• 80 results
#1 Posted by Ninjahaxer (8 posts) -

Hi my name is ninja; i am new here and i am posting my first topic right now. My favorite game character would have to be Sora from Kingdom Hearts. Its a badass game. So what is your favorite character?

#2 Posted by Nightriff (5322 posts) -

Wheatley from Portal 2 is definitely up there for me but I definitely have to think about who my favorite really is.

#3 Posted by crusader8463 (14428 posts) -

Kane from Command and Conquer. He was the first character in a video game I really felt any thing for and grew to like. It also helped that the games are among the best games ever made. At least before EA took a steaming shit on them.

#4 Posted by Snail (8659 posts) -

Er, that's hard to say. Gosh.

Er.

Batman?

#5 Posted by uniform (1838 posts) -

Cate Archer

#6 Posted by Sparklykiss (1983 posts) -

You mean who? :)

I was going to say Wheatley, but that'd make my post a repeat. So...

Mr. Saturn! :D

#7 Posted by beeftothetaco (426 posts) -

I really like Vaas and Andrew Ryan. Other than that, I'm drawing blanks.

#8 Posted by SexyToad (2759 posts) -
@crusader8463 Kane is up there for me too, but my favorite, oddly enough, has to be Toad.
#9 Posted by D_Bones (372 posts) -

Oh jeez...hm i guess I like Auron, Wakka, Alistair, Mordin and Tali? If you're gonna press me I could liist more but picking one is impossible.

#10 Posted by Soapy86 (2617 posts) -
#11 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -
#12 Posted by BoG (5192 posts) -

When I saw this topic, I thought "who is my favorite game character?"

This is an important question, and I don't know the answer!

The short list: Squall Leonheart, Solid Snake, Garrus Vakarian, Mega Man, Gillian Seed, Alucard, Agro (yes, the horse), Miranda (for the booty). I know that I'm forgetting some, too.

#13 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4700 posts) -
Everyone from this Picture. Well, not sure the MC is much of a character, so minus him.
#14 Posted by Dawglet (313 posts) -

mario

#15 Posted by The_Ruiner (1137 posts) -

The ones I get to create...

#16 Posted by spankingaddict (2734 posts) -

Sly is so cool !

#17 Edited by bill (98 posts) -

@Soapy86

hahaha

#18 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

Overall: Sonic The Hedgehog

This Generation: The Starling Family

#19 Posted by bill (98 posts) -

This guy right here:

#20 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2603 posts) -
#21 Posted by PaulRevere (209 posts) -

@The_Ruiner said:

That is a great answer.

Besides that, I'd have to go with John Marston or GLaDOS.

#22 Posted by Donkeycow (557 posts) -

I THINK i second John Marston as my favorite, but i'm sure i'm forgetting somebody. Honorable mention goes to Vernon Roche from The Witcher 2.

#23 Posted by YI_Orange (1172 posts) -

Not sure about my absolute favorite, that would take some thought, but Kanji is definitely a strong contender.

#24 Posted by MentalDisruption (1669 posts) -

Oh man this is tough. Between the classic and current games there has been so many great characters. It would have to be narrowed down from Tali, Rydia (FFIV), Mordin, Jak (and Daxter if you count them as a pair), Crono, Solaire of Astora, Sackboy, Cole McGrath, Handsome Jack, Labrys, Aigis, Zidane, and Wheatly. I'm sure I'm forgetting some and I could probably sit here all night typing name after name if I really wanted to. Tali is the first that I thought of though, so I'd say she's my favorite if I had to pick just one.

#25 Posted by Ryanmc94 (50 posts) -

The best friend a gamer growing up in the playstation 2 era could ever have. Also he's the amalgamation of two species. What's not to love?

#26 Posted by MegaLombax (428 posts) -

Quite a tough question you have there. Couple of mine would have to be Ratchet, Sora (from KH), and Nathan Drake.

#27 Posted by thebipsnbeeps (558 posts) -

Wario. He goes to vast adventures just to satisfy his greed. If not, then he makes up a bunch of great one-off video game ideas for the sake of some moolah.

#28 Edited by NTM (7540 posts) -

That's very hard to say 'cause there are so many, but to name two, Solid Snake and Isaac Clarke. I think Gunner Wright does a fantastic job bringing a voice to Isaac, and it made me care for Isaac as a character much more. In the first one, I cared for him, but it was mostly because it was me in his shoes, and I didn't want to die. Solid Snake... Well, Solid Snake! Again though, there are so many characters to choose from there really isn't a favorite, only favorites.

#29 Posted by aznjon12 (189 posts) -
#30 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -
@spankingaddict

Sly is so cool !

Fucking yes! Goddamn he's a charming motherfucker.
#31 Posted by MisterSamMan (366 posts) -

"The Legend of Groose" - Groose

#32 Posted by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

Aveline (dragon age II) probably. A nice character that did not have any sort of awkward romance options.

And honorable mention to Morgan Everett the Illuminatis in Deus Ex 1, for having that genuine protective reasons for wanting to ensure the succession of a giant governing conspiracy. Substantially better than his successors in DX:IW.

#33 Edited by L44 (573 posts) -
#34 Posted by Mamba219 (157 posts) -

Well, the answer for me is Theodore Roosevelt, because he's always the greatest in everything. I think he has some cameo appearances in games, not really sure.

If we're talking about exclusively video game characters though, that's tough. I'm a big fan of Krelian from Xenogears - a wonderfully complex character. On the more simple side though, I love me some Dick Gumshoe from the Phoenix Wright games.

Also, can't say enough about the entire cast of Persona 4 - Yosuke, Teddie, Kanji, Chie, and Adachi in particular.

#35 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

No doubt it's gotta be . . .

#36 Posted by superkebabi (35 posts) -

Ryo Hazuki from the Shenmue games

#37 Posted by M_33 (527 posts) -
#38 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

Zidane or Kuja

#39 Posted by xMEGADETHxSLY (446 posts) -
#40 Posted by huntad (1958 posts) -

@Ninjahaxer: Welcome to the site!

1. Clementine
  2. John Marston
  3. Garrus

It's weird how characters are just now becoming real characters in video games. I thought long and hard about it and before this generation, a lot of characters were either just avatars or mascots. You could make the argument that most still are, but it's really great to see actual characters being developed in video games now.

#41 Posted by cruxking (204 posts) -

@The_Ruiner said:

this.

#42 Posted by bill (98 posts) -
#43 Posted by IzzyGraze (854 posts) -

I haven't played all the old school RPGs but my favourite character right now would have to be the Mr. Guybrush Threepwood!

#44 Posted by Hunter5024 (5956 posts) -

I am baffled that I didn't know this right off the top of my head. I couldn't pick just one but I really like Frog (Chrono Trigger), Zevran (Dragon Age), Rinoa (Final Fantasy 8), Asuka Kazama (Tekken), Shinjiro Aragaki (Persona 3), Garr (Breath of Fire 3), Nariko (Heavenly Sword), and Erica (Catherine). I'm sure there are some badass ones I'm missing too.

#45 Posted by natedawg_kz (236 posts) -

Adam Jensen, He's a frickin bad ass

#46 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -
#47 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Too many I love to pick a single one.

#48 Edited by Cold_Wolven (2293 posts) -
Solid Snake is a cool as ice bad ass and sadly not enough games were made while Snake was in his youth. Whoever that old grampa was in MGS4 is absolutely nothing like the Solid Snake I know.
#49 Posted by Sinusoidal (1784 posts) -

^ Ditto, and this guy:

#50 Posted by Spaceyoghurt (162 posts) -

Guybrush Threepwood or Garrus Vakarian.