• 133 results
#1 Edited by Chocobodude3 (643 posts) -

Mine is The Last Airbender

#2 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3821 posts) -

Hitman, it was so boring I fell asleep in the theater.

#3 Posted by LiquidPrince (16181 posts) -

Mine is The Last Airbender

That might be it... Taking such an amazing show and turning it into that garbage was what made the blow much worse.

#4 Posted by DonChipotle (2851 posts) -

Grown Ups 2

Made even worse because my friend and I saw it immediately after seeing Pacific Rim. At least we didn't contribute to that movie's financial gain.

#5 Posted by Corevi (5003 posts) -

Actually during the summer? I dunno, I saw a lot of dumb movies as a kid. In semi recent memory though Spader-Man 3. If seeing it after release counts then yeah The Last Airbender, only seen it with Rifftrax though which made it better but still painful.

#6 Posted by Liquidus (942 posts) -

Probably Transformers 2, that was just a terrible 2 and a half hour long noise maker.

#7 Edited by bugbarbecue (63 posts) -

Spawn.

Only film I've ever walked out of early after paying for a ticket.

I imagine a lot of these other films are a lot worse, but I didn't go see them as they looked dreadful off the bat.

#8 Posted by Corevi (5003 posts) -

@liquidus: OH MAN, I put a mental block on Transformers 2, it's all coming back.

#9 Posted by OldGuy (1575 posts) -

Battlefield Earth. No question. Saw it in a second run theater for a buck and I was not disappointed as to how terrible the thing was...

#10 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3997 posts) -

I remember the Mortal Kombat sequel to be probably the most I've thought a movie was awful as I was watching it. Even weak stuff I can get into some but that was really bad. Street Fighter was up there too for me and Last Action Hero.

#11 Posted by believer258 (12205 posts) -

That I actually saw in theaters? Transformers 2.

I rarely go to the theater, though. When I watch a movie, it's usually something old, and I usually watch it because I've heard so much about it, so I generally don't watch downright bad movies.

#12 Posted by DonutFever (3538 posts) -

Transformers 2.

#13 Edited by RonGalaxy (3269 posts) -

Definitely Grown Ups. What a worthless pile of trash that movie is.

#14 Edited by Shortbreadtom (864 posts) -

Battleship maybe? Christ that film is aggressively bad

#15 Edited by andriv (257 posts) -

transformer 2 or avatar

why are these movies both over 2 hours?

#16 Edited by rachelepithet (1393 posts) -

Hmm not exactly sure if the were summer, or late spring/early fall. But:

Super Mario Bros

That Aleeyah (or was it LeftEye) crouching tiger ripoff movie

Led Zeppelin/Puffy Godzilla

Van Helsing

#17 Posted by Zauzazu (71 posts) -

Transformers 2. And I was at the age where all of my friends thought it was the best thing they had ever seen. It was aggravating.

#18 Posted by SSully (4326 posts) -

@liquidus said:

Probably Transformers 2, that was just a terrible 2 and a half hour long noise maker.

Probably this. Went with a friend to the midnight showing. Such a poor movie...

#19 Posted by Slaps2 (287 posts) -

Man of Steel

#20 Edited by Monkeyman04 (1225 posts) -

The only one that comes to mind that I saw and payed way too much for was Dragonball Evolution.

#21 Posted by FriendlyPhoenix (468 posts) -

Transformers 2 was an egregious assault on everything I hold dear. There are probably worse movies out there, but I will never hold such a fervent hatred for something as I do towards that thing.

#22 Edited by TheAcidSkull (755 posts) -
#23 Posted by brutushayesosu (141 posts) -

Transformers 2. Fell asleep, woke up, went back to sleep.

#24 Posted by ShaggE (6715 posts) -

Batman & Robin.

Thankfully, I skipped it in theaters. Mr. Freeze's puns in theater surround sound seems like a horrible experience.

#25 Posted by Zleunamme (704 posts) -

Batman and Robin. I saw it in the dollar theater the year it came out. It was the first time I ever felt disappointed after watching a movie. The movie was so dumb and more focused on selling Happy Meal toys than telling a story. Batman: The Animated Series did a better job at character development and story telling than that awful movie.

My runner ups would be the first Michael Bay Transformers movie and Spider-Man 3.

#26 Posted by SomberOwl (729 posts) -

#27 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

I rarely go to the theater, though. When I watch a movie, it's usually something old, and I usually watch it because I've heard so much about it, so I generally don't watch downright bad movies.

Transformers 2.

@zauzazu said:

Transformers 2. And I was at the age where all of my friends thought it was the best thing they had ever seen. It was aggravating.

@ssully said:

@liquidus said:

Transformers 2 was an egregious assault on everything I hold dear. There are probably worse movies out there, but I will never hold such a fervent hatred for something as I do towards that thing.

#28 Edited by wrecks (2318 posts) -

#29 Edited by ArbitraryWater (12123 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@donutfever said:

Transformers 2.

@zauzazu said:

@ssully said:

@liquidus said:

@friendlyphoenix said:

@brutushayesosu said:

Oh, yep. This one.

#30 Edited by Deathdealer108 (294 posts) -

It came out in March, but if we are talking about seeing horrible CGI-infested action movies in theaters this one takes the cake for me. The trailer got me hook, line, and sinker. What a waste of $8.

#31 Edited by Slaps2 (287 posts) -

@deathdealer108: I have a friend who thinks that movie is "amazing"... the most insulting part... he's studying film.

@theacidskull: Even seeing that gif pisses me off. I didn't even pay for that movie and I want my money back.

Zach Snyder is the dumbest person ever to consider himself a director. He needs to quit... forever.

#32 Posted by OldGuy (1575 posts) -

How'd you do that? Earplugs? Michael Bay movies are as aggressively loud as they are aggressively bad.

#34 Posted by lead_dispencer (51 posts) -

Its funny how much my opinion differs from this thread. I actually liked man of steel and wild wild west because its so unique to me. Also man of steel was not half bad for a superman flick (atleast he didnt pull powers out of his ass like throwing the "S" to knock people into a different dimension or whatever).

According to rules of the internet, I hate you all and declare you incompetent. I think im doing this right!

#35 Posted by NTM (7546 posts) -

@slaps2 said:

@deathdealer108: I have a friend who thinks that movie is "amazing"... the most insulting part... he's studying film.

James Cameron's guilty pleasure movie is the first Resident Evil.

#36 Posted by psylah (2185 posts) -

@oldguy said:

Battlefield Earth. No question. Saw it in a second run theater for a buck and I was not disappointed as to how terrible the thing was...

Saw it in its first run. Goddamn it.

#37 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3821 posts) -

@shagge said:

Batman & Robin.

Thankfully, I skipped it in theaters. Mr. Freeze's puns in theater surround sound seems like a horrible experience.

Are you sure? I think it would of been a chilling experience. Though I'm sure you were happy putting that idea on ice.

#38 Posted by Solh0und (1852 posts) -

It's a tie between Man of Steel and Priest(Dunno if May counts as summber but I saw it in June)

#39 Posted by handlas (2760 posts) -

The Lego Movie

#40 Edited by Slaps2 (287 posts) -
@ntm said:

@slaps2 said:

James Cameron's guilty pleasure movie is the first Resident Evil.

Key words "guilty pleasure". Sucker punch is this kid's Citizen Kane.

@handlas said:

The Lego Movie

1. Came out in February.
  2. The Lego Movie was great, you slag! *shakes fist angrily*
#41 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

Pearl Harbor was the only movie I've seen in theaters that I've ever considered walking out of the theater on. And I would have likely walked out were I not watching the movie with my dad.

#42 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11406 posts) -

I don't think that A Good Day To Die Hard actually came out during a summer, but god damn! That is easily the worst movie I've ever had the misfortune of seeing in a theater, and it made me sad and angry.

#43 Edited by ShaggE (6715 posts) -

@shagge said:

Batman & Robin.

Are you sure? I think it would of been a chilling experience. Though I'm sure you were happy putting that idea on ice.

That's cold, man.

#44 Posted by NTM (7546 posts) -

@slaps2: Yes, I kind of assumed that, but still. That is weird.

#45 Posted by Hunter5024 (5969 posts) -

I saw Batman and Robin when it was in theaters, but I was a kid so I thought it was cool at the time. Transformers 2 was terrible, but I think the 3rd one was even worse, because the second was at least bad enough to be funny. The Hangover 2 was awful. The third Pirates film was some of the dumbest nonsense ever committed to film. Indiana Jones 4 was bad but perhaps not in the same league as some of these. X-men Origins was memorably shitty. Any one of these is worth picking.

#46 Edited by Legion_ (1556 posts) -
#47 Edited by Fredchuckdave (6158 posts) -

@shagge: Batman and Robin is a masterpiece.

#48 Posted by sarahsdad (1121 posts) -

Highlander 2. Or maybe Cabin Boy.

#49 Posted by pinner458 (854 posts) -

Probably some bullshit teen comedy I got dragged to by my idiot friends when I was a teenager. Just Friends with Ryan Reynolds stands out in my mind but that was a winter release.

#50 Edited by fisk0 (4500 posts) -

I don't remember if it was released during summer, but I didn't think Star Wars: Episode II was particularly good even at the time.

I think I generally only go to the theatre during autumn and winter, sometimes early spring.

I guess Tomb Raider premiered over the summer, I remember we had to see that because we had already planned on watching a movie, but the movie we had intended to see had sold out or something, so we went with that instead, but that movie wasn't totally terrible, so I'm not sure I'd want to count that.