• 55 results
#1 Edited by chan05 (318 posts) -

Hi folks,

I just thought about switching to a new music player. I have been using ITunes (Windows) for years now and on my Linux system I'm using Rhythmbox. Which music player are you using?

#2 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4809 posts) -

MediaMonkey. It's be bee's knees.

Don't know why I felt the need to say that.

#3 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4987 posts) -

Foobar2000.

#4 Posted by AjayRaz (12476 posts) -

i'm using iTunes

#5 Posted by Animasta (14723 posts) -

@OllyOxenFree said:

Foobar2000.
#6 Posted by CaLe (4052 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree said:
Foobar2000.
#7 Posted by Stete (748 posts) -

Winamp 2.95, been using it for more than 10 years now and its still titsawesome! Warning, all the versions after that are absolutely horrible so don't bother with those.

#8 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

iTunes is beast

#9 Posted by 9cupsoftea (651 posts) -

I wrestled with every single music player for years until I eventually found Musicbee. It is awesome. Developed by one guy and updated regularly. If you want a feature you can just post on a forum asking for it and chances are he'll implement it. Can't recommend it highly enough.

#10 Posted by JayDee (442 posts) -

foobar

#11 Posted by CookieMonster (2448 posts) -

Never Not iTunes.

#12 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

Heh. Spotify.

#13 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

I use itunes. 

#14 Edited by chan05 (318 posts) -

@9cupsoftea: Installed Musicbee. So far it really looks awesome! Love the Last.fm integration.

#15 Posted by mosespippy (4447 posts) -

I recently switched from iTunes to Cog on my mac and it's such an improvement.

#16 Posted by Nightriff (5337 posts) -

iTunes the best, I don't think I could ever transition to another one because I've put so much time into my music library

#17 Posted by Arkasai (702 posts) -

@chan05: Amarok was quite good when I was in college and using all kinds of Linux. I'm pretty sure it's still the standard music player for KDE distros.

#18 Posted by Kyelb22 (294 posts) -

iTunes

#19 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

Foobar. The main reason being that I prefer my music player to be something really small and light (I really don't need a lot of features or album art or anything; for that stuff I use like Spotify, Zune or like last.fm). I love how I was able to just turn Foobar into a white box that is just filters (artist, album, songs, and playlist).

#20 Edited by Pop (2651 posts) -

Winamp mainly, Itunes for certain podcasts (I think the windows version sucks though) and spotify sometimes.

edit: Oh the reason I use winamp cause of the hotkey options, I can use combination of keys to change song pause it or skip forward, I can do this while playing a game so I don't have to alt tab.

#21 Posted by shinboy630 (1192 posts) -

I switch between multiple PCs/devices a lot, so I use google music. It works great for what I need out of a media player.

#22 Posted by Rattle618 (1456 posts) -

I usually just install a pile of plugins on WMP so that it can open everything and stick to that, I don`t really listen to a lot of music on the pc. I have DeadBeef on my phone and that is what I use the most, I really love it.

#23 Edited by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I switched from iTunes to Foobar2000 3-4 years ago. The only problem that I have is that it doesn't handle podcasts very cleanly, other than that it's exactly what I need (largely thanks to it being absurdly customizable).

#24 Posted by DarthOrange (3895 posts) -

I use Media Go. Yea I have a PSP Go so what want to fight about it?

#25 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Spotify all the way. Even for local tracks. It does everything I want it to and more without a hassle.

#26 Posted by 9cupsoftea (651 posts) -

@chan05: Glad you like it.

#27 Posted by Theworldbreaker (173 posts) -

Windows Media player.

#28 Posted by Philantrophy (354 posts) -

I've started to use Songbird, not sure how I feel about it though.

#29 Posted by CounterShock (420 posts) -

I've been using Spotify ever since I got a subscription. I love that it detects new files automatically, none of the iTunes crap where you have to add each new folder or track.

#30 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -

Foobar2000 on my Windows, iTunes on my Mac.

#31 Posted by ShaunassNZ (2128 posts) -

iTunes. Clean. Simple. Works with my iPad and iPod. But fucking slow.

#32 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1542 posts) -

Foobar2K on Windows, MOC on Linux.

#33 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1771 posts) -

iTunes, mostly because of podcasts and because I fear change.

#34 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

iTunes; I'm a simple man.

#35 Posted by wewantsthering (1594 posts) -

iTunes is great on OSX, but it's a hog on Windows. Songbird is a great, lighter music player for both Windows, OSX, and Android.

#36 Posted by mikeeegeee (1575 posts) -

A version of Winamp from 2003 or something. It's fast; it does what I need it to do. People are regularly flabbergasted, "What?! You still use Winamp?" Mostly because iTunes is a pretty big resource hog. Glad to see the diversity on this forum.

#37 Posted by onimonkii (2464 posts) -

@Pop said:

Winamp mainly, Itunes for certain podcasts (I think the windows version sucks though) and spotify sometimes.

edit: Oh the reason I use winamp cause of the hotkey options, I can use combination of keys to change song pause it or skip forward, I can do this while playing a game so I don't have to alt tab.

i haven't used winamp in a while but foobar does the hotkeys thing as well, and i love it.

right now i've got keys for previous/next, and then i have playback options bound so i can be on shuffle all tracks and if i hit an album i like i can press my default playlist key and it will play everything in order until i hit shuffle again. you can also shuffle by whole albums, or by folder.

#38 Edited by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

I like using iTunes because of how dead simple it is to list the music and rate it, as that's all I want from a media player. Though I recently deleted all my music by mistake so I don't have anything at the moment.

#39 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6311 posts) -

iTunes suits my needs just fine.

#40 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4284 posts) -

iTunes?  

#41 Edited by Chop (1998 posts) -

foobar. Whatever any other program can do, foobar can be customized to do better.

I hope all you saying iTunes use a Mac. I'm sure it's fine on Macs, but on Windows? One of the least optimized pieces of shit I've ever had the displeasure of using.

#42 Posted by mazik765 (2316 posts) -

Windows Media Player. What now, bitches?

#43 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

I use iTunes to organise, and WinAmp to play. Since I hear so much love for Foobar2000 here, I might give it a shot.

#44 Posted by ShaggE (6700 posts) -

WMP, but installing Foobar now. I'm sick of WMP.

#45 Posted by KontX (117 posts) -

After WMP crashed to the point where it wouldn't play anything again ever, Foobar2000.

#46 Posted by Edmundus (292 posts) -

Foobar2000 4 lyfe.

#47 Posted by predator (357 posts) -

I'm currently using cmus, but considering mpd + mpc in Emacs or ncmpcpp.

#48 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2543 posts) -

Google music, fuck itunes.

#49 Posted by Spooks (30 posts) -

Zune Software.

#50 Posted by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

I go in between using iTunes and Windows Media Player. I use Zune for videos because they don't work well on iTunes or Windows Media Player.