thinks it is nonsense.

And I never understood why people thought shows like Death Note where interesting because seemed to immediately degenerate into nonsense (he knows I know he knows that she knows that I know...) and ultimately turning into "the bad guy doing bad stuff because doing it is bad".

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lord_canti

i started of liking then got incredibly bored by mouse other than that i cant say there is a anime i have seen that i down right hated i just remembered i watched angel cop ....that might have been the worst thing ive seen

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Samurai Deeper Kyo is fucking terrible. I typically avoid bad cartoons but I thought that show had potential. Then it proceeds to fall flat on its face. It was aggressively boring and the art style was uninspired and inconsistent. I have no doubt there are worse animes but that one always comes to mind when I think low quality.

byterunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By byterunner

hmmm, I remember watching a lot of mediocre animes, many whose names I forget, so I'm not sure. I think I watched blood+ and thought that wasn't great....and the one piece 4kids was pretty awful

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I fucking hated Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. RIN Daughters of Mnemosyne wasn't so great either.

There have been a lot of sketchy opinions in this thread, but you are trippin if you think Pany & Stocking is bad.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rizelmine was pretty dumb, but maybe it's funnier if you have a Japanese sense of humour.

@mezmero said:

Samurai Deeper Kyo is fucking terrible. I typically avoid bad cartoons but I thought that show had potential. Then it proceeds to fall flat on its face. It was aggressively boring and the art style was uninspired and inconsistent. I have no doubt there are worse animes but that one always comes to mind when I think low quality.

Yeah, I had a friend who raved about that, and yeah, it was incredibly dull. The references to certain Japanese historical events and people were neat, but then it pulls a "Genji 2 is based on Japanese history with battles that actually took place in Japan/Here's this giant enemy crab", and suddenly there's a guy with a Mega Man cannon for an arm, and an anime nurse and the final battle is dumb.

And the animation budget for the show must've been really low, because every fight is just them standing and talking for like 8 minutes, then Kyo does whatever finishing move that is always conveniently instantaneous. There are also some pretty obvious moments where they keep reusing animation. The entire show is almost devoid of any swordfights where people are actually sparring and parrying blows and all that cool stuff.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#34  Edited By Hailinel

Legend of Lemnear is amazingly awful. I wrote up a whole article on why, but it was published on another site, so I don't know if linking to it would be considered spam/advertising. Just trust me when I say it is an awful, confusing, poorly paced 45 minutes of your life you will never get back.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By 49th

Bobobobobo was difficult to watch.

I'd also second FLCL, I had heard so much about it being a cool music based show or something but I watched one episode and the guy gets hit by a motorbike and his head bump turns into a robot and I was like "wat?"

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want to talk about it.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want to talk about it.

...Was it Legend of the Overfiend?

Whamola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of them.

madpierrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By madpierrot

Ninja Resurrection. By far the worst anime I've ever seen, subjectively, objectively it's literally one of the worst anime ever made. Just a laundry list of things you can say about it that are negative.

Now an anime that I know is loved and I can't realistically just call it horrible, but I just hate is FullMetal Alchemist. Personally I think it's really bad and I just hate how loved and bullet proof to so many people that show is. I know I'm in the minority, but combine all the circumstances around it with the fact I just think it's bad leads me to really hate it.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madpierrot: yeah i never got fullmetal alchemist. i've only seen the first couple episodes so i may be completely underestimating its depth but on the surface it seemed like a pretty standard cheesy shonen anime not some masterpiece like its often made out to be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reisz said:

Everything that came out after 2007. I'm old and grumpy and no one makes Anime I want to watch anymore Hrumph.

Pretty much this.

Last one I really liked was Gurren Lagann, and others I liked in the few years preceding that were few and far between. I look at modern anime, and I just have to shrug my shoulders and let out an exaggerated "ehhhhhhhh".

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Hailinel

Ninja Resurrection. By far the worst anime I've ever seen, subjectively, objectively it's literally one of the worst anime ever made. Just a laundry list of things you can say about it that are negative.

Now an anime that I know is loved and I can't realistically just call it horrible, but I just hate is FullMetal Alchemist. Personally I think it's really bad and I just hate how loved and bullet proof to so many people that show is. I know I'm in the minority, but combine all the circumstances around it with the fact I just think it's bad leads me to really hate it.

NInja Resurrection is bad for a lot of reasons, but at least it had the good graces to be cancelled before the story could continue any further.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By confusedowl

Mars of Destruction is fucking horrible. People kept saying how bad it was that I couldn't resist watching it.

BooDoug187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin: Photon Sailer Starlight is a fucking boring shit movie

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never watched an anime but I feel confident in saying that all of them are the worst.

BOOM.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

So I've only watched like 3-anime-anything in my life so I don't have a good perspective on this topic. The one that I remember, cause I just tried watching it earlier in the year, was Darker Than Black. Which was awesome minus occasional Japanese-ness creeping in (ex; the main character eating like crazy and it's all silly and stuff!). But then they introduced a private detective who sucked and his stupid helper lady who also sucked. They were the comedy relief and all comedy relief ever always sucks. I looked through the seasons and it seemed like they were a big part of the stories from their introduction on. And that was when I stopped watching Darker Than Black.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By confusedowl

@jasonr86 said:

So I've only watched like 3-anime-anything in my life so I don't have a good perspective on this topic. The one that I remember, cause I just tried watching it earlier in the year, was Darker Than Black. Which was awesome minus occasional Japanese-ness creeping in (ex; the main character eating like crazy and it's all silly and stuff!). But then they introduced a private detective who sucked and his stupid helper lady who also sucked. They were the comedy relief and all comedy relief ever always sucks. I looked through the seasons and it seemed like they were a big part of the stories from their introduction on. And that was when I stopped watching Darker Than Black.

Aw man you shouldn't let that stop you from watching that series. The characters and story are top notch for the most part. I'm not sure if you still care but I'd say give it another chance because you're missing out on a great anime.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@ezakael said:

@jasonr86 said:

Aw man you shouldn't let that stop you from watching that series. The characters and story are top notch for the most part. I'm not sure if you still care but I'd say give it another chance because you're missing out on a great anime.

Are those two characters I mentioned there for a long time or often? Cause I watched the episode they were introduced for about 10 minutes and turned it off. They are incredibly obnoxious to me. I can't deal with them.

TangoUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TangoUp

Never got into anime except Dragonball Z and GT. And GT is one of the worst cartoons I've seen.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the worst anime of all time. This piece of shit was $95 when it first came out

Loading Video...