• 102 results
#1 Edited by Tireyo (6445 posts) -

My dream car is the Ford Fusion Hybrid SE. I think this is a relatively simplistic choice considering that there are better luxury, muscle, and fuel efficient cars out there. I like this car because it does have a lot of neat amenities, it looks really good, it looks like it would be really fun to drive, it looks like there is plenty of space for a mid-sized sedan, I read online that this car doesn't "think about accelerating" or jerk when shifting gears, and the miles per gallon (47 City and Highway) is a major plus. It's a car that looks like it's well worth the money, and boy does it look great is silver! ^_^

If I were to want or buy a truck, I would either get the Ford F-150, Chevy Silverado, or Nissan Frontier. I've always liked those trucks for nostalgic purposes.

The car that I drive is a 2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback SL. I think that it's a very comfortable car with plenty of space and leg room, and I don't hit my head on the door when getting inside like I do with most cars. It's also really decent on gas (27 City, 33 Highway). The thing I don't like about it is that it does not have enough power (jerks when shifting gears), the engine is sort of loud, and it looks like a "chick" car even though it's dark blue. Otherwise it's a nice car that I am able to drive, it's a good first car to start out with, and I'm just glad to have it considering what I've been through in the past year. I'm pretty much poor, so the car is fine for what price was paid for it. I hope to fix the poor issue though with my college degree that I've struggled to get, so that I can take care of myself and my mom... and perhaps maybe get my dream car someday. =-P

#2 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2564 posts) -

Haha, my dream car is probably... Oh god, I'm so boring;

The 2013(/latest) Golf GTI. I love the hot-hatch class of cars because they're hella fun, but pretty practical.

On the other hand, I drive a stupid 2003 Honda Civic which has no personality whatsoever but is reliable as all hell.

#3 Posted by zombie2011 (4982 posts) -

Haha, my dream car is probably... Oh god, I'm so boring;

2013 Golf GTI

I love the hot-hatch class of cars because they're hella fun, but pretty practical.

On the other hand, I drive a stupid 2003 Honda Civic which has no personality whatsoever but is reliable as all hell.

That's what I drive, I have a 2013 GTI lol.

I mom drives a Porsche Cayenne turbo, and it's a beast of a SUV I wouldn't mind getting one of those in the near future.

#4 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2564 posts) -
#5 Posted by Tireyo (6445 posts) -

@zombie2011: You forgot to mention your dream car... unless if you already mentioned it already! =-P

#6 Edited by GnaTSoL (821 posts) -

Lotus Elise S

Once I saw this baby in Forza 2 I think....... It's the only car I've ever wanted for myself..... If I ever become rich... This'll be my car. :D

OH YEA! I also, like 2 years ago, saw this car at a local Burger King parking lot in Miami. Not only did seeing it again further reinforce my desire for this car but I also figured out the first place I would be going in my NEW Elise! XD lol

.......Oh yea. I drive a Nissan Sentra 08'... Ehhh. I get around. All that matters for now or ever I guess. :)

#8 Edited by psylah (2181 posts) -

I am a Nissan fan, so a Skyline GT-R is naturally my dream car. Pretty soon, the R32s will be legal to purchase (historic-status), so I am working on that.

In the meantime, I am driving my '04 350z, which I am considering modifying now that I sold my RB26-powered S14 project car.

I am waiting and pining for Nissan to announce a new Silvia / 240SX, which I would probably drop the Z for in a heartbeat, if it's not cheap enough to have as a 2nd.

#9 Edited by Tireyo (6445 posts) -

@gnatsol said:

Lotus Elise S

Once I saw this baby in Forza 2 I think....... It's the only car I've ever wanted for myself..... If I ever become rich... This'll be my car. :D

OH YEA! I also, like 2 years ago, saw this car at a local Burger King parking lot in Miami. Not only did seeing it again further reinforce my desire for this car but I also figured out the first place I would be going in my NEW Elise! XD lol

Very classy! What car do you drive, and how does it compare?

#10 Posted by GnaTSoL (821 posts) -

@psylah: Is that white car a skyline!? That thing is hot!

#11 Posted by tourgen (4542 posts) -

@tireyo643: I test drove the 2.0L turbo 2013 Fusion and it was NICE. The new Fusions look really good.

#12 Posted by GnaTSoL (821 posts) -

@tireyo643: Nissan Sentra..... I honestly don't need anything more or better...... but if dreams came true..... *drool* lol

#13 Posted by zombie2011 (4982 posts) -
#14 Posted by psylah (2181 posts) -

@gnatsol said:

In 2007, the Skyline and GT-R monikers were separated. Where previous Skyline models had a top trim level of GT-R, the current day skylines were turned into the Infiniti G35 / Nissan 350GT. GT-R became it's own custom-built platform. What you see there is a Nissan GT-R. That bad boy is parked at my train station every once in a while.

#15 Posted by Tireyo (6445 posts) -

@tourgen said:

@tireyo643: I test drove the 2.0L turbo 2013 Fusion and it was NICE. The new Fusions look really good.

That's good to hear. =-) Maybe someday I'll have one. It'll be the only car I need for about 20-40 years or so. The fuel economy and the power is too great to pass up I think.

So what is your dream car and what do you drive?

#16 Edited by psylah (2181 posts) -

@gnatsol said:

Lotus Elise S

.......Oh yea. I drive a Nissan Sentra 08'... Ehhh. I get around. All that matters for now or ever I guess. :)

You'd be suprised how cheap an Elise can be. You can get them for ~20-25k, if you're willing to dig into the 2002-2005 models.

#17 Posted by Tireyo (6445 posts) -

@gnatsol said:

@tireyo643: Nissan Sentra..... I honestly don't need anything more or better...... but if dreams came true..... *drool* lol

Those Sentra's are really nice. I can see why you would think that.

#18 Posted by GnaTSoL (821 posts) -

@tireyo643: They're nice I guess. Nothing special. They're like any other 10-15g cars.

I'm just a guy who doesn't really car what I drive. Hell, i used to drive a 93' Camry. Beat up as fuck, but I would probably say the same things I said about my Sentra to sum up my old Cam....

Probably had more love for my Camry considering everything. It was my first car and I got to sell it for 600 bucks before it said 'Fuck it' on me. lol

#19 Posted by BigJeffrey (5071 posts) -

Prius, really i could give a shit about cars. The more i can avoid gas stations the more i want the car

#20 Posted by sarahsdad (1108 posts) -

I usually drive an 06 Hyundai SantaFe. may replace with a jeep some day. As far as a dream car, I would love to own a 1969 Corvette stingray. There's something about the lines and curves that I find absolutely beautiful.

#21 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2564 posts) -

@psylah said:

@gnatsol said:

In 2007, the Skyline and GT-R monikers were separated. Where previous Skyline models had a top trim level of GT-R, the current day skylines were turned into the Infiniti G35 / Nissan 350GT. GT-R became it's own custom-built platform. What you see there is a Nissan GT-R. That bad boy is parked at my train station every once in a while.

"Historic Status" is pretty much exactly how I would describe the GTR. Man.

Considering I plan to work in public service, though, having that as my personal dream car would be silly (it would be if I could ever afford it though). :D

Either that or, the similarly legendary:

#22 Edited by Tireyo (6445 posts) -

@gnatsol said:

@tireyo643: They're nice I guess. Nothing special. They're like any other 10-15g cars.

I'm just a guy who doesn't really car what I drive. Hell, i used to drive a 93' Camry. Beat up as fuck, but I would probably say the same things I said about my Sentra to sum up my old Cam....

Probably had more love for my Camry considering everything. It was my first car and I got to sell it for 600 bucks before it said 'Fuck it' on me. lol

There is absolutely nothing wrong appreciating what you have. =-) Even if the Versa doesn't get along with me sometimes, I'm glad to have it. It gets me to where I want to go.

#23 Edited by Tireyo (6445 posts) -

@bigjeffrey said:

Prius, really i could give a shit about cars. The more i can avoid gas stations the more i want the car

I just couldn't resist. =-P

Seriously though, Prius's are great on fuel, and are decent enough cars. I just don't like them because there is a lot of glass in the back. I would be too scared to drive one because if there was a collision in the back, then all that glass will be everywhere!

#24 Edited by ilovebees (75 posts) -

+1 to team Nissan GTR

#25 Edited by HurricaneIvan29 (626 posts) -

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited (pic) but lifted

Right now I drive a basic stock model '06 cobalt coupe. Gonna ride that car out 'till I get settled down and can afford this bad boy.

#26 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

Man, I used to be really into cars. Honestly, I kinda just can't be bothered with it anymore.

But I still have a soft spot for this little guy:

Back when Toyota was still cool.

Also, obligatory "oh yeah, American cars are good again."

#27 Posted by GnaTSoL (821 posts) -

If I wasn't faithful... I would switch my choice from Elise to GTR right now. lol

That car is too sexy and for some reason I think the vents on the thing set it off! I love small vents on cars.... For practical purposes or not...

#28 Edited by psylah (2181 posts) -

@pillclinton: Having a project car, and the trials and tribulations (and stress and worrying and piles of money down the drain) that come along with it almost killed my love of cars altogether. I couldn't watch a car video on youtube or look at a car magazine without it reminding me of the car I should be working on at that very moment. Getting rid of it was a huge weight off of my shoulders.

My father had an MKI MR2, sold it before I got my drivers license. I would love an MKII like you've posted, but they are way too coveted and that drove the price up. Honestly, I would be fine with the MKIII, that car is better than people give it credit. It weighs less and has more power than the original MR2! People overlooked that and got caught up on its "girl car" looks. Feh, I'd drive it.

#29 Edited by Ben_H (3377 posts) -

For my dream car probably a Porsche 911 of some type or a VW Golf R or GTI. Or a BMW M3 (Not a new one. One from the late 90s or early 2000s. They look way nicer than the new ones).

I drive an '01 VW Jetta VR6 2.8L. I certainly can't complain. It's a little beat up but it is still nice and reliable. Quite powerful too.

#30 Posted by wemibelec90 (1737 posts) -

My dream car is the one that gets me from Point A to Point B without breaking down. 4 doors are preferred. Otherwise, I really could not care less what I drive. It's a means of transportation, nothing else.

#31 Edited by OldGuy (1566 posts) -

If it's beautiful out I want to be in a Morgan Plus 8:

If it's not, I want a Rolls Royce Silver Dawn:

#32 Edited by Stepside (514 posts) -

What I drive:

What I wish I drove:

#33 Posted by tourgen (4542 posts) -

@tourgen said:

That's good to hear. =-) Maybe someday I'll have one. It'll be the only car I need for about 20-40 years or so. The fuel economy and the power is too great to pass up I think.

So what is your dream car and what do you drive?

Ford F150 4x4 and an '06 Suzuki GSXR. The suzuki was (still is) my dream car.

#34 Edited by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

I drive an Audi A3 diesel. I really like it, as in I don't want to drive another car ever, so I guess thats my dream car too.

#35 Edited by xite (911 posts) -

Current: Bog standard Ford Focus

Ideal next car: Fiat 500

Dream: BMW E30 M3

#36 Edited by villainy (564 posts) -

Currently driving a 2011 Mazda 3i sedan manual. It was affordable, fairly comfortable, and I enjoy driving it.

@psylah said:

I am a Nissan fan, so a Skyline GT-R is naturally my dream car. Pretty soon, the R32s will be legal to purchase (historic-status), so I am working on that.

Wait what? Where? Please say US. For me the R32 is the perfect balance between crazy technologies and the ultimate "driver's" car. I spent a couple weeks in Australia and seeing a couple actually being driven... so jealous.

No frills. All business. Built to win.

#37 Posted by mrfizzy (1541 posts) -

Currently driving: 2007 Ford Focus

What I will drive next: Toyota 86 (As a reward for when I finish uni and get a job, so in about 2 years).

Dream car. Wayyyy too many to list. Delorean is certainly on there as are quite a few old 1950's American and British luxury sedans. In terms of modern stuff, Aston Martins are pretty rad.

#38 Edited by Itwongo (1215 posts) -

Currently driving my parent's 2006 Honda Accord and some year model Isuzu Oasis with a sticky accelerator.

Dream car based purely on looks: 1970 Plymouth Barracuda

#39 Posted by demonknightinuyasha (467 posts) -

I currently drive a 2012 Honda Fit Sport in "Blue Raspberry Metallic". It gets good MPG and is super reliable which are pretty much my main two things with a car. My dream car would be a self driving one. I would settle for one with a separate robot driver as well.

#40 Posted by Reisz (1517 posts) -

Just got a 2013 Passat. Really stoked that the US is starting to get some good turbo diesel engines. The general opinion on Diesel around here still seems to be "tractor fuel". A dame shame.

Dream car? Christ where do I start. . . . I guess if it had to come down to one car it would be a '70 Fairlady Z432 one of the original performance models of the Datsun/Nissan 240Z.

I'm boring I know.

#41 Posted by TopCat88 (177 posts) -

My dream three car garage would be:

1. Audi A8

2. Jaguar E Type

3. Lamborghini Aventador

BUT: Right now I live in Taipei so I drive a ten year old 100cc Sym Scooter costing £125.

#42 Edited by TheHT (11496 posts) -

I've never had one, but I think this'll do:

#43 Posted by Stonyman65 (2754 posts) -

My dream car would be a 1969 Oldsmobile 442 in black.

Or a late 60's Chevy Impala

American muscle cars FTW!

#44 Edited by KirkyX (125 posts) -

My current - and, indeed, first ever - car's a Peugeot 106 1.1:

59 raging French horsepower when new, coupled with her being only around five years younger than me... Well, she isn't the fastest. Great fun, though!

As for my dream car... That's a tough one.

Either a Lancia Delta Integrale:

A 205 GTi:

Or a Lancia Stratos:

#45 Posted by Asurastrike (2167 posts) -

I drive a 2010 Nissan Altima. After I pay it off, I am going to buy a motorcycle.

#46 Edited by AquaGeneral (124 posts) -

I would love a Lamborghini Aventador (too bad I don't own or live near a race-track). I would honestly even just love a vintage, used Lamborghini just because of the style and pedigree I admire so much about them.

The predecessor to the Aventador, the Murcielago was a long time my favorite car. Before I even truly payed attention to cars, I saw the Murcielago in PGR3 and was instantly in love with it, and for that matter Lamborghini's in general.

If I needed to be completely practical, a Honda NSX 2015 would be my choice.

Runners up would be the Range Rover Autobiography for proper yummy off-roading, and a Bentley Continental for something unique.

#47 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1660 posts) -

I don't necessarily have a dream car, but I would love to own a 1970 White Dodge Challenger, since one of my favorite movies is vanishing point... I wouldn't mind getting a Duesenberg either. I think the challenger is the more realistic of the two unless I strike biiiiig bucks in my pockets one day. I currently drive a '97 subaru legacy class L wagon. (it's currently got 141k miles on it and is driving pretty well, they don't make cars like they did in the late 80s to mid 90s)

#48 Posted by xite (911 posts) -

@kirkyx: I'm definitely a fan of classic 70s and 80s rally models. Modern cars just look like over-designed potatoes in comparison.

Adding the Mercedes Cosworth to my wish list.

#49 Posted by ch3burashka (5111 posts) -

My dream car... is a Subaru Outback or Forrester. Kinda lame, I know, but I like it as a safe, reliable choice. Besides, I need a SUV (crossover?) for taking stuff to places and stuff.

#50 Posted by hustlerlt (333 posts) -

This is my dream car. Nissan Skyline R34. Just look at it! I've been in love with it since I saw it in Gran Turismo 2. Probably wouldn't be the most comfortable car to drive, but I still hope to own one sometime in my life.