What is the worst summer movie you have ever seen?

• 133 results
KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

Hmmm...probably Miami Vice. Holy shit, what a horrible fucking mess of a movie that is. Slow, convoluted, poorly paced, boring, and way over-long...everything a summer movie shouldn't be. I've seen a lot of real dumb summer movies in theaters, but I'm at least able to enjoy something like Transformers 2 for its stupid bombastic action (while trying to ignore Michael Bay's corny humor). Miami Vice was definitely one of the most completely shitty movies I've had the misfortune of seeing in theaters. The only reason I didn't leave was because I was with friends. They all hated it, too.

TheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Terminator Salvation

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#53 FinalDasa  Moderator

It's a tie, both movies I should have asked my money back for.

Wolverine Origins and Transformers 2.

Origins was the first real disappointment for the X-Men franchise for me, I expected a lot more than a terrible action film. I actually enjoyed the first Transformers film even if it was one of those typical dumb action films. Michael Bay was the best when it came to those kind of films but the sequel just piled terrible mistake (racist robots) after terrible mistake (Transformer with testicles).

I don't usually expect too much from summer blockbuster films but at least try!

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The Last Airbender, and Spider-Man 3.

Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

Hitman, it was so boring I fell asleep in the theater.

To be fair, it came out during the winter.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The hostility in this thread is huge. It's just movies, guys. They didn't murder your children.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

The hostility in this thread is huge. It's just movies, guys. They didn't murder your children.

Well, not until someone comes out and says The Dark Knight Rises.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Green Lantern was...maaaaaaaaan...j-just fuck that movie.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft said:

Hitman, it was so boring I fell asleep in the theater.

To be fair, it came out during the winter.

So it's the worst winter movie I've seen.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#60  Edited By crithon

@wrecks said:
No Caption Provided

same year as phantom menace.... I'm impressed, the film made Selma Hayek unsexy.

I think Super Mario Bros takes it, same year as Last Action Hero and Jurassic Park. Lots of people love to crap on Last Action Hero since it was a Box Office Bomb in the release of Jurassic Park but it was never as bad Super Mario Bros. And also Super Mario Bros was released 3 years after Super Mario World so it was well out of everyone's expectations for a video game movie.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#61  Edited By Justin258

@kindgineer said:

Never not too soon.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Late May is pretty much summer, right?

Episode 1, The Phantom Menace.

It was 1997, I was at the height of my Star Wars fandom. I played the shit out of TIE Fighter, Dark Forces, Jedi Knight. Ate up the Thrawn trilogy. A good friend of mine managed to win midnight release tickets for us to a local showing of Episode 1 just hours before the movie. We were in a rush to get to the theatre, and by the time we parked, the movie was minutes from starting.

So, we ran. Like the wind. I took a dive in the parking lot and bloodied my hands and knees, but was so pumped and excited that I felt nothing. Through the opening fight scene and the racist Asian aliens, I felt nothing but excitement. This was a new Star Wars movie! Then, a half hour in, I was bored. Soon after that, the scrapes on my body were -really- starting to sting.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's a tie, both movies I should have asked my money back for.

Wolverine Origins and Transformers 2.

Origins was the first real disappointment for the X-Men franchise for me, I expected a lot more than a terrible action film. I actually enjoyed the first Transformers film even if it was one of those typical dumb action films. Michael Bay was the best when it came to those kind of films but the sequel just piled terrible mistake (racist robots) after terrible mistake (Transformer with testicles).

I don't usually expect too much from summer blockbuster films but at least try!

Oh man one of those is my answer. Not sure which was worse. Probably Wolverine cause I kinda expected Transformers to suck. I still don't know how they managed to make Wolverine as bad as it was. Uggh.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesoutherndandy: You know how they made X-Men Origins: Wolverine suck?

They made Sabertooth his brother, and many other character assassinations. While comic books are cheesy at times, most of the characters that survive the years do so on the back of their internal motivations and history. XO: Wolverine removes most of these entirely.

Most of the Fox superhero movies are like that. Juggernaut only even got his powers through eventual events due to wanting to One-Up his halfbrother (Xavier). In X-3, they don't even know each other. He's also not a mutant, and yet the anti-mutant mutant somehow stops his powers.

That being said, it's not just that they changed the characters that makes them bad. The new origins/explanations/backstories are usually much worse than the source material, which makes you wonder why they did it at all in the first place.

However, most of the above is my opinion, so take it as you will.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#65 FinalDasa  Moderator

@thesoutherndandy: Both times I was with friends. With Wolverine I went with one friend and I kept thinking how terrible everything was but I stayed because I didn't want to leave my friend. Eventually the torture ended and we both walked out. About ten feet from the theater we both asked one another if we liked it and realize we both had been staying so the other would enjoy the movie. If only we had left. If only...

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@finaldasa: If only you'd left the moment Agent Zero did that dumbass shooty jump over the gate. Think of what you would have been spared...

@eujin: Oddly enough I didn't mind what they did with Sabertooth. Maybe it's because I like that actor, I dunno. But I agree. At this point I've gotten to the point where I don't expect Hollywood to stick to the source material, as long as they do a good job with what they present, and that movie didn't. Maverick/Agent Zero was one of my favorite characters in the comic and turning him into a lame bad guy pissed me off and that was just for starters. So much of that movie sucked. Also the jazz hands bathroom scene. So bad.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@kindgineer said:

Jesus Christ dude.....
Jesus Christ dude.....

Gonna safely say that this is too soon.

defaultprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

transformers 2
jesus christ...

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

The Last Airbender (that was summer right?)

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The Phantom Menace but only in retrospect.

I was 16 at the time and would put the terrible dialogues and acting on account of some terrible dub and translation (saw it in french) and besides there was some cool light saber fights.

A couple years later i mostly switched to watching movies in English and was also simply older and smarter and came to the sad realization that George Lucas had in fact attempted murder on the franchise.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas said:

The Lego Movie

Woa, woa, and woa. The Lego Movie isn't a summer movie and is pretty damn awesome.

Man of Steel was highly disappointing but that is different than "the worst summer movie". What is equally depressing is that Pacific Rim came out in the same summer and was a much better "super hero movie" and won't get a sequel.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By cerberus3dog
@wrecks said:
No Caption Provided

If the op was asking for "worst" movie, than yes. Wild Wild West is a masterpiece of theater on all levels.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@extomar said:

@handlas said:

The Lego Movie

Woa, woa, and woa. The Lego Movie isn't a summer movie and is pretty damn awesome.

Man of Steel was highly disappointing but that is different than "the worst summer movie". What is equally depressing is that Pacific Rim came out in the same summer and was a much better "super hero movie" and won't get a sequel.

Woah^6...

Pacific rim made $220,000,000 net profit, and Del Toro has been working on the script for the sequel for months.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Transformers 2 probably. Midnight showing, all I wanted to do was see robots smash each other up for 2 hours and what I get is Shia LeNotBuff going to robot heaven for some reason or another.

Unless May counts as a summer movie, then it would be Spider-Man 3. Midnight showing of that as well...

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidus said:

Probably Transformers 2, that was just a terrible 2 and a half hour long noise maker.

Yep, same here. That movie is terrible garbage.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kindgineer said:

Well it isn't the worst I've seen but it wasn't good.

BoringK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#78  Edited By BoringK

X-Men Origins: Wolverine. They didn't bother to finish half the special effects. They took away Deadpool's mouth. They cast Will.i.am for some reason. It's poorly-made and it's not even dumb enough to be entertaining.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@slaps2 said:

@theacidskull: Even seeing that gif pisses me off. I didn't even pay for that movie and I want my money back.

Zach Snyder is the dumbest person ever to consider himself a director. He needs to quit... forever.

Nope! One bad (sucker Punch) doesn't make someone and overall bad director.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember a long ass time ago I went to go see some Transformers movie with someone I liked and it was so boring that I don't even remember if that was the movie we saw or not.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I would say the Matthew Broderick Godzilla movie, but I watched that so many times as a kid I can't.

It is fucking terrible though.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extomar said:

@handlas said:

The Lego Movie

Pacific Rim is HAVING a sequel.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Transformers has been mentioned so many times I felt the obligation to remind people of the one true Transformers movie

Loading Video...
Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I've a hard time recalling which summer movies I've seen in the cinema, but the first Michael Bay Transformers movie is probably up on my list. Goddamn. My friend I was there with described my facial expression as slowly going from raised eyebrow to apathy to pure disgust.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slaps2 said:

@theacidskull: Even seeing that gif pisses me off. I didn't even pay for that movie and I want my money back.

Zach Snyder is the dumbest person ever to consider himself a director. He needs to quit... forever.

Sucker Punch, 300, Man of Steel and Watchmen were all terrible.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slaps2 said:

@theacidskull said:

@slaps2 said:

Sucker Punch is terrible

300, MoS, and Watchmen are awesome.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men: The Last Stand or The Happening depending on if The Happening came out in the summer.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#88  Edited By veektarius

I saw Stealth in theaters. Didn't go in expecting it to be any better than it was, but that didn't make it less bad.

Wulver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Wulver

I rarely go to the theater (it's much more fun watching movies at home), but last year me and a couple of friends went to see The Heat. I found the humor to be lame, the plot predictable and overall terrible. I still can't believe (according to wikipedia) that it's 2013's second-highest-grossing comedy movie. What is wrong with people?

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People say Pacific Rim is getting a sequel but beyond "I wish this movie is being made" planning stages what has been done? Are the producer lined up and ready to fund? Is the script reviewed and ready to go? Have the actors been lined up reoccurring or new? So far it is "not really...but keep watching!"

On the other hand, DC and Warner Brothers are just throwing money at the one "team" that seemed to do anything good with DC characters (is it irony both times they wholesale abandoned core cannon to get the movie to a shipped state?) even with a dubious track record. I don't doubt that Warner Brothers will at least produce a "testable" movie because there is too much money at stake but that doesn't mean much.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slaps2 said:

@theacidskull said:

@slaps2 said:

Sucker Punch is the anitchrist of cinema

300, MoS, and Watchmen are awesome by comparison, but then of course, Fidel Castro also draws a favorable comparison to Hitler.

Well said... well said.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slaps2 said:

@theacidskull said:

@slaps2 said:

@theacidskull said:

@slaps2 said:

300, Man of Steel and Watchmen were all terrible.

Sucker Punch is terrible.

300, MoS, and Watchmen are awesome.

But I like sucker punch, it's my favorite movie.

If you say so man.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extomar: Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and the Dark knight trilogy all had anywhere between 3 and 5 year intervals between movies. It hasn't been a year yet. Why in the hell would you expect to have heard anything significant?

Also, let me spoil the way Hollywood works:

Movies that make $220,000,000 get sequels.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terminator Salvation

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Priest. It was a dumb action movie with no good action scenes. and it was only in 3D at the theater so it was like 12$.

AlmostSwedish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Dark Knight Rises.

Sorry.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Batman and Robin.

You know, an actually bad movie.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Slaps2
Avatar image for generic_username
generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw the Hangover 2 during the summer, that was a pretty fucking horrible movie