#1 Posted by Cameron (597 posts) -
#2 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Undergrad in Business from Japan 
Started Law School in the States

#3 Posted by Cameron (597 posts) -

I just wanted to know the general education level of my fellow Giant Bombers. I get the feeling that this community is more educated than the average internet forum, but I thought it would be interesting to see just how educated you are. 

If you want, you can list your degree type and the university you attended.

#4 Posted by Guyzea (816 posts) -

Tha streets. I aint got nun of that degrees but i got dem street smartz.

#5 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

I was raised by rats and have gained the ability to talk to woodland animals, it's not as useful as you would think.

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I don't think there's an equivalent on Earth, but my education's pretty good.

#7 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

I'm currently doing an Bachellor of Engineering in Motorsport Engineering, so Undergraduate I guess.

#8 Edited by mrhankey (695 posts) -

Currently seeking a BA in Psychology with a double minor in Philosophy & Cognitive Sciences with 5 more semester to go. Plan on attending graduate school for Experimental Psychology.

#9 Posted by CactusJack (143 posts) -

I have a BAAS in Applied Technology, Training and Development, and I am working on my Master's in Computer Education and Cognitive Systems 

I have my CCENT and I'm working on my CCNA (Cisco Networking Certs) 

I do have some certifications for personal training.   

I have career A.D.D 

#10 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

High School, and 2 years of 3D Graphics Animation and Game Design. $30k in debt, unemployed and stuck living at home since 2006 with fuck all to show for it.

#11 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -
@Cameron said:
"I get the feeling that this community is more educated than the average internet forum "
What a completely fucking absurd assumption.
#12 Posted by Cameron (597 posts) -
@Raymayne:

Why is it so absurd? People here are generally able to put together basic arguments in support of their positions, which is something I don't see on a lot of other sites. People who make unsupported claims tend to get called out for it, and this seems to support the idea that people are at least somewhat educated in argumentation, which is a crucial skill for any academic work.
#13 Posted by chocolaterhinovampire (1288 posts) -

Finishing my BA in history at Brock University then going to do my MA either at Brock or Guelph.

#14 Posted by chocolaterhinovampire (1288 posts) -
@Raymayne: I'd say your average giant bomb user is older and most  of the time better educated than many counterparts
#15 Posted by Osaladin (2515 posts) -

BS in microbiology, graduating from my basic sciences (2 years) of medical school in a week.

#16 Posted by Onno10 (405 posts) -
@Cameron:  Your level of education doesn't equal how much you know about vidya games you know
#17 Posted by Jazz (2256 posts) -

MA in Eng Lit, BA in Law.

#18 Posted by wwfundertaker (1400 posts) -

Final Year,  Meng in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.

#19 Posted by Bruce (5264 posts) -
@Vorbis:  

Would you say that...you were raised in the projects, roaches and rats; crackheads out back, sellin' they momma's sofa?
#20 Posted by SMTDante89 (2564 posts) -

Third year of University, English major with an emphasis on writing.

#21 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@Cameron said:
" @Raymayne:  Why is it so absurd? People here are generally able to put together basic arguments in support of their positions, which is something I don't see on a lot of other sites. People who make unsupported claims tend to get called out for it, and this seems to support the idea that people are at least somewhat educated in argumentation, which is a crucial skill for any academic work. "
Besides for the fact that's not especially true, you're basically giving people credit for basic reading and writing skills that you learn barely into double digits.
#22 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

Graduated High school with the highest mark I could get for my classes. Took about 2 - 3 years off to work, but during that time I also did papers which count as a National Certificate in dairy machinery. Now, I'm studying full time towards a Bachelor's Degree in Information technology and majoring in Systems Development.

#23 Posted by Wuddel (2090 posts) -

German Diploma in Biochemistry (= Master), on my PhD in Biochemistry/Biophysics

#24 Posted by Cameron (597 posts) -
@HandsomeDead: 

I agree that they are basic skills, but that doesn't change the fact that they are rarely seen on internet forums. Perhaps my claim was too strong, but I do find that threads here often at least resemble conversations while threads on sites like IGN or IMDB tend to be almost exclusively flame wars. Maybe I just happen to stumble into good threads and avoid the bad ones.
#25 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

I've got mere VETs (vocational education and training) in Retail and Logistics. That's it.
#26 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I'm currently in college majoring in Accounting.

#27 Posted by Gamer_152 (14072 posts) -

My highest qualifications at the moment are A levels in computing, psychology, and history. I'm currently studying for BSc in computer games programming.

#28 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Failed school; got into college somehow; dropped out of college; got my first job two months ago; got fired the other day. 

Some would say I'm going places, I would disagree. 

#29 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -

Finished Secondary School. Dropped out of College twice. But I'm currently at University.

I would say most of my education comes from my parents. I've had some good teachers, few great, and many that although they knew their subject reasonably well lacked the ability to actually teach. 

#30 Posted by hunkaburningluv (568 posts) -

Bsc in Chemistry with Instrumental Analysis and IT - Strathclyde University 
Bsc in Adult Nursing - University of the West of Scotland 

HOPEFULLY, I'll get the funding from my current job in a few years time to do my Masters in Addiction Studies......

#31 Posted by Kieran_ES (258 posts) -

Currently doing English at University. Intend to go on and do a Master's. Yay for debt! 

#32 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

community college currently. i'm pretty much graduated. i have to do internship next semester then i'm done.

#33 Posted by damnboyadvance (4060 posts) -
@KaosAngel: That explains your avatar.
#34 Posted by Swoxx (2993 posts) -

Where's the option for Masters degree? not that I have it yet, but I'm still offended

#35 Posted by Osaladin (2515 posts) -
@swoxx: That's what graduate school is.
#36 Posted by JJOR64 (18954 posts) -

High School Diploma.

#37 Posted by Swoxx (2993 posts) -
@Osaladin said:
" @swoxx: That's what graduate school is. "
Oh...Maybe i wont get that masters after all :(
#38 Posted by Osaladin (2515 posts) -
@swoxx: Lol, chin up.
#39 Posted by BionicMonster (1032 posts) -
@Cameron:  Don't worry, it's a fine assumption. Raymayne is one of our professional trolls.
#40 Posted by SSully (4157 posts) -

First year at Uni, I am majoring in computer science. 

#41 Posted by Berezov (504 posts) -
@SSully said:
" First year at Uni, I am majoring in computer science.  "
Literally this.
#42 Posted by m1k3 (1326 posts) -

i dont really know where you would  put a degree from ITT Tech. but i have an Associates from there. But im going back to school.

#43 Posted by SomeJerk (3216 posts) -

I don't have a high school (equivalent) degree because the teachers teamed up and gave the then longhaired teenaged me failing grades for refusing to give into their threats and cut my hair off. On top of the daily harassment and bs they gave me, that kinda was enough. Out in the working world I went, successfully until fibromyalgia struck.

What I do have is a diploma in a quarter year long course that taught brainwashing. Came handy when running raid guilds in WoW.

#44 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Uhhh... probably done with community college soon, a 2-year, and then I'll transfer to a 4-year. Looking at premed, I guess... just something... anything...

#45 Posted by DiscoDuck8k (499 posts) -

Finished high school, dropped out of college after being there for a while when it dawned on me that what I'd been pursuing wasn't what I seriously wanted.

Too much wasted time. Still haven't decided on what I'm going to try next or when.

#46 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -

Some high school, I suppose. I'm in my last year of secondary school.

#47 Posted by JerichoBlyth (1044 posts) -

HND in Journalism.......yes, a Mickey Mouse diploma. The hell was I thinking? It was fun though!

#48 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

MSc CivEng 

#49 Posted by Bobdaman18 (700 posts) -

I'm about to finish my BS in Biology after 4.5 years.  One and a half weeks till graduation and i'm scared as hell.  I've been back and forth on what i want to do next but after this semester i'm fairly certain that i want to pursue a masters in public health and try to get a job at some government agency like the cdc or epa.  Anyone else do the MPH or have anything to say about it?