• 79 results
#51 Posted by Vod_Crack (723 posts) -
#52 Posted by Mechanical_Ape (251 posts) -
#53 Posted by Hunter5024 (5691 posts) -

I never think about this sort of thing. I'll ask my ipod.

My ipod says my most played song is Rabbit Heart by Florence and The Machine. That's a pretty good song. After that it's Heal from the Ico soundtrack. That's a good one too. I wouldn't call them my favorites though.

#54 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Its been Todd Terje Inspector Norse for the past year or so.

#55 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

I have 4, tied for first, kind of depending on the mood. If push came to shove I would go with the first listed.

Cradle of filth - Cruelty Brought Thee Orchids

Cradle of Filth - Godspeed On The Devil's Thunder

Clutch - 10001110101

Primus - DMV

#56 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Man so many Clutch fans here, I saw them live once they were pretty good.

#57 Edited by OmniscientCajun (124 posts) -

I'm gonna cop out and throw a few out here, all very different.

This might be my favorite single piece of music. So much hope, beauty. I could listen to this song many times a day for the rest of my life.

I'm moved nearly every time I hear this song. Aside from the personal attachment I feel to the sentiment and the words, the way this piece moves imbues my cold heart with white, hot life.

For the metal side of me (a big side), it was between this and about a half dozen Machine Head songs (Halo, their Hallowed Be Thy Name cover, Clenching the Fists of Dissent, Imperium, The Burning Red, Darkness Within, Be Still and Know, others). But this is probably the most complete and all-encompassing song that I'm aware of.

#58 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4895 posts) -

For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica

(Runner-up) Notorious Thugs by Biggie and Bone Thugs

#59 Posted by OmniscientCajun (124 posts) -

For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica

(Runner-up) Notorious Thugs by Biggie and Bone Thugs

Great choices. I bounce back and forth between For Whom the Bell Tolls and Fade to Black as my favorite song off Ride the Lightning (more often lean toward Fade to Black, likely my favorite Metallica song too).

#60 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Nas - N.Y. State Of Mind

“Yeah, straight out the fuckin dungeons of rap

Where fake niggas don’t make it back”

Probably my all time favorite opening line from a rap song.

#61 Edited by notdavid (839 posts) -

The Mountain Goats - Ezekiel 7 and The Permanent Efficacy of Grace

I get chills every god damn time.

#62 Posted by benspyda (2034 posts) -

@hunter5024: Itunes tells me that this is my fav song based on play count is this:

#63 Posted by chrissedoff (2109 posts) -

@elyk247 said:

Gold Soundz - Pavement

Cowboy Dan.

Edit- No wait I take that back, Jesus and Tequila, er I mean... ummm Sgt Baker...

Fuck this question.

Those are some great songs. My personal favorite is This Is How We Walk on the Moon by Arthur Russell.

#64 Posted by spraynardtatum (2977 posts) -

Like a Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan

#65 Posted by TheStimpinator (106 posts) -

Is it weird to say I don't have favorite songs, but just favorite albums with songs I prefer off of them?

Like for sure these:

Abbey Road by the Beatles, with The End being my favorite off of it.

Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) by the Wu-Tang Clan, favorite cut being Bring da Ruckus

Paul's Boutique by the Beastie Boys, favorite song being Car Thief

Also, I'm currently pretty in love with Chance the Rapper's Acid Rap mixtape

#66 Posted by Duecenage (213 posts) -

I can listen to this song over and over and over and over and never get sick of it.

#67 Posted by Hemmelight (164 posts) -

Favourite song of all time is currently a tie between Hotel California (lol, I know) - The original as well as the acoustic 'Hell Freezes Over' version, and Dream Theater's Learning To Live.

Favourite song right now?

I've recently gotten into The Smiths, thanks to the boyfriend, who comes from Manchester. So of course he would love The Smiths.

#68 Edited by ikilledthedj (287 posts) -

Mark morrison - Return of the mack

#69 Posted by ninjalegend (432 posts) -

Led zeppelin - rain song

Metallica - anything from Master of Puppets

Megadeth - Tornado of souls

#70 Posted by Skyrider (351 posts) -

Hmm. That's a tough one! I'll have to go with Elliott Smith - Between the Bars. This song means the world to me, but I don't think I'll ever be able to fully explain why. It doesn't make me happy, nor does it make me sad, it just puts me in my own little world.

#71 Posted by DillonWerner (1528 posts) -

Nas- The Message

Eminem- Stay Wide Awake

Killswitch Engage- Numbered Days

Probably three of my favorite songs ever, it's mad hard to pick my favorite song of all time though.

#72 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1766 posts) -

Shine on You Crazy Diamond, Parts I-V

Really, the answer is the entirety of "Wish You Were Here," but that's just cheating. Special mentions go out to Ghostface's Nutmeg and Why? Rubber Traits.

#73 Posted by Nekromantix87 (41 posts) -

"Zero" or "Aijin 28" by the Sex Machineguns. Followed closely by Iron Maiden's "The Trooper."

#75 Edited by T4RTERS4UCE (58 posts) -

I find this song kind of hard to listen to sometimes, cause it cuts real deep.

#76 Posted by Arceion (203 posts) -

@cale: It's a conspiracy!

#77 Posted by MightyDuck (1522 posts) -

I don't think I could narrow it down to just one...

Some favorites though -

• Where the Streets Have No Name - U2
  • Save Tonight - Eagle Eye Cherry
  • Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen
  • You Get What You Give - New Radicals
  • Whoomp There It Is! - Tag Team

I'm not saying these are necessarily good songs in an artistic way, but I "jam" out to them every time I hear them.

#78 Posted by Rejizzle (311 posts) -

I have no idea how people answer these questions. Every time I try to pick a favorite song or movie I can't seem to narrow down my list of songs at all.

#79 Posted by Tarsier (1064 posts) -

i couldnt narrow it to one song and i also couldnt narrow it to three songs, but heres three really great songs which always come into my mind when i think about 'best songs'

#80 Edited by Tarsier (1064 posts) -

i also love this, its the opening track for the soundtrack of my dark souls adventures.

#81 Posted by RetroVirus (1473 posts) -

Man, this is hard. After thinking a bit, I really can't say anything bad about Mr. Heavenly. The song just flows in such an interesting way and has a great chorus.

Another related song is Piranhas Club by Man Man. It's just groovy, and the lyrics and really contrasted against the surf-guitar and poppy sounds.