Posted by TenaciousE (114 posts) -

What is your favorite metalcore/ post-hardcore band?

Mine would have to be After the Burial,  Number 12 Looks Like You, and Fall of Troy.

#1 Posted by TenaciousE (114 posts) -

What is your favorite metalcore/ post-hardcore band?

Mine would have to be After the Burial,  Number 12 Looks Like You, and Fall of Troy.

#2 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

Okay, so the topic says "what is your favorite band?", but now you want something specific? You should have let people know this.

#3 Posted by Dynamo22 (70 posts) -

I'm a big fan of Misery Signals and August Burns Red. Post hardcore..I dig on some Thursday. They WERE good. 

#4 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

Green Day and Simple Plan are my favourite metalcore bands.

#5 Edited by nanikore (2740 posts) -

There are no good metalcore bands.

#6 Posted by Dynamo22 (70 posts) -
@DanielJW said:
" Green Day and Simple Plan are my favourite metalcore bands. "
Haha one of those rare moments of a true laugh out loud. 
#7 Posted by fearbefore (57 posts) -

All-time favorite would be Poison the Well, specifically "The Opposite of December."   Defined this generation's post-hardcore.  I would throw Every Time I Die and Fear Before the March of Flames in as all time favorites.  Currently really enjoying Between the Buried and Me's "The Great Misdirect." 

#8 Posted by TenaciousE (114 posts) -
@fearbefore said:
" All-time favorite would be Poison the Well, specifically "The Opposite of December."   Defined this generation's post-hardcore.  I would throw Every Time I Die and Fear Before the March of Flames in as all time favorites.  Currently really enjoying Between the Buried and Me's "The Great Misdirect."  "
Every Time I Die is a really good band.

#9 Posted by Animasta (14718 posts) -

I love attack attack so much

#10 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

i got for the harder shit.

#11 Posted by fearbefore (57 posts) -
@TenaciousE: They're coming to Sacramento, CA on 3/26.  Should be a good show.
#12 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@fearbefore said:
" @TenaciousE: They're coming to Sacramento, CA on 3/26.  Should be a good show. "
fbtmof is just fear before. and they need a new album. i really dug their last. fucking brilliant work
#13 Posted by spaded (170 posts) -
@Laketown:  oh dear :(  
#14 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

i actually like The Number 12 Looks Like You

#15 Posted by Disengage (429 posts) -

HORSE the band > all. Fact.

#16 Edited by fearbefore (57 posts) -
@Ryax:  Yep, been following them for about 6 years now.  Their new album is good, they've constantly innovated and changed for album to album.  They've always grown in a good direction.
#17 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

Bullet

#18 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@fearbefore: its true. been two years, they either partied to death or are cooking up some good shit
#19 Posted by marlow83 (239 posts) -

As I Lay Dying is my favorite. Killswitch Engage is pretty good and August Burns Red isn't bad either

#20 Posted by 02sfraser (847 posts) -

i love Fall of Troy as well. however i love HORSE the band more and i really like Underoath

#21 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@marlow83 said:
" As I Lay Dying is my favorite. Killswitch Engage is pretty good and August Burns Red isn't bad either "
OH MY GOD
#22 Edited by ultrarobotninja (20 posts) -

Not that I expect anyone to know them but this local indie band here in LA called Fat Sword is bringing all the noise lately. 
Also check out Future Cobra and Late night Savage...

#23 Edited by TenaciousE (114 posts) -
@Disengage said:

" HORSE the band > all. Fact. "

I likes nintendocore to, just not that much out there i love htb but there songs could use more nintedoness.
#24 Posted by TenaciousE (114 posts) -

bump

#25 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

What the fuck is "metalcore"? That doesn't sound very metal at all.  I will pretend the "core" isn't there.
In which case I would have to say my favorite metal band is a tie between Windir and Kalmah. Honorable mention goes to Ensiferum and Ragnarok. By some coincidence they all happen to be out of Norway and the surrounding area. Unlike all the gay bands mentioned above that I have never heard of.

#26 Posted by hicks91 (757 posts) -

i like the coldplays

#27 Posted by NukeSpoon (530 posts) -

nickelback are great!!!!!

#28 Posted by JokerSmilez (1293 posts) -

Norma Jean is definitely my fave. Then probably As I Lay Dying, Poison The Well, and The Chariot.

#29 Posted by bjorno (1430 posts) -

snoop dogg

#30 Posted by habster3 (3600 posts) -

Probably Avenged Sevenfold or Killswitch Engaged; not really a fan of the genre, though.

#31 Posted by mano521 (1231 posts) -

Parkway Drive

#32 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6309 posts) -
@keyhunter said:
" What the fuck is "metalcore"? That doesn't sound very metal at all.  I will pretend the "core" isn't there.In which case I would have to say my favorite metal band is a tie between Windir and Kalmah. Honorable mention goes to Ensiferum and Ragnarok. By some coincidence they all happen to be out of Norway and the surrounding area. Unlike all the gay bands mentioned above that I have never heard of. "
Those bands are "gay"? You wanna elaborate on that since your favorite bands' passion for running around in viking costumes in the woods with each other?