#202 Posted by deathstrokergeist (38 posts) -

I'm not who you think I am.

#203 Posted by banegeist (26 posts) -

IM JOKERPOKER

#205 Posted by banegeist (26 posts) -

@mediocregeist: don't post a bunch of "a" in a word. It spamming, and it can get reaaaaaaly annoying.

#207 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (6086 posts) -
#208 Posted by banegeist (26 posts) -
#211 Posted by freakin9 (1173 posts) -

I started out reading this thread disappointed in the direction, but what I came here for was given to me in droves the further into it I went.

I'm not sure personality flaws are a secret, that's like saying no one in your life has any perception.

I'm sure some of you hiding in shame, are in reality around people that know your secrets and are either just waiting for you to tell them or are just letting you be.

I'm highly indecisive, so I'm not really sure sometimes what truly defines me. Maybe getting easily bored is what defines me.

I don't so much have secrets, I have a series of thoughts that enter my brain that may or may not be reality.

The only thing I've done in life that I'd describe as something I live in shame about, is a couple incidents as a kid. But I was young and stupid, so really, it's not a big deal. One, was that I experimented with homosexuality with a couple of friends, no sex or touching of any kind though, just some pants dropping. Another one I dressed up as a girl, for some odd reason. Again, not a big deal, just the product of a confused childhood. Though I guess, as I've said, I'm still pretty confused.

I like myself and my life though. Mainly only hang around with my girlfriend, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

#212 Posted by mitrageist (4 posts) -

I am a Geist.

That's as deep as I'm willing to get.

#213 Edited by Fattony12000 (7632 posts) -

@fattony12000: I could hug you so hard right now.

Fattony, I knew you had too much love to limit it to just one sex. <>

*hugs all around*

#RevealTheTruth

#215 Edited by MooseyMcMan (11490 posts) -

@fattony12000 said:
@mooseymcman said:

@fattony12000: I could hug you so hard right now.

@truthtellah said:

Fattony, I knew you had too much love to limit it to just one sex. <>

*hugs all around*

#RevealTheTruth

Certainly took you long enough to respond! :P (The hug offer is still valid though.)

#216 Edited by medacris (679 posts) -

My secre is that I have a lot of anxieties. I worry my art and writing isn't good enough, that I'm too annoying/awkward to have friends, a significant other, or a job, and that my parents will reject me if I come out as bi.

#217 Edited by Fattony12000 (7632 posts) -
#218 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11490 posts) -

@fattony12000: PFFT! Everyone knows that video editing is incredibly easy and takes no time at all. Come on, man, you can't fool us!

Let me know when it's done so I can watch it on the internet.

#219 Edited by MooseyMcMan (11490 posts) -

@medacris said:

My secre is that I have a lot of anxieties. I worry my art and writing isn't good enough, that I'm too annoying/awkward to have friends, a significant other, or a job, and that my parents will reject me if I come out as bi.

There's plenty of other bi people (myself included) here man! You're in good company. I recently just came out myself, and obviously my situation isn't the same as yours, but I'm definitely glad I did.

#220 Edited by Video_Game_King (36271 posts) -

My secret:

My name isn't actually Vincent. Or, to be more precise, I no longer use that name to refer to myself.

#221 Posted by CaLe (4072 posts) -

I burned down an entire building when I was 12 and got away with it. To this day no one knows it was me. I watched from a distance as 7 fire trucks worked for hours to put out the blaze.

No one was hurt.

#222 Posted by Vrikk (987 posts) -

I'm Batman.

#223 Posted by JBG4 (528 posts) -

@jbg4 said:

I have severe diagnosed depression and anxiety disorders. I keep it from most of my friends...

I don't get out much and I don't spend a lot of time with people... I have a daughter that is a toddler and I spend some time with her but most of the time I'm too afraid to get close emotionally with her.

I'm being treated but it's tough... Only a small handful of people know all of those details.

Thanks...

I found this thread again tonight while randomly checking out Giant Bomb and I just wanted to give an update to my post on here from 9 months ago:

Therapy helps. Tonight my little girl fell asleep beside me on the couch while I was watching the WWE Network.

(I was watching Rivalries with Edge and Matt Hardy and it was a good one)

This may sound normal to most but I have to say that a year ago I was so depressed that I would have been closed off in a room while my wife and daughter watched television without me. I was depressed. I hated myself.

A few years ago now I was diagnosed with a nerve disease that causes constant pain and has forced me to lost the use of my left arm from my shoulder to my elbow along with the feeling in my left hip and ribs. The condition has stabilized over the last year and a half but it's something that I have been told by numerous doctors that I will be forced to live with for the rest of my life, and it will more than likely get worse.

After I was told those things in 2012 I gave up. I stopped caring because I knew that one day I would probably be confined to a bed without the opportunity to lead a normal life. My daughter was only one year old at that point. I stayed to myself, didn't get out much, and even contemplated suicide on a couple of different occasions. My wife of 7 years (who has been amazing through this whole ordeal) tried to get me help. I went to a couple of different therapists but none of them connected with me in a way that would make me feel better. That is until last year when I found someone who could help me.

I went through a program that allowed me to see that while I was waiting on the worst to happen in my life I was missing out on the best. As of last Summer I changed everything. I'll still have to face the inevitable one day but in the meantime I am going to enjoy, as much as I can, the good years that I have left with my family. I'm going to be do things that make me happy like spend time with my wife, play with my daughter, write, etc..

So tonight, I did what I have had the opportunity to do all along but I allowed depression to keep me from it, I was a good dad.

There is a way to move beyond hating yourself you just have to find it.

In closing, I got help; if you are having trouble with depression then please, do the same.

#224 Posted by FrostyRyan (670 posts) -

I turn 22 in a week and I've never been intoxicated under any means. Not even a little consumption of any kind of alcohol or drugs.

#225 Edited by TrafalgarLaw (1481 posts) -

@frostyryan: So? Neither did I and I am goddamn proud of it. You should be too. You should treasure your neurons (and lungs, liver, bladder, blood vessels etc.).

#226 Posted by TheAcidSkull (837 posts) -

I'm not sure that it's a secret rather than a serious and yet baffling misconception. People perceive me to be very kind, not realizing that I'm an asshole of the highest caliber. Being dedicated to one your friends does not make you a good person, guys.

Suppose that's a good thing, either ways.

I turn 22 in a week and I've never been intoxicated under any means. Not even a little consumption of any kind of alcohol or drugs.

Same, only difference is that I'm 18.

#227 Posted by dadjumper (85 posts) -

My big secret for years and years was that I thought I was transgendered. I came out to everyone last month and have suddenly realized that I'm probably not. So now not only do I have no secrets, but those secrets were wrong!

#228 Posted by HisDudeness (255 posts) -

I just wanted to say that I was in a pretty sensible place and this thread really hit close to home for me. Thanks.

My biggest secret I guess is that I have a really hard time telling people how I really feel out of fear that I'm going to bum everyone out. This past year was so tough for me, mostly because of breaking up with my girlfriend with whom I was madly in love, and it changed my outlook on life for the worst by a large margin. I used to be such a cheerful person, life loving and so excited about everything. Now I'm constantly having negative thoughts about myself, feeling that there's something wrong with me, with a lot of really bad anxiety that some days gets to the point of me being on the verge of a panic attack. Some days for whatever reason I think I feel better, but there's always something that brings me back to the pit. The only thing that I'm passionate about is making music whether alone or with my band, but many times I get really fearful that my/our stuff isn't good for whatever reason, even when people have told me tell me that it's beautiful and they love it, which leads to creative block and more anxiety. In a week I'm going backpacking with my closest friends for approximately two months and I'm hoping that changes things at least a bit, but I'm also really afraid that it doesn't and I become stuck in this rut.

Anyways, thanks again for this making this place the amazing place it is. Sorry for the bad English, it's not my first language.

#229 Posted by Zamolxes (103 posts) -

I am 23 years old and don't have any friends. I don't know why, but I am not able to make any. I get along well with people at work, but none of them are my friends. The most I do is talk to a coworker on the bus and while we get along well, we don't talk outside of that. I just go home and play games, I never went to clubs, or whatever other things people do.

I also never had sex, although I did have an online gf that we kept in touch for 1.7 years, but unfortunately she died of HIV in september 2013, and I miss her very much.

I accepted that that's how my life will be, some people just don't have the personality to be noticed by anyone I guess. At least I am able to take care of myself and have a job, and with technology getting better and better there will always be cool stuff to mess with.

I just know that someday my parents will die and then I will really have no one. I already lost my gf, once I lose my parents I will be completely alone. Hopefully VR gets really immersive by then.

#230 Edited by Akyho (1713 posts) -

@dadjumper said:

My big secret for years and years was that I thought I was transgendered. I came out to everyone last month and have suddenly realized that I'm probably not. So now not only do I have no secrets, but those secrets were wrong!

Well there is diffrent levels of thing over all. Just find what gradient you are on so far you have established you are not cis, yet you are not full blown sex change and identify as the other gender. You are somewhere in between. You had to be strong enough of a conviction to say you were Transgender in the first so you cannot be all the way cis.

Many people enjoy their lives at the level of gender identity they wish. Some just dress as the other sex on the weekends, others decide to dress like that all day, others prefer to act more opposite gender and be treated in turn. Others already are and that is them and thus no changes happen just titles. Others change everything their pitch of their voice, their dress and ultimately their legal gender along with surgery.

There is many different ways to be transgendered ultimately. You do not need to go to the ultimate extreme however you can act and asked to be treated the way you identify.

I best post a secret.......................... I dont have any. I am an open book and thus I tell everyone everything with no issues.

#232 Posted by dadjumper (85 posts) -

@akyho: Yep to this! I've sort of settled somewhere in the middle for now. It's just annoying to know that I went way overboard in telling people, but I guess that's how I figured it out.

#233 Edited by Akyho (1713 posts) -

@dadjumper said:

@akyho: Yep to this! I've sort of settled somewhere in the middle for now. It's just annoying to know that I went way overboard in telling people, but I guess that's how I figured it out.

Isabella Bunny Bennett of Steam powered giraffe sings about her time transitioning. You may find some inspiration. Bunny came out to family and friends years ago, however she did nothing about it stayed a man and curbed her true feelings, it wasn't till the start of the year she openly came out about how she felt to everyone and begun the transition she felt right with.

Her talking about the change of her Gender and more so her on stage character transition.

Incase you have not heard Steam powered Giraffe here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojYK6CW8gdw