• 64 results
#1 Posted by stoodspoon (595 posts) -

Like the top comment says Charlie Browns parents having sex

#2 Edited by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

None really.. Even Brokencyde can be appealing and catchy, terrible music is hard to come by. It's just that great music makes mediocre music seem terrible!

/wisdom

#3 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4144 posts) -

Yea.. This is pretty bad. I'll just go with what you said. That's the worst.

#4 Posted by Winternet (8002 posts) -

I tend to stay away from bad music, so I'm not really informed enough to answer this question.

#5 Posted by Kidable (126 posts) -

Biffy Clyro. Come at me.

#6 Edited by SirOptimusPrime (1938 posts) -

I generally subscribe to the idea that 99% of music is good, but maybe not for you. Then I heard Zarach Baal Tharagh.

And, of course, he's got over 250 releases that all (apparently) sound almost exactly the same as this. I like black metal, but Jesus Christ that's just unfortunate.

#7 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

I've heard some real bad mixtapes/demos by local bands. I mean real bad.

#8 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

That RE song always makes me laugh

#9 Edited by RollingZeppelin (1914 posts) -
#10 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1197 posts) -

Shawn Chatfields band sucks

#11 Posted by Pr1mus (3801 posts) -

Nickelback

#12 Edited by Cows_R_Crunk (35 posts) -

@siroptimusprime: I would enjoy this just from an ambient perspective. I'm not about to go out and get the music for myself but I would have no problem with this playing in the background. I love me some black metal.

#13 Posted by ThunderSlash (1544 posts) -

I'm not exactly a shepherd.

#14 Edited by Svenzon (713 posts) -

I'm not exactly a shepherd.

This made me imagine an iOS game where you herd sheep rhythmically. I should probably make that.

#15 Edited by Sploder (917 posts) -

It's so fucking terrible and appalling that I kind of love it

#16 Posted by Intro (1205 posts) -

Nicki Minaj and most rap. I'm white and live in the country, but that's all people listen. I don't understand how saying nigga 40 times a minute is "deep" or how rappers are inspirational with a ton of talent.

#17 Edited by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

@sploder: the basedgod is one of the best artists in human history and i refuse to believe otherwise

#18 Posted by UlquioKani (1025 posts) -

I don't really hate any music but I find some bands to mind numbingly boring. As a result, I don't remember any bad songs. I guess I haven't found music that is so bad that I remember it.

#19 Posted by ShockD (2393 posts) -

#20 Edited by Chibithor (574 posts) -

@sploder: PMONEYkills really nails it in the comments, that's some 'Dop3 Shit'.

#21 Posted by believer258 (11621 posts) -

Brokencyde is repulsive.

#22 Edited by Sploder (917 posts) -

@ajayraz: I have nothing but a deep seated ironic love for the Based God. (Although his album "I'm Gay" was genuinely pretty good)

@chibithor: I quite liked the one that suggested Lil B is satire. It makes almost his entire body of work seem like genius.

#23 Edited by Grilledcheez (3943 posts) -

#24 Posted by ajamafalous (11845 posts) -

@officegamer said:

None really.. Even Brokencyde can be appealing and catchy, terrible music is hard to come by. It's just that great music makes mediocre music seem terrible!

/wisdom

Brokencyde is repulsive.

Don't worry bros, I've got you guys covered.

It's pretty awful, but I wouldn't go as far as repulsive. It's catchy in a horrible way. The worst part, honestly, is that they're either not trying at all, or that they're trying so hard, and I can't tell which one it is.

#25 Edited by Cirdain (2996 posts) -

HERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#26 Edited by MocBucket62 (1146 posts) -

Fergie's singles are pretty awful. But yeah I really try to get away from any bad music as possible.

#27 Edited by MildMolasses (3213 posts) -

Tongue Sandwich by Bigg Jus

It got a scathing review from HipHopInfinity.com (RIP) which prompted Jus to go to the boards and declare "remove that review, homie"

#28 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

It's pretty awful, but I wouldn't go as far as repulsive. It's catchy in a horrible way. The worst part, honestly, is that they're either not trying at all, or that they're trying so hard, and I can't tell which one it is.

See, that's the problem right there, you're overthinking it. You said yourself that it's catchy, which means you might find yourself hummimg "let's get freaky now" in the kitchen or the shower, and that's FINE, you don't need to force sophistication into your life, enjoy the great clever things as well as the dumb worthless things.

I can perfectly find 10 reasons in that video why I would 'hate' that song and criticize the lack of talent or effort, or I could have a laugh and enjoy the OK music. I do the latter and have a good time. Then when I'm bored of it I put on good music, be it alt rock, metal or hip hop, doesn't matter.

#29 Posted by Solh0und (1755 posts) -

I like Hip-Hop and all but this is just....awful:

Also:

Fergie's singles are pretty awful. But yeah I really try to get away from any bad music as possible.

#30 Edited by juiceton (24 posts) -

No one brought up Nina Hagen??? She's the worst.

#31 Posted by ajamafalous (11845 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

See, that's the problem right there, you're overthinking it. You said yourself that it's catchy, which means you might find yourself hummimg "let's get freaky now" in the kitchen or the shower, and that's FINE, you don't need to force sophistication into your life, enjoy the great clever things as well as the dumb worthless things.

I can perfectly find 10 reasons in that video why I would 'hate' that song and criticize the lack of talent or effort, or I could have a laugh and enjoy the OK music. I do the latter and have a good time. Then when I'm bored of it I put on good music, be it alt rock, metal or hip hop, doesn't matter.

But I don't have a good time when I'm listening to it. There are no redeeming qualities to their music. When I say catchy, I guess I mean that my circle of friends and I have trolled each other and various other friends into listening to it so many different times that I know the song. It's 'catchy' to me because of repeated listening, not because I like it, and not because it's good in any way. I have never found myself humming or even thinking about it unless the topic of bad music is explicitly brought up.

I'm a huge fan of professional wrestling, for example, so you don't need to tell me about forcing sophistication into my life; I've got just about the lowest barrier of entry of anyone I know. That doesn't make Brokencyde even the slightest bit good.

#32 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

@ajamafalous: Oh, fair enough, in that case I read you wrong :)

#33 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7047 posts) -

Brokencyde and Insane Clown Posse are both pretty terrible.

#34 Edited by mellotronrules (1172 posts) -

' california gurls' by katy perry is the latest single that leaps to my mind. i love bubblegum pop more than most, but there is nothing worse than a successful pop song that is creatively bankrupt on even the most base of levels.

take anything you like- the writing, the lyrics, the vocals and the processing, the hook- it's all so formulaic (and not even satisfyingly formulaic) that i literally feel dumber every time i hear it.

#35 Edited by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

I can't think of anything more dreadful than the songs in Cairo Capone's How to Play Ping Pong

I mean listen to those vocals. Or don't, if you don't hate yourself.

#36 Posted by bennyboy (328 posts) -

Guess I'll just post this again...

#37 Posted by TobbRobb (4574 posts) -

I need to go out the way I came and pretend I never heard any of this.

Jeeeeesus christ.

#38 Posted by cloudymusic (1048 posts) -

That autotune.

#39 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Every single piece of music that was created after I turned 20.

#40 Posted by jerseyscum (861 posts) -

Soulja Boy's inevetible decline into Behind The Music/ Celeberity Rehab territory will be a nice, lulzy fall from grace.

#41 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4329 posts) -

#42 Edited by AckbarTheGreat (419 posts) -

This song makes me want to kill myself...

#43 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1914 posts) -

@keres: Wow, how is it possible to sing out of tune using autotune? His voice must sound like fart noises with it disabled.

#44 Edited by SoldierG654342 (1731 posts) -

@bennyboy said:

Guess I'll just post this again...

Goddamn you. I was going to that. Here's another one just for emphasis:

#45 Posted by awesomeusername (4153 posts) -

dubstep

#46 Posted by i_got_an_F (25 posts) -

this little gem is cringeworthy on all accounts

#47 Edited by Elwoodan (752 posts) -

It's not exactly an absolutely terrible song, but the whole presentation makes me uncomfortable.

#48 Posted by Vonocourt (2116 posts) -

#49 Edited by Nonused (211 posts) -

I love this thread so goddamn much.

#50 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Enough messing around, here is the true answer...